The World News Media

Is it time for this forum to close its doors?

Ann O'Maly

• Views 5.7k
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't speak for the @admin since he is probably not even aware of this "controversy" right now.... BUT.... I just can't imagine Jesus Christ creating JesusChrist.org to publish his words..

My thoughts exactly @The Librarian So many concerning takeaways from this article. 1. It's a-okay for the org to completely restrict an entire area of preaching (social media). Social media

From the April 2018 Watchtower, p. 30-31. This is a bona fide, unadulterated copy (honest).  What are your thoughts on this article? Btw, I hope the irony of posting this here is not lo

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Matthew9969 said:

Ok, twice I have posted proof how the watchtower has misquoted other sources or taken quotes out of context and twice it's not showing up. Did they get deleted, they were after all open source information.

I cannot speak to this. I really don't know. I did see a link you posted that no longer is there. Why it disappeared I do not know. 

But I do know that @The Librarian favors original content. She doesn't like it when people are just lazy and link to some sorehead who they think will do their dirty work for them - especially when it is same-old same-old - something that has been discussed many times before and addressed, but a whiner just wants to repackage it and run it through again.

1 hour ago, TrueTomHarley said:

But I do know that @The Librarian favors original content. She doesn't like it when people are just lazy and link to some sorehead who they think will do their dirty work for them - especially when it is same-old same-old - something that has been discussed many times before and addressed, but a whiner just wants to repackage it and run it through again.

I suspect that this is it. I've noticed that if a person repeatedly points to their own blogs and links to their own books that there is a limit to how much of this is allowed. If you link to a single place at a time and discuss a specific piece of evidence from that site, then the link becomes a 'source' for reference for what is being discussed here and it's usually acceptable. But if the source is just to a bunch of things that we are supposed to read on another site and use that site for its own sake, then that's not considered to be a good use of this discussion forum -- just to push people over to another site or forum or blog, etc.

3 hours ago, JW Insider said:

I suspect that this is it. I've noticed that if a person repeatedly points to their own blogs and links to their own books that there is a limit to how much of this is allowed.

I did run afoul of this once with regard to my own books before I learned how to behave.

I self-policed myself recently with regard to an update from @Queen Esther. She started a thread in which there was a report that consensus view of the Russian brothers is that the Family Glory award was given to soften the blow against Witnesses and signal that the government actually knows we are good people. I linked to my own site where I had speculated about this at the time. 

Esther wasn't sure about it and seemed not to like it, so I removed the link and rewrote my comment simply to read that I had mentoned it at the time.

A few times here I have indicated I am writing a book on the Russian situation. It is no longer far off. I started a thread which I think will not incur the wrath of @The Librarian: 'Did Malachi Have Teenagers? - A Russian thread.' Everything relevant to that book will be placed on that thread, save perhaps for one brief comment somewhere when it is finished.

On 1/2/2018 at 12:22 PM, Ann O'Maly said:

Haha. You do not know my and Neil's history or the biting insults he's hurled my way in our time. We are both broad-shouldered and we understand each other. 

I actually thought for a time, not paying close attention, that these two might be a married couple. Silly me. 

I am corrected firmly by this observation from Ann on another thread:

"So as usual Neil, your claims do not align with reality."

Or maybe it doesn't prove anything at all There have been times when those words might easily have been spoken to me by Sister Harley. :) 

I'm late to this discussion, and it may have been mentioned already sorry. One can read the "Terms of Use" at the bottom of our site's pages. However, the wording seems in one paragraph, "You may" section, to allow the copying, downloading, and sharing of links and electronic copies of everything on the sites. Then, in the next section "You may not", disallows such actions. I'm not a lawyer, but the phrasing seems to nullify the entire agreement...

• 7 months later...

This forum doesn’t need to close. Although it should change their platform of hatred to one single religion, even though they have many listed. The majority of questionable remarks are dealt with in, one organization.

Thus, this forum will soon learn to either adapt to the way humanity is moving from these internet personal attacks, or the government will soon impose penalties, or have them removed by whichever company carries their business.

Amazon, Go-Daddy, Google, Twitter, Facebook, etc.

Also, those regular bloggers that contribute to this hatred, and misinformation, that redirect this traffic to their websites will soon be out of a job. That extra income to subside their lavish life’s styles by blood guilt will come to an end. So, no more European vacations.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.