The World News Media

Bible Prophecy and 2034. Will you gain spiritual discernment to become a Survivor of the Last Days?

BroRando

2 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

nd what about the 'V' when the tetragrammaton is YHWH. 

I guess you only speak one language.... because if you have learnt any other you will know that sounds are different in different languages.  A  J  in some languages are pronounced as "Y" in other.   In my own language (Afrikaans) a J is pronounced the same as a Y   in Albanian....... (where I live now).

• Views 10.8k
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please explain the difference between the first part of that scripture and the second part. After all there is an "AND" between the two parts so we should be able to understand both the first portion

I appreciate that you finally fixed part of your mistake. In the past few years you kept insisting that this quote about 1914 +120 years came from Russell himself. Later, you reworded slightly to

No. Because the night on the third day would not have been completed before dawn of that second day. If someone dies on Friday afternoon and they are buried that Friday night, then the night of t

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Chioke Lin said:

Yud-Hay-Vav-Hay

The letter w and V is pronounced the same in some languages.  And J and Y is pronounced the same. Different letters are used for the same SOUNDS. 

Just as J and Y  is pronounced the same in some languages.   So different languages use different letters for the exact same sound. 

1 hour ago, Arauna said:

The letter w and V is pronounced the same in some languages.  And J and Y is pronounced the same. Different letters are used for the same SOUNDS. 

Just as J and Y  is pronounced the same in some languages.   So different languages use different letters for the exact same sound. 

If I understand it correctly, there is no error with either form because of the vocalization of the letters by language. Thank you.

I'm trying to understand the discussion about the 40 hours in the theory of time and prophecy.

Can anyone explain why this couldn't be seen as the 40 days Jesus fasted in Matthew 4:2 to correspond to 40 hours of Jesus internment in a 3-day span?

Can you explain, then, the discrepancy in the discussion with the bible?

Jonah 1:

17 Now the LORD had appointed a great fish to swallow Jonah, and Jonah spent three days and three nights in the belly of the fish.

Matthew 12:

39 Jesus replied, “A wicked and adulterous generation demands a sign, but none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. 40 For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

1 hour ago, Chioke Lin said:

There really isn't a discrepancy.  It probably helps to know that Jesus didn't die on Nisan 14, but the "Day of Preparation", the day before. ( Mark 15:42,43; Luke 23:53,54; John 19:41,42) Jesus was already buried before the Passover Sabbath.  

33 minutes ago, Witness said:
2 hours ago, Chioke Lin said:

There really isn't a discrepancy.  It probably helps to know that Jesus didn't die on Nisan 14, but the "Day of Preparation", the day before. ( Mark 15:42,43; Luke 23:53,54; John 19:41,42) Jesus was already buried before the Passover Sabbath.  

However!!  I had remembered that the yearJesus died was a double Sabbath.  I found this enlightening article concerning the three days and three nights. 

https://thewayofthemessiah.org/tsp.html

2 minutes ago, Witness said:

However!!  I had remembered that the yearJesus died was a double Sabbath.  I found this enlightening article concerning the three days and three nights. 

https://thewayofthemessiah.org/tsp.html

Jesus died and was buried just before the great Sabbath began. Furthermore, Friday afternoon is called Preparation because people prepare meals and complete any other tasks that cannot wait until after the Sabbath. At sunset, a double, or “great,” Sabbath will begin. (John 19:31)

Jesus’ Body Is Prepared and Buried

1 hour ago, Witness said:

Thank you. The discrepancy I'm referring to is with the hours that the discussion seems to be concerned with. Sorry for my bad English. 

Jesus last supper would have been in Yom R’vi’i. This would make it on a Wednesday night. Then morning (dawn) came, which should still be Wednesday. After dawn, or light, that should have started Yom Chamishi or Thursday. Since the bible speaks of full days and nights, then, Thursay, Friday, and Saturday would have been the full 3 days. On the first day of the week which is Sunday would have been when the Angel told Mary, Jesus wasn't in the tomb at dawn Yom Rishon. Matthew 28:1

This brings up another question. Is the bible talking about the internment of Christ, or is it referring to the complete subjection Christ was placed before, for judgment? 

Matthew 12:40 refers to "heart of the earth," day to day. Meaning full days. 

17 minutes ago, Peter Carroll said:

Remember, too, that Jesus initiated this observance and then died on the Jewish calendar date of Nisan 14.* That was the day of the Passover, a festival reminding the Jews of the great deliverance they had experienced in Egypt in the 16th century B.C.E. At that time, the sacrifice of a lamb resulted in the salvation of the Jewish firstborn, whereas Jehovah’s angel struck down all the firstborn of Egypt.—Exodus 12:21, 24-27.

How does this help our understanding? Well, the Christian apostle Paul wrote: “Christ our passover has been sacrificed.” (1 Corinthians 5:7) Jesus’ death was a greater Passover sacrifice, giving mankind the opportunity for a far grander salvation. For Christians, therefore, the Memorial of Christ’s death has replaced the Jewish Passover.—John 3:16.

The Passover was an annual celebration. Logically, then, so is the Memorial. The Passover—the day Jesus died—always fell on the 14th day of the Jewish month Nisan. Hence, Christ’s death should be memorialized once a year on the calendar day that corresponds to Nisan 14.

soon the day of the apostates continous lies with be exterminated and this infestations will have gone to the dust

You're Invited to a Sacred Event!

The Memorial of Christ is not the Last Supper that the world continues to celebrate. The Last Supper is the Last Passover Meal that was first established in Egypt. The Jewish Day began at Sunset. Since the Sun sets at various times, the Passover Supper would begin after the Sun disappeared from the Horizon with the darkness just beginning to set in. The Last Passover Meal was Nisan 14th, 33 CE with the abolishment of the Old Mosaic Covenant. Today as Christians, we invite others to simply observe the Memorial of Jesus Christ that was instituted moments later after the Last Supper was concluded and brought to its end.

AS the Last Supper was concluding, Jesus was reclining at the table with the 12 disciples.  While they were eating, he said: “Truly I say to you, one of you will betray me.” (Matthew 26:20-21) Therefore, the event that concluded the Last Passover Meal was the dismissal of an unfaithful apostle. Jesus answered: “It is the one to whom I will give the piece of bread that I dip.” So after dipping the bread, he took it and gave it to Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot.  After Judas took the piece of bread, then Satan entered into him. So Jesus said to him: “What you are doing, do it more quickly.” (John 13:26-28) “So after he received the piece of bread, he went out immediately. And it was night.” (John 13:30)

After dismissing the betrayer from the midst of the Faithful Disciples, Jesus instituted a new teaching for His Faithful Followers. Notice, the whole world wasn’t invited, but those who proved to be faithful and trustworthy up to this point. Since the founding of the Christian Congregation on Pentecost 33 CE, Christians have been commemorating the death of Jesus Christ every Nisan 14th. With one simple command, his faithful sheep “Keep doing this in remembrance of me.” (Luke 22:19) Share this Post on your social media and Save a Life.

A must watch video: As the Storm Approaches, Maintain Your Focus on Jesus! Please join us for the annual observance of the death of Jesus Christ. This year it will be held on Tuesday, April 4, 2023. More information @ JW.org

Don’t give up, You have a reason to keep on living…     You're Invited to a Sacred Event!

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.