The World News Media

Why does Jehovah God forbid tattoos?

James Thomas Rook Jr.

11 minutes ago, Shiwiii said:

lol, superstitious much?

He needn't worry. I nudged him over the edge.

If someone would pay for advertising tattoos, I would get several. It is an area in which I would be able to beat out the kids, since older people tend to aggregate more space over time.

• Views 3.4k
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now that wasn't so difficult actually was it? I'll overlook the offensive bluster. I know you are capable of an entirely rational response (as in the first quote) when you are in a better frame

When you get old and fat and it stretches into something unsightly.

@AllenSmith. Sorry, can't quote you. It's just too lengthy to dissect! You are rattled, and, as you loose your command of language when that happens, I just do not really follow the syntax of you

Posted Images

• 2 months later...
47 minutes ago, Alessandro Corona said:

Jesus never commented on Pork

I remember once when Jesus demonized some pork, but it was at their own request. (Demon's request, not the pork's.)

• (Matthew 8:31) . . .So the demons began to plead with him, saying: “If you expel us, send us into the herd of swine.”

But Jesus also gave some good dietary instructions for raising pigs. They evidently don't digest beads of calcium carbonate very well, or else perhaps it doesn't sit well with them and makes them violent.

• (Matthew 7:6) . . .“Do not . . . throw your pearls before swine, so that they may never trample them under their feet and turn around and rip you open.

• 1 month later...
On 6/18/2017 at 7:01 PM, AllenSmith said:

False Idol. There is someone here that can't comprehend this.

Tattoos of false Gods. Hinduism, Buddhism, Egyptian, so forth. A child of 3 can comprehend this. And these are a literal marking of the body, but how about figurative tattoos. It would be an injustice to say God allows tattoos when soo many of them would be considered the same as idolatry. The Watchtower "discourages" the use of tattoos, as it is left to one's own conscience and decision. They, however, Don't say that GOD ALLOWS TATTOOS for the many reasons related to what kind of tattoo is going to be displaced.

There is, however, an exception to this rule, which I'm sure JTR already knows.

But it would be ok to get a JW.org logo tattoo right?

Not to me ... because of its religious substitute basis.

The same way that the "cross" may at sometime in the past have been a symbol of Christianity, or perhaps it was the "Fish" .. but nevertheless the cross came to be worshiped as a magic talisman, and the fish .... well ... Google "Pope's Hat Dagon".

The JW.ORG Logo is ALREADY a symbol of adoration to many, many Jehovah's Witnesses, so that battle is ALREADY lost.

At one time in my life I thought about having my Social Security Number tattooed between my toes, as in explosions, sometimes the feet are left more or less intact. Perhaps a sword morphing into a plowshare might work (?)

But, if I wanted a religious Tattoo, it would have to be Jessica Rabbit.

But in the Christian Covenant arrangement there is no prohibition against a generic tattoo .. but there may be against WHAT IT IS ABOUT.

But, if you get a tattoo ... you can't be buried in a Jewish Cemetery.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.