The World News Media

Bible Prophecy and 2034. Will you gain spiritual discernment to become a Survivor of the Last Days?

BroRando

29 minutes ago, Arauna said:

This is how I understand it too. Nissan 14 is Passover day (Thursday after Sundown to Friday sundown.....)and Nissan 15 is a sabbath...... and Nissan 15 happened to also fall on the regular Sabbath - so it was a double sabbath.  (what is the chances of that! - amazing!)

Because it was a double Sabbath when no work was to be done the bones of the criminals were broken so they could be taken off the stakes and buried.  Jesus had already perished. 

Yes.... 

Nisan 14th..  From (Thursday after Sundown to Friday sundown.....) Nice way to put it! 

• Views 10.8k
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please explain the difference between the first part of that scripture and the second part. After all there is an "AND" between the two parts so we should be able to understand both the first portion

I appreciate that you finally fixed part of your mistake. In the past few years you kept insisting that this quote about 1914 +120 years came from Russell himself. Later, you reworded slightly to

No. Because the night on the third day would not have been completed before dawn of that second day. If someone dies on Friday afternoon and they are buried that Friday night, then the night of t

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, Chioke Lin said:

I'll accept your point that Jesus wasn't speaking with evil spirits. I think, "Sheol" would have the same effect as "hell." They are a place of protection from evil ones. 

Thank you for the text. 

Hell (“Sheol” and “Hades” in the Bible’s original languages) is simply the grave, not a place of fiery torment. 

Why not read more about it?

PS... My Personal Story

What is it like to die?

I first learned about death through a Bible Study. After learning the truth about death and that death is the last enemy that will be conquered, I wanted to learn more. Here’s a few scriptures that may give you some Relief and Comfort.

“For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten.” (Ecclesiastes 9:5)

My Catholic upbringing always taught me that hell was an eternal place of torment and inescapable. This religious teaching never sat well with me. I could never figure out why the God of Love would do such a thing.

Then at my Bible Study, I came across this scripture, “hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.” (Rev 20:13) This blew my mind because it connected the dots for me. See, the priests would take money from the parishioners to pray for their dead loved ones, telling us this might get them out of hell. All the while, preaching that hell is ETERNAL. Did they know something I didn’t, I wondered? This was nothing but a ponzi scheme.

Other scriptures that gave me Relief and Comfort is the good news about the Resurrection. “And I have hope toward God, which hope these men also look forward to, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.” (Acts 24:15) I was elated to learn this about my loved ones that have passed in death.

Then Jesus Christ told his followers, “Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice  and come out” (John 5:28)

5 hours ago, Chioke Lin said:

That means, Jesus would have been buried sometime before midnight, or soon after midnight. So, wouldn't that indicate, he did die on the Jewish Calendar 14 of Nisan?

He was buried the same day that he died.  Looking at more scriptures to reason on this, If the Passover meal is eaten after sundown, or at the time of sundown, then that is when Jesus memorialized the supper with his disciples. He was the Lamb that was “prepared” on Preparation Day and fulfilled the coming Passover. (John 1:29; 1 Cor 5:7)  But, Jesus was buried before the Sabbath.

“Then, because it was the day of preparation, so that the bodies should not stay on the crosses on the Sabbath[cm] (for that Sabbath was an especially important one), the Jewish leaders asked Pilate to have the victims’ legs broken and the bodies taken down.” John 19:31

[cm] “The Jewish authorities, because this was the day of preparation for the Sabbath and the Passover (cf. 19:14), requested Pilate to order the legs of the three who had been crucified to be broken. This would hasten their deaths, so that the bodies could be removed before the beginning of the Sabbath at 6 p.m. This was based on the law of Deut 21:22-23 and Josh 8:29 that specified the bodies of executed criminals who had been hanged on a tree should not remain there overnight.” 

John 19:14 - (Now it was the day of preparation[a] for the Passover, about noon.) Pilate said to the Jewish leaders, “Look, here is your king!”

[a] The term day of preparation (παρασκευή, paraskeuē) appears in all the gospels as a description of the day on which Jesus died. It could refer to any Friday as the day of preparation for the Sabbath (Saturday), and this is the way the synoptic gospels use the term (Matt 27:62Mark 15:42, and Luke 23:54). John, however, specifies in addition that this was not only the day of preparation of the Sabbath, but also the day of preparation of the Passover, so that the Sabbath on the following day was the Passover (cf. 19:31).

John 19:41,42 - “Now at the place where Jesus was crucifiedthere was a garden, and in the gardenwas a new tomb where no one had yet been buried. And so, because it was the Jewish day of preparation[dt] and the tomb was nearby, they placed Jesus’ body there.” 

[dt] The day of preparation was the day before the Sabbath when everything had to be prepared for it, as no work could be done on the Sabbath.”

Jesus did not die, nor was buried on the Sabbath/Passover.  Again, if the Passover is eaten after sundown, then Jesus died and was buried before Passover by the Jews reaction here:

John 18:28 – “Then they (the high priest’s Jewish officers, John 18:28) brought Jesus from Caiaphas to the Roman governor’s residence. (Now it was very early morning.) Theydid not go into the governor’s residence so they would not be ceremonially defiled, but could eat the Passover meal.”

…the Passover meal to be eaten that night "at the time of sunset".  Lev 23:5 

1 hour ago, BroRando said:

Hell (“Sheol” and “Hades” in the Bible’s original languages) is simply the grave, not a place of fiery torment. 

I'm asking everyone to have patience with my English. Maybe, I'm not using the correct words for what I mean to say. I agree, it is a grave. Does this mean, "hell" cannot be seen, when a person is tortured, like Jesus was? In Jesus case, I believe, Sheol, Hell, mean a place of protection from Satan and evil ones under the cover of a grave or burial.

5 hours ago, Chioke Lin said:

Yes, I would like to see your view on the "heart of the earth" where Jesus was protected. Does this mean, he wasn't died for those 3 days? 

Sheol, Hades, the abyss are not a place of protection, but of darkness and "not perceiving".  I'm not sure why you would say that it was a place of protection for Jesus, when the "King of the abyss", of darkness, is Satan.  (Rev 9:11)

Jesus was in the abyss until his fleshly body was resurrected.  But, the light of Christ overpowers darkness. Only the flesh of Jesus died, but not his spirit.  

"For Christ also suffered for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring you to God. He was put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit, 19 in which he also went and made proclamation to the spirits in prison"  1 Pet 3:18,19

Sheol:  Will I deliver them from the power of Sheol? No, I will not! Will I redeem them from death? No, I will not! O Death, bring on your plagues! O Sheol, bring on your destruction! My eyes will not show any compassion!  Hos 13:14

Hades - And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overpower it.  Matt 16:18

Abyss - Jesus then asked him, “What is your name?” He said, “Legion,” because many demons had entered him. 31 And they began to beg him not to order them to depart into the abyss. Luke 8:30

Abyss - This word, ἄβυσσος (abussos), is a term for the place where the dead await the judgment. It also could hold hostile spirits according to Jewish belief 

"But the righteousness that is by faith says: “Do not say in your heart,‘ Who will ascend into heaven?’” (that is, to bring Christ down) 7 or “Who will descend into the abyss?”(that is, to bring Christ up from the dead)"  Rom 10:6,7

10 minutes ago, Witness said:

He was buried the same day that he died.  Looking at more scriptures to reason on this, If the Passover meal is eaten after sundown, then that is when Jesus memorialized the supper with his disciples.

Perhaps you can help me understand. Jesus had the meal with the apostles. Then, Judas went to betray him. After, around midnight, Jesus was arrested by the pharisees. He was taken to Herod, which refused to condemn him. He was then taken to Pilate, who refused to take the case because he was a Jew. So, Jesus could not be charged for blasphemy. During the day, Herod sent him back to Pilate to charge Jesus for sedition. Conspiring to overthrow the Roman kingdom. Pilate accepted that charge under Roman law. 

He had Jesus whipped, and later sentenced to death. Wasn't that all withing the same day using sunset to sunrise concept. When Jesus was crucified, that would have been the start of the following day at sunset. Isn't Sunset to the Jews around 3 o'clock, by our time?

10 minutes ago, Witness said:

Sheol, Hades, the abyss are not a place of protection, but of darkness and "not perceiving".  I'm not sure why you would say that it was a place of protection for Jesus, when the "King of the abyss", of darkness, is Satan. 

Would you suggest, Jesus shouldn't have been protected from Satan, and evil ones wishing to do harm to his body?

28 minutes ago, Witness said:

…the Passover meal to be eaten that night "at the time of sunset".  Lev 23:5 

The Passover was to be eaten in haste between the two sunsets which is about a 50 minute window from when the sun began setting (bottom of the sun meets the horizon) or as Lev 23:5 says it, "In the first month, on the 14th day of the month, at twilight is the Passover to Jehovah."  It can also be rendered “between the two evenings.”

Meal was to conclude when the the Sun sat or at Suindown. (top of sun disappears and sinks below the horizon)  If the entire meal was not consumed, what was left over must be burned that night before morning.

AS the Last Supper (Passover Meal) was concluding, Jesus was reclining at the table with the 12 disciples.  While they were eating, he said: “Truly I say to you, one of you will betray me.” (Matthew 26:20-21) Therefore, the event that concluded the Last Passover Meal was the dismissal of an unfaithful apostle. Jesus answered: “It is the one to whom I will give the piece of bread that I dip.” So after dipping the bread, he took it and gave it to Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot.  After Judas took the piece of bread, then Satan entered into him. So Jesus said to him: “What you are doing, do it more quickly.” (John 13:26-28) “So after he received the piece of bread, he went out immediately. And it was night.” (John 13:30)

After dismissing the betrayer from the midst of the Faithful Disciples, Jesus instituted a new teaching for His Faithful Followers. Notice, the whole world wasn’t invited, but those who proved to be faithful and trustworthy up to this point. Since the founding of the Christian Congregation on Pentecost 33 CE, Christians have been commemorating the death of Jesus Christ every Nisan 14th. With one simple command, his faithful sheep “Keep doing this in remembrance of me.” (Luke 22:19) Share this Post on your social media and Save a Life.

It is the memorial that has been commemorated afer Sundown since 33 CE. 

6 minutes ago, Chioke Lin said:

When Jesus was crucified, that would have been the start of the following day at sunset. Isn't Sunset to the Jews around 3 o'clock, by our time?

"Now when it was noon (the sixth hour), darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon. (the ninth hour) 34 Around three o’clock Jesus cried out with a loud voice, “Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?” which means, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” 35 When some of the bystanders heard it they said, “Listen, he is calling for Elijah!” 36 Then someone ran, filled a sponge with sour wine, put it on a stick, and gave it to him to drink, saying, “Leave him alone! Let’s see if Elijah will come to take him down!” 37 But Jesus cried out with a loud voice and breathed his last."  Mark 15:33-37

1 hour ago, Chioke Lin said:

I'm asking everyone to have patience with my English. Maybe, I'm not using the correct words for what I mean to say. I agree, it is a grave. Does this mean, "hell" cannot be seen, when a person is tortured, like Jesus was? In Jesus case, I believe, Sheol, Hell, mean a place of protection from Satan and evil ones under the cover of a grave or burial.

I think you are doing quite well. 😀  

King James  hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.” (Rev 20:13)

New World  "the Grave gave up the dead in them, and they were judged individually according to their deeds." (Rev 20:13)

33 minutes ago, BroRando said:

The Passover was to be eaten in haste between the two sunsets

33 minutes ago, BroRando said:

Meal was to conclude when the the Sun sat or at Suindown. (top of sun disappears and sinks below the horizon)  If the entire meal was not consumed, what was left over must be burned that night before morning.

This is a little confusing, it is as if you are saying it must all be eaten before the sun sets the first evening, yet you are also saying "between two sunsets".  "In haste" was done on the first "Passover", but it wasn't a tradition to follow. 

Exod 12:8 - And on this night, they shall eat the flesh, roasted over the fire, and unleavened cakes; with bitter herbs they shall eat it.

9 The Lord spoke to Moses: 10 “Tell the Israelites, ‘If any of you or of your posterity become ceremonially defiled by touching a dead body, or are on a journey far away, then he may observe the Passover to the Lord. 11 They may observe it on the fourteenth day of the second month at twilight; they are to eat it with bread made without yeast and with bitter herbs. 12 They must not leave any of it until morning, nor break any of its bones; they must observe it in accordance with every statute of the Passover.  Num 9:9-12

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.