Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

TrueTomHarley -
Srecko Sostar -

Top Posters

1 hour ago, JW Insider said:

As I said, I don't have a problem with this one because I'm sure we have the right idea about the actual correct application. 

I guess the real problem is that when I say

“Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven,” (KJV)

everyone says “Huh?”

9 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

I gave a brief Witness to someone who quite obviously wore his righteousness on his sleeve, and he said “No thank you. I’m Christian”

(I would never do the following it were but an honest statement of fact. But—believe me on this—it was plainly meant to play the “Superior” card. “No thank you—I’m Christian” - to convey his judgement that I was not.)

”Actually, only a Christian would do what I am doing,” I told him. “Frankly, I’m a little surprised that you are not doing it yourself.”

Slowly fade smug smile.

So you think it is 'Christian' to give people one message one day then a different message next week when the GB / Org changes the meaning of scriptures. What you take to the people is not from God or Jesus Christ, it is from your superiors in the JW Org / Watchtower Soc'.  So maybe that person was more 'Christian' than you. At least they are not taking false information to people. 

36 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

What you take to the people is not from God or Jesus Christ, it is from your superiors in the JW Org / Watchtower Soc'. 

Our “superiors” are us. They were once regular members of some congregation or other. Many of them cut their teeth doing work more lowly than most of those whom they would later lead—full time evangelizing in developing lands. The only reason this ridiculous division of our “superiors” and us is created is to further the silly meme of one group victimizing the other.

6 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Our “superiors” are us. They were once regular members of some congregation or other. Many of them cut their teeth doing work more lowly than most of those whom they would later lead—full time evangelizing in developing lands. The only reason this ridiculous division of our “superiors” and us is created is to further the silly meme of one group victimizing the other.

Or is it because they have exalted themselves with the title of 'Faithful and discreet slave', above all the anointed Earthwide ?

They would have 'cut their teeth' on false teachings then it seems, teaching lies to innocent people. The very basics of the Soc / Org's teachings have changed and the meanings of scriptures too. 

4 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

Or is it because they have exalted themselves with the title of 'Faithful and discreet slave', above all the anointed Earthwide ?

That is what Witness thinks. Go to her for your spiritual food if you like. She will never be stingy in supplying you with it.

12 hours ago, Witness said:

Then the prophet Jeremiah said to Hananiah the prophet, “Hear now, Hananiah, the Lord has not sent you, but you make this people trust in a lie. Jer 28:15

Gerrit Loesch:  “Since Jehovah God and Jesus Christ completely trust the faithful and discreet slave, should we not do the same?”

Excellent comparison ! Up-vote 

1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Excellent comparison ! Up-vote 

You, too, like John, appear to be in search of a “true” anointed one. You have found her,  right here on the WorldwideMediaNews. And you didn’t even have to search.

3 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

That is what Witness thinks. Go to her for your spiritual food if you like. She will never be stingy in supplying you with it.

No thanks, I'll leave it to JW's to go to other humans for spiritual food. Until I find out who the Anointed really are then I don't think I will be taking much notice of what any person says. 

14 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

I gave a brief Witness to someone who quite obviously wore his righteousness on his sleeve, and he said “No thank you. I’m Christian”

(I would never do the following it were but an honest statement of fact. But—believe me on this—it was plainly meant to play the “Superior” card. “No thank you—I’m Christian” - to convey his judgement that I was not.)

”Actually, only a Christian would do what I am doing,” I told him. “Frankly, I’m a little surprised that you are not doing it yourself.”

Slowly fade smug smile.

It seems to be a superior opinion of yours, to believe he wasn't speaking about Christ, in some form or manner; or had great respect for his teachings.  

The Watchtower admitted at one point that they moved away from preaching about Jesus, and put their focus on "Jehovah".  I wondered why they would change the concept of the apostle's message centered on Christ, and shifted it to "Jehovah".  There is no balance in your "preaching".   The organization baptizes in the name of itself.  The apostles baptized in the name of Jesus; giving thanks to the Father for sending His Son.1 Cor 6:11

So, was there really a centralized organization to be acknowledged by the early Christians as you are continually taught, which bolsters your belief in Watchtower as the path to salvation?  Of course, to build an organization, one must suppress the true path God gave us for salvation, Jesus Christ; thus, the move to exalt "Jehovah's organization" over Jesus.  

Can you see why the man said, "No thank you.  I'm Christian"?  

“My territory is part of a large metro area and is apathetic and unintested. Middle class suburb that has achieved the American dream.”

Karen, you never know. Recently my wife and friend approached people at the service station. Her friend’s first contact was dismissive. So was my wife’s first contact. But the second person her friend spoke with said, “I think you must have been sent to me.” He spoke of his  16-year-old daughter who is trying to help a friend and it is starting to take a toll on her. “Well, we do have a website that offers a lot of practical help and...” my wife’s friend began and showed the magazine online Is Life Worth Living, which greatly interested the man. It turned out that my wife had a paper copy (they were working separately) and the friend sent her niece (they were a threesome) back to see if the fellow wanted it. (He did) “I know how hard it is to be 16,” the 16-year old niece said. 

The day prior my wife was making return visits with another sister who didn’t have any so my wife was pulling out all the stops. Being right in the area, she stopped in where a once seemingly interested woman had told her not to return because the boyfriend was opposed. “Maybe the creepy boyfriend has moved out,” my wife said. She spoke with the woman who answered the door, and got a puzzled expression on her face, and my wife realized that both of them had moved out and this was someone new. So she explained what she had been doing and the woman told her that her husband’s friend had just taken his life. This, too, made the magazine 

Hello guest!
 just the right food at the right time. 

These experiences are many. Don’t assume that the fancy suburbs are immune to them. They are not. The facades just hide the problems inside.  Do what you are doing, friendly as can be. If it is safe, work alone from time to time, with a companion just within sight, or even all by yourself—it helps you think of your ministry and nothing else. Don’t worry about English being your second language. If anyone puts you down for not being polished, agree with them. It is ordinary people that make up the congregations. It always has been. “For you behold his calling of you, brothers,” the apostle wrote at 1 Corinthians 1:26, “that not many wise in a fleshly way were called, not many powerful, not many of noble birth.” Say to whoever you must: “It would be nice to have sent someone smoother, but they are not available, so you are stuck with me.” :)

What does Srecko or Jack have to offer on these matters? What might they reply? That there are agencies? That there are anti-depressants? People routinely fall through the cracks of sieve-like agencies, and they do not necessarily help long term (and sometimes even short) even when they are firing on all cylinders. What people need is a fresh way of thinking to help them cope, and a source of power greater than themselves. They may or may not grab hold of what we offer, but it is certainly well to offer it.

The JW year text for the present year is Isaiah 41:10: “Do not be anxious, for I am your God.” The year text of the greater world? So far as I can tell, it is “S**t happens. Maybe we can hold someone accountable and make them take responsibility.” I like ours better.

Last year it was “S**t happens. Maybe we can vote out these current turkeys and vote in a new crop of politicians who will fix things.” I forget what the JW one was for last year, but I do remember that I liked  it better.

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Rose Twombly
    Newest Member
    Rose Twombly

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.