The World News Media

Bible Prophecy and 2034. Will you gain spiritual discernment to become a Survivor of the Last Days?

BroRando

The Genesis account of the creation of the Earth is not taken from a viewpoint in outer space, the entire account is taken from the viewpoint of a person standing on the ground looking at events.

What he sees from the ground is what is recorded.

Go to Genesis again and re-read it keeping that idea in perspective firmly in mind, and it makes a lot more sense with what we know happened from solid evidence.

• Views 10.8k
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please explain the difference between the first part of that scripture and the second part. After all there is an "AND" between the two parts so we should be able to understand both the first portion

I appreciate that you finally fixed part of your mistake. In the past few years you kept insisting that this quote about 1914 +120 years came from Russell himself. Later, you reworded slightly to

No. Because the night on the third day would not have been completed before dawn of that second day. If someone dies on Friday afternoon and they are buried that Friday night, then the night of t

Posted Images

7 hours ago, BroRando said:

ne day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day." (2 Peter 3:8)

This is a basic teaching my dear... we all understand this.... It is just hard to apply it in the way you do by using the scriptures you apply this principle to.  One cannot take a random concept and apply it. 

2 hours ago, Arauna said:

Agreed. We must be careful that we do not fall into the trap of Numerology. 

Correct, but 40 is significant. How long was Jesus teaching his disciples on earth before asending to heaven after his resurrection? 

"After he had suffered, he showed himself alive to them by many convincing proofs. He was seen by them throughout 40 days, and he was speaking about the Kingdom of God." (Acts 1:3)

• How long was Jesus in the wilderness being tempted by Satan? 
  • How long did it rain on the earth in order to cleanse it?
  • Jesus, Moses, and Elijah all fasted for how many days?

7 hours ago, Peter Carroll said:

very important number in the bible

Thank you for your perspective...... I enjoyed reading it.

This however does not in my mind justify jumping to a 2034 conclusion for Armageddon and the beginning of the new millenium. 

However, the idea is not far fetched.... as I said before ..... because the generation in Noah's time before the flood  was 120 years. 

6 hours ago, Arauna said:

Thank you for your perspective...... I enjoyed reading it.

This however does not in my mind justify jumping to a 2034 conclusion for Armageddon and the beginning of the new millenium. 

However, the idea is not far fetched.... as I said before ..... because the generation in Noah's time before the flood  was 120 years. 

2034 is not an end all date.  Human life span was everlasting, then death was introduced of a day of thousand years, so the human life span was less than 1,000 years.  Jehovah decided to speed things up and changed the life span to 70 or 80 years a little longer due to mightiness. 

The 120 is representative of 3 x 40 periods. Which cannot be grasped by those who are not true. Therefore, the 120 is an illustration. 

Mark 4:11

He said to them: “To you the sacred secret of the Kingdom of God has been given, but to those outside all things are in illustrations,

1 hour ago, Peter Carroll said:

is not the reason the lifespan was reduced was that god did not want man to continue as a sinner for long periods of time

Yes... and that leads us back to subject of this discussion about timing.  "However, do not let this escape your notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day.  Jehovah is not slow concerning his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire anyone to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.  But Jehovah’s day will come as a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar, but the elements being intensely hot will be dissolved, and earth and the works in it will be exposed." (2 Peter 3:8-10)

"And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.” (Rev 21:4)

Learning these things now can help you prepare for the coming events. It will take faith, but there is hope! Start preparing your heart and mind and apply the counsel from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ: "No one can slave for two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will stick to the one and despise the other. You cannot slave for God and for Riches. “On this account I say to you: Stop being anxious about your lives as to what you will eat or what you will drink, or about your bodies as to what you will wear. Does not life mean more than food and the body than clothing? Observe intently the birds of heaven; they do not sow seed or reap or gather into storehouses, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth more than they are?" (Matthew 6:24-26)

"Who of you by being anxious can add one cubit to his life span?" (Matthew 6:27)

"So never be anxious and say, ‘What are we to eat?’ or, ‘What are we to drink?’ or, ‘What are we to wear?’  For all these are the things the nations are eagerly pursuing. Your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. “Keep on, then, seeking first the Kingdom and his righteousness, and all these other things will be added to you." (Matthew 6:31-33)

On 6/12/2022 at 12:54 AM, Peter Carroll said:

is not the reason the lifespan was reduced was that god did not want man to continue as a sinner for long periods of time

After the flood they did not immediately come down in age. Noah still lived (if I remember correctly) 350 years after the flood. Gradually the life spans became less.  Well, a long time ago my brother did a paper (not published - he does this for fun), which indicated the build-up of bad UV light after the flood.  When it reached a certain peak it would start to influence peoples span of life.

So life went down and settled at 70 to 80 years in the time of David.

4 minutes ago, Arauna said:

After the flood they did not immediately come down in age. Noah still lived (if I remember correctly) 350 years after the flood. Gradually the life spans became less.  Well, a long time ago my brother did a paper (not published - he does this for fun), which indicated the build-up of bad UV light after the flood.  When it reached a certain peak it would start to influence peoples span of life.

So life went down and settled at 70 to 80 years in the time of David.

Yes... Noah was 600 at the time of the Flood and lived another 350 afterward...  the 120 was the allotted time limited for the old world to take heed. But nobody lived pass the day of a thousand years that Jehovah set.  

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200001150?q=allotted+time+of+the+deluge&p=doc#:~:text=Timing of the Deluge. The Deluge did not come suddenly without warning. Years of time were spent building the ark%2C time that Noah the “preacher of righteousness” also used in warning that wicked generation. (2Pe 2%3A5) Finally the time limit was up

Jesus in private told his disciples, "For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. For as they were in those days before the Flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and they took no note until the Flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be." (Matthew 24:37-39)

Notice Jesus compared the days of Noah to his Presence, they took no note until the Flood came and swept them all away. Therefore, we can conclude that both Prophecies are 'timed events'. Time and again Jesus kept reminding his disciples just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. How long were the days of Noah? Then Jehovah said: “My spirit will not tolerate man indefinitely, because he is only flesh. Accordingly, his days will amount to 120 years.” (Genesis 6:3)

• When Noah stopped preaching to work on the Ark, did the wicked take note? "For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be." (Matthew 24:37)
  • When Noah began loading up foodstuffs for his family and the animals, did the wicked take note? "For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be." (Matthew 24:37)
  • When Noah loaded the animals into the ark, did the wicked take note? "For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be." (Matthew 24:37)
  • When Noah entered into the ark and Jehovah sealed the door, a full week before it began to flood, did the wicked take note? When the manifestation increases in frequency and intensity as in distress pangs climax, it will phase into the Revelation Phase of the Son of man. "and they took no note until the Flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be." (Matthew 24:39)

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1001070624#h=70:~:text=“The days of Noah” actually,who do not seek deliverance.

19 minutes ago, BroRando said:

just as the days of Noah

When there has been controversy on this forum about 1914, I always said that I am open to this generation being 120 years - the probability is high.   BUT...... we must watch for ALL the signs......

Last month the WHO of UN was thwarted in taking over the rule of the world regarding health, environment and food security.  They will try again next month and in august.  

What does bible prophecy indicate - that "Image of the  beast will only rule for ONE hour..."....  which is a short period.  It could be a few years - to another ten years which is doubtful regarding their intentions with the 4th industrial revolution and UN Agenda 2030... ......... Regarding the pace of developments in the secular world - we will soon be faced with a totalitarian government which will demand worship of the image of beast and absolute obedience to its directives .... or face the consequences.

Their hearts are already set at the destruction of religion - so Jehovah will let it go into fruition when the time is right. After this we will watch the dismantling of society as we knew it.  This can also happen relatively quickly - especially under extreme conditions of hunger, suffering and totalitarianism.  

Jehovah will have to step in to save some flesh....   : “There will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now . . . In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved.” (Matthew 24:21, 22) But God promises us that many humans will survive: “The world is passing away . . . , but the one who does the will of God remains forever.”—1 John 2:17.

What I am doing now is some cautioning - not to settle on a definite date.  Jehovah says he is going to cut those days (like Noah) short in order to save some.   So in my estimation, the conditions in the world will be worse than before the flood.... and Jehovah will have to step in to save the great crowd... while quite a large number of them are still alive. 

58 minutes ago, Arauna said:

When there has been controversy on this forum about 1914, I always said that I am open to this generation being 120 years - the probability is high.   BUT...... we must watch for ALL the signs......

Last month the WHO of UN was thwarted in taking over the rule of the world regarding health, environment and food security.  They will try again next month and in august.  

What does bible prophecy indicate - that "Image of the  beast will only rule for ONE hour..."....  which is a short period.  It could be a few years - to another ten years which is doubtful regarding their intentions with the 4th industrial revolution and UN Agenda 2030... ......... Regarding the pace of developments in the secular world - we will soon be faced with a totalitarian government which will demand worship of the image of beast and absolute obedience to its directives .... or face the consequences.

Their hearts are already set at the destruction of religion - so Jehovah will let it go into fruition when the time is right. After this we will watch the dismantling of society as we knew it.  This can also happen relatively quickly - especially under extreme conditions of hunger, suffering and totalitarianism.  

Jehovah will have to step in to save some flesh....   : “There will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now . . . In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved.” (Matthew 24:21, 22) But God promises us that many humans will survive: “The world is passing away . . . , but the one who does the will of God remains forever.”—1 John 2:17.

What I am doing now is some cautioning - not to settle on a definite date.  Jehovah says he is going to cut those days (like Noah) short in order to save some.   So in my estimation, the conditions in the world will be worse than before the flood.... and Jehovah will have to step in to save the great crowd... while quite a large number of them are still alive. 

Yes... One more 'timed event' or prophecy would be fulfilled prior to the destruction of the wicked. Satan and his earthly kingdoms are entering their final hour since 2015 spewing demonic propaganda that they brought peace and prosperity to the earth by transforming our world by 2030, and the majority of the earth's population will be more than willing to capitulate. "Whenever it is that they are saying, “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly on them, just like birth pains on a pregnant woman, and they will by no means escape." (1 Thessalonians 5:3)

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.