The World News Media

Bible Prophecy and 2034. Will you gain spiritual discernment to become a Survivor of the Last Days?

BroRando

3 hours ago, Arauna said:

In this instance he was speaking figuratively of his BODY - not the congregation or the millennial reign. 

Tear down this temple, and in three days { I } will raise it up.

Jesus did not raise himself, he was dead and conscious of nothing. He seized to exsist until his Father and God resurrected him from the DEAD.  Notice the wording in the first pronoun?

For if you publicly declare with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and exercise faith in your heart that God raised him up from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)

Acts 13:30

But God raised him up from the dead,

Acts 3:15

whereas you killed the Chief Agent of life. But God raised him up from the dead, of which fact we are witnesses.

For you were buried with him in his baptism, and by your relationship with him you were also raised up together through your faith in the powerful work of God, who raised him up from the dead.

Paul, an apostle, neither from men nor through a man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him up from the dead,

1 Peter 1:21

Through him you are believers in God, the one who raised him up from the dead and gave him glory, so that your faith and hope might be in God.

Acts 10:40

God raised this one up on the third day and allowed him to become manifest,

• Views 10.7k
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please explain the difference between the first part of that scripture and the second part. After all there is an "AND" between the two parts so we should be able to understand both the first portion

I appreciate that you finally fixed part of your mistake. In the past few years you kept insisting that this quote about 1914 +120 years came from Russell himself. Later, you reworded slightly to

No. Because the night on the third day would not have been completed before dawn of that second day. If someone dies on Friday afternoon and they are buried that Friday night, then the night of t

Posted Images

2 hours ago, WalterPrescott said:

for those that actually wanted to understand 1914. To

For us as JW Christians, 1914 is the year in which Jesus was invisibly crowned in the heavens (Daniel 7:) and was set to rule among his enemies  Psalm 110:   Jehovah declared to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand Until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.”  Jehovah will extend the scepter of your power out of Zion, saying: “Go subduing in the midst of your enemies.”

Daniel 7: 13  “I kept watching in the visions of the night, and look! with the clouds of the heavens, someone like a son of man  was coming; and he gained access to the Ancient of Days, and they brought him up close before that One. 14  And to him there were given rulership, honor,  and a kingdom, that the peoples, nations, and language groups should all serve him. His rulership is an everlasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom will not be destroyed."

The Jews claimed to be fleshly children of Abraham. John 8:39. 39  "In answer they said to him: “Our father is Abraham.” Jesus said to them: “If you were Abraham’s children, you would be doing the works of Abraham."

Many people believe that Israel is still the nation of God.  

Matt. 21:42, 43: “Jesus said to them [the chief priests and the older men of the Jews in Jerusalem]: ‘Did you never read in the Scriptures, “The stone that the builders rejected is the one that has become the chief cornerstone. From Jehovah this has come to be, and it is marvelous in our eyes”? This is why I say to you, The kingdom of God will be taken from you and be given to a nation producing its fruits.’”

Consider: Following the Babylonian exile, when Israel was restored to its land, the people were to restore true worship in their God-given land. One of the first projects undertaken was the rebuilding of Jehovah’s temple in Jerusalem. However, since the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans in 70 C.E., the temple has never been rebuilt. Instead, in the former temple area stands an Islamic shrine. If the Jews, who say they are under the Mosaic Law, were today in Jerusalem as God’s chosen people, would not the temple devoted to his worship have been rebuilt?

Gal. 3:27-29: “All of you who were baptized into Christ  have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor freeman, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one person in union with Christ Jesus. Moreover, if you belong to Christ, you are really Abraham’s seed, heirs with reference to a promise.” (So, from God’s standpoint, it is no longer natural descent from Abraham that determines who are Abraham’s seed.)

Why am I giving all these details?  It seems you view the history of Israel as the fulfillment of 1914 prophecies (please correct me if I am wrong).  So only pertaining to those born into the nation of Israel.  The above scriptures should indicate that JWs see it in a different light.

19 minutes ago, BroRando said:

ear down this temple, and in three days { I } will raise it up.

Jesus did not raise himself, he was dead and conscious of nothing

This was the sign of Jonah they will get.  In the scripture below it indicates that the disciples remembered his words and remembered what Jesus used to say.

19  Jesus replied to them: “Tear down this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”l 20  The Jews then said: “This temple was built in 46 years, and will you raise it up in three days?” 21  But he was talking about the temple of his body. 22  When, though, he was raised up from the dead, his disciples recalled that he used to say this,n and they believed the scripture and what Jesus had spoken.

The point here - it is referring not to periods of literal time or the physical temple - but the body of Christ!  I quoted the scripture so you can read it with your own eyes!

I don’t presume to answer for Arauna or anyone else, Wally, but by whatever name you have assumed as camouflage over the years you have always been the exact same insulting, denigrating bully, always trying to exalt yourself by putting others down.

No one here is defending me for real or imagined sins, it’s just that they are not jumping onto the “Let’s Have A Witch Hunt Wally Bandwagon”.

You have excused your observable nastiness by saying (paraphrased) “What would visitors to this site think ? …” about my presence here.

They may observe directly that you are angry, belligerent, a liar and a slanderer (proven here by your own words), you call fine people here fools, stupid, and ignorant, and tell them to shut up when they don’t agree with you, and on and on and on. 

By direct observation you have shown you are incapable of having a civil conversation without trying to put someone down, for your own aggrandizement.

You are entitled to your viewpoints, whether they be valid, or loony tunes, but you are NOT entitled to be mean, nasty and insulting, as everyone here has continually and directly observed.

Please correct me if anything I have said is wrong, or unfair.

To be taken seriously, be SPECIFIC (or “SPRESIFIC”, if you prefer …).

7453E31D-DDD5-4391-86FE-B746B649FD74.png

3 minutes ago, Arauna said:

This was the sign of Jonah they will get.  In the scripture below it indicates that the disciples remembered his words and remembered what Jesus used to say.

19  Jesus replied to them: “Tear down this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”l 20  The Jews then said: “This temple was built in 46 years, and will you raise it up in three days?” 21  But he was talking about the temple of his body. 22  When, though, he was raised up from the dead, his disciples recalled that he used to say this,n and they believed the scripture and what Jesus had spoken.

The point here - it is referring not to periods of literal time or the physical temple - but the body of Christ!  I quoted the scripture so you can read it with your own eyes!

Jesus was raised by HIS FATHER.  Matter of fact, if one denies that God resurrected him from the dead there is no salvation.  "For if you publicly declare with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and exercise faith in your heart that God raised him up from the dead, you will be saved." (Romans 10:9)

His fleshly body was never resurrected, it was sacrificed once for all time. 

Colossians 1:24

I am now rejoicing in my sufferings for your sake, and I am undergoing the tribulations of the Christ that are yet lacking in my flesh in behalf of his body, which is the congregation.

Moreover, some women from among us also astonished us, for they went early to the tomb*o 23  and when they did not find his body, they came saying that they had also seen a supernatural sight of angels, who said he is alive.

Since Jesus became a life-giving spirit, he manifested in various fleshly bodies and many times without the wounds. Consider the account of Mary Magdalene, a faithful follower of Jesus Christ who went to the tomb for the purpose of dressing his wounds. Notice the account, "After saying this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not realize that it was Jesus.  Jesus said to her: “Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you looking for?” She, thinking it was the gardener, said to him: “Sir, if you have carried him off, tell me where you have laid him, and I will take him away.”  Jesus said to her: “Mary!” On turning around, she said to him in Hebrew:“Rab·boʹni!” (which means “Teacher!”) - John 20:14-16

13 minutes ago, Arauna said:

I totally agree - but I do not like you to use this scripture to prove A SPRESIFIC TIMELINE - SO YOU ARE ACTUALLY CHANGING THE SUBJECT!

The point is that Jesus was dead and unable to raise the temple in a 72 hour period while he was DEAD. So his prophecy can't be about a 72 hour period.  A day is a thousand years. Get over it, it's coming!  

The temple of his body is the Congregation... which began on Pentecost 33 CE. Therefore, the prophecy is just now coming to it's conlcusion that will usher in the New System. 

15 minutes ago, BroRando said:

Colossians 1:24

I am now rejoicing in my sufferings for your sake, and I am undergoing the tribulations of the Christ that are yet lacking in my flesh in behalf of his body, which is the congregation.

1 minute ago, BroRando said:

hour period while he was DEAD. So his prophecy can't be about a 72 hour period. 

Neither is the beginning of the 1000 year reign on earth - a temple!  It is the forecourt of the temple!

7 minutes ago, Arauna said:

Neither is the beginning of the 1000 year reign on earth - a temple!  It is the forecourt of the temple!

The Day of Christ is 1,000 years.  It's call Christ's Millienial Reign.  The Congregation is God's Temple. The Congregation is Christ's Body.  

"But he was talking about the temple of his body." (John 2:21) Notice the scripture doesn't state his fleshly body for his fleshly body was to be sacrificed once and for all time, but rather 'the temple of his body.' “Just as the body is one but has many members, and all the members of that body, although many, are one body, so too is the Christ.” (1 Cor 12:12)

Allow scripture to interpret scripture. If Jesus is the Chief Cornerstone of God's temple, then there must be other stones. The other living stones are in fact the 144,000. (Rev 7:4) "Just as the Christ is head of the congregation, he being a savior of this body." (Ephesians 5:23b)

These living stones are Christ's Body.

• "Now you are Christ’s body, and each of you individually is a member." (1 Cor 12:27)
  • "Do you not know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that the spirit of God dwells in you? (1 Corinthians 3:16)

12 minutes ago, WalterPrescott said:

When you start listening to your own words about bullies, then and only then can there be civility. Meantime, your stupid cartoons are just that stupid. Just remember who started this crap long ago. JTR!! Now an unclean dog.

I think you are just ticked off because when you bragged about owning a .50 BMG caliber sniper rifle, I proved you were lying about that.

C3A81B51-D31B-4F61-BF6F-6DFB1B594457.jpeg

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.