The World News Media

It's called, "You have a right to know"

Witness

3 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

I say what I say because I had seen people get into some serious trouble with spoofing.

And I reason concern for anyone to be cautious because of key logging may be a possibility.

I don't think you'll get hit by the alphabet boys unless a victims of a spoof comes back here, and they won't go to you, they'll go to Admin.

You linked it, but at least give a warning for anyone to be careful of the links that take you off the main page.

You should say something to the effect, only focus on the main page and do not click on anything else, be it JW or EXJW, and knowing some JWs have logons, what would happened if you Trojan horsed them into getting not only their emails and passwords net-packed, but any personal information?

From experience, when we took down a hacker website, we has a reason to. The website was shown to be an opposition website however, it tracked more than that. My contact was able to do more to shut down the website due to him being in Russia at the time of where the domain was being broadcasted. The Software in question cannot be stopped, but the usage of what it was used for in that website, was halted. Spoofing did more than trace people, some had nefarious intent, i.e. stalking/following women to their home.

What you should do next time is carefully examine the website(s) before linking them. Like I said, in IT, some admins/net admins would see this as a land mine type situation.

Be Careful.

You can't see tracing and or key logs, you would not know if there was a problem or not. You can only find out if you have the tools and or if you really got hit with something.

That being said, next time, just examine, and forewarn people before they click, although you do not like JWs, at least notify them, should they have a logon, to not click anything else after it redirects them to JW.org.

Spoofing is highly dangerous and deceptive, and from experience, I have seen a lot of Hell for it.

Thank you for this info…I didn’t know this.

• Views 4.1k
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was he  ? I thought it was Matthew. 

The 520 are all the notifications I have in the last 30 days from the dozen or so people I follow, or people who respond to posts I made, or react to them, or mention me. But I am saying that out of e

It also takes about 2 minutes to figure out any new persona of his. What has he had—20 since I’ve been here? I’ll block them too. I’ve done my time with this fellow. No more.  Better to sporadica

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

I don't think you'll get hit by the alphabet boys unless a victims of a spoof comes back here, and they won't go to you, they'll go to Admin.

So really, in her reckless hate-campaign to malign Jehovah’s people and organization she is exposing @adminto potential liability. Should this crazy woman even be here?

1 hour ago, TrueTomHarley said:

So really, in her reckless hate-campaign to malign Jehovah’s people and organization she is exposing @adminto potential liability. Should this crazy woman even be here?

When it comes to things like this, spoofing in general, at times those who do not know these things are unaware. Granted she has not seen beyond the main page, just by discernment @Witness was actually unaware, especially when she didn't believe the broken links to be true, but now with this information now, she should be, for anyone, even her would not want to put their personal information at risk if there are threats due to the re-directs. So she will need to be careful next time. If she wanted to continue what she says about anything pertaining to the Watchtower, she should just stick with what she knows, for example, JWFacts.

But yes, hypothetically speaking, if the situation turns out serious for anyone who falls victim, and they want to take action, real action, they'll start pointing figures at people and websites involved. So it can cause a list of problems. I mentioned Nintendo for a reason. For there was a parallel situation which landed someone a couple years of prison time, for although a Japanese Gaming Company, they're relentless when it comes to stamping out what they deem as a problem.

But yes now people are aware, especially now due to cyber attacks taking place.

I also mentioned Google, for this is akin to it - https://mashable.com/article/fake-google-domain

Other than that, the remarks about God and Jesus on the spoof site is very sad, I am aware of parodies, but they are hiding behind that as an excuse.

10 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

You linked it, but at least give a warning for anyone to be careful of the links that take you off the main page.

You should say something to the effect, only focus on the main page and do not click on anything else, be it JW or EXJW, and knowing some JWs have logons, what would happened if you Trojan horsed them into getting not only their emails and passwords net-packed, but any personal information?

Okay, no one wants to experience what you are talking about.  I can either highlight what you say here, or I can delete the entire post.  What do you suggest?  

4 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Tom, as I have said before, this crazy women would just as soon pull you and your family out of the org.  This isn't hate against JWs, it is hate against lies, false doctrines. JWs have put their organization on a pedestal, yet it is full of the same corruptive elements as any other religious organization.  God has never dismissed corruption when His people have abused and ignored His decrees, as the organization has.  

The wrath of God is real, and is enacted against His people.  Will you be prepared to face it?  Rev 18:4-8

13 hours ago, Witness said:

I can see that this is upsetting the two of you!  If they call me in for distribution of copyright, they will have to haul in thousands of other people with me.  I don't own the website, I linked it, just as everyone else has. 

Learn the law. What you are doing is "distributing" copyright material. (LINK) You don't need to be part of the website, just promoting it will get you into that consequence. 

Just like everyone else will need to realize, we live in a different technological age where people need to be responsible for their own actions over the internet. This will get worse as time goes by. 

This Scandinavian format is no different from that British apostate that was sued by the Watchtower, and the content taken down. They think because they live in a different country, the Watchtower doesn't have reach. It does under international law, combined with American law, gives the Watchtower global reach.

You have been advised. 

2 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

When it comes to things like this, spoofing in general,

That site is framed as any other E.U. Scandinavian country. Does that mean, everyone that illicit that type of PHP is spoofing? Seems to me, it's a simple data storage.

@Space Merchant

Okay, I see what you are saying. You're correct, this fake website is specifically made for spoofing. It does have an area to log in and create an account. Once that link is generated, the hacker can reverse the IP address and can install malware here. Then this site, becomes an internet highway for illicit use. Might even be Russian, since all internet communication is being disrupted by high-tech, and they need a workaround access by dummy sites. Good Catch!!

Website spoofing

Website spoofing – also known as URL spoofing – is when scammers make a fraudulent website resemble a legitimate one. The spoofed website will have a familiar login page, stolen logos and similar branding, and even a spoofed URL that appears correct at first glance. Hackers build these websites to steal your login details and potentially drop malware onto your computer. Often, website spoofing takes place in conjunction with email spoofing – for example, scammers might send you an email containing a link to the fake website.

1 hour ago, Witness said:

Okay, no one wants to experience what you are talking about.  I can either highlight what you say here, or I can delete the entire post.  What do you suggest?  

Granted what spoofing is, you can leave it, so visitors or any onlooker would be forewarned, granted this was traced back to reddit, no one would acknowledge spoofing, which is only mentioned here on this thread. So you can post something just to provide caution for anyone, be it JW or EXJW, or other.

This isn't hate against JWs, it is hate against lies, false doctrines.

Witness, this is further beyond that. When you find the replication, there are remarks that not just target JWs, but God himself, even Jesus, in short, they are making fun of the Christ and his Father. Surely you, along with the rest of us are not happy when Atheists mock God and his Christ.

God has never dismissed corruption when His people have abused and ignored His decrees, as the organization has.  

Yet we cannot ignore an Ashiest just outright mocked God and his Christ, shielding this behind the Watchtower.

The wrath of God is real, and is enacted against His people.  Will you be prepared to face it?  Rev 18:4-8

Yes, God's wrath is real, but we have to remember there are those who are alienated from God who can cause problems and often times, they are the ones weaponized.

Galatians 6:7 - Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap.

56 minutes ago, Dmitar said:

That site is framed as any other E.U. Scandinavian country. Does that mean, everyone that illicit that type of PHP is spoofing? Seems to me, it's a simple data storage.

One of the domains I was able to trace to San Francisco, unless the other 3 are located elsewhere, so that might be the case. The main page is evidently on the main domain, but the other stuff is outside of the page.

11 minutes ago, Dmitar said:

Okay, I see what you are saying. You're correct, this fake website is specifically made for spoofing. It does have an area to log in and create an account. Once that link is generated, the hacker can reverse the IP address and can install malware here. Then this site, becomes an internet highway for illicit use. Might even be Russian, since all internet communication is being disrupted by high-tech, and they need a workaround access by dummy sites. Good Catch!!

Website spoofing

Website spoofing – also known as URL spoofing – is when scammers make a fraudulent website resemble a legitimate one. The spoofed website will have a familiar login page, stolen logos and similar branding, and even a spoofed URL that appears correct at first glance. Hackers build these websites to steal your login details and potentially drop malware onto your computer. Often, website spoofing takes place in conjunction with email spoofing – for example, scammers might send you an email containing a link to the fake website.

Yes, so it is safe to shut out the browser completely better to be safe then take a potential risk.

The source of where Witness may have gotten the link is possibly Reddit, the website in question is in connection with this person - 

image.png

Not only he has a strong disdain for JWs, but also God. Seeing his mannerism, he is most likely a younger person.

24 minutes ago, Space Merchant said:

Granted what spoofing is, you can leave it, so visitors or any onlooker would be forewarned, granted this was traced back to reddit, no one would acknowledge spoofing, which is only mentioned here on this thread. So you can post something just to provide caution for anyone, be it JW or EXJW, or other.

There is no way to add a note near the link, since the option to edit is gone.  For anyone to find out more, they would to read through the conversation.  That is, unless I totally remove the post.   After searching, I think even that option is up to Anna.   This may have been posted on reddit, but I first saw it on another forum, where exjws and jws congregate. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.