The World News Media

Are JWs in America back on the 'door to door' work now ?

Patiently waiting for Truth

23 hours ago, Thinking said:

be a soldier  of a Christ and stand up to the serious  wrongs…with out hatred and remember Jehovah know the full story.

Yes - I am happy you survived it all!  A good example to us all.  (Pity that some accusers on this forum had a problem with the org... but could not survive the problem).  Consequently, they lost their chance to serve Jehovah forever! 

I do think women must man-up.  At work there are rules about discrimination but even then , it is hard to stand up against it in the world (human resources departments.) It seems it can also be hard when there is some sort of discrimination against a fellow believer. In this case we must not let it pass because Jehovah's organization must be better than the world. When brothers act like a clique, then the congregation can suffer... and unfortunately it takes the GB a while to discover this.  That is why we should act according to conscience - when we see something wrong. No-one is above the council of Jehovah. 

Last year we had an elder twice snub a sister while she was answering (she did not speak English very well and the brother wanted her to finish her long, insecure answer). I sent my group overseer a phone message:  Why has the elders not appointed someone to help her to prepare a shorter answer so she does not get snubbed in this ghastly way?  ... something to that effect.   There was an apology and she was helped.   I do not like my brothers or sisters treated openly in a disrespectful way.  In a nice way I will say something. 

I asked the same elder, by phone,  why some elders preach the vaccine more than the kingdom. I had a shepherd call from the CO.... I think it was to sass me out but I retained a good attitude - But if one stands for righteousness, truth and kindness - it must be there at all times.  I will NEVER put a question like this in public where a brother can lose face but I will ask questions in private. 

I really feel one must be open and kind - speak the truth at all times - and be who you are. Do not tolerate disrespect to the weak and weary. There are many vulnerable people amongst Jehovah's people. I have learnt to handle disrespect regarding myself quite well and answer with kind openness (I had to learn it).  I do not care to lose face... it is not important.  Believe me women often encounter this - no matter how high the position (in the world and org) but I do not take it to heart too much. BUT always ask questions if things are wrong - with respect. As a woman I must still be submissive so as not to be branded a Jezebel. I am very aware of being respectful and submissive. 

So far I have survived - and my faith has had its bad times and the good.  I just hope Jehovah gives me courage to act according to my conscience - whether in front of brothers or the worldly courts.

• Views 40.8k
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

…..  

This is exactly the point. Thanks. The Watchtower has ALWAYS turned the generation into a zone of dates. When the Watchtower's previous zone of dates was no longer tenable, there was an excellent oppo

Yes. If you don’t forgive and put it behind you, you never heal. You are forever rehashing your injury. In close to 50 years with Jehovah’s earthly organization, the supportive benefits have far excee

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Arauna said:

sent my group overseer a phone message:  Why has the elders not appointed someone to help her to prepare a shorter answer so she does not get snubbed in this ghastly way? 

I like this.

1 hour ago, Arauna said:

I will NEVER put a question like this in public where a brother can lose face but I will ask questions in private. 

I like this too. It is just Human Relations 101. There are some cultures in which ‘saving face’ is so important that if you don’t do it you might as well flush your words down the toilet. But even when not in one of those cultures, it is good advice to heed.

I was out in Service with a Brother years ago and we had both gotten drinks at McDonald’s, and as we stood there in the parking lot, he asked me how had I learned to tolerate various brothers?

I explained to him it was all about trust, and the “trust fall”, and offered to show him an example.

I had him turn around and told him to fall backwards, trusting me to catch him, even though he could not see me, which he hesitatingly did.

As he fell backwards I moved aside and he crashed to the pavement, spilling his coke all over his clothes, and screaming out “WHY THE !!*#%!! HELL DIDN’T YOU CATCH ME!?”

I calmly explained that it would not have been a real “trust test” if it worked every time.

He screamed “WHAT THE HELL KIND OF !!*#%!! LESSON IS THAT!?”

I calmly reminded him, while sipping my root beer, his original question was “…. How had I learned to tolerate various brothers?”

25 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

High on the clouds of heaven appeared the avenger to downvote them all, great and small.

…. and the cows on the ground, surrounded by Coppers (police), heard the thundering roar of

FBCF968A-E650-4986-967A-04B8B1EB1A6A.jpeg

04284841-72CC-4DE5-958B-B0DAF2CF148E.jpeg

1 hour ago, Arauna said:

You just don't get it do you?

Sometimes we (people) understand the same things differently. And sometimes we (individually or collectively) come to different conclusion about own previous statement/view.

In WTJWorg theology, this happens periodically. "Generation doctrine" is one of such things.

"Get it", it’s not something only I need to worry about :) 

3 hours ago, Arauna said:

(Pity that some accusers on this forum had a problem with the org... but could not survive the problem).  Consequently, they lost their chance to serve Jehovah forever! 

Once again you link God to the JW Org. Can you not think outside of that box ?  You seem to still believe that old saying "You have to be a baptised JW to survive Armageddon".   Poor Space Merchant then, if he's not a JW :( 

That is why we should act according to conscience - when we see something wrong.

And that is exactly what I did when i left the JW Org, and I'm still doing by warning others of the dangers. 

I just hope Jehovah gives me courage to act according to my conscience - whether in front of brothers or the worldly courts.

Now you also are showing that some Elders are not fit for purpose. Your comment sounded a bit sexist :) but then I'm a man so i do not know about the problems ladies face in the world or the org.