The World News Media

Bro Rando is a rogue jw, which jw's here believe in him?

Matthew9969

• Views 14.4k
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man, I wish all this whining about the organization would quit. You'd think these idiots would be able to better able to prioritize their annoyances. With these idiots the answer to the question:

He feels like a bot. But his web site appears to be well made. I don't spend a lot of time worrying about it.

I put it first on my own blog. It’s also in TTvtA. It didn’t carry the day with that Reddit bunch, but then they ARE a hostile crowd. And even I have to admit those mannerisms do take getting use

Posted Images

1 hour ago, BroRando said:

Glad to see that you are starting to use the letter "J" again. 

Now this, is OCD

I've been on here since 2016.  I have never not said, "Jesus", "Jesus Christ", or "Christ", and also in personal times, "Yeshua"

From (1) יה (yah), in YHWH, and (2) the verb ישע (yasha'), to save.

15 hours ago, C-D67 said:

The Governing Body is a loving provision and an example of faith worthy of imitation. (Philippians 3:17; Hebrews 13:7) By their adhering to and following Christ as a model,

None of the JWs here have even dared comment on what GB Stephen Lett said during your convention. 

Lett: - "You hear people say of a little baby, ‘look at that little angel’, but more accurate would be to say, ‘look at that little enemy of God’”.

Please tell me if the GB is truly adhering to and following Christ as a model:

Luke 8:16 - Jesus, however, invited them: “Let the little children come to me, and don’t stop them, because the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.

Matt 18:1-3 - “At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, ‘Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?’ And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, ‘Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.’ ”

Ps 127:3 - Behold, children are a gift from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.

Did GB Lett in any way, "imitate" what Jesus said about children? Did he adhere to the model Jesus set by his words?   Do you, JWs, feel that S. Lett is worthy of imitation?  Has it sunk into your brain to now consider babies as enemies of God?   Does the man have any love in his heart?

This is proof that the quote you provided glamourizing the GB, is all a lie.

Summoning the crowd, he told them, “Listen and understand: 11 It’s not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth—this defiles a person.

12 Then the disciples came up and told him, “Do you know that the Pharisees took offense when they heard what you said?”

13 He replied, “Every plant that my heavenly Father didn’t plant will be uprooted. 14 Leave them alone! They are blind guides. And if the blind guide the blind, both will fall into a pit.”  Matt 15:10-14

Oh, I dunno, I was more offended by Stephen Lett referring to them as “little angels”.

I had buffalo wings at Golden Corral (a new item) today and was overdone with a great sadness thinking that somewhere in Montana there were great flocks of flightless buffalo.

11 hours ago, Witness said:

None of the JWs here have even dared comment on what GB Stephen Lett said during your convention. 

Lett: - "You hear people say of a little baby, ‘look at that little angel’, but more accurate would be to say, ‘look at that little enemy of God’”.

“Then Truetom, also called TTH, becoming fed up, looked at her intently  and said: “O woman full of every sort of fraud and every sort of villainy, you daughter of the Devil, you enemy of everything righteous, will you not quit distorting the right ways of Jehovah?  (Acts 13:9-10)

What he said was: 

“Now, if we think about it, we're not born as friends of God because we're born as sinful offspring of Adam. Actually, when we think about it, we're born as enemies of God. Sometimes you'll hear people say of a little baby, ‘Look at that little angel,’ but more accurate would be to say, ‘Look at that little enemy of God.’ Now, of course we love that little baby and it's now not hopeless because our loving creator has made reconciliation with him within the reach of everyone. We can become a good friend of God and that close relationship with Jehovah will become our most valuable possession.”

Notice how he twice said, ‘when [if] we think about it?’ You have to do that: think about things and not just parrot sound bites to make people you hate look bad. Oh, you spiteful woman, who quotes scripture by the bushel basket but never lays hold on the one that applies, besides the reference to Adam in Genesis, the place to focus is here:

“…through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because they had all sinned—.” Romans 5:12

“when we were enemies we became reconciled to God through the death of his Son,” by exercising faith in him, which a baby cannot yet do, and thus is temporarily ‘grandfathered’ via the faith of it’s parents. (vs 10)

Now, as for Bro Lett, for a guy who will quote Job 12:11, “Does not the ear test out words As the tongue tastes food?” you’d almost think he’d test them out a little more before letting loose with a phrase that every evil cherry picker will use against him to “distort the right ways of Jehovah.”

Still, I hate to think what you would have done to Jesus, after his, ‘Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I will resurrect him on the last day; for my flesh is true food and my blood is true drink.’ John 6:54-55

11 hours ago, Witness said:

Please tell me if the GB is truly adhering to and following Christ as a model:

Taking into consideration that passage in John, I would say Lett is supremely adhering to and following Christ as a model, more so than any of the other GB members.

Imagine: what sort of vile person would comb through a convention in which every talk explores the verse ‘seek peace and pursue it’ to find and exploit a faux pas?

On 7/18/2022 at 10:20 AM, Witness said:

Did the apostles EVER tell a lie?

Did they EVER teach the doctrine of men?

Did they EVER appoint a date for Armageddon?

Did the EVER add to God's word?

John 15

The Hatred of the World

18 If the world hates you, understand that it hated Me first.

20 Remember the word that I spoke to you: ‘No servant is greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will persecute you as well; if they kept My word, they will keep yours as well

1 John 2

A New Commandment

9 If anyone claims to be in the light but hates his brother, he is still in the darkness. 10 Who-ever loves his brother remains in the light, and there is no cause of stumbling in him. 11 But whoever hates his brother is in the darkness and walks in the darkness. He does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

1 Timothy 6

Guard the Faith

20 O Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to you. Avoid irreverent, empty chatter and the opposing arguments of so-called “knowledge,” 21 which some have professed and thus swerved away from the faith.  Grace be with you all

On 7/18/2022 at 10:20 AM, Witness said:

Do you choose to imitate individuals that have misled millions with the promise that Armageddon would arrive in a certain month, and in a certain year? 

*** w00 5/1 p. 32 He Died for a Principle ***
To Jehovah’s Witnesses, it is a Christian duty to be “in subjection to the superior [government] authorities.” (Romans 13:1) However, when governments try to force them to transgress God’s laws, they follow the example of Christ’s apostles, who said: “We must obey God as ruler rather than men.” (Acts 5:29) As a result, in a world where tribal enmities and ethnic hatreds have led to shocking atrocities, Jehovah’s Witnesses everywhere, like August Dickmann, pursue peace. They follow the Bible’s exhortation: “Do not let yourself be conquered by the evil, but keep conquering the evil with the good.”—Romans 12:21.

16 hours ago, Witness said:

The Law of Liberty (Matthew 7:1–6 ; Luke 6:37–42)

Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on his opinions. 2 For one person has faith to eat all things, while another, who is weak, eats only vegetables. 3 The one who eats everything must not belittle the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted him. 4 Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

@C-D67

Yes to all of these, and Jehovah had to clean up after them.

12 minutes ago, xero said:

@C-D67

Yes to all of these, and Jehovah had to clean up after them.

Wasn't Simon Peter an Apostle who lied several times of not knowing Jesus Christ?  Guess @Witness is proving to all that (she) doesn't know any scripture at all. Plus she has a very big forehead...

Revelation 17:5

On her forehead was written a name, a mystery: “Babylon the Great, the mother of the prostitutes and of the disgusting things of the earth.”

50 minutes ago, BroRando said:

Wasn't Simon Peter an Apostle who lied several times of not knowing Jesus Christ?  Guess @Witness is proving to all that (she) doesn't know any scripture at all. Plus she has a very big forehead...

When Simon denied Jesus Christ, was he repentant?

“Then the Lord turned and looked at Peter. So Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how he had said to him, “Before the rooster crows today, you will deny me three times.” 62 And he went outside and wept bitterly.”  Luke 22:61,62

Most importantly, had he received an anointing yet?  No.

“But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth.”  1 John 2:20

Do you really think the  "anointed" GB weeps and loses sleep over their failures in doctrine and predictions?

Do they ever recall to mind what Jesus said?

“Be on your guard against false prophets who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravaging wolves. 16 You’ll recognize them by their fruit.”

“Every tree that doesn’t produce good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 So you’ll recognize them by their fruit.”  Matt 7

If an anointed one is not producing "fruit"/teachings that remain, they are producing lies, that are changed out like a dirty shirt.  All of the apostles' teachings have remained.

Are you trying to make me look bad…or God’s word in Jesus Christ?

Then I looked, and there was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him were 144,000 who had his name and his Father’s name written on their foreheads. 

No lie was found in their mouths; they are blameless.  Rev 14:1,5