The World News Media

Bible Prophecy and 2034. Will you gain spiritual discernment to become a Survivor of the Last Days?

BroRando

16 hours ago, Chioke Lin said:

Sunday after dawn which is the start of the week, as you mention, like Monday for us and Sunday for the Jews.

You start your week on a Monday ?  The week has always started on a Sunday and ended on a Saturday. 

Saturday was always the Sabbath, even though we do not keep it now. 

Or am i just 'old school' ? 

• Views 10.8k
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please explain the difference between the first part of that scripture and the second part. After all there is an "AND" between the two parts so we should be able to understand both the first portion

I appreciate that you finally fixed part of your mistake. In the past few years you kept insisting that this quote about 1914 +120 years came from Russell himself. Later, you reworded slightly to

No. Because the night on the third day would not have been completed before dawn of that second day. If someone dies on Friday afternoon and they are buried that Friday night, then the night of t

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Arauna said:

My discernment is that Jesus had not need for any purification or any added symbolism regarding his death - the "sign" of Jonah was a "sign" not an exact replication - Jesus was not in a fish for three days.  We do not want the superstition of the Jews who find numerology in almost anything to overwhelm us.  We then lose the purpose of the illustration/sign and meaning of his death.

I find your comments on this subject to be the most uplifting, and have certainly given me food for thought. Thank you. 

I think others are 'digging too deep' and losing the real meaning behind it all, as you have said. 

15 hours ago, Pudgy said:

. meanwhile, it’s all a distraction to keep one from and the important things like  justice and truth and righteousness, and fairness and equity in the brotherhood…… And making sure that orphans and the disadvantaged have food in the refrigerator and clothes on their backs,And have sound guidance and a warm place to sleep.

I was going to make a topic on this subject, mainly on the bit I've highlighted in red.

BUT unfortunately I find myself with a warning from @The Librarian for what i don't know ecactly, so I'd better just keep a low profile for a while :) 

I dare not comment on the bit I've put in bold. 

20 hours ago, JW Insider said:

If someone dies on Friday afternoon and they are buried that Friday night, then the night of the first day is completed on Saturday. The night of the second day is therefore begun on the next night, Saturday night, and completed on the dawn of that second day which is Sunday morning. The night of the third day, would have been completed, therefore on Monday morning.

Nope. Nisan 14th, the 1st Day conculded on Friday Evening with Sundown ushering in the Second Day that Jesus was in the Grave. That's why they hurried to bury Jesus. 

The time Jesus was dead was a 40 hour period that cover 'parts of three days'.  However, one should be mindful that the Jewish Day began on Sundown, this is in regards to Creation at "And there was evening and there was morning, a first day." (Genesis 1:5)

The Sunset during this time period was around 7:12 pm. It varies back forth over time but is very stable. I'm using a round off time of 7 pm for simplicity sake. 

Nisan 14, 33 CE - 1st Day - Thursday at Sundown from 7:00 pm to Friday at Sundown to 7:00 pm   Jesus was put to death at approximately 3:00 pm that Friday afternoon on Nisan 14th. That's 4 hours.

Read more...

7 hours ago, Arauna said:

Yes -  I do see the pattern of the purification and cleansing of the number 40.  It rained 40 days and nights to clean the earth during the flood ... and there are many other examples. ......BUT..... Jesus was perfect - he needed no cleansing or purification. .

Does this mean, the ritual of purification was suspended because of Jesus? Luke 2:22

5 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

You start your week on a Monday ?  The week has always started on a Sunday and ended on a Saturday. 

Saturday was always the Sabbath, even though we do not keep it now. 

I see your point. Yes, the Jews start their week on Sunday under our current calendar. Yom Rishon First Day (Sunday)

23 hours ago, JW Insider said:

You can begin the start of his judgment then if you wish, but the sign of Jonah was that he was in "Sheol" for three days and three nights. Christians saw no need to take this to any kind of literal count of hours. The very fact that it could apply when Jesus may have been in Sheol for only two nights is good evidence that there was no good reason to try to count the exact hours to make something spiritually significant out of them.

To me, Sheol means suspended and protected, just as Jesus was in "hell" for those 3 days. A condition. Meaning, his judgment of torture began soon after his arrest, and then he became protected after death. Protected from whom, Satan and anyone wanting to do evil with Jesus body.

I agree, the 3 days and 3 nights is an idiomatic phrase. Does that mean "Jesus" was not dead for 3 days as indicated by the phrase, "heart of the earth?" Why would the bible reference, he was risen on the third day, according to Paul in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4

Can it be these two debates are separate? The 3 days and nights, and the 40 hours, that are part of those 3 days.

On 6/18/2022 at 9:27 PM, Witness said:

I don't quite understand what you are asking.  Are you referring to the time Jesus was a prisoner to be interrogated, or are you talking about his time in the abyss/the "heart of the earth"?  (Jonah 2:2; Rom 10:7; 1 Pet 3:18-20; 2 Pet 2:4)

Hello, commentator.

Wouldn't that be co-linked because of the sunset and sunrise concept? Would it be any different if we use the same concept for Jesus death? When he died, it was the last part of the preparation day, evening time. That means, Jesus would have been buried sometime before midnight, or soon after midnight. So, wouldn't that indicate, he did die on the Jewish Calendar 14 of Nisan?

Please forgive me. Maybe I'm not using the correct English words for my comments. Thursday/Friday-Friday/Saturday-Saturday/Sunday.

Yes, I would like to see your view on the "heart of the earth" where Jesus was protected. Does this mean, he wasn't died for those 3 days? 

2 hours ago, Chioke Lin said:

Yes, I would like to see your view on the "heart of the earth" where Jesus was protected. Does this mean, he wasn't died for those 3 days? 

This may be in relation to 1 peter 3 : 19 Berean Study Bible ·

18For Christ also suffered for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit, 19in whom He also went and preached to the spirits in prison 20who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In the ark a few people, only eight souls, were saved through water.…

Some people may believe that whilst He was 'dead', Yeshua (Jesus) went down in to 'hell' and spoke to  wicked spirits that were in prison there. 

I do not believe this myself. 

7 hours ago, BroRando said:

Nisan 14th, the 1st Day conculded on Friday Evening with Sundown ushering in the Second Day that Jesus was in the Grave. That's why they hurried to bury Jesus. 

This is how I understand it too. Nissan 14 is Passover day (Thursday after Sundown to Friday sundown.....)and Nissan 15 is a sabbath...... and Nissan 15 happened to also fall on the regular Sabbath - so it was a double sabbath.  (what is the chances of that! - amazing!)

Because it was a double Sabbath when no work was to be done the bones of the criminals were broken so they could be taken off the stakes and buried.  Jesus had already perished. 

21 minutes ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

Some people may believe that whilst He was 'dead', Yeshua (Jesus) went down in to 'hell' and spoke to  wicked spirits that were in prison there. 

I do not believe this myself. 

I'll accept your point that Jesus wasn't speaking with evil spirits. I think, "Sheol" would have the same effect as "hell." They are a place of protection from evil ones. 

Thank you for the text. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.