The World News Media

American Convicted of Missionary Work Returning Home: 'I'm Always Going to Leave a Piece of My Heart in Russia'

Guest Nicole

Guest Nicole

Fourteen years ago, Don Ossewaarde and his wife Ruth, moved to the Russian city of Oryol.

"My area is 250 miles south of Moscow and they're very, very communist," Ossewaarde told CBN News in his first American TV interview last November. "They (people of Oryol) have a very Soviet mentality in that area."

They were Baptist missionaries who believed God was calling them to move to Russia.

"I'm there to give them the Gospel of Jesus Christ, to tell them of the good news of salvation," Ossewaarde said.

But on Sunday morning, August 14, 2016, their missionary work came to a screeching halt.

"I had been expecting it for three weeks before that, and then when they (police) walked in; I thought, 'Ok, here goes.'"

Twenty-five days before that incident, on July 20, 2016, Russian President Vladimir Putin signed new amendments to a law that govern religious life.

group2.jpg

Continue reading

• Views 1.2k
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hate it when something comes to a screeching halt, don't you?

Of course, in the case of a loaded concrete mixer truck going 78 miles per hour, jumping a median strip, flipping through the air, and skidding along the asphalt in sprays of sparks and screeching tortured metal ripping the mixer apart, and stopping inches from your fear petrified body   .. it's a GOOD THING!

So, were the Witnesses Don Ossewaarde and his wife Ruth given a "ticket", incarcerated in a local jail or prison, or shot in the back of the head and dumped into a mass grave ... or just spoken to in a harsh voice and told not to be "naughty"?.

Details are important ... otherwise, forgetting about momentum will get you entombed in a heavy mass of semi-liquid concrete after the screech.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.