The World News Media

Bible Verses on Timing and What They Mean

I. Three and a half years

A. "A time, times, and half a time" (Daniel 7:25)

B. "An appointed time, appointed times, and half a time" (Daniel 12:7)

C. "The appointed times" (Luke 21:24)

D. "A time and times and half a time" (Revelation 12:14)

E. "42 months" (Revelation 13:5)

II. Days

A. "2,300 evenings and mornings" (Daniel 8:14)

B. "1,260 days" (Revelation 12:6)

C. "1,290 days" (Daniel 12:11)

D. "1,335 days" (Daniel 12:12)

The Bible shows that the great tribulation will last 3 1/2 years.

Daniel 7:25 in context goes through the march of some world powers. The UN is the last beast. (The US/UK breathe life into the UN. The UN is an extension of the US/UK in this vision.) 

"He will speak words against the Most High, and he will continually harass the holy ones of the Supreme One. He will intend to change times and law, and they will be given into his hand for a time, times, and half a time." 

The UN will oppress Jehovah's people and it will be 3 1/2 years.

Daniel 12:7 in context while Russian president (King of North) cornered ("comes all the way to his end and there is no helper for him"), Michael stands up (Jesus finally receives kingdom in heaven) and great tribulation begins. 

""How long will it be to the end of these marvelous things?” Then I heard the man clothed in linen, who was up above the waters of the stream, as he raised his right hand and his left hand to the heavens and swore by the One who is alive forever: “It will be for an appointed time, appointed times, and half a time. As soon as the dashing to pieces of the power of the holy people comes to an end, all these things will come to their finish.”" 

Jehovah's organization will be "dashed to pieces" and there will be three and a half years.

Luke 21:24 context is the time of the end: 

"...because these are days for meting out justice in order that all the things written may be fulfilled...For there will be great distress on the land and wrath against this people.  And they will fall by the edge of the sword and be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled on by the nations until the appointed times of the nations are fulfilled." 

The appointed times that the UN (the nations) will trample on Jehovah's organization/people will be during the great tribulation. Jesus was talking about during the tribulation.

Revelation 12:14 shows what the Devil does after he is finally cast down by Michael: 

"Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing that he has a short period of time.” Now when the dragon saw that it had been hurled down to the earth, it persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male child.  But the two wings of the great eagle were given to the woman, so that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is to be fed for a time and times and half a time away from the face of the serpent." 

The "male child" represents the completed sealed anointed, who will rule in the kingdom with Christ. They are like a "child" in that they are still in weak human form, but they are heirs who have conquered since they are now sealed. The Devil harasses them for 3 1/2 years of the tribulation, but the angels help them while in that figurative "wilderness" time.

Revelation 13:5 is talking about the UN. 

"It was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and it was given authority to act for 42 months. And it opened its mouth in blasphemies against God to blaspheme his name and his dwelling place, even those residing in heaven. It was permitted to wage war with the holy ones and conquer them, and it was given authority over every tribe and people and tongue and nation." 

42 months is 3 1/2 years. 

Daniel 8:14 in context shows how the initial part of the persecution leads to a refining of God's organization. 

"And I heard a holy one speaking, and another holy one said to the one speaking: “How long will the vision of the constant feature and of the transgression causing desolation continue, to make both the holy place and the army things to trample on?”  So he said to me: “Until 2,300 evenings and mornings; and the holy place will certainly be restored to its right condition.”" 

2,300 evenings and mornings equals 1,150 evenings plus 1,150 mornings. That is the same as 1,150 days. (1 evening plus 1 morning equals 1 day.) By 1,150 days after the great tribulation starts, the organization will have been refined.

Revelation 12:6 context, after anointed are all sealed the kingdom is "born" but since anointed still on earth they are weak like child. Angels protect them (child figuratively "snatched away to God and to his throne") but kid still in wilderness with woman (still in this world, angels helping.) 

"And she gave birth to a son, a male, who is to shepherd all the nations with an iron rod. And her child was snatched away to God and to his throne.  And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God and where they would feed her for 1,260 days." 

A specific event happens at the 1,260th day from the beginning of the great tribulation.

Daniel 12:11 another event happens at the 1,290th day from the start of the great tribulation: 

"And from the time that the constant feature has been removed and the disgusting thing that causes desolation has been put in place, there will be 1,290 days."

Daniel 12:12 another event happens at the 1,335th day from the start of the great tribulation: 

"Happy is the one who keeps in expectation and who arrives at the 1,335 days!"

Conclusion: The great tribulation will be 3 1/2 years long. There will be several noteworthy events at specific times during that period.

"...there is a God in the heavens who is a Revealer of secrets...the Revealer of secrets has made known to you what is to happen."

Praise Jehovah.

• Views 455
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bible Verses on Timing and What They Mean   I. Three and a half years A. "A time, times, and half a time" (Daniel 7:25) B. "An appointed time, appointed times, and half a time" (Da

(Hey, @xero, are you willing to help a sister out?   I'm trying to be more organized in what is posted, hence the outline part, but I don't have the gift of making it short or good transitio

No time to be a @xero Hero today? No worries. I'll give it a try...   "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, before you today we exhibit overwhelming evidence that the great tribulation will be

Posted Images

(Hey, @xero, are you willing to help a sister out?

I'm trying to be more organized in what is posted, hence the outline part, but I don't have the gift of making it short or good transitions. I've been working on applying your advice. But if you just want to, I know you can write a really succinct summary of this first post on this thread like you did on the other one. You wrote it so perfectly last time. 

I would be much obliged. Pleeeeeease?🙏😬)

No time to be a @xero Hero today? No worries. I'll give it a try...

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, before you today we exhibit overwhelming evidence that the great tribulation will be 3 1/2 years long. Although the so-called "Faithful and Discreet Slave" says "we don't know how long the great tribulation will be", Jesus has revealed the length of the great tribulation to faithful lowly ones by means of the helper, the holy spirit, just as he foretold. The great tribulation will be 3 1/2 years long - it's as clear as day. The indisputable facts are, the current governing body is in the dark as to Jehovah's timetable. All the things written about the lawless one in the scriptures will come true. The governing body is the lawless one who have seated themselves as gods in the House of God. Jesus will remove them at the appointed time. Praise Jehovah."

Story time

Once upon a time, a father had to go on a work trip. He left the kids with a trusted acquaintance. While the father was away, the acquaintance corrupted himself and started to abuse the children. The acquaintance built a studio out back thinking the father would be so happy he wouldn't care about the abuse. What do you think the father did when he returned and found out what happened to the children? Will he care about the new studio?

(The "father" is like Jesus. The "kids" are like the congregation members. The "acquaintance" is like those currently taking the lead in the organization.)

Once upon a time, a father had twelve children. He went on a work trip. While he was away, the six oldest of the kids presumptuously and incorrectly bragged about how much their father loved them most because they went to fancy schools and only wore fancy clothes. Those kids picked on their younger siblings and drove them out of the home while the father was away. When the father was driving home after the trip, he saw his youngest six kids abandoned and abused and passed out and half starved along the side of the road. What will the father do when he returns home? Will he agree with the conclusions of the six older kids and leave the younger ones for dead?

(The "father" is like Jehovah. The "kids" are all humans. The six oldest are like those who think they're better than everyone else and look down on the others. The six youngest are like those who are treated harshly or disrespected and neglected by ones who are fancy in their own eyes.)

Once upon a time, a father hired a babysitter while he went away on a work trip. The babysitter told the children if they were naughty she wouldn't talk to them or help them. When the kids went to sleep at night, she had her boyfriend over, and the kids woke up to say "dad said not to do that!" She locked the kids in their room and ignored them. The father came home early unexpectedly, that very night. What will he do to the babysitter?

(The "father" is like Jehovah and Jesus. The "babysitter" is like some of those taking the lead in the organization. They have been very, very naughty.)

What time is it? It is time for the father to come home. The kids will be taken care of. The naughty ones will be removed. Jesus is going to fix everything. Jehovah knows who His real kids are, and who are fakers. Praise Jehovah.

(When Harold King was isolated, he talked a lot. Nobody talked back to him, but he still kept talking. I like Harold King.)

"Is it the time for you to dwell in your paneled houses, while this house lies in ruins?"

The studios and Bethels and Kingdom Halls and museums are lovely. But they are not the "houses" that Jehovah asked the shepherds to build. "Shepherd my little sheep" was the assignment. "Build up the congregation" was the assignment.

The sheep have been neglected and many have been abused and flung on every high mountain, left out to be taken advantage of by others, falling prey to falsehoods of scavengers in all these little "apostate" groups all over the place. If the sheep were not "shunned" then they wouldn't be falling prey to these other groups. It's just like Jesus said about divorce, "I say to you that everyone divorcing his wife, except on account of sexual immorality, makes her a subject for adultery." A woman in that day might not have any other choice but to remarry in order to survive, and yet since the first divorce was unscriptural, her new marriage would make her a fornicator. Disfellowshipping is like divorce. Since people are designed to associate with others (sheep are social creatures) they have a natural need for association. By shunning/disfellowshipping, bad shepherds push the little sheep from the fold, away where on the outside they gravitate to other unhealthy groups and end up getting poisoned with bad association or taken advantage of by wolves in sheeps clothing on the outside.

There are wolves in the congregation and wolves outside the congregation. Jesus is coming to gather all the little sheep back to the fold and to put the wolves out of business.

"For the vision is yet for its appointed time, 

And it is rushing toward its end, and it will not lie.  

Even if it should delay, keep in expectation of it! 

For it will without fail come true. 

It will not be late! 

Look at the one who is proud; 

He is not upright within himself.  

But the righteous one will live by his faithfulness."

"For it is the appointed time for the judgment to start with the house of God."

Jehovah will make an accounting against the abusive and neglectful governing body and any elders who imitate the abuse and neglect of the governing body. Jehovah said so, and Jehovah's words always come true.

"The word of Jehovah again came to me, saying:  

“Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel. Prophesy, and say to the shepherds, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah says: 

“Woe to the shepherds of Israel, who have been feeding themselves! Is it not the flock that the shepherds should feed?  You eat the fat, you clothe yourselves with the wool, and you slaughter the fattest animal, but you do not feed the flock.  You have not strengthened the weak or healed the sick or bandaged the injured or brought back the strays or looked for the lost; rather, you have ruled them with harshness and tyranny.  So they were scattered because there was no shepherd; they were scattered and became food for every wild beast of the field.  My sheep were straying on all the mountains and on every high hill; my sheep were scattered over all the surface of the earth, with no one searching for them or seeking to find them.

“‘“Therefore, you shepherds, hear the word of Jehovah:  

‘“As surely as I am alive,” declares the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, “because my sheep have become prey, food for every wild beast of the field, for there was no shepherd, and my shepherds did not search for my sheep; rather, they kept feeding themselves and did not feed my sheep,”’ therefore, you shepherds, hear the word of Jehovah.  This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah says: 

‘I am against the shepherds, and I will demand an accounting of them for my sheep, and I will dismiss them from feeding my sheep, and the shepherds will no longer feed themselves. I will rescue my sheep from their mouth, and they will no longer be food for them.’”

“‘For this is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah says: 

“Here I am, and I myself will search for my sheep, and I will care for them.  I will care for my sheep like a shepherd who has found his scattered sheep and is feeding them. I will rescue them from all the places where they were scattered in the day of clouds and thick gloom.  I will bring them out from the peoples and collect them together from the lands and bring them into their land and feed them on the mountains of Israel, by the streams and by all the dwelling places of the land.  In a good pasture I will feed them, and the land where they graze will be on Israel’s high mountains. They will lie down there in a good grazing land, and they will feed on choice pastures on the mountains of Israel.” 

“‘“I myself will feed my sheep, and I myself will make them lie down,” declares the Sovereign Lord Jehovah.  

“The lost one I will search for, the stray I will bring back, the injured I will bandage, and the weak I will strengthen; but the fat one and the strong one I will annihilate. I will feed that one with judgment.” 

“‘As for you, my sheep, this is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah says: 

“I am about to judge between one sheep and another sheep, between the rams and the male goats.  Is it not enough for you to feed on the very best pastures? Must you also trample the rest of your pastures with your feet? And after drinking the clearest water, must you foul the water by stamping with your feet?  Should my sheep now feed on the pasture trampled by your feet and drink the water befouled by the stamping of your feet?” 

“‘Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah says to them: 

“Here I am, and I myself will judge between a fat sheep and a lean sheep,  for with your flank and shoulder you kept pushing, and with your horns you kept shoving all the sick ones until you had scattered them abroad. And I will save my sheep, and they will no longer become something to prey upon; and I will judge between a sheep and a sheep.  I will raise up one shepherd over them, my servant David, and he will feed them. He himself will feed them and become their shepherd.  And I, Jehovah, will become their God, and my servant David a chieftain among them. I myself, Jehovah, have spoken. 

“‘“And I will make a covenant of peace with them, and I will rid the land of vicious wild beasts, so that they may dwell securely in the wilderness and sleep in the forests.  I will make them and the area around my hill a blessing, and I will cause the rain to fall at the proper time. Blessings will pour down like the rains.  The trees of the field will yield their fruit, and the soil will give its produce, and they will dwell securely on the land. And they will have to know that I am Jehovah when I break their yoke bars and rescue them from those who enslaved them.  They will no longer become something for the nations to prey upon, and the wild beasts of the earth will not devour them, and they will dwell in security, with no one to make them afraid. 

“‘“I will establish for them a plantation of fame, and they will no longer die from famine in the land, and they will no longer be humiliated by the nations.  ‘Then they will have to know that I, Jehovah their God, am with them and that they, the house of Israel, are my people,’ declares the Sovereign Lord Jehovah.”’ 

“‘As for you, my sheep, the sheep that I care for, you are but men, and I am your God,’ declares the Sovereign Lord Jehovah.”

The time is near. Praise Jehovah.

(Interesting thing about Harold King - he was actually more free than his captors, those who isolated him. Kind of funny how that works.)

• 2 months later...

Regarding the use of the word "times" in the scriptures...

"Times" does not mean "some period called 'The Gentile Times' starting from 607 BCE". Daniel chapter 4 in context says nothing about such an interpretation.

It is the context that shows what the word "times" means.

Here is an example of how context affects understanding of the word "times" from Daniel chapter 11...

IMG_7149.pngIMG_7150.pngIMG_7151.pngIMG_7152.png

https://biblehub.com/library/yonge/the_chosen_people/lesson_xviii_the_maccabees.htm

The context shows the "times" referred to in Daniel 11:13,14 referred to events prior to the revolt during the time of the Maccabees, which is referred to in the latter part of verse 14.

When Jesus talked about "the appointed times of the nations" in context it shows he meant the time of the great tribulation, the three and a half years that the UN will rule and destroy religious institutions. It will be the greatest calamity ever to face mankind. "The appointed times of the nations" are soon to begin. 

Here is scriptural info on that 3 1/2 year timeline again, for those who like timelines 😁 @MankeptforRacialsecretratters

On 3/18/2023 at 10:35 PM, AudreyAnnaNana said:

Bible Verses on Timing and What They Mean

I. Three and a half years

A. "A time, times, and half a time" (Daniel 7:25)

B. "An appointed time, appointed times, and half a time" (Daniel 12:7)

C. "The appointed times" (Luke 21:24)

D. "A time and times and half a time" (Revelation 12:14)

E. "42 months" (Revelation 13:5)

II. Days

A. "2,300 evenings and mornings" (Daniel 8:14)

B. "1,260 days" (Revelation 12:6)

C. "1,290 days" (Daniel 12:11)

D. "1,335 days" (Daniel 12:12)

The Bible shows that the great tribulation will last 3 1/2 years.

Daniel 7:25 in context goes through the march of some world powers. The UN is the last beast. (The US/UK breathe life into the UN. The UN is an extension of the US/UK in this vision.) 

"He will speak words against the Most High, and he will continually harass the holy ones of the Supreme One. He will intend to change times and law, and they will be given into his hand for a time, times, and half a time." 

The UN will oppress Jehovah's people and it will be 3 1/2 years.

Daniel 12:7 in context while Russian president (King of North) cornered ("comes all the way to his end and there is no helper for him"), Michael stands up (Jesus finally receives kingdom in heaven) and great tribulation begins. 

""How long will it be to the end of these marvelous things?” Then I heard the man clothed in linen, who was up above the waters of the stream, as he raised his right hand and his left hand to the heavens and swore by the One who is alive forever: “It will be for an appointed time, appointed times, and half a time. As soon as the dashing to pieces of the power of the holy people comes to an end, all these things will come to their finish.”" 

Jehovah's organization will be "dashed to pieces" and there will be three and a half years.

Luke 21:24 context is the time of the end: 

"...because these are days for meting out justice in order that all the things written may be fulfilled...For there will be great distress on the land and wrath against this people.  And they will fall by the edge of the sword and be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled on by the nations until the appointed times of the nations are fulfilled." 

The appointed times that the UN (the nations) will trample on Jehovah's organization/people will be during the great tribulation. Jesus was talking about during the tribulation.

Revelation 12:14 shows what the Devil does after he is finally cast down by Michael: 

"Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing that he has a short period of time.” Now when the dragon saw that it had been hurled down to the earth, it persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male child.  But the two wings of the great eagle were given to the woman, so that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is to be fed for a time and times and half a time away from the face of the serpent." 

The "male child" represents the completed sealed anointed, who will rule in the kingdom with Christ. They are like a "child" in that they are still in weak human form, but they are heirs who have conquered since they are now sealed. The Devil harasses them for 3 1/2 years of the tribulation, but the angels help them while in that figurative "wilderness" time.

Revelation 13:5 is talking about the UN. 

"It was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and it was given authority to act for 42 months. And it opened its mouth in blasphemies against God to blaspheme his name and his dwelling place, even those residing in heaven. It was permitted to wage war with the holy ones and conquer them, and it was given authority over every tribe and people and tongue and nation." 

42 months is 3 1/2 years. 

Daniel 8:14 in context shows how the initial part of the persecution leads to a refining of God's organization. 

"And I heard a holy one speaking, and another holy one said to the one speaking: “How long will the vision of the constant feature and of the transgression causing desolation continue, to make both the holy place and the army things to trample on?”  So he said to me: “Until 2,300 evenings and mornings; and the holy place will certainly be restored to its right condition.”" 

2,300 evenings and mornings equals 1,150 evenings plus 1,150 mornings. That is the same as 1,150 days. (1 evening plus 1 morning equals 1 day.) By 1,150 days after the great tribulation starts, the organization will have been refined.

Revelation 12:6 context, after anointed are all sealed the kingdom is "born" but since anointed still on earth they are weak like child. Angels protect them (child figuratively "snatched away to God and to his throne") but kid still in wilderness with woman (still in this world, angels helping.) 

"And she gave birth to a son, a male, who is to shepherd all the nations with an iron rod. And her child was snatched away to God and to his throne.  And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God and where they would feed her for 1,260 days." 

A specific event happens at the 1,260th day from the beginning of the great tribulation.

Daniel 12:11 another event happens at the 1,290th day from the start of the great tribulation: 

"And from the time that the constant feature has been removed and the disgusting thing that causes desolation has been put in place, there will be 1,290 days."

Daniel 12:12 another event happens at the 1,335th day from the start of the great tribulation: 

"Happy is the one who keeps in expectation and who arrives at the 1,335 days!"

Conclusion: The great tribulation will be 3 1/2 years long. There will be several noteworthy events at specific times during that period.

"...there is a God in the heavens who is a Revealer of secrets...the Revealer of secrets has made known to you what is to happen."

Praise Jehovah.

"Repent! The Kingdom of the heavens is drawing near."

Jesus made clear the organization bearing God's Name will be attacked at the beginning of the great tribulation just ahead. Take refuge in Jehovah.

"I will allow a humble and lowly people to remain in your midst, 

And they will take refuge in the name of Jehovah."

(Zephaniah 3:12)

@Matthew9969 that's the first time I've heard that song - I really like it!☺️

Some of the lyrics said:

"If I could go back in time what would I change of mine?...It takes time to figure out..."

(I wish I could go back in time and show more love💖, but since we can't go back I'm glad we have the present and the future... )

"...time to love..."

(Ecclesiastes 3:8)

The time will soon come when religious institutions will be gone like dust in the wind, but individuals who love God will survive.

When it's time for all the religious institutions to get their big wreck, the individuals who love God will still be here. As Jesus clears away the false doctrines and divisions, we will all see more clearly the love for God that unites us. More love for each other is what we'll wish we had sooner (I know that's what I would change if I could go back in time) - we can't go back but we can cultivate more love for the days ahead.

"For no one can lay any other foundation than what is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if anyone builds on the foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, or straw, each one’s work will be shown for what it is, for the day will show it up, because it will be revealed by means of fire, and the fire itself will prove what sort of work each one has built."

(1 Corinthians 3:11-13)

"Love builds up."

(1 Corinthians 8:1)

( @Matthew9969 This is just a side question, I have always wondered about your profile icon picture...did you design it? What does it mean? Would you be willing to explain it sometime? It looks emotionally painful and intriguing and begging to be explained - if you want to, my brother, and if it's appropriate some time, please would you be willing to say more about why you selected it?)

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.