The World News Media

2034 and its significance...

BroRando

On 12/24/2022 at 4:19 PM, BroRando said:

Only 120 years more and Jehovah would bring “the deluge of waters upon the earth to bring to ruin all flesh. What about us? Some 90 years have passed since the last days of this system of things began in 1914. We are certainly in “the time of the end.”

Col 2:8 - Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ.  NLT

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.  KJV

"rudiments" - stoicheion - 

any first thing, from which the others belonging to some series or composite whole take their rise, an element, first principal

the elements, rudiments, primary and fundamental principles of any art, science, or discipline -  i.e. of mathematics, Euclid's geometry

1+1=2

1914+120=2034

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lexicon/g4747/nkjv/tr/0-1/

Have you ever considered how many people you and the Watchtower are deceiving by your lie?  

See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception [pseudo-intellectual babble], according to the tradition [and musings] of mere men, following the elementary principles of this world, rather than following [the truth—the teachings of] Christ.  AMP

Obviously, you have not received your information from Christ.  

• Views 2.7k
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@pudgy : If the world is the same and has not changed - you have your pink glasses on or 

My recollection, of our multiple congregation studies of Revelation over the decades, is that the ‘ten kings’ were representative of ALL the governments of the earth, who bind together in one hour (i.

Yes - you have it correct - even recently in this year the watchtower said as you quoted but I felt a little discomfort (not critical) when I read it because the scripture in revelation 17 says this:

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Arauna said:

I guess one can leave out the Spirit of God as the main source of understanding because man himself has now become God. 

Then the poster should be critical of @Pudgy's post instead of mine. You might want to also advise @TrueTomHarley and @Anna of the poster's approval of @Pudgy's false understanding, as a man.

However, toward the poster's comment, consider understanding Genesis 3:5, 3:-22, and John 10:34-35. The poster's supporters would benefit the spiritual and intellectual understanding without being misunderstood because of one's comments.

7 hours ago, Witness said:

Have you ever considered how many people you and the Watchtower are deceiving by your lie?  

The same consideration can be said about the poster. However, What part of 1260, 3 1/2 times, 42 months, etc. listed in scripture mean to the poster? Is the poster suggesting those observations are lies, therefore are deceptive?

One can consider how the poster's view of scripture is a direct challenge to the word of God. 

6 minutes ago, Moise Racette said:

You might want to also advise @TrueTomHarley and @Anna of the poster's approval of @Pudgy's false understanding, as a man.

“Day after day, alone on his dunghill, the dog with a thousand fleas is keeping perfectly still.”

Moise will think it a reference to himself, but it is actually a good-natured one to the cowboy hat-wearing, Dilbert-reading mutt.

4 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Moise will think it a reference to himself, but it is actually a good-natured one to the cowboy hat-wearing, Dilbert-reading mutt.

Intellectually speaking, It would seem to some. Therefore, how comments are framed and agreed upon by their emojis, consideration is drawn. Post after post to distract doesn't change the comment, nor it's intent.

5 minutes ago, Moise Racette said:

Spiritual deprived, nonintellectual people are usually considered robots. They prove it here every day!

If I was stupid, deprived, and nonintellectual, do you think software would have just awarded me the Grand Master award? “Grand Master!” Eat your heart out, Wannabe Wabbit.

3 hours ago, Moise Racette said:

The same consideration can be said about the poster. However, What part of 1260, 3 1/2 times, 42 months, etc. listed in scripture mean to the poster?

Firstly, you are expressing doubt over the power of Col. 2:8 which tells us what we should be on guard about - "philosophy and empty deceit".

Revelation is a symbolic book, why are you trying to make it otherwise?  Even the Wt, when it suits its fake fulfillment; in this case, for the "two witnesses", falls back on symbolism.

Coming down to our own day, by the early summer of 1918 the political “wild beast,” mentioned at Revelation 11:7, dealt a deathblow to the anointed remnant, symbolized by “two witnesses,” bringing an end to their organized witnessing, and the leading members of the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses were railroaded off to the penitentiary for a 20-year imprisonment. In the eyes of their enemies they appeared as unburied corpses. Then what? The unexpected thing happened! After a short SYMBOLIC “three and a half days,in the spring of 1919, “spirit of life from God [the same spirit of life that raised Christ from the dead] entered into them [the two witnesses], and they stood upon their feet . . . w 78/6/1  pg 23-24

"And we have received God’s Spirit (not the world’s spirit), so we can know the wonderful things God has freely given us.  When we tell you these things, we do not use words that come from human wisdom. Instead, we speak words given to us by the Spirit, using the Spirit’s words to explain spiritual truths. But people who aren’t spiritual can’t receive these truths from God’s Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can’t understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means."  1 Cor 2:12-14

3 hours ago, Moise Racette said:

One can consider how the poster's view of scripture is a direct challenge to the word of God. 

If we consider Wt's interpretation of the locust scorpions in Revelation 9, we see in verse 10 that - They had tails that stung like scorpions, and for five months they had the power to torment people. "

Wt interprets these locusts as the anointed going forth to present their "stinging" message.  Even using their false depiction of who the locust-scorpions are, JWs have been preaching much longer than 5 literal months. (Rev 9:4,5) The true identity of the locusts is the elder body, who "harm" the anointed who have not received their kingdom, who have not been sealed in the heavens for giving testimony to Christ. (Rev 11:1-3,7,11,12)   Although the locusts are told not to "kill" any of God's saints, (Rev 13:5-7) they do; those who stand up to the Beast and refuse to worship it (Rev 13:4) through disfellowshipping, under the direction coming from the false prophet Beast of Rev 13:11. Rev 13:11,12,15-18

Because the spirit-directed organization, inspired by the false prophet/harlot, demands allegiance and an identifying mark as a JW of "Jehovah's organization" - the Beast of Rev 13:1,2.  Crossing that line, results in disfellowship.    

The symbolic life cycle of the "man of lawlessness"/locust-scorpions who stand where they don't belong - in the spiritual Temple of God - is soon to end. (Mark 13:14; 2 Thess 2:3,4; 7-12; Rev 19:20)

Rev 18:4-8

13 minutes ago, Witness said:

Firstly, you are expressing doubt over the power of Col. 2:8 which tells us what we should be on guard about - "philosophy and empty deceit".

In accordance with that text, what "philosophy and deceit" presents itself to the poster, when those numbers and expressions are stated in scripture?

Doesn't that mean, the poster is discrediting the word of God? What benefit does a viewer have with such condemnation.

Yet, it didn't answer, what 1260, 3 1/2 times, 42 months mean to the poster.

18 minutes ago, Witness said:

Revelation is a symbolic book, why are you trying to make it otherwise?  Even the Wt, when it suits its fake fulfillment; in this case, for the "two witnesses", falls back on symbolism.

The book of apocalypse is a direct advisory from God to Humanity. There are several observations contained in that book, of which, its fulfillment will be true. What part of God's word by Johns vision does the poster lack faith on?