The World News Media

1290 and 1335 days

Israeli Bar Avaddhon

2 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

THE WICKED PLACE EVEN MAKES BABIES WORK!!!!

Bethel has a long history of child labor:

• (Genesis 35:16) 16 Then they pulled away from Bethʹel. . . .  Rachel began to give birth, and her labor was very difficult.

And wickedness too:

• (Amos 4:4) Come to Bethʹel and commit transgression,. . .

• Views 8.2k
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IT'S OUTRAGEOUS!!! THE WICKED PLACE EVEN MAKES BABIES WORK!!!!

Bethel has a long history of child labor: (Genesis 35:16) 16 Then they pulled away from Bethʹel. . . .  Rachel began to give birth, and her labor was very difficult. And wickedness too:

Nope, you are not going to derail US into an off topic discussion!! Not falling for that!

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Nana Fofana said:

You and Noble Berean(? i think) and JWI(?) mentioned blood transfusions for several posts.

Yes,  I realize that probably  should have  settled the matter, with several persons of real consequence having weighed in .

image.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Nana Fofana said:

[leo's sneering WITH me , not AT me, right?]

That's up to you, but I WAS being funny when I said we won't talk off topic, as evidently we all already did, and that was the Librarian reminding us of it. You know she hates it!

You know if it wasn't for @The Librarian (the old hen) breaking in about her hunger pangs, salivating over tacos, as though she were expecting - though believe me, if she was at her age, THAT would be a miracle to make the sun of Joshua's day hanging out for a month look like a cakewalk in comparison - we might be able to enjoy some order around here. 

There IS such a thing as starting another thread, you know. Did I not set the fine example doing so over Mike Duds? JWI and crew would have gone on and on and on about Milk Duds right there in the thread about the museum!!! With mummies and all overhearing! I wouldn't permit it!

A separate thread, if you please, Miss Librarian. I'm tired of having to enforce all the rules around here.

On 10/31/2017 at 5:02 PM, Nana Fofana said:

However, brothers, concerning the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ+and our being gathered together to him,+ we ask you not to be quickly shaken from your reason nor to be alarmed either by an inspired statement*+ or by a spoken message or by a letter appearing to be from us, to the effect that the day of Jehovah*+ is here.

I figure that, even if I didn't want to, I should do my part to bring this topic back to the 1290 and 1335 days. I requote the verses from 2 Thessalonians that Nana Fofana already quoted because so many of these recent speculations appear to me to fit the same idea that Paul warns us about. It's as if these speculations are intended to quickly shake us from our reason or "alarm" us into thinking that the "day of Jehovah" might be so imminent as to be immediately upon us. And there is often a sense that we must listen because this is just as important as hearing it from the apostles themselves: if we don't pay attention then we aren't paying attention to the Bible! This makes it fit the idea of "a letter as if from us [the apostles and inspired Bible writers]."

I say this, of course, while also admitting that prophetic speculation is interesting. Obviously, I do more than my share of such speculation myself. And I also believe that the day of Jehovah can come at any time now -- and will come as a surprise, as a thief in the night. I do not believe that we are still waiting for an additional specific fulfillment of the man of lawlessness, before the day of Jehovah can arrive. (2 Thess 2).

As I've said before, however, my take on this is rather boring. I expect exciting times ahead, but not because we can now see any specific events that would make us know anything about the times or seasons. It's one of the reasons I see a good portion of our current chronology as "broken." In Brother Splane's latest video about the generation, he points out the advancing age of some representatives of persons in "Group 2" to show how this system cannot last much longer. Pointing out that the system appears not to be able to go on much longer seems intuitive enough for a lot of reasons. But a claim that we "know" it due to Bible chronology, is a claim of knowledge that Jehovah says clearly he has not given to us, and we therefore need nothing to be written to us about it, because it's not for us to know; it comes as a thief! Instead, our current version times it to a time prior to the deaths of those in Group 2. In other words, we are now in exactly the same state we were when we were looking for a time prior to the deaths of those in Group 1, before a Group 2 was ever hypothesized.

• (Acts 1:7) . . .“It does not belong to you to know the times or seasons that the Father has placed in his own jurisdiction.
  • (1 Thessalonians 5:1, 2) . . .Now as for the times and the seasons, brothers, you need nothing to be written to you. 2 For you yourselves know very well that Jehovah’s day is coming exactly as a thief in the night.
  • (Daniel 2:19-21) . . .So Daniel praised the God of heaven. 20 Daniel declared: “Let the name of God be praised for all eternity, For wisdom and mightiness are his alone. 21 He changes times and seasons,. .
  • (Matthew 24:36) . . .“Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.

I'm not saying that anyone here is trying to foretell the day and the hour, only that I see a parallel in what Paul said above, and in the common implication about identifying specific events that will reveal an end-times timeline.

I do have a couple ideas for the meaning of the 1290 and 1335 days that provides a specific lesson for Christians at all times, but which already had a prior application that was specific to those time periods. It's not necessarily correct, and of course something could still come up in the future that would reveal how silly all this speculation (on my part, at least) has been.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.