Last Reply

Replies

Views

Outta Here -
JOHN BUTLER -

Top Posters

On 10/19/2017 at 11:27 PM, Outta Here said:

Hello guest!

Don't know why this came up form so long ago but it was there.

Evi M and the other writer do not seem to have a clue about the JW Org. They live in a dream world. They are so brainwashed they can no longer recognise it. It would be funny if it were not so sad. 

• Similar Content

• By 4Jah2me
      It is true that I no longer go door to door teaching others about God or about His Kingdom. However i do a bit of what might be classes as 'witnessing' on Facebook and at other opportunities.  So I found this quote online and I thought, that it is probably better than I could write it myself.  Quote : -

Anguish of Nations not knowing the way....Out ? Out of What?
      “Anguish of nations, not knowing the way out . . . Men become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited earth.” (Luke 21:25, 26) Crime, violence, drug addiction, family breakups, economic instability, unemployment—the list is long and growing. One prominent scientist wrote: “We will eat fear, sleep fear, live in fear and die in fear.”
      “In the last days critical times hard to deal with.” (2 Timothy 3:1) The apostle Paul spoke of people “having come to be past all moral sense.” (Ephesians 4:19) He elaborated, however, on the moral breakdown he foretold for “the last days.” It sounds like today’s newscasts: “Know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away.”—2 Timothy 3:1-5.
      “In the last days there will come ridiculers.” (2 Peter 3:3) Newspapers, newscasts, magazines, books, and movies scornfully dismiss the Bible and replace it with their own freethinking propaganda, saying, as Peter foretold: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep in death, all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.”—2 Peter 3:4. " : End of quote.
      But this quote was written a decade ago. TEN years ago. And things are much worse now. 
      I think I've mentioned earlier that I'm into reading all the 'word news' but i did get a topic come up on my FB, page from the Telegraph, about 'some big climate change meeting of top knobs', so I just tried to give it some balance from God's viewpoint.  I will of course get a blasting from folks on FB but i can handle that.  
      It helped me also to gain a bit of balance. But then it also creates so many questions. God needs a true, faithful and clean collection of humans for when He decides to 'sort out the problems' down here on Earth. There is indeed much work to be done. Only time will tell how it all plays out, and who HE uses. 

• By Colin Browne
      Vandalism of the worst kind.
      A church minister destroys a Witness' cart.
      Minister destroys JW trolley.mp4
    • By Jack Ryan
      A letter from the Spain branch was sent to elders informing them about what to do if anyone is assaulted on the carts/trolleys during public witnessing.
      The letter is dated 10th July 2019 and includes a sheet with instructions that must be included with each cart. This means that we now have a legitimate document to be able to reason with active JWs.

The document is entitled "What to do in the case of aggression during public witnessing activity?"
      First point it mentions is to call the police IMMEDIATELY, not the branch, hence highlighting that Watchtower value preaching carts more than the lives of abused children (where the Bethel branch must be called first).

But the real point of this post is this: Look at point 3. "If you file a complaint at the police station, what should you say?" Amongst other things, it clearly states that "carts must be reported as the property of the brothers involved in this incident" and they've even underlined it. They stress that JWs "should not say that the carts are the property of the religious denomination or congregation."

With me so far? Maybe you don't see anything wrong with this so let me refer you to the Elder's manual (Shepherd ver 2019, Chapter 23, point 9: Public Witnessing Equipment).
      There it clearly states that "The equipment will remain the property of the congregation."

So why are Watchtower clearly asking their members to lie to the police in an official report? Go back to point 3 in the instructions to get the answer:

"The police will probably ask who owns them in order to facilitate the option of asking for compensation." Ah good old money... at the root of most things that motivates Watchtower.
      So next time you see the JWs on the carts, ask them if their conscience permits them to lie to the police, not for "theocratic warfare" but for monetary compensation? What would Jesus think about that?
    • By The Librarian
      Check out THIS MOBILE FOLDABLE Literature Cart!
      Complete with Heating and Air Conditioning for those not so comfortable days.
      Solar panels for lighting at night.
      Although I am wondering how we can make one that is handicap accessible?
    • By JOHN BUTLER
      I am having a thought about getting together with whomever, here in the UK,  and having some leaflets printed
      The leaflets would be to warn people about the Child Abuse within the Jehovah's Witnesses Organisation.
      Distribution would be by hand in the form of witnessing work.  
      The idea would be to bring praise to God whilst warning people, especially people with young children, against association with the JW Org at this time.
      Warning would also be to JW's that they can expect problems when on the ministry. Problems arising from people having the true knowledge about the Child Abuse.  
      Of course the leaflets would have to be factual, truthful, and not insulting. 
      Does anyone know how legal this would be to do this in the UK ? 

• By JOHN BUTLER
      The JW Org / GB say that Armageddon is very close. They also say that Jehovah is speeding up the work in these 'last days'.
      Now, it seems I'm not one for knowing truth from lies, so people keep telling me, but this webpage/site seemed interesting to me.
       It seems to show more of a decrease in JW's, but more importantly it seems to show more of a lack of faith, or lack of action / 'works' of JW's. It also shows a large number of people leaving the JW Org. 
      If this video or page has been used before then I apologise for any repeat. But I thought it was of interest. 

Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
    • By The Librarian
      I'm just a cart Made up of bits and pieces A frame, a handle and some wheels But I'm a cart That helps to give a witness (spoken) What is that like? (sung) Let me tell you how it feels!
      If you could see What I see, If you could visit all the places that I go. If you could see the people there And get a glimpse of all the faces that I get to know.
      If you could hear What I hear, When they see things they've never had a chance to see. That's when you'll see How it can be That forever they'll remember me!
      I've got wheels I've got racks I've got books and I've got tracts. I take the Kingdom message everywhere!
      When the crowds Pass me by I'm designed to catch their eye. Wherever people gather count on me 'cause I'll be there!
      If you could do What I do You'd know the happiness that always fills my heart!
      What a feeling To go wheeling I'm so glad to be a Public Witness Cart!
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      SOUTHBRIDGE - People may see Randy Turk, 40, and his wife, Lisa, 43, dressed in their Sunday best any day of the week knocking on doors in their hometown of Southbridge or other communities. The couple, married nearly 20 years, isn’t selling anything during the 70 hours a month they walk the pavement and try to meet with residents. Mr. Turk says they are trying to “draw people closer to God.”
      Mr. Turk has been a Jehovah’s Witness for 27 years, one of more than 8 million followers of the religion worldwide.
      To support their volunteer ministry work, the couple work as sales representatives for Nature’s Best Oils. Mr. Turk also does consulting work for an auto parts manufacturing company in Michigan.
      How is your religion different from other Christian religions?
      “As Christians, we closely follow the teachings and actions of Jesus Christ. We believe that he is the key to salvation. We also believe in using God’s personal name, Jehovah. We appreciate that God’s kingdom is a real government that will bring about positive changes to the earth. We are focused on upholding the teachings of the Bible rather than religious traditions.”
      Why do you go door to door?
      “I love talking with my neighbors. Today, people are stressed. Some have even lost hope. Our desire is to share a positive message with people from the Bible. We strive to follow the example Jesus set in his ministry. His preaching work was motivated out of love. Our motive is the same.
      “Our preaching efforts are not just in Worcester County. Jehovah’s Witnesses speak to people about the Bible in over 240 lands throughout the world. Our Bible-based literature is translated in hundreds of different languages. All around the globe, Jehovah’s Witnesses work very hard to share the Bible’s hope for a grand future.”
      What response do you get from people?
      “Most people are very friendly. Some prefer that we are brief and get to the point. Since we appreciate their time, we try to share an encouraging thought in just a few minutes.
      “In Worcester County, there are many people who respond to our message in a different language. If I cannot communicate with them, I direct them to our website, jw.org. It is available in over 900 languages.
      “Many people are interested in what the Bible has to say. Most readers of our Bible-based literature are not even Jehovah’s Witnesses. Around the world, there are millions of people who study the Bible with us. Since people are busy, some may have only 15 minutes a week to study the Bible. We are more than happy to visit at a time and place convenient for them.”
      How would you like people to respond to you if they are not interested?
      “We realize that most people have their own beliefs and that not everyone is interested in our message. If they are not interested, they can kindly inform us. However, I always appreciate being given a few minutes to share something positive from the Bible.”
      How are Kingdom Halls different from other churches?
      “Kingdom Halls are a great place to worship God. It is a place where Bible study programs and lectures are held each week. All meetings begin and end with song and prayer. On Sundays, there is a 30-minute Bible discourse designed for the general public. After that, there is a question-and-answer discussion. Participation is always voluntary. No collections are ever taken. You can go to any Kingdom Hall and receive the same program of Bible instruction. I enjoy up-building association and the opportunity to praise God at the local Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses.”
      Can anyone attend a service?
      “Everyone is invited to attend. Every meeting is open to the public. Families are invited to attend and learn together. People are not obligated to join or become a member. I encourage everyone to experience the happiness and love found at the Kingdom Hall.”

Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
    • By James Thomas Rook Jr.
      The thought occurred to me that some might be interested in EXPERIMENTING with a new line of Witnessing, not to replace anything that we might be doing now, but to "widen out" to niche' audiences.  There is a communications network that exists available to you ... text only, back from the 1990s when the Internet was first formed, and it is still going strong today ,,,, although it is supplanted or even overtaken by the likes of Facebook or Twitter, or whatever else has evolved.
      Conversations I have had in 1997 STILL show up on the Internet, and over the years have seen the Truth handled aright change MANY opinions about TRUE Christianity ..... but it requires flexibility, and humor to try and plant some seeds of Truth on the baked hard-scrabble clay that Christendom has cooked up over the centuries ....  It's called the "Internet Relay Chat" network, or IRC., and when sick, I could spend 60 to 70 hours a month in HIGHLY EFFECTIVE Witnessing ... everybody is home, audiences of perhaps 50 people at a time, and no wasted time, or even gas money.
      Without further adieu, I will post a little sample I did when I had about ten minutes to spare ... if there is any Interest, I will give you more details .....
      Please realize there can be six to 20 people "talking" at the same time, so following is an acquired skill ....
      My Screen Name is "Greylenseman"
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      -
      * Now talking in #christiandebate
      * Topic is 'Deu31:6 Be strong and of good courage, do not fear or be in dread of them: for it is the LORD your God who goes with you; he will not fail you or forsake you."'
      * Set by VirtualPreacher!~noyb@172.56.30.255 on Thu Feb 02 19:58:51 2017
      #christiandebate url is www.acrity.org
      * BibleBot sets mode: +v Greylenseman
      <+Greylenseman> yawn
      <+dani_> ello Greylenseman
      <+Greylenseman> iya dani
      <+Greylenseman> why up so early?
      <+mugzZzZz> Heads are rollinghttp://www.cnn.com/2017/02/17/politics/tillerson-state-department-shakeup/ at the State Department - The news sent shock waves through the agency and has left career officials on edge -
      * mugzZzZz is now known as mugz
      <+mugz> more draining of the swamp
      <+mugz> er
      <+mugz> Heads are rolling at the State Department Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
      * +mugz sips more coffee
      <+Greylenseman> drill baby, drill!
      <+mugz> "careful with that ax Eugine"
      <+Greylenseman> I have NEVER had a desire to go to Heaven.
      <+dani_> do you have a mental connection with God ?
      <+dani_> does god read your mind Greylenseman ?
      <+dani_> Moshe`, does God read your mind?
      <+thehorror> I'd hate to go to heaven and not see my friends and family
      <+Greylenseman> I hope so ... but God's ORIGINAL plan was a physical Universe filled with the children of DNA ... that has NOT changed.
      <@Ross> those who dont goto heaven dont go by their choice
      <@Ross> oroville dam residents havce to evacuate again
      <+Greylenseman> SURPRISE!
      <+Greylenseman> thehorror: or meet some reelatives that were miscarriages, and abortions ...
      <+Greylenseman> eeeeew
      <+Greylenseman> who, IF they grew up, would never meet puppies.
      <+Greylenseman> OH YEAH, little white cloud shapes ....
      <+Greylenseman> ...like foggy tribbles ...
      * welloktheniguess (~wellokthe@220-253-144-178.dyn.iinet.net.au) has joined #christiandebate
      * BibleBot sets mode: +v welloktheniguess
      * +K83K (~MADE-IN83@vlan-132-19-116.comnet.bg) Quit (Read error: Operation timed out)
      <+Greylenseman> nothing like living in an evironment with aborted fetuses that never grow up, playing with foggy tribbles.
      <+Greylenseman> ... and then there is the omnipresent HARP music.....
      <+Greylenseman> could be worse .... could be accordians!
      <+Greylenseman> .
      <+dani_> that's crazy Greylenseman
      <+Greylenseman> yeas it IS ... that is the whole point.
      <+dani_> but the alternative isnt much less crazy
      * +welloktheniguess (~wellokthe@220-253-144-178.dyn.iinet.net.au) Quit (Quit: welloktheniguess)
      * K83K (~MADE-IN83@vlan-132-19-116.comnet.bg) has joined #ChristianDebate
      * BibleBot sets mode: +v K83K
      <+Greylenseman> there are inly two alternatives..... just plain ordinary death ... whic we all know is the case ...irregardless of our claimed theology, or being SO HOLY that God KNOWS he can give you immortality without ever later having to kill you for treason.  Hell is a fantasy designed to separate you from your wallet.
      <+Greylenseman> In all human history, Revelation says only 144,000 are invited to live as immortals in Heaven .. men and women fully tested , and rightous beyond MY ability to understand.
      <+Greylenseman> I would be looking for "loopholes".
      <+Greylenseman> well, gotta go ... gotta get a nap.
      * Disconnected

I just reviewed the last post, not technically accurate, as I forgot to mention the Paradise Earth as an option, but I did allude to it in the beginning ... I was tired.
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Philippines

• By The Librarian
      JW Gifts for a Pioneer School
      Anyone know what the typical Pioneer School Gifts were back in 1960? Just curious.
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cybertek
    Newest Member
    cybertek

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.