The World News Media

Is it time for this forum to close its doors?

Ann O'Maly

9 hours ago, Grey Reformer said:

Also, those regular bloggers that contribute to this hatred, and misinformation, that redirect this traffic to their websites will soon be out of a job. That extra income to subside their lavish life’s styles by blood guilt will come to an end. So, no more European vacations.

I suppose I will have to forgo my lavish lifestyle  and European Vacations to buy catfood for my wife and I, and cardboard for the holes in my shoes.

I am getting too old to upend and roll downtown drunks for their loose change, so I will have to put a hand lettered cardboard sign around my neck that says "Will engineer for food", and squat on a freeway off-ramp in sackcloth and ashes, and an appropriately downtrodden, sad countenance.

I can turn my eyes heavenward and at 37,000 feet, watch as a Boeing 767 takes a GB member to a European Assembly in Business Class seating at about $11,000 a ticket.

• Views 5.7k
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't speak for the @admin since he is probably not even aware of this "controversy" right now.... BUT.... I just can't imagine Jesus Christ creating JesusChrist.org to publish his words..

My thoughts exactly @The Librarian So many concerning takeaways from this article. 1. It's a-okay for the org to completely restrict an entire area of preaching (social media). Social media

From the April 2018 Watchtower, p. 30-31. This is a bona fide, unadulterated copy (honest).  What are your thoughts on this article? Btw, I hope the irony of posting this here is not lo

Posted Images

9 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

I suppose I will have to forgo my lavish lifestyle  and European Vacations to buy catfood for my wife and I, and cardboard for the holes in my shoes.

I am not one of those on the list for spreading misinformation and hate, so I will not suffer this fate.

I will wave to you down below eating catfood as I fly over in my luxury jet en route to still another fancypants European vacation.

I can turn my eyes heavenward and at 37,000 feet, watch as a Boeing 767 takes a GB member to a European Assembly in Business Class seating at about $11,000 a ticket.

Come come. Don't be so petty. 

Assuming you haven't exagerated the price (since I take my private jet on fancypants European vacations at the drop of a pin, I have forgotten commercial rates), would you expect him to travel rowboat? 

Or even airline passenger seating, arriving at his age to give some talks, having flown hours with his knees in his mouth? Travel is not so easy for people on in years and yet they routinely skirt around the globe come convention time. And what if he took passenger seating and got stuck riding next to someone like you? (sorry, JWI)

Isn't there some TV preacher somewhere who had a vision that he should dunn his followers for yet another personal jet?

There is a purpose for the GB to fulfill God’s promise to humanity, what is yours as an outsider. The day, God chooses you as his representative, you too can fly on an $11,000 dollar ticket, since it would be proving your worth to God. Although, there might be an exaggeration when flying coach.

10 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

watch as a Boeing 767 takes a GB member to a European Assembly in Business Class seating at about $11,000 a ticket.

My goodness! I think they get a special deal, so that if each of them forgo the Business and First Class tickets for just 5 times in one year, that they save enough to each get a Rolex. Also, if they purchase Business and First Class tickets for just 10 times in one year, they earn enough mileage points to each get a Rolex. Decisions! Decisions!

However, a little more seriously: a workman is worthy of his wages. You don't muzzle the bull when it's threshing out the grain.

1 hour ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Come come. Don't be so petty. 

Assuming you haven't exagerated the price .....

That entire post was hyperbole, and exaggeration to paint a mental picture of the PREVIOUS post's hyperbole. 

But my guess of the airline ticket cost was based on a business class ticket I once had from Charlotte, NC, to Mosjoen, Norway for a job, which if memory serves, was $9,400,  and I LIKED it!  Very addictive!

... normally I get by with air holes cut in the shipping container.

I mentioned the shoe cardboard , because I used to be heavily invested in cardboard.   I bought in when it was 14 cents a ton, kept six tons in my driveway, where it got rained on, and sold it for 17 cents a ton.

WOOHOO!

20 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

... normally I get by with air holes cut in the shipping container.

:)

Actually, I did not take my first commercial flight until I was in my 50's. It was very exciting. Successive flights increasingly become a pain, mostly for things having nothing to do with the plane but for the hassles boarding it. In the old days, you could pull up with 15 minutes to spare, and nobody at all wanted to strip-search you. 

Occassionally, some witnessing helps pass the time, and I don't always do it  but sometimes I do. Like one flight where I laid the contact card down on the armrest midflight and said to the man traveling next to me: "Look, everyone has a cause, and this is mine. We don't have to talk about it, or anything else. On the other hand, there is time to kill, we will never meet again, and it may suggest some conversation if you want it."

It was a while before he said anything. Presently he opened up on the purpose of his trip and his background. He was a microbiologist at some university. He said he liked the power of faith, but of course, he was a scientist. We exchanged some boiler-plate remarks, and somewhere along the line I mentioned telemeres. He took up the topic but pronounced the word differently. "You mean I've been making a donkey of myself all these years, saying it wrong?" was my response.

It was just idle conversation, not particularly going anywhere. Out of the blue he brings up that his trip had another purpose. He is traveling to get his daughter out of her latest jam. He doesn't know what happened to her. He did his best to bring her up right, but she takes up with one lowlife scoundrel after another and has made a hopeless hash of her life. 

I didn't say: "Too bad she is not a Jehovah's Witness. Then all of her troubles would be over." I mostly just listened, and asked a few questions to draw him out. Who doesn't like to be reminded what can happen to kids in the absence of Bible prinicples, and sometimes even with  Bible principles they veer off the track. I was blown away that, not knowing me from a bag of beans, he would so quickly turn to me as Father Confessor. It was likely because he had NO spiritual componant to his life, and when he came across one, the dam burst.

The time flew with the plane and landed in no time at all. I'll never see him again, most likely. But you never know. Perhaps he will be like the man who accepted a few magazines, but eventually told me he would do so no more because his wife was allergic to newsprint. 'Look, just tell me if you don't like them,' I said to myself. 'What a stupid excuse!'

Years later I met them at a convention, both baptized.

On 8/29/2018 at 1:21 PM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Wow ... and all these years I have been drop-kicking them through a hedge ....

Have you tried the surprise roundhouse kick or perhaps the RKO (out of nowhere)? it gets the job done with 99.99% succession rate, hitting like a train. They'll be calling you James Thomas "The Tank Engine" Rook because of that, when you show up meaning business.

Forums can never die until the community cease. A forum can be instantly done away with if you are Nintendo, for anyone who makes tickles them the wrong way will be shut to the ever-ending down and wiped from existence, be it on their platform or elsewhere, just recently they scared community to or two to shut down, one community took it upon themselves to shut itself down in fear of the Big N.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.