The World News Media

Bible Prophecy and 2034. Will you gain spiritual discernment to become a Survivor of the Last Days?

BroRando

I am sure there is a correct answer, but does it really matter? What I have been trying to convey with my quasi-satirical comments is that in my opinion it doesn’t really matter, and when you try to conflate several things that won’t fit, and can’t fit, wanting to make them fit, and seeing that they might fit, and then it would be fitting if they did fit or they fit or not, it’s enough to give you a fit.

….. meanwhile, it’s all a distraction to keep one from and the important things like  justice and truth and righteousness, and fairness and equity in the brotherhood…… And making sure that orphans and the disadvantaged have food in the refrigerator and clothes on their backs,And have sound guidance and a warm place to sleep.

I know too well how easy it is to get distracted by irrelevant things, and lose sight of important things. Been there, done that.

• Views 10.8k
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please explain the difference between the first part of that scripture and the second part. After all there is an "AND" between the two parts so we should be able to understand both the first portion

I appreciate that you finally fixed part of your mistake. In the past few years you kept insisting that this quote about 1914 +120 years came from Russell himself. Later, you reworded slightly to

No. Because the night on the third day would not have been completed before dawn of that second day. If someone dies on Friday afternoon and they are buried that Friday night, then the night of t

Posted Images

On 6/19/2022 at 12:34 AM, Chioke Lin said:

Now the LORD had appointed a great fish to swallow Jonah, and Jonah spent three days and three nights in the belly of the fish

Nowhere does it say it is exactly 72 hours.  It would have been more accurate to say 72 hours if God meant exactly 72 hours.  So they could have thrown him onto the sea very late late night of first day  (which fits in with Jewish day which starts at sundown), and shortly after the third night when daylight came - spewed him on dry land.....  did not think this through but just an idea.  

Jesus also spoke of the SIGN of Jonah.  A sign is not literal but an indication of something.  So we do not expect literal 3 days and nights but FOCUS on the SIGN..... just as the budding of the first flowers on trees is a sign that spring is arriving.  

The focus of all of this is the sign and the fact that Jesus died.  The other additional things are the side events.

On 6/19/2022 at 8:54 AM, BroRando said:

preparation day was the day before, making it Thursday Evening

One had to prepare before the sabbath - the sabbath was on the Saturday (a double sabbath whereon NO work was to be done - no cooking etc.  

I am a bit lazy to investigate but Jesus sent two ahead of him to the upper room to prepare for the Passover.  Passover was not a Sabbath so they could prepare the lamb on that day.... I hope I am correct on this.   ....  Maybe someone (JWI) could give us some more details on this.  (My eyes do not allow much any longer). 

20 hours ago, BroRando said:

Nisan 14, 33 CE - 1st Day - Thursday at Sundown from 7:00 pm to Friday at Sundown to 7:00 pm   Jesus was put to death at approximately 3:00 pm that Friday afternoon on Nisan 14th. That's 4 hours.

Nisan 15, 33 CE - 2nd Day - Friday at Sundown from 7:00 pm to Saturday at Sundown to 7:00 pm  That's 24 hours.

Nisan 16, 33 CE - 3rd Day - Saturday at Sundown from 7:00 pm to Sunday at Sundown to 7:00 pm  Jesus was resurrected at dawn by 7:00 am. That's 12 hours.

4 + 24 + 12 = 40 hours

That was good to read.  Only, Jesus did not need any purification, cleaning or any things else regarding cleaning.  He did need time to talk with Jehovah to be able to focus on the purpose of his anointing.

15 hours ago, Chioke Lin said:

purification, a ritual under the law of Moses for atonement?

Yes -  I do see the pattern of the purification and cleansing of the number 40.  It rained 40 days and nights to clean the earth during the flood ... and there are many other examples. ......BUT..... Jesus was perfect - he needed no cleansing or purification. .

1 peter 2: 22 " 22  He committed no sin,o nor was deception found in his mouth."

2 hours ago, Arauna said:

Nowhere does it say it is exactly 72 hours.  It would have been more accurate to say 72 hours if God meant exactly 72 hours.  So they could have thrown him onto the sea very late late night of first day  (which fits in with Jewish day which starts at sundown), and shortly after the third night when daylight came - spewed him on dry land.....  did not think this through but just an idea.  

Jesus also spoke of the SIGN of Jonah.  A sign is not literal but an indication of something.  So we do not expect literal 3 days and nights but FOCUS on the SIGN..... just as the budding of the first flowers on trees is a sign that spring is arriving.  

The focus of all of this is the sign and the fact that Jesus died.  The other additional things are the side events.

They had No Understanding nor discernment. 

John 12:34

Then the crowd answered him: “We heard from the Law that the Christ remains forever. How can you say that the Son of man must be lifted up? Who is this Son of man?”

11 minutes ago, BroRando said:

hey had No Understanding nor discernment. 

My discernment is that Jesus had not need for any purification or any added symbolism regarding his death - the "sign" of Jonah was a "sign" not an exact replication - Jesus was not in a fish for three days.  We do not want the superstition of the Jews who find numerology in almost anything to overwhelm us.  We then lose the purpose of the illustration/sign and meaning of his death.

All the symbolism about the death of Jesus is found in Hebrews. How he replaced the Passover lamb, being High priest of the new covenant; his flesh died and was disposed of by Jehovah (curtain of the Most holy) tore,  and so forth.

23 minutes ago, Arauna said:

My discernment is that Jesus had not need for any purification or any added symbolism regarding his death - the "sign" of Jonah was a "sign" not an exact replication - Jesus was not in a fish for three days.  We do not want the superstition of the Jews who find numerology in almost anything to overwhelm us.  We then lose the purpose of the illustration/sign and meaning of his death.

All the symbolism about the death of Jesus is found in Hebrews. How he replaced the Passover lamb, being High priest of the new covenant; his flesh died and was disposed of by Jehovah (curtain of the Most holy) tore,  and so forth.

Screenshot (290).png

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.