James Thomas Rook Jr.

WHAT DID YOU LEARN THAT WAS NEW AT THE 2019 "LOVE NEVER FAILS" REGIONAL CONVENTION ?

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

James Thomas Rook Jr. -
JOHN BUTLER -

Top Posters

13 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

This was important to me as I had to work long hours to afford to finance their explorations and socialization, which I thought was important ... Convention nearby would cost about $200 a day, times three days, so that would be $600.

Kids cost an arm and a leg to raise. Two of them will disable you for life.

Perhaps I am just asking for some encouragement 

Okay. I’ll approach it in that spirit.

WHAT DID YOU LEARN THAT WAS NEW AT THE 2019 "LOVE NEVER FAILS" REGIONAL CONVENTION ?

I think you defeat yourself looking at it this way. The Bible is a finite book. You have been reading it for 70 years. Just what do you expect to learn that is new?

There are three assembly events in modern times. There were three assembly events, connected with the festivals, in ancient times. What did they learn then that was new? Why did they go?

2 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

There are three assembly events in modern times. There were three assembly events, connected with the festivals, in ancient times. What did they learn then that was new? Why did they go?

My best guess is that they went for religious instruction, establishing new trade contacts, keeping a deep-ended gene pool by people from widely disparate gene pools intermarrying, discussion of crops, national and local security issues,  showing and trading and selling livestock, preparing military strategy,  gossip and news, feasting, dancing, drinking, singing, playing music and feasting and giving and recieving open hospitality, demonstrating and learning shop craft and other trade and domestic skills, and making new friends, ... to give a partial list.

It was an Assembly TO FESTIVAL ... probably with a LOT of mutton and fried chicken, and wine.

They had to WALK where they went, with few exceptions, and were not inclined to go anywhere for frivolous reasons, or to waste ANY opportunity for ANY kind of advancement... or to have a wholesome party.

Life was too short ... and too hard!

5 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

It was an Assembly TO FESTIVAL ... probably with a LOT of mutton and fried chicken, and wine.

It is exactly that way with modern assemblies, assuming you brownbag the mutton and chicken, and hold the wine.

5 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

It is exactly that way with modern assemblies, assuming you brownbag the mutton and chicken, and hold the wine.

I would certainly be interested in seeing a copy of THAT Assembly Program Brochure !

The point I am TRYING to make ... is that all the things I mentioned were PART of the official agenda! They were PLANNED that way !

WHAT DID YOU LEARN THAT WAS NEW AT THE 2019 "LOVE NEVER FAILS" REGIONAL CONVENTION ?

This is second hand information, and I can't say it is "new".  Perhaps it is new in the way it is presented, especially under a convention entitled "Love Never Fails".    I was hoping you may shed some truth to it, since you are taking notes.  

The "rumor" is, JWs are being told they shouldn't form an emotional attachment to their pets; that it is "foolish because they don't have feelings or emotions".  

If it is true that the leaders of the WT have stated this, why would anyone trust anything else these men say about love?  

"So God blessed Noah and his sons, and said to them: “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth. And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be on every beast of the earth, on every bird of the air, on all that move on the earth, and on all the fish of the sea. They are given into your hand. "  Gen 9:1,2

6 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

All you have said, Melinda, is true, but .... (assuming you have already attended the 2019 Convention ...) the question remains,

By the way ... I met my first wife at an Assembly ( she ran out on me with my best friend, an ex Bethelite and a Pioneer).

I met my second wife in Peru, and we both worked on helping to build Bethel, there ( she ran out on me for no specified reason, other than she never loved me ).

and ... I met my current and third wife, Susan,  on a JW dating website, and after six years, she is the love of my life, and my best friend.

My three children, very VERY dedicated to the Organization, and who live within a 200 mile radius, have visited me less than ONE DAY in the last ten years ( this coming December 19th), so you can see why it is important for me to find out how OTHER people process information, and ...

Well, James.... I learned that yes, Manasseh did actually repent and was forgiven by Jehovah. (i.e. there is hope for the rest of us!) How do I know? I saw him with my own eyes.

Usually, after living a number of years, we may take stock of ourselves and realize the things that we did not want to believe about ourselves were actually true. We repent and begin to consider how can we make amends. We mellow.

How many people are aware of these very personal things that you have revealed about yourself? A lot? A few? I know these were very hurtful things for you. Thank you for letting us know these things. I am glad that your current mate is "the love of your life and your best friend. May you both live for an eternity together in perfection in Jehovah's new world!

2 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Since you are so very much out of harmony with the ones putting on the program, you will kick back at most of it. I mean, you are not exactly easy to satisfy.

Yeah, the Bereans were colossal "pains in the butt", also

How about you personally post here what you thought was "New", and worthy of fresh examination?

That is what I am asking for.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.