The World News Media

Are JWs in America back on the 'door to door' work now ?

Patiently waiting for Truth

3 hours ago, Pudgy said:

As you may or may not be aware TTH, in the Truth there is no means to address grievances

Yes, I know, Pudg, but it appears that’s the way it is and always has been, even in the first century, and you should try to get your head around it. Pray to God for intervention and he says, “I’ve got people who handle that stuff.” Point out to him that some of those people are pieces of work, and he says, ‘Well—you’re no cream puff yourself. Do you have any idea how much you try me? You’ll just have to work it out.”

I say ‘always has been’ because the Bible does not celebrate the ‘free speech’ that is axiomatic in the West. Sometimes it celebrates shutting people up. Certain ones have to be muzzled because they are stumbling entire households. The tongue is even more damaging than actions since ‘see—how little a member can set the whole forest ablaze.’ Few actions you could do will have that effect. Even if you chased after the lithe and tantalizing young prostitutes of Thailand like Lloyd it would not have that effect.

So you do well to practice self-control, and chalk certain things up to discipline, even if they weren’t meant that way. Sort of like the kid Mark Twain wrote about who complained to his dad about getting punished for something he didn’t do. Well, the old man replied, in that case its for something you did do for which you should have got punished but didn’t.

3 hours ago, Pudgy said:

As you may or may not be aware TTH, in the Truth there is no means to address grievances

Strictly speaking, the statement is not even true, though it certainly is true by Western standards where people argue their grievance to the nth degree and don’t give up until the other side is bludgeoned submission, and since that doesn’t happen, they don’t give up. You get to blow off steam but little more is accomplished. Come come. We must not be like the obstinate politician who just prior to hanging is asked if he has any last words. “Yes! This is unacceptable!” he cries, as the trap door swings open and the rope snaps taut.

I suspect there’s a small local consortium of those who know you personally who hold you in high regard as they should—upholder of justice, defender of the widow, the downtrodden, and so forth. But online it takes some time to realize you’re not a spiritual terrorist. You might be better striving to be one of those ‘watchtower brothers’ you once said your life would have turned out better had you been one of them. Strive to be ‘one of the boys’ and from that position influence them to be better. You piss away your talents making common cause with ones who are resolutely opposed to the 15% you cherish. I mean, the day one of these characters likes a post of mine, I will take it as time to do a swan dive off the Golden Gate Bridge.

• Views 41.7k
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

…..  

This is exactly the point. Thanks. The Watchtower has ALWAYS turned the generation into a zone of dates. When the Watchtower's previous zone of dates was no longer tenable, there was an excellent oppo

Yes. If you don’t forgive and put it behind you, you never heal. You are forever rehashing your injury. In close to 50 years with Jehovah’s earthly organization, the supportive benefits have far excee

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Pudgy said:

As have stated before, over an over and over here, for perhaps nine years, that I consider Jehovah’s Witnesses right only 15% of the time …… but WHICH 15% make all the difference.

For perhaps nine years I have constantly challenged all comers to show me something better, and ALL HAVE FAILED TO DO SO.

So lets start with this 'revelation' above.

JWs only right 15% of the time. BUT JWs continually spred the GB's propaganda and lies.  

Challenged others to show something better.  Something better than deliberately spreading false information about YHWH and Yeshua. Something better than scaremongering with false predictions about Armageddon. Something better than the misuse of scripture. Something better that man made rules, made up by uninspired Men who pretend to be the F&DS.

Well just maybe, serving YHWH through Yeshua, as an individual, not as part of that immoral Org. 

If it wasn’t for Jehovah’s Witnesses my entire life would have been much worse, and I may have killed innocent people in Vietnam, the Congo, the Middle East, or Peru.

But it didn't help you with all your problems did it ? 

It is YOU, PwfT, that are half afraid JWS MAY BE RIGHT, not me.

That is why you continue to hang out here.

I know that YHWH is right, and that Yeshua is right, and that if we use a few different translations of the scriptures then the generel message is right. BUT JWs can only be right if they serve YHWH through Yeshua. Whilst JWs remain slaves to the GB then JWs will never be right. To stand on street corners guarding a trolly / cart full of GB propaganda IS being a slave to the GB. 

I hang out here for entertainment. I do also wonder if any of the True Anointed ones will show up. 

When a person is afraid of dying, there begins the search for comforting lies.

Yes, it's wonderful not being afraid of dying. It allows a person to have freedom of speech. 

14 minutes ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

I do also wonder if any of the True Anointed ones will show up. 

Oh….this is so tempting to me who has started up many aliases, second only to Dimitar……sooooooo tempting.

”You have not spoken correctly of me as has my servant TrueTom! You dodo.”

18 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:
23 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

“We act, for example, for a man whose wife is still a member, and he is ignored in his own home.”

This will be because the man has become a fanatical crazy who will not leave his wife in peace but works 24/7 to undermine her belief system so that she tunes him out to preserve her sanity. It has to be something like this because, again, Watchtower published counsel is that normal marital relations continue in the aftermath of a disfellowshipping, minus only the spiritual component.

I laugh at you Tom. You are so naive ( or dishonest ).  

Now just because people put words on paper, it does not mean that they live their lives by those words. How many times have people broken aggreements. How many times have people disobeyed written rules. Just because W/t publish 'council' does not mean that JWs including Elders follw that council, and it does not mean that those whom wrote the council actually want it obeyed. 

I was sat next to the phone here at home when an Elder phoned my wife and told her that i had been disfellowshipped. It was good for my wife and i that she knew the truth of the matter. And i now have it in writing from the congregation Elders that i left the Org of my own choice. If my wife had chosen to believe that Elder then she may have stopped talking to me and she may have even called me a liar. 

10 hours ago, Arauna said:

In this kind of environment "everything" (meaning every deviation) is acceptable to the majority...except a clean condition before Jehovah.  Do you not think this is by Satan's design in the system he is running?  Do you not think this will become worse and JWs will eventually be persecuted as prophesied?

This sounds like the JW Org. Everything becoming acceptable such as CSA, adultery, divorce, lies et al.

Do you not think this is by Satan's design in the system he is running?  Yes because Satan has his hands in the Watchtower and JW Org. The GB certainly do not serve YHWH through Yeshua, so the GB must be serving satan.

"and JWs will eventually be persecuted as prophesied?"   Where exactly in the scriptures does it mention JWs by name ? 

If JWs get 'persecuted' for the CSA within it's Org, then rightly so. And also for the shunning rules. 

10 hours ago, Arauna said:

There are just two sides:  Human government and its values or Jehovah and his values.

Yes but, the values of YHWH through Yeshua are seperate from the JW Org. 

When you understand that the JW Org does not control God or Christ, then you will find true understanding. But whilst you can only see the GB's Organisation as the only option then you are still trapped. 

14 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

I laugh at you Tom. You are so naive ( or dishonest ).

laughing?  You know, my husband says: There is nothing so democratic as the presence of sin in every person. That is why it is so important to be close to god, be humble, and work on yourself every day. 

While I agree, one can be naïve regarding human wickedness - there is nothing as good as being taught by Jehovah and having the fear of Him. This alone keeps one on the straight and narrow and helps one to maintain godly devotion.

Rejecting the only organization which tries to maintain cleanliness (pure worship) according to Jehovah's standards - that is true naivety. You see, while we cannot expect perfection from all brothers ( due to imperfection), we do well to expect them to keep the congregation clean of people who can wreck the faith of others or bring the leaven in. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.