The World News Media

Revelation: Babylon the Great, etc.

Arauna

7 hours ago, Arauna said:

I hate coming across as dignified and pious. I do not take myself too seriously.... but one should always try to see the other side to act in a compassionate, merciful, just and wise way.  I am unconventional in every way

If I was to describe myself, it would be in words very similar.

A story, with opening background:

I have always been ‘out there’ in appearance (for a brother), at times downright shaggy, with hair falling over my ears, and I don’t fuss much with combing it, usually not at all. I don’t fully trust anyone who has not a hair out of place. I don’t like cuff-links either, though I will concede that some will wear them and figure that they are like the fine seamless garment Jesus wore. Nobody would rebuke the Lord with: “Why don’t you wear a regular garment from the Goodwill so no one thinks you are putting on airs.” They would not say that, so cuff links get a free pass, too, but I would never wear the stupid things.

Amazingly, I have never been counseled on general shagginess, despite all the carrying on about ‘dress that befits a minister of GodI’—which rubs me the wrong way when it is overdone. I’ve had speaking assignments at the District Convention, now called Regionals. I can only surmise that my personality otherwise offsets a moderately (at times) unorthodox appearance. 

In my 50’s, after my eldering days, I got into the habit of moussing my hair when it got long, running my fingers through it once so it stayed off my forehead, and I would go about my day with it spiked up, flopping over any way it liked as gravity took over. If I see a young woman with green hair, I won’t harrumph as many of our people would—I’ll say, “Huh! You know, I kind of like that.” These days I am less that way and I now say to the barber: “Look, so long as you are not thinking “US Marine,” cut it as short as you like—even if you get it too short, I will not complain—it grows back.* That way I don’t have to horse with it for a while. 

Brother Lloyd of the US Branch gave the talk at our Assembly Hall. He is an old-timer who has been around forever. The place was packed out. For reasons I don’t remember, my wife and I arrived late and we were shoehorned into the only two seats available—directly in front of him.

His talk was hard-hitting, the type you used to hear from old-timers and the type that you will not hear today—‘if you do not make time for Jehovah, maybe he will not make time for you’ was the tone some of it took.

Now, I am not one of those brothers who has to track down the speaker so as to shake his hand. If I don’t speak with him at all, that is perfectly fine by me. I have stated here that I would love to have a Governing Body member stay at my house so I could ignore him (which would probably make me popular in his eyes). “There’s your room. Come down and hang out if you like, but don’t feel you have to—I know that you have things to do, if only unwinding free of persons who you have to talk to,” is what I would say to him.

So after the closing prayer I turn around with my spiked hair and find myself face to face with him—the crowds have not closed in yet. I exchange a few pleasantries—nice of him to make the sacrifice to travel, and so forth, and he says, almost with a twinkle, “I wasn’t too hard on you brothers, was I?” 

“Well,” I said, “we’ll adjust.”

......*With regard to not complaining about a bad haircut, I remember reading a book by Peter Lynch, the Fidelity fund manager known for investing in what he liked. He bought a ton on Dunkin Donut stock and it went to the moon—his interest first piqued because he loved their coffee. He also bought Supercuts. True to method, he went there first to get a haircut. He thought he looked a little funny as he left, but he allowed that it might simply be due to some new style that he was unaware of. The horrified look on the faces of his wife and daughters convinced him that it was not. The CEO, when he related the experience to him, observed cheerfully that hair grows back at 6 inches per....some quantity of time that I forget.

Lynch is the same fund manager who once observed of General Motors: “The nicest thing I can say about it is that it is a terrible company.” I never forgot that line.

PS: the good guys have all migrated for now to Anna’s new thread on the closed site. You’re welcome to join them. Leave 4Jah, Srecko, and Witness here to talk among themselves. They’ll soon discover that they can’t stand one another.

• Views 8.3k
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This claim is about the talk by Knorr in Sept 1942 and the booklet by the same name "Peace - Can It Last?" Knorr, didn't anticipate it. He knew about the formation of the United Nations because i

(Revelation 17:8, NWT 1984)  The wild beast that you saw was, but is not, and yet is about to ascend out of the abyss, and it is to go off into destruction. And when they see how the wild beast was, b

Another illustration—this one i gave at the meeting when it was my turn to comment—was that if there is someone in the audience who hates beets, I will not be able to argue with him that beets taste g

Posted Images

1 hour ago, TrueTomHarley said:
11 hours ago, Arauna said:

I am unconventional in every way

If I was to describe myself, it would be in words very similar.

I would say most of the JWs who comment on here are unconventional! 😀

1 hour ago, TrueTomHarley said:

PS: the good guys have all migrated for now to Anna’s new thread on the closed site. You’re welcome to join them. Leave 4Jah, Srecko, and Witness here to talk among themselves. They’ll soon discover that they can’t stand one another.

Lol!

13 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

If that happened, and in life everything is possible.... that would not be real or good reason for your happiness :)) Because, other people fall or quarrel or "love that grow cold" are not something that will bring to you or anyone else any true satisfaction and peace.  

PS

About "love that grow cold". Shunning policy inside WT Society is very clear example of this words. And with such policy JW's giving own contribution to this "prophecy". We all who here making conversation that oppose each other opinions and standpoints and beliefs, somehow proves how we showing each other something that goes contrary to this Jesus's words. We are not "in love", but, by NOT IGNORING each other comments we giving proof for something else. What it is, That Something, i will leave to individual perceptions.

Stay well!  

Quote @TrueTomHarley  " PS: the good guys have all migrated for now to Anna’s new thread on the closed site. You’re welcome to join them. Leave 4Jah, Srecko, and Witness here to talk among themselves. They’ll soon discover that they can’t stand one another. "

Yes, @Srecko Sostar it seems that Tom has a slight sickness. Tom seems to have a need to be sarcastic and try to cause trouble.  Tom has a need to incite hatred in people and he seems to need to put us down. 

In honesty @Srecko Sostar you are a person I would like to meet face to face and to have deep discussion with, because your comments seem sincere and sensible and you can reason well on things. 

There are not many on here I would like to meet with. 

It would also seem that they have a fear of us, as they need to hide in their 'closed site'. 

If Tom believes that serving the GB makes them 'good guys' well so be it. Only time will tell. 

To my own surprise I sort of did a bit of witnessing on Facebook today. Not on behalf of JW Org of course, but on behalf of God. I will put it on a new topic now. :) 

Srecko I wish you well and your family also. 

@Witness I wish you well also. I tend to agree with much that you say, but a lot of your comments are too deep for me to fully understand. 

4 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

@Witness I wish you well also. I tend to agree with much that you say, but a lot of your comments are too deep for me to fully understand

Thank you.  I also wish you well, with blessings!  I appreciate your use of scriptures to make your point.  

I often think of how the WT uses Prov 4:18 to validate their “new light” policies.

“The path of the righteous is like the morning sun,
    shining ever brighter till the full light of day.”

No one can boast of understanding this “light” if it doesn’t take root in one’s heart and thrive.  As I look back at the organization, there are undoubtedly numerous discarded shards of what was taught as “light”, but time proved it to be full-on blackness.

“But if anyone walks during the night, he does stumble, because the light is not in him."  John 11:10

“Yes, the light of the wicked is extinguished; the flame of his fire does not glow. The light in his tent grows dark, and the lamp beside him is put out.”  Job 18:5,6

I’ve learned that our spiritual development begins with turning to the source of light, where it is never to be mingled with a dark, false teaching that needs replacing.

“Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?” 2 Cor 6:14

Jesus is compared to the sun. (Mal 4:2; Matt 17:2)  He is that light that the GB cannot perceive, since they rely on their own wisdom. (Prov 3:7; Ezek 13:9)   They are "false christs", shining their own false light. (Matt 24:24; 2 Cor 11:13-15; Rev 8:10,11)

David Splane and his “generation” chart comes to mind when reading the next verse in Prov 4.

Prov 4:19 – “But the way of the wicked is like the darkest gloom; they don't know what makes them stumble.”

That is a verse that seems to be ignored!

Jesus said,  “Keep asking, and it will be given to you. Keep searching, and you will find. Keep knocking, and the doorwill be opened to you.”  Matt 7:7

“Every generous act and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights; with Him there is no variation or shadow cast by turning.”  James 1:17

We come out of the WT spiritually starved for the light of Christ, maybe not even realizing it. (Amos 5:20) He is right there to provide the light of understanding that is unfolding in these last days. (Isa 9:2; Matt 13:43)  There has been no other time in my life where the practice of seeking “hidden treasure” was so profound, so difficult, yet eventually brought peace of mind knowing I had begun walking on the right road leading to understanding.  Isa 30:21

“My son, if you accept my words
    and store up my commands within you,
turning your ear to wisdom
    and applying your heart to understanding—
indeed, if you call out for insight
    and cry aloud for understanding,
and if you look for it as for silver
    and search for it as for hidden treasure,
then you will understand the fear of the Lord
    and find the knowledge of God
.”  Prov 2:1-5

Jesus Christ is ready to help us gain his light of understanding, that never will be snuffed out.  It only gets brighter until the "day" the Kingdom of God arrives.

“We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.”  2 Pet 1:19

@Arauna Hi Arauna, I have found for you more documentaries about how politics really work in view of Revelation 17:18 And the woman+ whom you saw means the great city that has a kingdom over the kings of the earth.”

This short documentary reports on the power of CFR, Council of Foreign Relations. 

Have you heard about Alex Jones, who has been fighting the "New World Order"?

His documentaries are very revealing about UN, NWO, secret societies and more.

And:

On 1/22/2020 at 12:23 PM, Kosonen said:

think you would enjoy.

Dear friend, thanks.  I did find time to listen to it.  This guy has done a lot of research on the illuminati (which no longer exists but its philosophy did not die out but lives on) but he does not know his bible well.  That is why he takes symbolic imagery and uses it in literal way.

I did find one or two discrepancies.  Ie.there are very few Jews left in Iran.  The few that are there now are protected by the government so it does not look bad to the outside world - they did persecute jews before. Most Jews and Bahai worshippers have left the country.

I do speak some Arabic and studied the Quran, hadith and sirah.  Shia Islam hates the Jews and want them all dead. There are scriptures in the Quran and hadith which outright says this.  I also listen to Persian translations of the imams and Iranian leaders....... they hate USA and jews. They also support Hezbollah and Hamas and Houthis- all terrorists - with money while their own people suffer. Iran is a major destabilizing influence in the middle east.

This fact is also a reason why the west is in danger because salafist extremists are in Europe, Canada, USA, Australia, UK etc.  It will definitely bring more problems in future.

While this video focuses only on Jewish connections to secret organizations - there are many organizations which come out of "old" money especially the Dutch east India company and the British east India company. The British supremacist organization "the pilgrim society" also pops to mind. Cecil John Rhodes left his will to six  or seven secret organizations. Look it up on wikipedia. He had control of all the gold and diamonds in south Africa.

Between 1902 and 1913 a lot of maneuvering between England and USA went on before the dual world power of Anglo-American emerged.  Tesla's patents were stolen and given to others who could be controlled. England's secret organizations built links in USA to influence it on many levels.  They controlled the newspapers to control public opinion, then also funded people to go to America and start banks and bring in the FED.  In England they started mi5 and mi6 and later assisted USA  to start CIA etc.  They still steal patents and use them in the USA military industrial complex because of how the CIA and other secret organizations were set up.

The City of London controls a lot of secret money in the world and it has it's own laws - it does not fall under British jurisdiction ..... just like Vatican.  So the idea that Revelation should be taken literally.... is not accurate. London controls a lot of what goes on in USA...behind the scenes. New York cannot be Babylon the harlot even if she has a lady as her welcoming symbol. Babylon was the original city who started opposition to God with false religion after the flood. Babylon could also be Lindon for that matter..... 

In the video it constantly talks of ancient mysticism which came from ancient Babylon..... yet it does not make the connection with religion... ?   The mysticism in Egypt with its spells and magic originated in Babylon.  

What the video also does not bring out is the mysticism connected to the belief of the immortality of the soul or the separateness of the soul to the body.  This is the biggest lie Satan told: you will not die.  This idea went to India where they believe the soul is continuously  reincarnated.  Well the Kabbalah is a mystic jewish religion which also does meditation similar to the Asian continent.   Yes, most Rabbis practice the real kabbalah. The New Age religion for the masses is a watered down version of the kabbalah. The idea that you can get 'hidden knowledge ' from connecting to ' God ' is clearly spiritism. 

Is this not what satan promoted in the garden of eden ? To get the 'hidden ' knowledge God did not give them? 

What I agree with is that most of the modern philosophies come from the French revolution which was supposed to bring utopian promise of freedom and equality. It had its roots in earlier spiritistic thought - as though satan was behind it to control the masses who wanted equality. The post modern philosophy and new feminism also hates the biblical  'patriarchy' and is bent on breaking down old values and the family. It wants a social revolution.

French revolution brought forth communism (and yes, I agree with the history of Marx and Lenin) but do not be misled: it is not just Jews behind this new world order. I listened to an article yesterday where Bill Gates is accused of continuing Monsanto's agenda in India....  new money / new billionaires have bought into it. There are Muslim masons too!  Masons were so widespread at time of Weisshaupt and its connection with Roseacrucianist ideas it is not a conspiracy. Even Mozart was a Mason. His opera " the magic flute is a allegory about masonry. 

When you have so much money as these billionaires do,   you feel especially priviledged and blessed and feel you must use your money to forward certain 'good' goals. They  believe they  are special and therefore cannot make  wrong choices:  I believe most of these leaders and billionaires who get together at the Bilderburg meetings have good motives while benefitting themselves in the process. Satan is deceiving.

Whatever happens, we are forewarned in the bible that satan will be drawn out to show his full hand. All the major corporations, oligarchs and leaders in the world, as well as  the secret societies, are moving in same direction - to install a world federation which has satan's goals in mind.   How far they will get we do not know....... but they definitely gave the money and technology to control billions if people when the technology is fully implemented. Rev 16: 14-16 indicates it is propaganda leading the leaders and the world to Armageddon. The propaganda is inspired by satan.

True disciples of jehovah will have a very hard time..... we know this. Our faith will be under test.... it is nice to look at these things and speculate but it is more important to be solid in the faith. Yes we have fun speculating but we must never lose sight of Jehovahs wonderful promises.... and make sure of the "more important things" ....because this will keep us strong.

Thanks for reaching out to me- I appreciate it.

1 hour ago, Arauna said:

Thanks for reaching out to me- I appreciate it.

Thanks, I am glad you watched that documentary. I am amazed that you already know these things. And I think you know the facts that are in the other documentaries I posted in the previous post. Yesterday and today I have been listening with earphones to these documentaries while working on a house construction site. 

It was about 8 years ago I first saw these documentaries. I learned a lot at once how politics work. I never imagined that there are such hidden power structures and why they organize constant wars somewhere. And I was very excited about these facts, because it gives many ideas on how Revelation will play out up to Armageddon. And really a flight to a wilderness would be a good idea to be shielded from the NWO the powerful people want to set up.

Revelation 12:14 But the two wings of the great eagle+ were given to the woman, so that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is to be fed for a time and times and half a time*+ away from the face of the serpent.+

11 hours ago, Anna said:

Queen of the Night

I love the opera too!  I love a good bass voice and love it when done well.  The bass part in the magic flute is beautiful. .  I sang both arias of the queen in my salad days.    The papageno aria I can still sing but have not sung for 3 years.  I recently quickly practiced a song to sing at a wedding reception (not the hall). 

Go for it Anna -  enjoy yourself!!

11 hours ago, Kosonen said:

And really a flight to a wilderness would be a good idea to be shielded from the NWO the powerful people want to set up.

The video also indicated that some Christian religions believe literal Israel will fulfill the  last day prophecies.  This is false.  This is why there are several racial movements now which believe they are the "true Israel" and show false genealogies to prove it. ..... such as the "black israelites" of God.   The bible indicates it is a spiritual Israel and a heavenly jerusalem as indicated in the two scriptures below.

Hebr 12:22  But you have approached a Mount Zion and a city of the living God, heavenly Jerusalem, and myriads of angels  

Roman's 2:  "For he is not a Jew who is one on the outside, nor is circumcision something on the outside, on the flesh.  29 But he is a Jew who is one on the inside, and his circumcision is that of the heart by spirit and not by a written code. That person’s praise comes from God, not from people"

You mentioned a place of safety:  We can only call on  jehovah as our refuge and show faith in the ransom of jesus - which you already do.  But one needs to be among people who obey Jehovahs instructions (do the preaching) and worship Him. 

Hebrews 10 " Let us hold firmly the public declaration of our hope without wavering, for the one who promised is faithful.  24 And let us consider one another so as to incite to love and fine works,  25 not forsaking our meeting together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as you see the day drawing near. 26 " 

A prophecy which I keep in mind (and a few more,) is the reason I am a JW - despite the flaws I see in some imperfect brothers and sisters.  They worship Jehovah, refuse to go to war and do earth wide preaching work. .... apart from really understanding the ransom sacrifice.....

Isaaih 2: 2-4 " In the final part of the days, The mountain (worship)  of the house of Jehovah will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, And it will be raised up above the hills, and to it all the nations will stream.  3 And many peoples will go and say: “Come, let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, To the house of the God of Jacob. He will instruct us about his ways, And we will walk in his paths.” For law will go out of Zion ,And the word of Jehovah out of Jerusalem. 

He will render judgment among the nations and set matters straight respecting many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation,Nor will they learn war anymore.

Many of our brothers are now in prison because they refuse military service or were caught preaching in islamic countries where it is forbidden to proseletize. Indonesia ,  Tartaristan  was in the news this week.