The World News Media

Are JWs in America back on the 'door to door' work now ?

Patiently waiting for Truth

• Views 40.8k
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

…..  

This is exactly the point. Thanks. The Watchtower has ALWAYS turned the generation into a zone of dates. When the Watchtower's previous zone of dates was no longer tenable, there was an excellent oppo

Yes. If you don’t forgive and put it behind you, you never heal. You are forever rehashing your injury. In close to 50 years with Jehovah’s earthly organization, the supportive benefits have far excee

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

I think we should be far more careful with the ideology behind the phrase “god allows”. In fact, I’m not sure the phrase “God allowed or allows” is found anywhere in the Bible text.
If we deal with the explanation of an event and say "God allowed it", then we must know which events "God did not allow" to happen. How will we know when the permission or non-permission happened and why? We can only find the answer in our interpretation and our ideology.

So there is no real or correct answer, because the answer does not come from God but from man. If one claims that something is “God’s will” then such an individual puts himself in the place of God, and then it is idolatry.

You write about degradation. On the one hand, you are assessing the general degradation of humanity, and on the other hand, you are talking about the degradation of the WTJWorg organization itself and its members. Of course, this is a subjective and emotional statement.
Humanity is no better or worse than in past centuries. The scenography has changed and other global changes have taken place, but the nature of man is constant. People love each other and people hate each other. Of course, my assessment is also insufficient, because it is based on personal circumstances and the conditions in which I live.

If you personally notice the degradation within JW membership then we may wonder to what “new light” JWs have been exposed to over the past 50 years? Does degradation depend and arise on the type of theology and doctrine you are exposed to or is it due to “external factors”?

Romans 8:22

For we know that THE WHOLE OF CREATION has been groaning TOGETHER in the pains of childbirth until now.

3 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Not a chance. (unfortunately)

When you drift away, sometimes. When you stomp your feet leaving the sheepfold, less often. When you thereafter turn your flamethrower upon it….

12 minutes past midnight, I'm off to bed. But thank you all for a good laugh this evening. It's been fun  :) 

6 hours ago, Thinking said:

Romans 8:22

For we know that THE WHOLE OF CREATION has been groaning TOGETHER in the pains of childbirth until now.

Thank you. Good confirmation of my thinking. If the writer of these words established this claim about 2,000 years ago, then he certainly covered a period that goes back to his life, that is, before him, and includes many generations that lived before he was born. The constant I wrote about exists. 

The Apostle Paul, what did he mean by "whole of creation"? Animals, plants, human? Worshipers of true and false gods? JW and ex-JW? Etc.

Those who say that nothing has changed in the world have pretty good arguments. What has changed within WTJWorg since it existed? Well, a lot and nothing. Why nothing? Because GB continues to produce inaccurate doctrines as in Russell’s beginnings. A constant that will non-stop follow you as long as you exist as an organization.

3 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

How many millions of Ukrainians are currently being attacked by Satan? 

How many millions of JWs are currently being attacked by Satan?

Direct or indirect attacks come from many sources: John5:19:    "the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one"

Eph 6: "Finally, go on acquiring power in the Lord and in the mightiness of his strength.  11 Put on the complete suit of armor from God so that you may be able to stand firm against the crafty acts of the Devil;  12 because we have a struggle, not against blood and flesh, but against the governments, against the authorities, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places.  13 For this reason take up the complete suit of armor from God, so that you may be able to resist in the wicked day and, after you have accomplished everything, to stand firm. 

3 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

who say that nothing has changed in the world have pretty good

Since Adam sinned the world is subject to futility on the basis of hope.  All is futile - all ends in death and corruption........ but jehovah has provided the hope through his Son.  And a future under the freedom from sin through his rule together with the Sons of God, the 14400 in freedom.

The wickedness has systematically grown worse as humans now  manufacture more ynthetic bio weapons and other weapons of mass destruction, animal, plant and human genetic engineering and other deviant forms of disobedience to the ethic principles of Jehovah. The possibility now exists that humans can go extinct.............so the world has definitely changed....... so the GB has NOT produced inaccurate doctrines as you claim,,,,, but have taught us the scriptures so well,  so we ourselves can see when these things deviant things are going into fulfillment. 

In contrast with this you are still drinking milk....... do you not think it is time to start a bible study with JWs to learn the meaning of scriptures such as Roman's 8? 

On 4/16/2022 at 1:25 PM, Arauna said:

Of course I link "jehovah" to the org. We carry his name don't we?  You are the one who is mentally in a box...... the hate-OCD box.... 

You are just throwing anything at me. So do not expect any answer -   try to control the OCD. 

The only earthly thing God was ever “linked” to, was His sanctuary, His Temple.  That all changed with the coming of Christ.  John 2:19,21

The only thing God is “linked” to today, is His spiritual Temple, His dwelling in Spirit, which is found in the anointed hearts.  1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17.

The attempt to connect God with an earthly organization developed by man, is idolatry.

“To whom will you compare me, or who is my equal?” asks the Holy One.  Isa 40:25

AGAIN

“To whom will you compare me or make me equal? Who will you measure me with, so that we should be like each other?”  Isa 46:5

“Do not make an idol for yourself, whether in the shape of anything in the heavens above or on the earth below or in the waters under the earth. Do not bow in worship to them, and do not serve them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, bringing the consequences of the fathers’ iniquity on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate me, but showing faithful love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commands.”  Exod 20:4-6

The organization, as all organizations are, was "created" by men. They are man’s doing, not God’s. He would not inspire men to establish one, when His Temple arrangement was initiated on the Body of His Son. And of course, no leaders of the Wt are inspired anyway.  When men create their own ideology on how to worship God, they have transgressed His Word.   

Rom 1:25 - They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served what has been created instead of the Creator, who is praised forever. Amen.

A JW will be hard-pressed selling their Watchtower on the day of judgment, in light of the above scriptures; because the scriptures nowhere, condone worship through an earthly, manmade organization that operates the same way as all manmade organizations in this world.  And we know what the scriptures say about who has authority over this world.  1 John 5:19

20 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

How many millions of Ukrainians are currently being attacked by Satan? 

How many millions of JWs are currently being attacked by Satan?

I think this is a very important point that needs to be emphasize more, because when you think about it it’s about 8 million Jehovah’s Witnesses and perhaps 10% of them are being unjustly chastised now…… But they are perhaps 8 million UkrainiansThat are being chastised unto death.

Right now.

As we speak.

At a place we can put our finger on, on the map.

My sister just asked me “have you heard the latest from jw.org on the persecution that is coming?”.

I replied that I had not, and I was not worried about it at all. She asked “what do you mean by that?“.

I replied that when persecution comes if I’m unable to perceive it, it’s not really persecution, and if it does come I will certainly know it, and being afraid of it for 20 years or more when I can do absolutely nothing about it in any way whatsoever is an exercise in futility…… Like people that like to watch horror movies so they can be scared.

I will certainly know when the persecution comes, because I will see over my left or right shoulder bullet holes in the walls, or looking down, see bullet holes in my body, or if I get shot in the head it won’t matter at all.

I am completely disregarding the fact that all I have to do is change my breathing patterns, and I can avoid any persecution, permanently. ( I learned to do that as a teenager, reading about the folks in India who could do such things ).

to recap:   There is absolutely nothing I can do about it if that sort of persecution comes that the Bible talks about, so why worry about it?

it reminds me of the story of the grasshopper and the ant, what you may have heard before.

There was this grasshopper who was very lazy and liked  to play on his fiddle during the long summer days while all during that time the industrious ant was collecting food and storing it underground for the long hard winter to come.

Month after month the grasshopper sang songs and played his fiddle, not worried about anything, while the ant stored up more and more food underground, understanding that the ” … time was short”.

Then one day, as the first snow of Winter dusted the landscape, as the grasshopper and the ant were crossing the road a car stopped and a man got out.

He watched the grasshopper and ant for a minute, stepped on the ant, and took the grasshopper to Florida.

1 hour ago, Pudgy said:

UkrainiansThat are being chastised unto death.

Ukraine is not the first war and not the last - with killing and cruel  slaughter. When the same thing was going on in the middle east - america was killing civilians- no one said a thing. Media was silent.  Now the media is turning Ukraine into holy angels who are suffering and all Russians are monsters. (All humans who do not live by righteous standards can quickly become monsters in some way. )  The countries now fighting each other are are "brothers"  and both are  egged on by, and supported by their highest clergy - the  orthodox fraternity.  Innocent people are suffering  but only a few of them are not taking sides in this war. Even countries are forced to take sides now.... you are either King of North or king of South.... 

UN will soon turn against religion.... it is already negative towards it but will openly thwart the Pope, who has been promoting UN agenda 2030, and turn on those who practice religion. It will feel like persecution for them ....... but have they not been hearing the message ? .... Get out of her my people? 

When they come for us because we serve jehovah, we will know it and hopefully own it

From Jehovahs perspective:- all those now dying will get resurrected. Jesus will judge them in true justice. Their suffering will be over and forgotten- forever, depending on their own choice. 

The resurrection hope and jehovahs justice must sustain us in these times when there will be much people around us suffering before death - such as  Covid induced homelessness and food shortages which later will be almost intollerable. People will say: where is God, there is no loving God..... blame Him for human wickedness induced by Satan. That is the regular MO.  

We must remember - all those dying before the final Day of jehovah (not 24 hour day), will be eligible for resurrection. 

Jehovah has thought of everything. His plan is air tight. ..... no mistakes.