The World News Media

The Last Days that began in 1914 are now coming to their End...

BroRando

Would you like to be a Survivor of the Last Days? 

"But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here." (2 Tim 3: 1) The Last Days (pangs of distress) do not last for an exhaustive period of time but do have an ending to them. It's an allotment period of time of 120 years, like the Days of Noah. This allotment is a Conclusion of a System of things .

As Christ Millennial approaches, we will soon bring an end to our Preaching Work to those associated with (2 Tim 3: 1-5) the end of an Age has come. It's not the end of the world but rather the End of an age of Wickedness.

Read more ...

• 3 months later...

• Views 5.2k
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think I just happened to run across another post like the one you were speaking about above. https://christianity.stackexchange.com/questions/61369/was-the-1914-prophecy-derived-from-the-book-o

Actually it was very similar to the way Miller/Barbour/Russell calculated 1844/1874 and ultimately even 1914. The primary way of calculating 1914 was not the seven times of Leviticus 26 (which later b

In secret you can, or with those whom you hope you can trust. (Micah 7:5,6) I see Jws on here in disagreement with the 1914 doctrine. Yet, they are still considered brothers.  It is a disfellowshippin

Posted Images

The last days that began in Pentecost on 33 CE will soon end on the second day 2033 CE. This is referring to the collection of the anointed also know as the elect.

"He will revive us after two days. On the third day he will raise us up, And we will live before him." (Hosea 6:2)

"However, do not let this escape your notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day." (2 Peter 3:8)

• The Body of Christ began to be collected on Pentecost 33 CE.
  • Pentecost happened on 33 CE + 2000 yrs = 2033 CE the third day begins 2034. Not all anointed will be heavenly at this point but you can apply other scriptures during the Last Days of this Age as they come to their End:

The Last Days of Satan's Rulership will come to its conclusion from 1914 CE to 2034 CE with a flurry of prophecies unfolding. When the wicked begin dying the second death of everlasting destruction!

The Time Left Is Reduced!
The sealing of the 144,000 is at hand...

You know,, that explanation seems a lot simpler than others I have heard …… But I seem to remember the scripture saying it’s a false prophet it will give you a specific date or year.

I’ve also heard from possibly the smartest natural man who ever lived, Sir Isaac Newton reportedly calculated the end days to be in 2060, as early as possibly 2032, But I don’t remember how he calculated it.

Sure,  Isaac  Newton’s natural intelligence was possibly greater than everybody we’ve ever met put together, but it makes sense that no man knows the year of the day or the hour otherwise we’d all be up with a shotgun waiting for the thief.

The fact that you’ve actually made this prediction is prima facie evidence that you’re a false prophet.

it’s a natural temptation, that few can resist. 

7 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

You know,, that explanation seems a lot simpler knows I have heard…… But I seem to remember the scripture saying it’s a false prophet it will give you a specific date or year.

I’ve also heard from possibly the smartest natural man who ever lived Sir Isaac Newton considered the end days to be in 2060, as early as possibly 2032, But I don’t remember how he calculated it.

but I don’t remember how he calculated it.

Sure Isaac  Newton’s natural intelligence was possibly greater than everybody we’ve ever met put together, but it makes sense that no man knows the year of the day or the hour otherwise we’d all be up with a shotgun waiting for the thief.

The fact that you’ve actually made this prediction is prima facie evidence that you’re a false prophet.

The Day of Jehovah is coming as a thief.   

19 hours ago, Pudgy said:

And xero in his new topic said this

...we implicitly act as if this isn't true, boldly concluding things Jehovah's going to do or not do and even the manner of his doing or not doing.

We can't let it go.

Um, two minds with a single thought, or, an AKA ? :) 

Are you aware that some other groups who believed in 1914 of Christ becoming King? I remember on CSE, someone posted possible groups other than Bible Students, however, these groups, only some, are possibly non-existent as the years went on by.

It was said on CSE a while back.

1914 seems to, by some, revolve around world events as well, taking place.

Yes, if you consider dissident groups of JW tradition. In my research I have found at least 3 groups that share this belief to a greater or lesser degree.

These are:

There are many other JW dissident groups but I could not verify if they still share this belief. Even because some of them doesn't exist anymore.

They are:

• Laymen's Home Missionary Movement
  • Epiphany Bible Students Association
  • Laodicean Home Missionary Movement (1957-1990)
  • Pastoral Bible Institute
  • Watchers of the Morning (1937-1957)
  • The Christian Millennial Fellowship
  • The Standfast Bible Students Association
  • The Elijah Voice Society
  • The Servants of Yah
  • New Jerusalem Fellowship (1922-1992)
  • Old Paths Publications (1925-1961)
  • Forest Gate Church (1920-1979)
  • Goshen Fellowship
  • The Institute of Pyramidology
  • The Angel of Jehovah Bible and Tract Society
  • Berean Bible Institute
  • The New Covenant Believers (Berean Bible Students Church)
  • Associated Bible Students
  • Association of Free Bible Students of France
  • German Bible Students Association
  • Greek Bible Students Association
  • International Bible Students of India
  • Polish Bible Students Association

The CSE commenter posted this chart:

Original 1843 Miller Chart

15 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

Are you aware that some other groups who believed in 1914 of Christ becoming King? I remember on CSE, someone posted possible groups other than Bible Students

People keep making this claim, but no one has ever seemed to come up with the evidence. Every one I have seen has always been a spin-off of Second Adventists (after William Miller) or the Bible Students (after Barbour/Russell).

On 8/18/2021 at 7:54 AM, Pudgy said:

I’ve also heard from possibly the smartest natural man who ever lived, Sir Isaac Newton reportedly calculated the end days to be in 2060, as early as possibly 2032, But I don’t remember how he calculated it.

Actually it was very similar to the way Miller/Barbour/Russell calculated 1844/1874 and ultimately even 1914. The primary way of calculating 1914 was not the seven times of Leviticus 26 (which later became the 7 times of the Daniel 4 tree dream). That method was considered just a supportive but inferior method by Russell.

One of the original "better and clearer" methods made use of that 538 date as seen in the William Miller chart that @Space Merchant showed above. We might be forgiven if we see 538 and 606 in the chart and assume that these are BCE dates such the first year of Cyrus (which was 538 BCE) after he captured Babylon. But it's not. It's 538 A.D., aka, 538 C.E. (And, for Miller, 606 A.D. was the rise of Mohammedism.) 538 A.D. is the date that the Ostrogothic Empire was supposedly overthrown, about 500 years AFTER the time of Jesus, NOT BEFORE. (For Barbour, it was 538 AD + Daniel's 1,260 days to start  the "time of the end" in 1798 AD, and 538 + Daniel's 1,335 days (years) = 1873 AD, which failed for Barbour, so he had already adjusted it to 1874 when he convinced Russell. This is also why Russell started the time of the end in 1799, not 1798. (Evidenced by Papal rule being rejected then in the French Revolution.) Ultimately it was 539 AD + 1,335 + 40 years  = 1914. Russell's inherited methods finally had to be dropped under Rutherford. We dropped the "Israel's doubles" method, and dropped the Leviticus 26 "seven times" method, finally leaving us with only the inferior Daniel 4 method which also referred to seven times.

Newton, a brilliant man, but who also got involved in some of this nonsense, realized that people were just picking dates for the supposed beginning of Papal "political" rule, or the start of any particularly bad pope, in order to put a start date on a Babylonian Papal Antichrist and/or "Holy Roman Empire." They were picking dates just so that the end date (by adding 1260, for example) would land in their own generation. That 538/539 AD date for Miller/Barbour/Russell was considered to be useful for this kind of thing in the 1800's. But Newton said it should start in 756 AD or even 800 AD or perhaps some time in between: 756 +1260 = 2016; 772 + 1260 = 2032; 800 + 1260 = 2060.

Wikipedia has it pretty close here, I think:

Over the years, a large amount of media attention and public interest has circulated regarding largely unknown and unpublished documents, evidently written by Isaac Newton, that indicate he believed the world could end in 2060. While Newton also had many other possible dates (e.g. 2034),[39] he did not believe that the end of the world would take place specifically in 2060.[40]

Like most Protestant theologians of his time, Newton believed that the Papal Office and not any one particular Pope was the fulfillment of the Biblical predictions about Antichrist, whose rule was predicted to last for 1,260 years. They applied the day-year principle (in which a day represents a year in prophecy) to certain key verses in the books of Daniel[41] and Revelation[42] (also known as the Apocalypse), and looked for significant dates in the Papacy's rise to power to begin this timeline. Newton's calculation ending in 2060 is based on the 1,260-year timeline commencing in 800 AD when Charlemagne became the first Holy Roman Emperor and reconfirmed the earlier (756 AD) Donation of Pepin to the Papacy.[35]

2016 vs. 2060

Between the time he wrote his 2060 prediction (about 1704) until his death in 1727 Newton conversed, both first hand and by correspondence, with other famous theologians of his time. Those contemporaries who knew him during the remaining 23 years of his life appear to be in agreement that Newton, and the "best interpreters" including Jonathan Edwards, Robert Fleming, Moses Lowman, Phillip Doddridge, and Bishop Thomas Newton, were eventually "pretty well agreed" that the 1,260-year timeline should be calculated from the year 756 AD.[43]

F. A. Cox also confirmed that this was the view of Newton and others, including himself:

The author adopts the hypothesis of Fleming, Sir Isaac Newton, and Lowman, that the 1260 years commenced in A.d. 756; and consequently that the millennium will not begin till the year 2016.[44]

Thomas Williams stated that this timeline had become the predominant view among the leading Protestant theologians of his time:

Mr. Lowman, though an earlier commentator, is (we believe) far more generally followed; and he commences the 1260 days from about 756, when, by aid of Pepin, King of France, the Pope obtained considerable temporalities. This carries on the reign of Popery to 2016, or sixteen years into the commencement of the Millennium, as it is generally reckoned.[45]

In April of 756 AD, Pepin, King of France, accompanied by Pope Stephen II entered northern Italy, forcing the Lombard King Aistulf to lift his siege of Rome, and return to Pavia. Following Aistulf's capitulation, Pepin gave the newly conquered territories to the Papacy by means of the Donation of Pepin, thereby elevating the Pope from being a subject of the Byzantine Empire to head of state, with temporal power over the newly constituted Papal States.

The end of the timeline is based on Daniel 8:25 which reads "he shall be broken without hand" and is understood to mean that the end of the Papacy will not be caused by any human action.[46] Volcanic activity is described as the means by which Rome will be overthrown.[47]

Antichrist will retain some part of his dominion over the nations till about the year 2016. And when the 1260 years are expired, Rome itself, with all its magnificence, will be absorbed in a lake of fire, sink into the sea, and rise no more at all for ever.[48]

16 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

Are you aware that some other groups who believed in 1914 of Christ becoming King? I remember on CSE, someone posted possible groups other than Bible Students,

It's not the same, of course, but there is one surprising group that related themselves in a curious way to the Bible Students/JWs in the 1930s. But they were also very highly divergent in most ways. It was the [mostly African-American] Nation of Islam ("Black Muslim") teachings of Elijah Muhammed. Muhammed recommended to his followers that they listen to Rutherford's radio broadcasts, and he sometimes paraphrased what was in Rutherford's books. Now and then you hear some overlap in his teachings and those of the Rutherford, with a twist:

Elijah Muhammad believed that the white race was created by Yakub, a Black scientist, and that Allah had allowed this devilish race to hold power for 6,000 years. Their time was up in 1914, and the 20th century was to be the time for Black people to assert themselves. -- https://www.britannica.com/topic/Nation-of-Islam

He even thought that the nation's [white] kings have had their day as of 1914, and that Allah would intervene in the mid-1970s. JSTOR has a few articles discussing the doctrinal similaritles of the Black Muslims, along with chronology similarities. https://www.jstor.org/stable/1384578

image.png

And to think that the Watchtower / GB / JW Org, continue all this right up to this very day !

I don't pretend to understand any of it, but as an 'outsider' it looks to be part of Babylon and part of 'the world'.

But then maybe the JW Org IS part of both. 

22 hours ago, JW Insider said:

They were picking dates just so that the end date (by adding 1260, for example) would land in their own generation.

I love this. Reminds me of Rando :)