The World News Media

"PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO THANK JEHOVAH", FOR USDA FOOD BOXES

It looks like the organization is consorting with charlatans. 

"charlatans" -  a person who pretends to have skills or knowledge that the person does not actually have.

2 Tim 3:13 – “But evil people and *charlatans will go from bad to worse, deceiving others and being deceived themselves.”

*γόης góēs, go'-ace; from γοάω goáō (to wail); properly, a wizard (as muttering spells), i.e. (by implication) an imposter:—seducer.

It is pure wizardry, for the organization to convince its members that "Jehovah" is the source of delivered food boxes.

"Churches distributing USDA food boxes are blurring the boundaries between church and state."

Religious groups distributing Covid hunger-relief boxes are praying with recipients, taping Bible verses onto flaps, and soliciting donations. Some of these practices may violate federal regulations.

In mid-June, Heather* received a 20-pound box of produce from a local branch of the Jehovah’s Witnesses on behalf of her grandmother, an active member of the church. It held potatoes, onions, apples, and a cauliflower—and came with an unexpected letter: “Dear Brothers and Sisters: We are certain that you agree that all praise and honor goes to our great God Jehovah for his abundant provisions to us!” it read. The letter went on to ask that recipients “keep this gift confidential,” and encouraged them to accept the boxes, even if they did not need the food.

The box was one of 100 million distributed so far as part of the Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Farmers to Families Food Box program, the Trump administration’s flagship Covid-19 hunger relief initiative intended to provide emergency food aid to families in need. 

The letter’s declaration that the boxes came from Jehovah—instead of taxpayers—represents a significant departure from standard operating procedure for federal food aid. So does its plea for confidentiality, which raised a red flag for Heather, who suspected that Jehovah’s Witnesses were saving the boxes exclusively for its members. (*Heather is an inactive member of the group, and we’re withholding her last name at her request). Also odd: The suggestion that recipients accept the boxes regardless of need. According to USDA guidelines, distributors paid by the government to assemble the boxes were supposed to guarantee they would be given to “only needy people.” 

Jehovah's Witnesses Disaster Relief Committee letter about food relief boxes during Covid-19. September 2020

The letter regarding federal food aid comes from The Jehovah’s Witnesses Disaster Relief Committee. Request to keep the food supplies confidential raised concern for “Heather.”

Letter from source “Heather” / Graphic by Tricia Vuong

According to its packaging, the box was distributed by Travel Well Holdings, an airport kiosk company based in Santa Rosa, California, which in May received a $12 million contract to assemble and distribute the boxes as part of the program. (In a phone interview, Travel Well Holdings CEO Desiree Rodriguez said that the company was not aware that some of its boxes were being distributed alongside letters from Jehovah’s Witnesses.)

In a phone interview, Robert Hendriks, U.S. spokesman for the Jehovah’s Witnesses, confirmed that a local branch had circulated the letter with some boxes during the program’s early weeks, but without authorization from higher-ups. “The wording here does not represent necessarily what we have directed to our disaster relief committees,” Hendriks said. When asked if the organization was distributing to Jehovah’s Witnesses only, Hendriks said that the organization also delivers food boxes to non-believers who attend bible study or services.

This blurring of lines between church and state when distributing the Farmers to Families food boxes is not unique to the Witnesses: The Counter found multiple instances in which churches promoted their own messages while distributing taxpayer-funded boxes, in potential violation of USDA guidelines. The issues range from relatively minor—like slapping church logos on each box—to more significant: apparently “saving” people at distribution sites, telling recipients the boxes are from God, and asking volunteers to pray “in person” for every single box recipient.

“That is unlawful….People shouldn’t have to choose between going hungry and engaging in religious activity they don’t want.”

According to federal regulationns, churches and other faith-based organizations are prohibited from mixing explicitly religious activities with federally funded food aid, “including activities that involve overt religious content such as worship, religious instruction, or proselytization.” As a USDA program, the Farmers to Families Food Boxes are subject to these rules.

Agency guidance issued in late 2016 pertaining to a separate USDA hunger relief program emphasized that any overlap between religious services and aid distribution is unacceptable. For example, prayer services must be separate in time and place from federally funded aid distribution; and while churches can put flyers out for recipients to pick up, they can’t attach them directly to food boxes. The Counter found evidence of both such incidents. For example, in Warner Robins, Georgia, the Eighth Day Church appears to have attached flyers to food boxes that read, “God is thinking about you,” and feature a Bible verse, according to multiple posts on its Instagram page. (Ironically, the Trump administration did insert letters from the President into many of the boxes, prompting some non-profits to worry they were violating their commitments to avoid political participation.) 

In response to a list of questions, USDA issued a statement reiterating that all food box distributors were required to adhere to the above federal guidelines. It also added that: “A non-profit faith-based organization participating in the Farmers to Families Food Box Program is permitted to express religious beliefs in the distribution of food boxes, as long as the activity does not disrupt the distribution of USDA benefits or make receipt of USDA benefits contingent on participation in religious activities or assent to religious beliefs.”

Though the agency’s statement leaves room for interpretation, some legal experts thought some of these instances crossed legal boundaries. “They are instances where it appears that benefits are being conditioned on engaging in religious activity,” said David Barkey, national religious freedom counsel for the Anti-Defamation League, referring to incidents presented by The Counter. “That is unlawful….People shouldn’t have to choose between going hungry and engaging in religious activity they don’t want.”

Other legal experts we spoke with hedged a bit, saying that USDA’s positioning appears to tacitly permit churches to toe the line in their distribution efforts. “We’re coming close to crossing the line if we haven’t crossed it already,” said Chad Flanders, a professor of religion and law at Saint Louis University.

The food box initiative has played a central role in the Trump administration’s hunger relief efforts during the coronavirus pandemic. The premise is simple: Distributors purchase food from farmers, pack it into boxes, and deliver it to non-profits, including faith-based organizations, which pass it out. First launched in mid-May as a short-term fix to severely disrupted supply chains, the program has since gone through two rounds of distribution worth nearly $2.7 billion. It hasn’t all been smooth sailing: USDA has faced criticism for contracting with inexperienced and unlicensed companies, overpaying suppliers for mediocre food, and inequitably distributing boxes by region. Yet last month, President Trump approved another $1 billion in funding for a third round of boxes to be delivered from mid-September through October 31.

“I cringed when I saw the ‘free food.’ That’s just not the message. So many people get hurt when that happens.”

In the first two rounds of distribution, USDA placed few restrictions on the non-profits receiving the boxes. Food bank operators told us much of the program operated on an honor system: Non-profits were expected to deliver the food to people who needed it, and the onus was on them to ensure they were doing so safely and fairly. (The agency has strengthened food safety and eligibility requirements for contractors and recipients in the program’s third round, which began in mid-September.)

This isn’t how federal food aid is typically handed out. When San Antonio Food Bank CEO Eric Cooper partners with faith-based organizations to distribute food in Texas—a common occurrence, as he estimates churches and other religious organizations make up about 70 percent of the food bank’s distribution—they have to sign a contract promising that they’ll handle the food safely, that they won’t sell it, that they can demonstrate each person receiving food needs it, and that they’ll respect recipients’ civil rights by refraining from coupling food aid with any explicitly religious activities. If Cooper’s organization hears that a church is requiring recipients to attend a sermon or participate in a prayer, it sometimes conducts an audit to address the problem. 

Many of those guardrails seem to have fallen by the wayside with the Farmers to Families food boxes. The Counter identified several churches which advertised, simply, “free food,” available to anyone who asked for it. Come get a box, “even if you don’t need food,” a volunteer in Arizona said in a promotional video on Facebook. A USDA spokesperson pointed to a portion of the food box contract solicitation that read, in apparent contradiction of this claim: “Offeror must self-certify that nonprofits have capability to ensure that only needy people, or the food insecure population, will receive the food boxes through this program.”

“I cringed when I saw the ‘free food.’ That’s just not the message. So many people get hurt when that happens,” Cooper said. “What I believe is that this investment was to help those that were struggling. Help the farmers, help the industry partners, and help families in need. If the benefit went to someone else, then people were robbed of the nourishment.”

In the case of Jehovah’s Witnesses, Hendriks said the church’s suggestion that recipients accept a box regardless of need was meant to prevent members from downplaying any private struggles with food insecurity.

“We didn’t want to give them the choice of rejecting it because many would have just said, ‘Somebody else needs it more’,” he said.

In addition to prayer, some churches appear to be using their public-facing role distributing USDA food boxes to solicit donations.

Other churches inched even closer toward crossing the line between assisting the government in distributing food aid and using the events to promote their own views. Distributing boxes at Word of God Church in Oklahoma City, Brendon Laubhan said in an Instagram video that Revival America OKC volunteers were instructed to pray for every recipient, according to a video posted to Instagram. “We get free food from the government, and we’re giving it out, but the special thing is…we pray with every family that comes and gets food,” Laubhan said in an Instagram video. “We pray for them, we pray with them, we ask the Holy Spirit to come in their lives….We haven’t been turned down one time for prayer.” Laubhan did not respond to request for comment by press time.

Barkey said that such a blurring of boundaries puts food insecure recipients in a difficult position, in which they may be willing to temporarily consent to faith-based practices that they don’t typically partake in, in order to secure basic needs.

“If there’s religious activities occurring in the same parking lot, in the same time and space as the food distribution, I think that’s pretty coercive,” he said. “When somebody is saying, ‘What do you want me to pray for you?’…the bottom line is they shouldn’t be asking that question. They simply should be doing what other providers are doing, secular or religious, simply distributing the food.”

In addition to prayer, some churches appear to be using their public-facing role distributing USDA food boxes to solicit donations. 

“God has miraculously provided this food – FREE!” wrote Florida-based Church of Hope in an Instagram post announcing its plans to distribute 1,334 Farmers to Families boxes per week. Videos posted to the platform showed volunteers pressing stickers bearing the church logo onto boxes. “But it still costs us to rent the refrigerated trailer, to provide the diesel to keep the refrigeration going, and other items we need to make this all happen. We are asking for you to continue to go above and beyond by giving of your time, talent and treasure.”

The plea underscores an ongoing criticism of the program: While USDA contracts are supposed to cover all food box distribution costs, many food banks and other nonprofits have complained that they’re incurring significant, unexpected expenses related to storage and last-mile delivery. A spokesperson for Church of Hope said that volunteers at the food box distribution “offered prayer if they wanted it.” 

Elsewhere, at least one church appears to have celebrated “salvations” at distribution sites. “Today we just gave out 2,000 boxes of food….We had five salvations, over two hundred people prayed for….Did y’all have fun?” asked a representative of California’s Victorville First Assembly of God, in another Instagram video. The church didn’t respond to a request for comment.

In Missouri, Christian non-profit Heavenly Hope included a postcard featuring Bible verses with each of the 17,000 food boxes that it has delivered so far, according to the organization’s president Beth Giesler. “Our whole thing is that it’s not about the boxes, it’s about spreading God’s love,” Giesler said in a phone interview. Facebook posts show the verses taped to food box flaps. When asked about whether the organization knew it was potentially violating federal guidelines, Giesler said: “If [recipients] chose to read [the postcard], they chose to read it. If they don’t, they don’t.”

Taken on their own, some of these come just short of explicitly violating USDA’s guidelines—others may even cross the line. Taken together, however, they paint a picture of religious organizations across the country using taxpayer-funded hunger relief as an avenue to promote faith-based practices, particularly among families struggling with food insecurity. That is—if they’re reaching people based on need in the first place. Ultimately, it’s up to USDA to enforce its own rules and ensure that food boxes are being distributed equitably.

“If the USDA [knows] about this, they should frankly say, ‘Hey, guys, stop it,’” Flanders said. “If they don’t—if they condone it—then we have the further Constitutional problem of favoring religion and allowing religion to use government funds to proselytize.”

Hello guest!

• Views 6.8k
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trump himself passed them out in our congregation. [No, I’m kidding—there will always be someone to take it seriously]  And if there was anything hush-hush about the program, that never reached my ears. I posted both here and on my own blog of it. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. In our service group, when an elderly sister remarked on how the brothers had bought this food, the one with oversight told her it was not they—they were

"Is it lawful for us to pay taxes to Caesar or not?” 23 But detecting their craftiness, He said to them, 24 “Show Me a denarius. Whose image and inscription does it have?” “Caesar’s,” they said. 25 “Well then,” He told them, “give back to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s and to God the things that are God’s.”   Luke 20:22-25   Did Jesus say, take half of that coin and give it to God? No. It had Caesar’s name on it, not God’s.   Shouldn’t this tell us that money is not

1. To Society Watch Tower, Watchtower and corporations 2. To Jehovah's Witnesses and all assemblies 3. To all whom this concern   Declaration on termination of membership to a religious community of Jehovah's Witnesses   I was baptized in 1977 at the age of 17, then a minor. But, in good faith I answered the following two questions just before baptism, which is symbolized my dedication to God in terms of the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses religion. At that time

Posted Images

I read this article online earlier today. It's quite strange how some JWs act. 

If in fact this article is true then these JWs were acting dishonestly. I wonder if they will get D/fed ?  

The more 'news' I read about JWs the more I can see the wrong heart conditions in them, but knowing the truth from the lies is difficult and God through Christ will judge them. 

I don't know what congregation this was but we in ours did not do anything like that. The elders made it clear that the boxes were from the "farmers to families" government aid. Our boxes even had a message from Trump.....The elders had brothers distribute them to families they considered needed it most.

It seems like that congregation was the exception rather than the rule. However, I can understand that since all good things come from Jehovah, someone who was in dire need would have been grateful to God for this government help. 

9 hours ago, Anna said:

Our boxes even had a message from Trump..

Trump himself passed them out in our congregation.

[No, I’m kidding—there will always be someone to take it seriously] 

And if there was anything hush-hush about the program, that never reached my ears. I posted both here and on my own blog of it.

Hello guest!

In our service group, when an elderly sister remarked on how the brothers had bought this food, the one with oversight told her it was not they—they were just distributing—it was a government program that they had signed on to.

I do get the concern, (not of Witness, for she just wants to deride her rivals) but of the ones who originated her source material, that maybe there is someone who needs the food more. And that certainly could be. The part where Bro Hendricks says ‘we advised those who received packages not to turn them down’ and later presents the rationale that they will be inclined to underestimate their own burden—“downplaying any private struggles with food insecurity”—I can see that, too. (My wife and I are not destitute, but we are retired and we do live off social security—living modestly as Witnesses do, so that the stipend is far from huge) I responded the same way that Hendricks suggested some might respond: there will be others who need it more—and we were told that if that is the case, we could share with neighbors and others. I know of ones who have done this. How many? No idea. People of faith tend to take to heart Jesus’ counsel to not let the right hand know what the left is doing and not to blow a trumpet in front of them whenever they give. At some point you have to put faith in the “little people” to do what is right.

Since

Hello guest!
(and Witness sneers over that too, no doubt), even if aid went no further than they and their immediate associates, it would hardly be a travesty. But, as indicated, they were encouraged to share if they felt there were others who could benefit more.

The trick is finding these ones. The solution of leaving it up to the individual to share with cases that he/she personally knows of is probably as efficient as any, and It may be the most efficient. If you are poor, you will likely live in a poor neighborhood, and will know of serious cases of need. If you are a Witness not poor, you will know of some who are, because Witnesses are a tightly knit community, and can find out about such hard cases through them in the event that none are in your immediate area.

Witness’s concern is only to slam JWs, but the tone of the article is irreligious in general, and whatever potential abuses of USDA rules it describes are not those of Jehovah’s Witnesses, even of such lesser charges as swapping the government logo for a religious one. The box we received plainly said ‘Farmers to Families—USDA.’ (and I am glad I took a picture of it for my prior post, because you know that Witness would not mention it)

Those church outfits will have to speak for themselves, and I noticed that some had no comment, in contrast to Hendricks, who did. Still, doesn’t jealousy account for much of the article’s tone, that communities of faith are motivated to have effective distribution channels that far outstrip those of non-faith, those purely secular? Says the article: “Many food banks and other nonprofits have complained that they’re incurring significant, unexpected expenses related to storage and last-mile delivery.” Not to be unfeeling, but whose fault is that? 

Faith, love of brother, and love of neighbor has moved ones of the JW organization to overcome these “unexpected expenses related to storage and last-mile delivery.” The packages I’ve received have been delivered directly to my door, and I have indeed shared some with others who were not recipients. JWs thus set an example showing secular outfits how it can be done. All those outfits need to do is find similar selfless people.

Of course, they do have some. I’ve nothing but praise for secular food relief organizations. But they don’t have such selfless ones in anywhere near the abundance as does the Witness faith-based community, and that is why massive lines have accompanied some distributions—one wonders if in some cases the aid received is not offset by the cost of gasoline in retrieving it. 

In the early days of the pandemic, before monitory relief came from the government that temporarily took the pressure off many, I wrote a check to one of these food banks. I don’t like the idea of people going hungry. I wanted to give, and I did so. Yet, as I did so, I had to come to grips with the certain knowledge that inefficiencies built into such programs would dilute my contribution. It pains me that this is the case. I wish it were not. I wish they could draw upon enough people in the overall community to solve distribution issues—it’s produce, after all—it can’t sit around forever. At heart, the issue is that non-faith does not move people to be selfless to the same extent as does faith, and the article seems to me an expression of jealousy that such is the case. Is it so shocking that that when people of faith give they want to call attention to what implanted that generous spirit within them? The article appears even to have even political overtones, complaining at the perceived shortfalls of a Trump administration program.

Of course, if there are abuses of the system, then someone ought lower the boom on whoever is committing them. “Saving” people in the parking lot, soliciting donations for the program, offering prayer sessions as a condition, things that Witnesses do not do, does sound as though it might violate the spirit or even letter of the program. And are parishioners poor to start with, as JWs in the aggregate are, or are some well-off? All proper matters to look at, it seems. But at present, this looks to me like another article—I have seen many—that highlights the abuses of some churches and by headline suggests that Jehovah’s Witnesses are the worst of them, even though Witnesses steer clear of such shenanigans.

I wouldn’t know just what is the case with “Heather,” whose complaint triggered this article. But I reflect back upon when I was working in a group home that hired a new assistant manager. In short order, I began to feel some heat, and in time I went to the house manager about it. “For some reason, I think she is trying to get me fired,” I told her. The manager thought that unlikely. She asked me why that would be, and I truthfully told her I didn’t know. But I then mentioned that it turns out she and I know hundreds of people in common, for she was once a member of my faith. “Oh,” the manager said, and instantly her tone changed. She said no more, I said no more, and I heard no more, until a week or two later that that asst manager had been discharged. The hostility of some ex-JWs is hard to fathom.

1 hour ago, TrueTomHarley said:

I do get the concern, (not of Witness, for she just wants to deride her rivals) 

Witness’s concern is only to slam JWs,

You are so far from seeing the big picture.  The government provides this food program to any, in need.

Tony Morris holds up a match, snuffs it out and says that all associated with that government, will be "smoke".  All, except those in your man-made fortress, will be "smoke".  This is a confident "boast" made before God.

I am not against JWs; I am against arrogance, lies and greed, which your leaders are so good at concealing, from the eyes of JWs.

It is the arrogant, who take pride in what they have built and put trust in, who will fall.  Amos 6:8; Zech 4:7

"For consider your calling, brothers, that not many were wise according to human standards, not many were powerful, not many were well born. 27 But the foolish things of the world God chose in order that he might put to shame the wise, and the weak things of the world God chose in order that he might put to shame the strong, 28 and the insignificant of the world, and the despised, God chose, the things that are not, in order that he might abolish the things that are, 29 so that all flesh may not boast before God."  1 Cor 1:26-29

In our service group, when an elderly sister remarked on how the brothers had bought this food, the one with oversight told her it was not they—they were just distributing—it was a government program that they had signed on to.

Happened in our service group too. Some older ones thought the same, but it was explained to them. Our congregation received a total of 50 boxes and all were distributed promptly by assigned brothers and volunteers.

there will be others who need it more—and we were told that if that is the case, we could share with neighbors and others. I know of ones who have done this. How many? No idea.

Happened here too. No one wants to waste food. If the box contained half a dozen ears of corn on the cob and you had just bought an armful, the logical thing is to give them away to others who might not have any.

I wouldn’t know just what is the case with “Heather,” whose complaint triggered this article.

I wouldn't know either, but it does sound like she has a chip on her shoulder, as you insinuate.

15 minutes ago, Witness said:

Tony Morris holds up a match, snuffs it out and says that all associated with that government, will be "smoke".  All, except those in your man-made fortress, will be "smoke".  This is a confident "boast" made before God.

You ridiculous woman!

Did he said he was going to do it himself, or is it not rather his expression of faith that God is going to replace human rule of the earth with his kingdom?

23 minutes ago, Witness said:

This is a confident "boast" made before God.

He didn't make it up. It's all in the Bible as you very well know.

2 Thessalonians 1:7-9

7  But you who suffer tribulation will be given relief along with us at the revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven with his powerful angels  8  in a flaming fire, as he brings vengeance on those who do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus. 9  These very ones will undergo the judicial punishment of everlasting destruction from before the Lord and from the glory of his strength.

You ridiculous woman!

Did he said he was going to do it himself, or is it not rather his expression of faith that God is going to replace human rule of the earth with his kingdom?

It is a ridiculous assumption to believe that God’s people are not the first to be judged. (1 Pet 4:17)   Morris quoted from Isaiah 46.

“who from the beginning declares the end,
    and from before, things that have not been done,
who says, ‘My plan shall stand,’
    and, ‘I will accomplish all my wishes,’
11 who calls a bird of prey from the east,
    the man of his plan from a country from afar.
Indeed I have spoken; indeed I will bring it to being.
    I have formed it; indeed I will do it.”

Who is God speaking to in Isaiah 46?  Jacob – Israel.  It is God’s “Israel” today, that is His concern, and who come under judgment before any of the physical nations in the world. As the "new creation" it is they who are the "heavens and the earth".  (2 Pet 3:12,17)  And this "fire" is symbolic.  (Jer 23:29; Hos 6:5; Luke 12:49,51)  Just as Isaiah brings out about Israel’s idols, and how they ‘compared’ them to God, JWs and “Israel” today,  are doing the same thing.  “Jehovah’s spirit-directed organization” is compared as inseparable, with the Almighty God.  You might want to read that entire chapter.  God is inseparable with His Son, and His Temple dwelling in the anointed priesthood.  Anything else that God is linked to by men, is an idol. (1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17; Eph 2:20-22; Rev 5:9,10)

As God has planned, through His Son and Head of the anointed Body of Christ, salvation is in “Zion”, the Temple of God – not in your idol.

“I bring my righteousness near; it is not far.
    And my salvation will not delay;
and I will put salvation in Zion,
    for Israel my glory.”   Isa 46:13

Here are those scriptures I previously posted, which fully support the plan of God in Isaiah 46:10,11

Amos 6:8; Zech 4:6-10

Did you happen join in the laughter once Morris snuffed out the match?  

A message to Israel:

Woe to you who long
    for the day of the Lord!
Why do you long for the day of the Lord?
    That day will be darkness, not light.
19 It will be as though a man fled from a lion
    only to meet a bear,
as though he entered his house
    and rested his hand on the wall
    only to have a snake bite him.
20 Will not the day of the Lord be darkness, not light—
    pitch-dark, without a ray of brightness?    Amos 5

1 hour ago, Witness said:

Woe to you who long
    for the day of the Lord!
Why do you long for the day of the Lord?
    That day will be darkness, not light.
19 It will be as though a man fled from a lion
    only to meet a bear,
as though he entered his house
    and rested his hand on the wall
    only to have a snake bite him.
20 Will not the day of the Lord be darkness, not light—
    pitch-dark, without a ray of brightness?    Amos 5

Oh, for crying out loud!

Never have I seen such endless passages of scripture poured down the drain to no use.

I might believe your stated motive if you did not tirelessly present yourself as one of the true anointed (or perhaps the true anointed) and pounce upon the slightest reference to the priesthood to showcase yourself. Sheesh. Outside of Jehovah’s Witnesses, few even know what anointed is.

If the article is true then JWs were being dishonest. No matter if Tom wishes to write his life story and if Anna supports Tom's stupidity. That, as we know, is the way JWs live. Supporting each others lies and stupidity. CSA / Pedophilia in the JW org is such a good example of that. 

The fact that 'Heather' made it known about how JWs were misusing the government's good will, does not mean Heather has a problem, it means Heather was honest. JWs seem to have a problem with honesty. 

57 minutes ago, 4Jah2me said:

If the article is true then JWs were being dishonest. No matter if Tom wishes to write his life story and if Anna supports Tom's stupidity.

This is a good example of some within the Org going rogue. Therefore, even if the letter was meant as a supporting gesture from some in that local area congregation, the intent is justified even if the food help came from the government. Keep in mind of the intent of a witness not in good standing. 

What malice does she bring to the plate just like any other ex-witness. The gratitude was miss worded that's all. What that letter should have said. Thank Jehovah for giving the government the ability to help us in this time of need when so many are going hungry due to the pandemic. 

Here itself, it can be seen as those that think the Watchtower plays a role in every person, personal life. They don't. Jesus didn't, the apostles didn't, those sent by Jesus didn't. The "act" of the apostles just like Jesus commandments were to make a spiritual guideline in order for each individual to cleanse themselves from their old ways and return to God with a clean and fresh attitude that would lead to their own personal salvation. That is in essence what the Watchtower is about. The key word here is "choice", it hasn't changed since Jesus made it known.

Now keep that in mind when you support and give up votes to people here that are NOT in good standing with their Christian Life and those that say they are skeptic about certain things. Reflect on your own words.

Enjoy your day John!

• Similar Content

• By Bible Speaks
      OUR HUMANITARIAN AID TO THE BROTHERS OF VENEZUELA
      My dear brothers, we are going to help our people who are having a bad time, especially in matters of medicine.
      Last year's experience taught us several things. We already have an old man from Ciudad Bolivar who offers to receive medicines and who is in charge of distributing them to the needy. We will give the information of this brother in private to those who send me a message that they want to send help.
      Small packages by Mail came very well to the brother who received them last year. Any cleaning product can be put into the package and if they ask to specify the contents of the package, we will put on the TOILET ARTICLE, although they also carry medicines. It was also good to send through door-door system agencies, which does not pass through customs.
      It is evident that we can not send all the medicines for all diseases, so we will limit ourselves to the most urgent ones, such as hypertension or painkillers such as Buscopan or Aspirin.
      The brother tells us;
      "good idea to help us, if you need hypertensive, antibiotics, here in Bolivar we have a strong outbreak of malaria and facial treatment is not obtained, it is also needed for depression and for mental problems such as clonazepam rivotril sertralina, there is a sister You need more Buscopan Plus for pain, we appreciate the help you can give us "
      Many brothers and sisters are already asking for information like this sister: "Hello brother Jose I would like to send to the brothers of Venezuela clothes for children and coats If you have the address where you can send please give it to me and also if you know of some means of doing it other than the mail Thank you brother I live in California "
      Brothers and sisters, this is a drop in the ocean of the needs of our people in a country where humanitarian aid is impeded. DO NOT SEND MONEY, that   does not arrive.
      If there are any responsible brothers such as elders or ministers who offer to receive this help, they should tell me urgently and everything will be done in private.
      THANKS TO ALL 

Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.