The World News Media

WHAT DID YOU LEARN THAT WAS NEW AT THE 2019 "LOVE NEVER FAILS" REGIONAL CONVENTION ?

James Thomas Rook Jr.

6 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

All you have said, Melinda, is true, but .... (assuming you have already attended the 2019 Convention ...) the question remains,

WHAT DID YOU LEARN THAT WAS NEW AT THE 2019 "LOVE NEVER FAILS" REGIONAL CONVENTION ?

By the way ... I met my first wife at an Assembly ( she ran out on me with my best friend, an ex Bethelite and a Pioneer).

I met my second wife in Peru, and we both worked on helping to build Bethel, there ( she ran out on me for no specified reason, other than she never loved me ).

and ... I met my current and third wife, Susan,  on a JW dating website, and after six years, she is the love of my life, and my best friend.

My three children, very VERY dedicated to the Organization, and who live within a 200 mile radius, have visited me less than ONE DAY in the last ten years ( this coming December 19th), so you can see why it is important for me to find out how OTHER people process information, and ...

Well, James.... I learned that yes, Manasseh did actually repent and was forgiven by Jehovah. (i.e. there is hope for the rest of us!) How do I know? I saw him with my own eyes.

Usually, after living a number of years, we may take stock of ourselves and realize the things that we did not want to believe about ourselves were actually true. We repent and begin to consider how can we make amends. We mellow.

How many people are aware of these very personal things that you have revealed about yourself? A lot? A few? I know these were very hurtful things for you. Thank you for letting us know these things. I am glad that your current mate is "the love of your life and your best friend. May you both live for an eternity together in perfection in Jehovah's new world!

• Views 9.2k
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Of course, there was that "God-damned" snake in the grass back in Eden. It was cursed to crawl on the ground and lick the dust with its [forked] tongue. Then there were those pigs that allowed th

Law of diminishing returns is also a fundamental principle in Economics, not only Engineering.  And you talking money already. But remember you go to meeting every week and you don't  necessarily

Next week DV I will know, and will tell you.    Maybe this time your children will learn something that will show them the need to visit more often and to process information so they practice god

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Since you are so very much out of harmony with the ones putting on the program, you will kick back at most of it. I mean, you are not exactly easy to satisfy.

Yeah, the Bereans were colossal "pains in the butt", also

How about you personally post here what you thought was "New", and worthy of fresh examination?

That is what I am asking for.

43 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

It was an Assembly TO FESTIVAL ... probably with a LOT of mutton and fried chicken, and wine.

Seems chicken was introduced centuries later - not at the time of these festivals.  Some Jews kept pigs to sell to others, others probably also kept chickens but it was not in their diet until maybe the Roman times. Eggs were mentioned by Jesus as a gift to one's children.

Talking about songs, the oddest thing happened at our convention. on the last day, the afternoon, just before we get ready to sing "Give me Courage", the brother announces that we should pay attention because the music was slightly changed. ??? My excitement dwindled as I and others had diligently practiced the song since its release on the website last year. Anyway, everyone sang their hearts out, and I must say sounded pretty good, except in the last chorus. For some unexplained reason the music WAS different, however no one was deterred and sang as they had learned it. As a consequence it sounded absolutely awful. Terribly out of tune. Like cats and dogs howling. I stopped singing and just shook my head. When I got home I checked the recorded version of the convention we have for my mother in law who is house bound, and there was no such problem there. It sounds like it was just our convention....?

50 minutes ago, Bubba Johnson Jr said:

I learned that yes, Manasseh did actually repent and was forgiven by Jehovah. (i.e. there is hope for the rest of us!) How do I know? I saw him with my own eyes.

Wow! It's been years since anyone expected Biblical men of old to appear at a convention.

9 minutes ago, JW Insider said:
1 hour ago, Bubba Johnson Jr said:

I learned that yes, Manasseh did actually repent and was forgiven by Jehovah. (i.e. there is hope for the rest of us!) How do I know? I saw him with my own eyes.

Wow! It's been years since anyone expected Biblical men of old to appear at a convention.

What was the ghost wearing?

2019-07-07_233930.jpg

Three pages and no real answers. Says a lot for a JW assembly 

I did like the bit where someone said about not having love for your pets. A sister in the Honiton congregation (my  ex congregation) would really sulk if anyone mentioned she had to leave her dog behind at Armageddon.

And I think Anna mentioned something about not having 'emotional' love for anyone ? I'd need more info on this one though. 

Are these the things that the GB / JW Org are really teaching now ?  It sounds very sad if this is the teachings. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.