Witness

• Views 4k
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very serious and shocking subject and accusations. It took me some reading to learn that CSA stands for ‘Child Sexual Abuse’. As a victim of severe Domestic Violence for which my apostate husband was

Whether there is one or eight of them, they are all false prophets.  Each of them has told lies. (a lie is a doctrine that didn't come true, a prediction that failed, a teaching that never comes

I can't believe my eyes that a man of your caliber wrote this absurdity.   quote: Cyrus II of Persia, commonly known as Cyrus the Great, is mentioned as one of those historical figures who allowe

Posted Images

CSA COURT CASE INVOLVING BETHEL, GOVERNING BODY INDICTED

YOU ARE HEREBY SUMMONED to answer the complaint in this action and to serve a copy of your answer, or, if the complaint is not served with this summons, to serve a notice of appearance, on the Plaintiff’s Attorney(s) within 20 days after the service of this summons, exclusive of the day of service (or within 30 days after the service is complete if this summons is not personally delivered to you within the State of New York); and in case of your failure to appear or answer,

Once again, the ignorance and foolishness of a former Jehovah's Witness desperate to make headlines is marred by its own ability to understand the laws of the land, while exaggerating the caption. Typical. 😜

10 minutes ago, Dmitar said:

CSA COURT CASE INVOLVING BETHEL, GOVERNING BODY INDICTED

YOU ARE HEREBY SUMMONED to answer the complaint in this action and to serve a copy of your answer, or, if the complaint is not served with this summons, to serve a notice of appearance, on the Plaintiff’s Attorney(s) within 20 days after the service of this summons, exclusive of the day of service (or within 30 days after the service is complete if this summons is not personally delivered to you within the State of New York); and in case of your failure to appear or answer,

Once again, the ignorance and foolishness of a former Jehovah's Witness desperate to make headlines is marred by its own ability to understand the laws of the land, while exaggerating the caption. Typical. 😜

Thank you for clarifying for me. 🙂  Now, why don't you concentrate on the meat of the matter.  

2 hours ago, Witness said:

Now, why don't you concentrate on the meat of the matter.  

I believe the meat of the matter is, Satan is plaguing "all" religious institutions. You just happen to concentrate on one. The one you love to hate as a Christian. Now, that "Behavior" needs clarification.

9 hours ago, Witness said:

why are you a JW and not a Catholic, Mormon, Muslim, Baptist, or Seventh Day Adventist? 

The classification and clarification needs to come from a person that professes to be Christian and lacks Christian ethics. Then you can show God himself how to be obedient to his son's words and God.

I can ask you the same thing, Why, haven't you joined the Catholic, Mormon, Muslim, Baptist, Hinduism, Buddhist, Methodist, Presbyterian or Seventh Day Adventist beliefs?

A person that declares to be part of Christ church, needs to understand the reason behind the word unity. A person alone is not united through the internet. That's a man-made concept. Not the "oneness" God is looking for in his spiritual people. 

Now you are putting too much effort in what the Watchtower represents to you, rather than what it has accomplished. Without the Watchtower, there would be no exercise of the freedom of religion as constituted, since that was a challenge that came before man's laws. Something that Rome restricted for the first century Christian by condemning Jesus. Then you had emperor Nero who blamed Christians. Yet, first century Christians maintained a united front in their "churches" where possible and in hiding where it was nor possible. 

However, they "ALL" accepted the words of Christ, and they worshiped the ONE TRUE GOD. Did the apostles receive perfection? NO! Were Christians followers prefect NO! But they were committed to ONE true cause of Christian unity.

How many denominations can claim or at least put their "best" foot forward to follow the first century structure? All the ones you mentioned have "one" thing in common. They believe it's OK to kill your fellow man in war. Would that be acceptable to you?

Please don't use ZOOM as an excuse for wordplay. You know what I'm talking about.

6 minutes ago, Dmitar said:

Without the Watchtower, there would be no exercise of the freedom of religion

I can't believe my eyes that a man of your caliber wrote this absurdity. :) 

quote: Cyrus II of Persia, commonly known as Cyrus the Great, is mentioned as one of those historical figures who allowed different religions to exist in his empire. The Edict of Cyrus is a 539 BCE proclamation by Achaemenid Empire founder Cyrus the Great attested by a cylinder seal of the time. Although the Cyrus Cylinder does not refer directly to the Israelites exiled by Nebuchadnezzar, the edict is mentioned in the Hebrew Bible as authorizing and encouraging their return to the land of Israel and the rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem.

Freedom of faith and religion is an achievement which existed in some ancient civilizations and is not a novelty of the 20th century. And it is certainly not a merit of WTJWorg.

1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Freedom of faith and religion is an achievement which existed in some ancient civilizations and is not a novelty of the 20th century

Yeah, we don’t live in those centuries, do we? We live in the century where authoritarian governments would severely restrict faith and religion. And were it not largely for the coordinated actions of Jehovah’s Witnesses, dominant mainline churches would have snuffed out diverse religious belief in America during the first half of the 20th century.. Dmitar makes a good point.

3 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

quote: Cyrus II of Persia, commonly known as Cyrus the Great, is mentioned as one of those historical figures who allowed different religions to exist in his empire. The Edict of Cyrus is a 539 BCE proclamation by Achaemenid Empire founder Cyrus the Great attested by a cylinder seal of the time.

Indeed. Cyrus was fearful of the Judean God, just like Babylon. However, how do you believe this to be a point of order, since I’m referring to Christianity that didn't start until the time of Jesus. Are you suggesting, there was a religious sect called Christianity before Christ? Can you give me an example of Christianity before Christ? Judaism is excluded.

3 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Freedom of faith and religion is an achievement which existed in some ancient civilizations and is not a novelty of the 20th century. And it is certainly not a merit of WTJWorg.

Subjected freedom of religion is true. The Russian Government doesn't seem to have a problem with the Orthodox Christian sect, yet it holds the Watchtower as an extreme Christian group. Since you are into the Watchtower History, you should be aware of the challenges your former institution took up. 

In the United States, numerous cases involving Jehovah's Witnesses are now landmark decisions of First Amendment law. In all, Jehovah's Witnesses brought 23 separate First Amendment actions before the U.S. Supreme Court between 1938 and 1946.

First Amendment

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

https://www.historynet.com/what-we-owe-jehovahs-witnesses.htm

There are many position the Watchtower has taken in order to have their merits heard in courts of law. 

In part, look at this comment.

"I would argue that here precisely lie the core problems of religious liberty in the 20th and 21st centuries. The forms of sacralization are different, but the human individual is one, and inhabits different spheres at the same time. One may be a member of a particular “religion of God,” yet being subject to the “religion of the nation” as a citizen, and partaking of the “religion of the person” as a general cultural climate. This situation may be lived as not conflictual. One example is Alcide De Gasperi (1881–1954), who was Prime Minister of Italy between 1945 and 1953. He was such a pious Catholic that he is now being considered for beatification. At the same time, he certainly regarded himself as an Italian patriot, and was an enthusiastic apologist of the then newly proclaimed Universal Declaration of Human Rights (Romano 2008)."

8 hours ago, Dmitar said:

point of order,

I do not understand. Was Judaism from the time of the ancient patriarchs and the nation of Israel in the time of Moses a true worship? ...... or is it just an exclusive right of Jesus-type Christianity?

"True worship" should not be divided or attributed by the name of the religion (individual/s, organization) and the historical time of the event and existence of a particular religion, or perhaps it should? :) 

10 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

coordinated actions of Jehovah’s Witnesses, dominant mainline churches would have snuffed out diverse religious belief in America

And this sounds a bit like the "world started" with the USA and with JW's in this country. I hope it doesn’t end with the USA (Apologies to the citizens of this country if they think this offends them). The example of Cyrus the Great has just been cited that it would not be considered that religious freedom could only have arisen in a country that emerged from 1776 CE. For it could then be argued that not a single true worshiper of God inside one organized religion could have appeared anywhere else in the world but only in an American-type democracy. :) 

8 hours ago, Dmitar said:

There are many position the Watchtower has taken in order to have their merits heard in courts of law. 

The historical moment when this happened shows that WTJWorg lawyers were dealing with that kind of issue at the time. Today, WTJWorg lawyers have to deal with CSA scandals (tragedies) that happen in the organization. Unfortunately, JW lawyers and JW representatives who come to court are increasingly bringing up untruths and deceptions to defend WTJWorg. Those former JW attorneys had different concerns. The role of WTJWorg's  Legal Department is changing in the USA and other Western countries. What are they defending in the courts? Religious freedom? Truth? Or Company?

Out of curiosity, Witness, or should I say, DoC of reddit, did you fully read into the reports or did you let the video speak for you? You knowing this already, as someone who has dealt with people in the realm of CSA, even aiding in some efforts, surely important information you could have address instead of an opinion piece from a video who does not encourage to look into the reported details.

That being said, as I alluded to in the past, one of your friends in the community was exposed by Truther's for defending a child groomer because she was "attractive" and once exposed, deleted himself. Let that sink in.

Child Sex Abuse and or Violence against children is very serious, and not giving all facts and information can cause more unwanted damage that can effect and negativity influence people, even jumping to conclusions; as stated in the past, Weaponized any form of abuse, is very bad.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.