• Views 4.1k
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was he  ? I thought it was Matthew. 

The 520 are all the notifications I have in the last 30 days from the dozen or so people I follow, or people who respond to posts I made, or react to them, or mention me. But I am saying that out of e

It also takes about 2 minutes to figure out any new persona of his. What has he had—20 since I’ve been here? I’ll block them too. I’ve done my time with this fellow. No more.  Better to sporadica

Posted Images

The website is simply a collection of things from other domains and archived domains, etc. So any documentation, templates, and or the like that was gathered over the years, was simply moved here. Example would be the heavily refuted Henrietta Riley Trust documentation.

Half of the site is dead (Filler/Broken Links), which means the Age of the Domain is in it's infancy stage, it is 10 months old, a day shy of 25 days birth place San Francisco. Only the main page has items, most of which is simply stuff rehashed and gathered to put here (half of the things mentioned on this forum can be searched out here), meaning, one or a few domains have been labeled deceased, terminated, so to speak, which is a common thing.

There are links that goes straight to JW.org, which can be a potential land mine situation which can take effect for anyone who visits outside of specific spots of the website, so an example would be should a JW with a logon click on a link, goes to JW.org and login, they can potentially get hacked. A bit risky with the infancy Domain Age. So you could (if you want to) advise the people to close out their browser completely afterwards just to be safe. Just because it's a 443 and not an 80, does not mean there are risks.

Speaking about spoofing, it is made to look like a replica of the site used by JWs, which is a red flag. As to why a replica is used, possibly to draw attention; from the Watchtower itself outside of confusing people, to to get any EXJW who left the pack to return, etc.

Granted most of the stuff is archived, old stuff, it would have made sense to simply just make a stand-a-lone domain. Kind of a clue there hence broken links.

Website spoofing -  is the creation of a replica of a trusted site with the intention of misleading visitors to a phishing site. Legitimate logos, fonts, colors and functionality are used to make the spoofed site look realistic.

That being said be careful of what you click on. Also whomever started the site must be really obsessed with the Cult ideology and pinning it on an organized Restorationist. This also reminds me of the website from Russia used to ID/track people almost which my contact aided in shutting down.

In short - This is simply another domain with things transferred over, hence Domain Age.

16 minutes ago, Space Merchant said:

Half of the site is dead

Whether that is true or not remains to be "seen".  Amazing that within 15 minutes you found out that "half" of the site is dead.  You're quick!

19 minutes ago, Space Merchant said:

Only the main page has items

Grant it, I haven't opened everything, but I have yet to come across links on the other pages, that don't work.

Are you trying to dissuade JWs from checking it out themselves?  

If so, why?

20 minutes ago, Space Merchant said:

Website spoofing -  is the creation of a replica of a trusted site with the intention of misleading visitors to a phishing site. Legitimate logos, fonts, colors and functionality are used to make the spoofed site look realistic.

No kidding.  🙂

1 hour ago, Witness said:

Whether that is true or not remains to be "seen".  Amazing that within 15 minutes you found out that "half" of the site is dead.  You're quick!

Because I dwell in IT (I branch out in a few things in that domain), there are things, tools we use to scan websites, and that is in connection with the device I use which is passive, there are 3rd parties too.

Broken links appear as such below if you click on things outside of the main page itself:

image.png

It loops you in with every click. They're not only broken, but they're fillers; possibly just for show.

You can have fun with this one - https://accessjw.org/en/index_20211223.html

It does not take 15 minutes. Scan only took less than 2 minutes. That is how I got the Age of the Domain also, and IP. Scans normally take anywhere from a few seconds to 5 or so minutes. The website only had 4 domains also. 15 or more minutes is like trying to go through, for example JP Morgan, however, that is a well secured 443 and rarely are links broken they get terminated.

The site even suggested it is an affiliated Trademark, granted most replicated assets do not belong to them. even if it is a joke to say TM, it is serious when it comes to copyright.

image.png

Hence Laws

https://www.ny-trademark-lawyer.com/trademarks-that-falsely-suggest-a-connection-with-other-persons.html

https://500law.com/trademark-registration-fraud/

This in combination with TM remarks, potentially spoof/hacking, direct linking to JW.org via some links via redirection, is an extremely high possibility of a bad situation waiting to happen should an entity look at this. Nintendo levels of law is something no one wants if caught.

Grant it, I haven't opened everything, but I have yet to come across links on the other pages, that don't work.

That is because you are on the Main Page of the domain. When you click outside of it, it brings you to the image as shown above, even blanks.

Main Pages are not so much effected with Domains in it's infancy stage.

No. However, a lot of this stuff was collected over the years, some of which JWs and EXJWs know about, as is the debates and discussions around them, that is why I brought up the Trust, the same documentation was brought up when the EXJW refuted Mr. Zelda's claims, which is ironic that I mention this now because I just told Dmitar about it not too long ago in a response.

If so, why?

Because no one wants to be unknowingly traced and or key logged, or worse, if they click out of the domain, especially the login which is sketchy, can easily get someone's email/username along with password, to net-packed back to the domain outside of JW.org, a data-breach.

The Gateway to JW.org may be compromised, hence the example given.

One is better off with the other known domain used by your community, you already have JWfacts, do you not? Even for them, they would NOT make such a move that puts them in the crosshairs of entities of whom one cannot truly comprehend their movements; uncommon, for these types are in line with The Alphabet Boys.

No kidding.  🙂

Spoofing is nothing to be joked about. If you do not warn people to be careful, you can inadvertently put JWs and EXJWs at risk if they don't know this stuff. And this can ensue ramifications of possibly entities that have nothing to do with the Watchtower, especially, if someone accidently got victimized by a spoof the other way around is to pin blame on the Watchtower for hacking people without them even know what happened prompting the Watchtower to figure out who did what, in this case, you'll have victims, the Watchtower, and Entities you do not want coming for you, to zero in on the cause.

That being said, whatever domains remain of the information on the main page, it would be best for anyone, even EXJWs to stick with that solely instead of the latter.

But really, a 443 with filler/broken links is not a good look. If you do not know what that is, 443 is an Internet Protocol (Port), in English, its HTTPS:\\ associated with the Secure Socket Layer.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/spoofing.asp

Knowing this stuff is of my expertise. Stuff like this, the people should know.

Technology is a blessing and a curse.

The World Wide Web (Internet) is a blessing and a curse

It all comes down to how it is used, for some people have bad intent to use such things against someone.

Since you posted @Witness, you are responsible for distribution of copyright. The day the Watchtower gets this illegal site promoting itself as JW.org the lawsuits will include you. I hope you understand!

I can see that this is upsetting the two of you!  If they call me in for distribution of copyright, they will have to haul in thousands of other people with me.  I don't own the website, I linked it, just as everyone else has.    I'm not having any of the problems that you are talking about SM, but I'll let you know.

2 hours ago, Witness said:

I can see that this is upsetting the two of you!  If they call me in for distribution of copyright, they will have to haul in thousands of other people with me.

I say what I say because I had seen people get into some serious trouble with spoofing.

And I reason concern for anyone to be cautious because of key logging may be a possibility.

I don't think you'll get hit by the alphabet boys unless a victims of a spoof comes back here, and they won't go to you, they'll go to Admin.

I don't own the website, I linked it, just as everyone else has. 

You linked it, but at least give a warning for anyone to be careful of the links that take you off the main page.

You should say something to the effect, only focus on the main page and do not click on anything else, be it JW or EXJW, and knowing some JWs have logons, what would happened if you Trojan horsed them into getting not only their emails and passwords net-packed, but any personal information?

From experience, when we took down a hacker website, we has a reason to. The website was shown to be an opposition website however, it tracked more than that. My contact was able to do more to shut down the website due to him being in Russia at the time of where the domain was being broadcasted. The Software in question cannot be stopped, but the usage of what it was used for in that website, was halted. Spoofing did more than trace people, some had nefarious intent, i.e. stalking/following women to their home.

What you should do next time is carefully examine the website(s) before linking them. Like I said, in IT, some admins/net admins would see this as a land mine type situation.

Be Careful.

I'm not having any of the problems that you are talking about SM, but I'll let you know.

You can't see tracing and or key logs, you would not know if there was a problem or not. You can only find out if you have the tools and or if you really got hit with something.

That being said, next time, just examine, and forewarn people before they click, although you do not like JWs, at least notify them, should they have a logon, to not click anything else after it redirects them to JW.org.

Spoofing is highly dangerous and deceptive, and from experience, I have seen a lot of Hell for it.

2 hours ago, Pudgy said:

Do you know why Watchtower Lawyers and people that are close to them do not fear being eaten by sharks when they swim in the ocean?

……….. Professional Courtesy.

These Entities who are the Alphabet Boys types are beyond the Watchtower and these Lawyers itself. So instead of a Shark of whom you get their attention, it is a Leviathan from the deepest, darkness parts of the sea.

So far the only infamous spoofing website I can think of from the top of my head is the replicated Google.com.

A mis-click can direct you to a website that looks like the Google homepage, but it is not, some slight difference, but the average person cannot tell so when they try to log into Gmail and or the like, they are automatically a victim.

Granted @Witness link has redirects to JW.org, it would be best to not click any further and simply close out the browser completely, then open back up. Doesn't hurt to have Malware Scans or some security definition.

That being said, people are extremely cautious of these things, especially now with this skirmishs of cyber attacks.

But to be brief, the main page on the first domain of the website is a collection of documents already known from other websites and even some from archives. However some odd links are in their too, KBs are not normally clickable, but when you click on it, it gives you a random documents with a random language. Seems like a rushed job in some parts.

Other then that, whomever created this domain has seem to adopt the cult ideology heavily, judging by the tabs that take you off the main page and to JW.org; granted, the assumption once effectively dies if they go there.

@Witness This is what I was talking about concerning spoofing:

The first image (image A) is from your link, if clicked in combination it intertwines with JW.org. The second image (image B) is the legitimate JW.org, for the image concerning Ukraine was there the other day and suddenly the link you provided already for spoofed images of a recently shown image. The third image (image C) is from your link that if you manage to find the re-directs, it mirrors exactly the same as JW.org, and there is a possible risk for anyone who clicks on a link or try to login. The 4th image (image D) is what JW.org was just a few days ago in which Image A was updated to match it soon after it was changed to Image B.

Both JW.org and your link also has a workable logon page so you don't know which one is true or false if you don't pay attention.

The Red Flag here is that once you go to the spoofed website, most, if not all re-directs to JW.org, which is a problem because if the website was to have archived all information collected by JWs and EXJWs, why is there a need to have a replicated site that re-directs on purpose?

Image A

image.png

Image B

image.png

Image C

image.png

Image D

image.png

Here are other examples, Image A.1 is JW.org and Image B.1 is the spoofed website

Image A.1

image.png

Image B.1

image.png

Identical if one isn't paying attention because they'll simply be confused, very confused and possibly think the website is hacked and or other serious scenarios. Image B.1 automatically re-directs to JW.org, in addition to that, the IP of JW.org is also semi-mirrored here, so in a sense, it does slowly lean into the copyright waters as @Dmitar mention. At the time time, it is woeful deception.

Lastly, granted this website assumes JWs to be a Cult, thus whomever made the website adopted the Cult Ideology concerning Christians, some of the things used in the replicated spoof website, he/she mocked God (Jehovah/Yahweh) and mocked Jesus, not to mention shown a lowkey racist remark towards Chinese people. He/She continued to mock God directly concerning COVID-19, and made fun of God to assume as if he was part of a drug cartel/drug growing duo from a drama series, I doubt you or anyone elsewhere here assumes God, Jehovah/Yahweh to be part of a Drug Trade type of thing. Granted the history of this website, despite it's infancy, there has been some remark changes to further mock Jehovah's Witnesses, The Watchtower, as is to mock Christ, the son of God, and His Father, due to this, it can be deduced that this person isn't an EXJW, but an Anti-JW, who is not only disgruntled, but also has a level of hatred for God himself. Hence in Apostasy, the notion of one being alienated from God.

The person in archived versions of this replica also mocked the Bible and the Holocaust... Considers Jesus a Fairytale, as is all written about him.

More mockery in the last image 

image.png

With the stuff I have seen, having to close my browser and open it constantly... I can't even said "That being said" for this response instead "What on God's Green Earth" is more appropriate here.

But really, you should have known what you are linking, this is way examine, even research is key, you can't post things without knowing. In this case, it is more than simply spoofing, but rather influences of an Anti-JW, more so, someone who is in the camp of the Atheistism community similar to Jack on this forum but more severe, granted, the notions are met to hit beyond JWs themselves.

It gets even more worse

[Because we witness, or never shut up about Jehovah: Jehovah this, Jehovah that, Jehovah God, our God Jehovah, Jehovah, Jehovah, Jehovah; we are known as Jehovah’s Witnesses. This is a parody homepage but you can explore our real life cult website by clicking on any of the links you see here. Read our own cult Bible online. Learn more about how we break apart families by practising an extreme form of shunning]

What I see that is ironic, he says that it is a parody website, but you cannot claim parody by spoof replication with assets, in most cases, that do not belong to you. Legal action can be taken should someone choose. He/She even go as far as to admit to the re-direct links which are potentially not safe.

NOTE: Unlike trademark law, copyright law does not presume commercial use. Under copyright law, “not all parody is protected; instead, parody, 'like any other use, has to work its way through the relevant factors.

None of them pertain to replication and spoofs.

The latter also admitted to spoofing....

image.png

This won't end well once people start to realize all of this...

People will obviously be upset, you should be too. People who mock God directly, equating, in this regard, Jehovah your God, to Drug dealers in a Drug trade or jokingly calling him a Spaghetti Monster is indeed a problem. A serious one.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.