The World News Media

Bible Prophecy and 2034. Will you gain spiritual discernment to become a Survivor of the Last Days?

BroRando

5 hours ago, Arauna said:

If God helped Jesus at this time, then Satan could accuse God of not being fair - that Jesus did not give his all together with his life and suffer of his own free will. Satan  could have said that Jesus was unfairly or extraordinarily helped to endure. He did not really have a death of suffering.

Thank you for the insight. I was thinking more of, after Jesus death and his body, not while he was being judged.

• Views 10.8k
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please explain the difference between the first part of that scripture and the second part. After all there is an "AND" between the two parts so we should be able to understand both the first portion

I appreciate that you finally fixed part of your mistake. In the past few years you kept insisting that this quote about 1914 +120 years came from Russell himself. Later, you reworded slightly to

No. Because the night on the third day would not have been completed before dawn of that second day. If someone dies on Friday afternoon and they are buried that Friday night, then the night of t

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Arauna said:

These words mean the same: the common grave of mankind (all humans go to dust in the common grave of mankind). Gehenna is the second death (this can be discussed later as this refers to death which lasts forever.)

I can explain this to you in more detail later if you want........  but it is important to know that Jesus died completely!

Since, I am referring to Jesus body after death by means of Sheol, or hell, I use the word protected as a means of his body being cloaked from evil in Jesus case, just as Jonah was shielded from evil. My thought is to the 3 days of Jesus death and the 40 hours that seem to be a point of discussion here.

Maybe I'm not using the right words to express my thoughts well. Sorry.

12 hours ago, Witness said:

Jesus' life and death was predicted beforehand, and scripture does not give us any inclination that Jesus would claim protection in the abyss - Sheol - Hades - pit; they all refer to the same thing.   

I will direct you to the comment I made to the commentor Arauna. 

4 hours ago, Chioke Lin said:

Since, I am referring to Jesus body after death by means of Sheol, or hell, I use the word protected as a means of his body being cloaked from evil in Jesus case, just as Jonah was shielded from evil. My thought is to the 3 days of Jesus death and the 40 hours that seem to be a point of discussion here.

Maybe I'm not using the right words to express my thoughts well. Sorry.

Jesus body was sacrifced, so the Devil has no claim to it. He already had his body beated, tortured, then killed.  Jesus is now a life-giving spirit.

John 6:51

I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread he will live forever; and for a fact, the bread that I will give is my flesh in behalf of the life of the world.”

2 Corinthians 5:16

So from now on we know no man from a fleshly viewpoint. Even if we once knew Christ according to the flesh, we certainly no longer know him in that way.

Luke 24:23

and when they did not find his body, they came saying that they had also seen a supernatural sight of angels, who said he is alive.

Luke 24:3

and when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus.

Hebrews 10:5

So when he comes into the world, he says: “‘Sacrifice and offering you did not want, but you prepared a body for me.

18 hours ago, Witness said:

Interesting comparison:

Ezek 12:6 - "While they are watching, raise your baggage onto your shoulder and carry it out in the dark. You must cover your face so that you cannot see the ground because I have made you an object lesson to the house of Israel.”

עֲלָטָה ʻălâṭâh, al-aw-taw'; feminine from an unused root meaning to cover; dusk:—dark, twilight.

darkness, dusk

Num 9:11 - In the second month on the fourteenth day at twilight, they shall celebrate it; they shall eat it with unleavened bread and bitter herbs.

עֶרֶב ʻereb, eh'-reb; from H6150; dusk:— day, even(-ing, tide), night.

evening, originally sunset 

Now, you got it!  What was instituted afer Sundown?

Jesus instituted the Lord’s Evening Meal on the date of the Jewish Passover, and he died later that same day. (Matthew 26:1-2)

The pattern established by Jesus helps determine not only the frequency but also the date and time of the Memorial. He introduced the observance after sundown on Nisan 14, 33 C.E., according to the Bible’s lunar calendar. (Matthew 26:18-20, 26)

1 hour ago, BroRando said:

Jesus body was sacrifced, so the Devil has no claim to it. He already had his body beated, totured, then killed.  Jesus is now a life-giving spirit.

Very true. I would think no one would have claim to Christ body. God needed to protect his body from all evil while he remained the heart of the earth, in a dead and in his grave.

12 hours ago, Arauna said:

Saturday was the regular sabbath on which no cooking on any work was to be done.  It was the first day of the Festival of Unfermented cakes.  The first day being a special day- kept like a Sabbath.

I see you went through great lengths to explain the double sabbath. I still find it a little confusing. Maybe you can help. The way I understand, the "double sabbath" is, not being part of the Passover ritual, but a direction for soldiers to comply. 

I use, the Hebrew language here. Shabbat. So, to me, I look at the writings in 2 King 11:9-11 

2 Kings 11:9-11

9 The commanders of units of a hundred did just as Jehoiada the priest ordered. Each one took his men—those who were going on duty on the Sabbath and those who were going off duty—and came to Jehoiada the priest. 10 Then he gave the commanders the spears and shields that had belonged to King David and that were in the temple of the Lord. 11 The guards, each with weapon in hand, stationed themselves around the king—near the altar and the temple, from the south side to the north side of the temple.

This to me would indicate there would be a "Double Shabbat" on the Sabbath.

I also found a similar reference in the Watchtower Library.

*** ws13 12/15 p. 20 par. 19 ‘This Is to Be a Memorial for You’ ***
19 When the lamb was slaughtered for the Passover meal, the Israelites were not to break any of its bones. (Exodus 12:46; Numbers 9:11, 12) What about the bones of “the Lamb of God,” Jesus, who gave his life as a ransom? (John 1:29) He was hanged on a torture stake with a criminal on each side of him. The Jews asked Pilate to have the bones of Jesus and of the two criminals broken so that they would die quicker. This way, their bodies could be taken off the torture stakes before Nisan 15, a double Sabbath. Soldiers broke the legs of the two criminals, “but on coming to Jesus, as they saw that he was already dead, they did not break his legs.” (John 19:31-34) Just like the bones of the Passover lamb, Jesus’ bones were not broken. So the Passover lamb was like “a shadow” of Jesus’ sacrifice on Nisan 14 of the year 33. (Hebrews 10:1) This fulfilled the words at Psalm 34:20. This should strengthen our confidence in Bible prophecy.

Having a similar meaning, to me, I believe double Shabbat means extra guards for an important occasion, such as Jesus sacrifice was. Those off duty soldiers were requested to stay by the Pharisees to Pilate A special day of atonement for the world, before the actual ritual of atonement in October.

10 hours ago, Chioke Lin said:

When Jesus spoke of Jonah, it would be important to use Jonah's experience.

If we were both watching your dog and I said to you: " your dog does that, just like my my cat".  And you say: "why?" .... and I explain: "your dog yawns with a long, stretchy abandon just as my cat does". .......Should you be satisfied with that explanation?..... or  go on and on and try to find many more small little things which are similar between my cat and your dog? 

That would be excessive would it not?  I was making only one comparison - they yawn the same.

Similarly, Jesus was only focusing on his death that would happen in future and he called it a sign - which event has a single similarity to the experience of Jonah. What was similar? Jonah was imprisoned in the belly of a fish for 3 days and then he was miraculously released.  Jesus was  imprisoned in death for 3 days and then miraculously released in resurrection.  - that was the sign.

To go and find out if there are many more little similarities or discrepancies between Jesus and Jonah, going into the number of hours, finding out if Jonah was in a coma within the fish, or dead and then came alive,,, that would be missing the point of the sign that Jesus spoke about.

It was a sign to prove that Jesus was the Messiah. Jesus knew he would die sometime on Nissan 14 (depending on how long they would take to convict and murder him), because on the original Passover, the  lamb was sacrificed on that date.....and Jesus knew the Law well. He knew the first fruit festival was on Nissan 16 - the second day of the unfermented cakes - and that sometime on that day Jehovah would resurrect him....as the First Fruit to a heavenly life  with a spiritual body.  He gave that as a sign that he was the Messiah.  His death and release.  The messiah came to provide us with a perfect Passover lamb - to be sacrificed and provide the ransom.

6 hours ago, Chioke Lin said:

would think no one would have claim to Christ body.

hebrews 10:    So when he comes into the world, he says: “‘Sacrifice and offering you did not want, but you prepared a body for me.  You did not approve of whole burnt offerings and sin offerings.’  Then I said: ‘Look! I have come (in the scroll it is written about me) to do your will, O God.’”

then he says: “Look! I have come to do your will.” He does away with what is first in order to establish what is second. 10  By this “will” we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all time."

Yes - Jehovah prepared a body for Jesus as a human for it to be sacrificed. This was a perfect "sacrifice" in place of the animals. So like the animals which were burnt - this body belonged to Jehovah. (Jesus could never come back in a physical body because this was given up when he died on the altar of Jehovah's will. Jesus was dedicated to Jehovah and his will - his whole life was a sacrifice to Jehovah's will. The "altar" is a symbol of Jehovah's will.

8 hours ago, Chioke Lin said:

not being part of the Passover ritual

8 hours ago, Chioke Lin said:

The way I understand, the "double sabbath" is, not being part of the Passover ritual, but a direction for soldiers to comply. 

Passover was not a Sabbath because they prepared the sacrificial lamb to eat and the bitter greens.  The Next day was a sabbath (last day of the week) and NO food was to be prepared on a Sabbath - people who worked on this day faced death penalty.  But directly after the Passover there was the 7 days of Festival of Unfermented Cakes.  The First day of this festival was always held as a Sabbath.  In the time of Jesus it was a double Sabbath because it was first day of Festival of Unfermented  cakes and it also fell on the Sabbath day. 

The soldiers, I would say was merely a additional practice. I would have to go and find it in the Law of Moses to see if it was a requirement by Law.

Regarding death: this is why I wrote the part on death..... it is total unconsciousness where "protection" of the dead is not needed.  It is a prison forever if Jehovah does not wish to free the person from this condition.  But I agree with you that Jehovah took the body of Jesus because it was a perfect sacrifice to him. I would guess, the moment Jesus was resurrected Jehovah disposed of it. It was protected by the soldiers as the pharisees tried to prevent the sign of Jonah..... the resurrection or freeing from the prison of death.

14 hours ago, Arauna said:

To go and find out if there are many more little similarities or discrepancies between Jesus and Jonah, going into the number of hours, finding out if Jonah was in a coma within the fish, or dead and then came alive,,, that would be missing the point of the sign that Jesus spoke about.

I don't believe there are any discrepancies in the bible. I believe the discrepancies come from us. Likewise, I don't think I spoke of Johan being dead. I spoke of Jonah being protected from evil.

This is why it's interesting, the discussion of the "double sabbath" is confusing. That phrase was first brought up by one of the first church fathers, John Chrysostom. I don't believe he meant it as its being described.

When the changing of the guard was held back because it was needed, then the double sabbath concept would apply. I don't wish to disparage the bible in any form.

11 hours ago, Arauna said:

Regarding death: this is why I wrote the part on death..... it is total unconsciousness where "protection" of the dead is not needed.  It is a prison forever if Jehovah does not wish to free the person from this condition.  But I agree with you that Jehovah took the body of Jesus because it was a perfect sacrifice to him. I would guess, the moment Jesus was resurrected Jehovah disposed of it. It was protected by the soldiers as the pharisees tried to prevent the sign of Jonah..... the resurrection or freeing from the prison of death.

Perhaps my English writing is not being presented correctly. We as imperfect beings, once we die, there is no reason to be protected. Jonah was protected from evil men. Jesus didn't need that kind of protection. He was the atonement for humanity. His body needed to be protected from evil deeds that men or Satan might do with his body.

If my English has become too confusing, let me know if you wish for me to stop posting. I have been insulted much worse in other sites. I see there are possibly 2 individuals here that are starting to speculate and bait me into a confrontation with my bad English. Maybe those commentors are protected, but I'm not. I don't wish for that to happen.

39 minutes ago, Chioke Lin said:

I don't wish to disparage the bible in any form.

I never assumed this my dear!

I don't believe there are any discrepancies in the bible. I believe the discrepancies come from us

Correct

Jonah was protected from evil men.

Actually he was the cause of the problem - they threw him into the sea at his request.  I agree with you that Jehovah later protected him from the very violent Assyrians when he went there but they listened to him. Their hearts were more receptive than the Jews. 

I read a scripture where it speaks of the great sabbath: john 19:31  Since it was the day of Preparation, so that the bodies would not remain on the torture stakes on the Sabbath (for that Sabbath day was a great one), the Jews asked Pilate to have the legs broken and the bodies taken away. 

Don't worry about your English - it is fine.  I am actually originally from Africa.  My first language is Afrikaans.... a form of Dutch because it was a Dutch colony which was later taken over by the British.... 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.