Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Anna -
JOHN BUTLER -

Top Posters

19 hours ago, Anna said:

The Governing Body and the body of elders strive to keep the congregations morally clean. It is a fact that is acknowledged  by other religions and even by opposers . A practiser of any kind of immorality is not tolerated, is thrown out of the congregation and can no longer be called one of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Until he is reinstated to commit the same horrendous crime, again.

"On June 16, 2005, the elders reinstated Reyes in the congregation at his request. Alexis Nunez, then an 8-year-old girl, would later tell the elders he sexually assaulted her on a near-weekly basis for the next two years."

Hello guest!

8 hours ago, Witness said:

Until he is reinstated to commit the same horrendous crime, again.

"On June 16, 2005, the elders reinstated Reyes in the congregation at his request. Alexis Nunez, then an 8-year-old girl, would later tell the elders he sexually assaulted her on a near-weekly basis for the next two years."

Hello guest!

One case of many that have now been reported and proved true. But still the blind JW's don't believe any of it. 

8 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Yeah John ... don't rush the guy.

He is still flummoxed by the 163 questions I asked him in the past three years, that he did not answer.

And how many pages and pages did it take for you to finally admit that I was exactly right about Sarah and the Terminator?

If you didn’t obfuscate so much, you’d have an answer to every one of your petulant questions by now.

Do you think that you are the only one? If someone so much as farts at Bethel, Jack starts a thread on it, and I have to answer that, too, don’t I?

And don’t forget my latest project: upvoting @Annaand then downvoting her for the same comment on another forum. And then I have to deal with John demanding why I am doing it? Is he crazy? It is like the eggheads at (disgraced) Bill Cosby’s old high school running around saying ‘Why is there air?’ Only the gym teacher knew the answer. ‘There’s air to blow up volleyballs and footballs and basketballs!

20 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

And how many pages and pages did it take for you to finally admit that I was exactly right about Sarah and the Terminator?

If you didn’t obfuscate so much, youÂ’d have an answer to every one of your petulant questions by now.

Do you think that you are the only one? If someone so much as farts at Bethel, Jack starts a thread on it, and I have to answer that, too, donÂ’t I?

And don’t forget my latest project: upvoting @Annaand then downvoting her for the same comment on another forum. And then I have to deal with John demanding why I am doing it? Is he crazy? It is like the eggheads at (disgraced) Bill Cosby’s old high school running around saying ‘Why is there air?’ Only the gym teacher knew the answer. ‘There’s air to blow up volleyballs and footballs and basketballs!

You are funny but you do write such twaddle sometimes :) 

However I still don't comprehend this Anna up/down thing . 

7 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:
16 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Yeah John ... don't rush the guy.

He is still flummoxed by the 163 questions I asked him in the past three years, that he did not answer.

If you didn’t obfuscate so much, you’d have an answer to every one of your petulant questions by now.

So folks, here at halftime, the score is JTR ,163  .....  TTH, 1 .

At the end of the game, the loser has to blow up the game balls with a straw.

20 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:So folks, here at halftime, the score is JTR ,163  .....  TTH, 1 .

Alright alright, so it is. 

But it is also like what Slow Joe said to Davey the Kid after the latter delivered an absolutely stellar talk:

The tough-as-nails counselor said: “So...I am giving you a ‘G’..............but next time it may not BE that way.”

14 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Alright alright, so it is. 

But it is also like what Slow Joe said to Davey the Kid after the latter delivered an absolutely stellar talk:

The tough-as-nails counselor said: “So...I am giving you a ‘G’..............but next time it may not BE that way.” 

True ... but based on past experience, the probability is about ( 1 divided by 163 = 0.6%) less than 1 percent.

16 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

True ... but based on past experience, the probability is about ( 1 divided by 163 = 0.6%) less than 1 percent.

That’s what Slow Joe said. But Davey the Kid went on to never give a bad talk in his life.

Then he built a Kingdom Hall. Then another. Then he built an Assembly Hall.

Then he tired of running a cleaning business. He combined college course with credit for life experiences and became a psychotherapist.

His dying words to me were (and this is the only part I’m making up):

”You can do it, Tom. You can take out the big lout JTR. Remember, he uses chain-saw logic. Distract him a little, and he will cut off his own arm.”

6 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

”You can do it, Tom. You can take out the big lout JTR. Remember, he uses chain-saw logic. Distract him a little, and he will cut off his own arm.”

About 8 years go, on fine Autumn day, I had a chain saw "jump back" on me, and I cut the left hand "trigger finger " almost completely off, at the first joint. and got blood all over me, my clothes and shoes, and the chain saw. 

I stuck it back on ... let it bleed until it stopped naturally, and wrapped it with duct tape.  It healed up perfectly, but with a slight 12 degree angle towards the  ring finger, at that finger joint.

.... while I was waiting for the blood to stop, my Son came in , and I looked at him,, held up my bloody hand and said " Tommy ... don't be stupid, like your Dad."

I am encouraged that Jellyfish have lived for 300 Million Years, with no brain whatsoever.

@James Thomas Rook Jr. That is unfortunate. The best remedy for such injury is a dipping of alcohol, gets the job done. And I guess duck tape was also an added miracle. All and all, just to be on the safe side, a hospital trip.

As someone once told me, you wouldn't want to get your DNA and perfect genes all over the place.

Okay, we have reached the point where discussion starts to fragment and can go in that direction for a time until the Librarian (the old hen) looks up from her bottle and charges over to scream at her pupils turned unruly. Let’s branch into something closely related about our ‘apostates.’

While they may not be lazy, they certainly are deceitful. They push for all it is worth the idea that all you have to do is disagree with the GB and you will be expelled! Well, what do they disagree with them ABOUT? It’s amazing how many of them go on to embrace the homosexual lifestyle or become activists in this or that aspect of the greater world, newly determined to fix whatever they think is wrong with it. 

Essentially, they don’t like the idea that Christians should be separate from the world. That is being ‘insular’, they charge, which has become the greatest of all sins. It’s not exactly a ‘gentleman’s disagreement’ that can’t even be tolerated, as they charge.

In fact, many of Jehovah’s Witnesses disagree with this or that aspect of theocracy. But they also put it in perspective. They know that in any organized arrangement there will be some things that don’t go your way. They also are modest enough to know that maybe it is they themselves who are wrong. We are, after all, being taught by Jehovah . Everyone knows from Day 1 God does not run it as a democracy.

Watchtower logic is like this:

What we told and what we teach is true. Now we just have to wait for new information's that will prove opposite or different. Meanwhile, all who would disagree with us must go, in this way or another.

:)))) haha .. for my opposers

1 hour ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Okay, we have reached the point where discussion starts to fragment and can go in that direction for a time until the Librarian (the old hen) looks up from her bottle and charges over to scream at her pupils turned unruly. Let’s branch into something closely related about our ‘apostates.’

While they may not be lazy, they certainly are deceitful. They push for all it is worth the idea that all you have to do is disagree with the GB and you will be expelled! Well, what do they disagree with them ABOUT? It’s amazing how many of them go on to embrace the homosexual lifestyle or become activists in this or that aspect of the greater world, newly determined to fix whatever they think is wrong with it. 

Essentially, they don’t like the idea that Christians should be separate from the world. That is being ‘insular’, they charge, which has become the greatest of all sins. It’s not exactly a ‘gentleman’s disagreement’ that can’t even be tolerated, as they charge.

In fact, many of Jehovah’s Witnesses disagree with this or that aspect of theocracy. But they also put it in perspective. They know that in any organized arrangement there will be some things that don’t go your way. They also are modest enough to know that maybe it is they themselves who are wrong. In fact, many of Jehovah’s Witnesses disagree with this or that aspect of theocracy.But they also put it in perspective. They know that in any organized arrangement there will be some things that don’t go your way. They also are modest enough to know that maybe it is they themselves who are wrong. We are, after all, being taught by Jehovah . Everyone knows from Day 1 God does not run it as a democracy.

I'll agree this topic has certainly gone way off line but I didn't start it and I don't want the limelight, even though some may think i do.

The word Apostate just means someone that has turned away from their former religion. So the disciples were in fact Apostates to the Jewish religion.  But the JW Org seem to want it to mean, someone who has turned against God and Jesus Christ.

Hence the JW Org love the word Apostate as it serves as ammunition for them to dislike / not talk to former Witnesses. A rather sad situation but that's as it is.

Tom has made a number of sweeping statements or suggestions or implications here, some of which hold water others not.

I'll agree with Tom that the 'homosexual lifestyle' is something that some ex JW's  turn to. I was very disappointed with the 'protests' in London earlier this year, outside of JW conventions. I'm glad I was not any part of those protests. One particular homoseual showing off and becoming 'famous' amongst the protesters. Yuk.

Tom's next statement is so much a blanket statement that i would have thought it was beneath him.

"Essentially, they don’t like the idea that Christians should be separate from the world". Really Tom ? And you have spoken to so many of them in person have you about this issue ?  Remember you are talking about apostates. People that have turned away from their former religion, not turned away from God or Christ........ 

There are so many things in your last paragraph that try to once again blanket over all, that it is laughable. 

1. Theocracy. Where is your proof of it ?  Catholics could say the same sentence that you have written.

In fact, many of Jehovah’s Witnesses / Catholics / Protestants  disagree with this or that aspect of theocracy. Is it so funny.

Unless you can prove without doubt, that the JW Org and it's Governing Body are being directly guided by God through Jesus Christ, then what you are  saying means nothing. 

2.  "We are after all being taught by Jehovah".  Sweeping statement with again no proof.

Tom, we come back to,  'Can you prove the GB are the Faithful and discreet slave ?' Can you prove they are getting direct information from Jehovah ? If not then your above statement is at best a guess. 

Oh, and back to the beginning of your comment. 

"They push for all it is worth the idea that all you have to do is disagree with the GB and you will be expelled!"

Um, my brother is an Elder in a congregation here in England and he agrees with me that if you ask to many questions and if you disagree with the GB, you can and probably will be disfellowshipped for, "Causing a division within the congregation". 

Hence I left before making any statements to anyone.