The World News Media

Are JWs in America back on the 'door to door' work now ?

Patiently waiting for Truth

5 minutes ago, Arauna said:

He did give satan "permission" to test Job..... read the bible section again..... .

Thanks for the reminder. Their conversation was a kind of bet, and it was less about “allowing” in the concept of ideology we discuss. Furthermore, does this one kind of “agreement” between god and devil mean that it applies to all people after Job? In addition, God forbade the killing of Job. So what kind of concept is this that applies to all people from Job to the present day?

• Views 40.8k
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

…..  

This is exactly the point. Thanks. The Watchtower has ALWAYS turned the generation into a zone of dates. When the Watchtower's previous zone of dates was no longer tenable, there was an excellent oppo

Yes. If you don’t forgive and put it behind you, you never heal. You are forever rehashing your injury. In close to 50 years with Jehovah’s earthly organization, the supportive benefits have far excee

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

So what kind of concept is this that applies to all people from Job to the present day?

The concept that we all can be tested by satan and must prove our loyalty to god under difficult circumstances - not only at a time when everything is going well with us.

5 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

collective but not individual protection in Armageddon.

Before Armageddon (day of Jehovah comes) we will have collective protection (individuals may still be hurt) but the Day of Jehovah is the time we can be sure that the great crowd will  survive. Previous examples - Rahab in Jericho and the Israelites first born when stubborn Pharaoh lost his first born son.

6 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

In addition, God forbade the killing of Job. So what kind of concept is this that applies to all people from Job to the present day?

1 hour ago, Arauna said:

The concept that we all can be tested by satan and must prove our loyalty to god under difficult circumstances - not only at a time when everything is going well with us.

If we take into account the various events described in the Bible, then we come to the conclusion that "faithfulness to God" is proved by enduring the terrible circumstances of life, but also by giving life, as a sort of sacrifice to God, while adhering to the principles. There are also fewer examples in which God in a supernatural way saves the lives of believers from the hands of evildoers. They mostly die in hope.

I wanted to say that the concept applied to Job differs greatly when it comes to the majority of humanity, whether they are worshipers of the “true God” or not.

19 hours ago, Arauna said:

No, that is not what you did and you know it. You went far beyond talking to the brother u had a beef with.....  ... so . Do not act all righteous. You are a stinker and you know it!

Please explain what you think you know about me.  I have written proof from my ex congregation that I left the JW org of my own choice. Unfortunately one of the 'brothers' that i confided in has recently died. The other 'brother' that i confided in, telling him exactly why i was leaving, is alive and well, and he knows the full details of why i left. 

I didn't have a beef with any 'brother'.  I emailed some of the Elders to tell them I was resigning after i has done 3 months research about the CSA in the JW Org earthwide.  I was called into the KH and I had to sign a copy of the email which an Elder had printed off.  There were three Elders present, they told me that I could just become inactive for a while if I wished, but i told them I had resigined.  

Your accusation is totally un-Christian and seems to show your true personality. 

8 hours ago, Arauna said:
15 hours ago, Thinking said:

understand at times why some cannot see that it happens…perhaps because they cannot imagine that Jehovah would allow such things amongst his people…yet

Well, I disagree with these brothers. The story of Job tells us that we will be tested to extremes and scriptures in the new testament tell us we will be persecuted and mocked. Any opposite teaching is not the truth. If the world loves you, you are doing something wrong. 

I think that Thinking was talking about problems and imperfection within the organization not from the outside.

20 hours ago, Arauna said:

No, that is not what you did and you know it. You went far beyond talking to the brother u had a beef with.....  ... so . Do not act all righteous. You are a stinker and you know it!

20 hours ago, Arauna said:

You are a stinker! Twist my words for a nasty purpose!   I stand up to anyone who does not treat others well. That is why I see through your MO. 

Yes well, what should we think of this then.

Pudgy, who we know is James, and who we know has certain problems of his own, gives Arauna an upvote for making accusations against me.

Thinking also gives an upvote to those accusations. 

Both of those people pretend to be Christians. All three of them would quote scripture about not slandering anyone, not making false accusations against anyone.

Pudgy even told me off for using a common expression toward Mr Rando. 

double standards me thinks :) 

8 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

So it is with the world today. At any time, applying godly wisdom would have been beneficial. In our time it become crucial.  

Applying Godly Wisdom.  Yes.  BUT from a JWs viewpoint it seems that 'Godly Wisdom' only comes from the GB and from Elders. 

In my opinon, my leaving the JW Org was applying Godly wisdom. Also in my opinion my warning others about the serious problems in the JW Org is applying Godly wisdom and showing love to other people. 

But I doubt you would agree. Tom, applying Godly wisdom means different things to different people. 

14 minutes ago, Anna said:

I think that Thinking was talking about problems and imperfection within the organization not from the outside.

Yes but was @Thinking  suggesting that YHWH 'allows' Child Sexual Abuse to happen continuously, and that each child should just suffer in silence because "Jehovah will put things right in the end" as the GB teaches. 

Is that the 'teaching' of the JW Org ? That even children should be 'tested' from inside the congregation. 

13 minutes ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

Pudgy, who we know is James, and who we know has certain problems of his own, gives Arauna an upvote for making accusations against me.

Thinking also gives an upvote to those accusations. 

No. They upvoted because you are a dodo. You can’t even get the reason for your unpopularity straight.

1 hour ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

I was called into the KH and I had to sign a copy of the email which an Elder had printed off.  There were three Elders present, they told me that I could just become inactive for a while if I wished, but i told them I had resigined.  

It looks from this .like they bent over backwards to make things easier for you. The endless bellyaching you do about being shunned—they would have spared you that. But no—you made it clear you no longer wished to be one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. So later an announcement is read at the Hall: “Patiently Sitting on his Hands is no longer one of Jehovah’s Witnesses” and the brothers treat you accordingly. You brought it all on yourself, not necessarily by lapping up ill reports, but by your hastiness to assign wicked motives to your brothers.

You could have avoided your shunning, with no stain on yourself. Were you convinced some great injustice was being done, you could have waited on Jehovah to rectify things. He’s God, you know. He can fix things. Possibly had you found something better…well, then I can see a departure.  But no. In your quest to prove yourself more righteous than anyone else you put yourself in a place where you can no longer remember how the death of Christ benefits humanity, nor how God’s name is universally pronounced in the Western world. You willingly put yourself in a place where you don’t expect to survive, separating yourself from your former brothers who do expect to survive based upon their faith in Christ’s sacrifice. No wonder they want nothing to do with you.

……. worrying about “upvotes” and “downvotes” by people that you, yourself have rejected seems to me to be irrational and borderline insane.

It’like being obsessed with whether or not ghosts wear clothes.