The World News Media

The Sacred Field Ministry Stopped by a Bad Flu?

Jack Ryan

15 minutes ago, Space Merchant said:

@Srecko Sostar Are you going to address this or not because if the Jehovah's Witnesses were in the wrong for doing such a thing concerning Bible answers, then I am sure people would want to know. Again, that information was from the source you mentioned in the past.

Bible Errors are a problem in the pandemic. That is why those 2 questions are addressed, with reason.

Bible errors have nothing with pandemic. In sense, errors in Bible text are problem in general, not only in pandemic time. :) 

• Views 10.9k
  • Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did it ever occur to you that the early scribes may be have been at fault for leaving out this passage, and that God made sure it was replaced, especially for our sake in the last days?  Read it, and

Can someone explain to me, to whom would it have been advantageous to insert that piece of writing ? 'Religions' have always been about control. That piece of writing was concerning forgiveness.

Not a misstep, they actually tried to change Gods “times and laws”. It finishes in Acts 1:7 when “He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Bible errors have nothing with pandemic. In sense, errors in Bible text are problem in general, not only in pandemic time. :) 

It does actually, if it wasn't pointed out, I would not have such known, even saying it for that matter. It even being brought  was in relation to prosperity preachers and their televangelism. When it comes to people using errors, using it as a truth from Scripture, i.e. Jehovah Warriors, The Baptists, and Black Israelites using Scripture, even false verses (as well as real ones) to preach that God sent the Coronavirus to punish sinners, and or those of sin - The whole hell to pay and ill Judgement type mantra with some of these viewpoints. This also stems to the rise of CRT - and that is a problem.

As per discussion, this is why the 2 questions were addressed when you mention errors, and even Bible errors before, which we are starting with.

That being said, Commission in regards to gospel preaching has not ceased because of the pandemic, but it does give rise to Bible errors used to justify things.

On 8/13/2021 at 7:36 AM, Space Merchant said:

When it comes to people using errors, using it as a truth from Scripture, i.e. Jehovah Warriors, The Baptists, and Black Israelites using Scripture, even false verses (as well as real ones) to preach that God sent the Coronavirus to punish sinners, and or those of sin - The whole hell to pay and ill Judgement type mantra with some of these viewpoints. This also stems to the rise of CRT - and that is a problem.

But of course it was ok for the Watchtower / JW org / GB to misuse the scripture at Romans 13

https://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/superior-authorities.php

The understanding of the “Superior Authorities” of Romans 13:1 is a teaching where Watchtower doctrine has see-sawed back and forth in clear violation of the principle of the light getting brighter.

Up to 1929 1929 to 1962 1962 onwards
“Evil as these Gentile governments have been, they were permitted or “ordained of God” for a wise purpose. (Rom. 13:1)” Studies In the Scriptures Series I - The Divine Plan of the Ages p.250 “The Superior Authorities are the Most High God Jehovah and his exalted Son Jesus Christ.” This Means Everlasting Life (1950) p.197 “The Expression “superior authorities” means the political governments or authorities.” Life everlasting in Freedom of the Sons of God (1966) p.189

Romans 13:1-2 is simple to understand, describing the Christian obligation to follow the laws of the country. This is how it is interpreted by most Christian religions and how Russell explained the Scripture.

Then we have the Locusts. (Copied from a quote by @Witness back 2019 )

“The locusts of Joel Chapter 2 no longer refer to Jehovah's Witnesses and events surrounding 1919. The locusts in Revelation chapter 22 however still do refer to the anointed, but are now no longer connected with the prophecy on Joel. Joel 2 now refers to the "Babylonians", the coalition of nations that will try to destroy God's people. The context of Joel chapter 2 points the time period of fulfilment to Jehovah's Day in the Great Tribulation and how God will save his people.”

That is just two examples of MISUSE of scripture (or lies) from the Watchtower / JW Org / GB / Leaders.

So, if you condemn other religions for misuse of scripture, why do you not also condemn JWs ?

The misuse of scripture by church or organisation leaders is a stumbling block to others. Luke 17 : 1&2. 

3 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

The locusts in Revelation chapter 22 however still do refer to the anointed, but are now no longer connected with the prophecy on Joel.

Was this a quote that I took from the Wt?  Or, are these my words??  It should say Rev. 9, not 22!

13 hours ago, Witness said:

Was this a quote that I took from the Wt?  Or, are these my words??  It should say Rev. 9, not 22!

On 10/6/2019 at 3:35 PM, Jack Ryan said:

The locusts of Joel Chapter 2 no longer refer to Jehovah's Witnesses and events surrounding 1919.

Thanks,  I found the same on reddit:

“The locusts of Joel Chapter 2 no longer refer to Jehovah's Witnesses and events surrounding 1919. The locusts in Revelation chapter 22 however still do refer to the anointed, but are now no longer connected with the prophecy on Joel. Joel 2 now refers to the "Babylonians", the coalition of nations that will try to destroy God's people. The context of Joel chapter 2 points the time period of fulfilment to Jehovah's Day in the Great Tribulation and how God will save his people.”

JWs, see “Live with Jehovah’s Day in Mind” (pg 172,173; par 12, 2006), which refers to that day’s present “truth”, concerning Revelation and Joel’s locusts defined as “God’s people”.  How is it, that the organization’s leaders just recently realize that the locusts in the book of Joel are out to destroy God’s people?  Joel 2:25,27-32   Locusts have never been portrayed as a good thing in the scriptures.  In Revelation, why would God consider His own people as a devastating plague?  

But probably one of the BIGGEST misuse of scripture (or lies) by the BIBLE STUDENTS & GB / JW Org has to be,

THIS GENERATION 

https://avoidjw.org/en/news/this-generation/ 

Since the late 1800s Jehovah’s Witnesses, or Bible Students as they were known back then, have attempted many times to define and interpret ‘This Generation” mentioned in Jesus’ prophecy at Matthew 24:34.  Looking at the evidence, one would have to admit that they have become a false prophet in modern times. Matthew 7:15. They have chosen various dates and amended them numerous times using the same logic to justify the alterations.

The question that needs to be asked of every reader is this: If you can use the same scriptures to present your logic for contradicting theologies, are you not being deceitful and blasphemous? (Mark 7:15, 22) Indeed if you present a biblical idea as fact and it proves false, are you not a liar? – John 8:44.

Changes to “This Generation”

1. 1875:”This Generation” began April 6th 1875.
    (The Midnight Cry and Herald of the Morning – see pp. 71-72 of linked file)
  2. 1878: “This Generation” began in 1878.
    (Herald of the Morning, 1878, July p. 5)
  3. 1879: “This Generation” began in 1840, would last 74 years and would end in 1914.
    (Herald of the Morning, 1879, January p.3)
  4. 1882: “This Generation” refers to Christ being present “before the regeneration” and began in the spring of 1878.
    (Zion’s Watch Tower, 1882, April p. 6; May p. 5)
  5. 1908: “This Generation” will end by October 1914.
    (Zion’s Watch Tower, 1908 January p.3)
  6. 1909: “This Generation” began in 1878 and will terminate in 1914.
    (Zion’s Watch Tower, 1909 February 15 p.57)
  7. 1909: “This Generation” may not end in 1914 but the “Gentile Times” will conclude in October 1914.
    (Zion’s Watch Tower, 1909 December 1 pp. 371-372; Zion’s Watchtower, 1912 July 15 pp. 221-223)
  8. 1912: “This Generation” may not end in 1914 but we still believe that the time could not be very far distant.
    (Zion’s Watch Tower, 1912 October 15 p. 327)
  9. 1916: Admission that 1874, 1878 and 1881 were chronological mistakes upon which they apportion blame to the Lord. However October 1 1914 is unmistakably the end of the Gentile Times.
    (Zion’s Watch Tower 1916 February 1 p. 38)
  10. 1950: ‘This Generation” began in 1914 and applied to the 20th century generation of people.
    (The Watchtower Sep 15 1950 p. 324)
  11. 1952: “This Generation” began in 1914, included overlapping generations of individuals, each generation spanning some 33 years each, and would end with Armageddon happening before some of those living in 1914 had died.
    (The Watchtower Sep 1 1952 pp. 542-543; Feb 15 1953 p.124 para. 35)
  12. 1953: “This Generation” has only a few years remaining.
    (The Watchtower Oct 15 1953 pp. 615-616) Italics added for emphasis.
  13. 1956: Jesus said that the generation that saw 1914 “will by no means pass away until all these things occur.”
    (The Watchtower Oct 15 1956 pp. 615-616) Italics added for emphasis.
  14. 1959: The world events since World War I of 1914-1918 have fulfilled those prophecies. The time has finally come for Jehovah God to clean up the earth and to bring permanent peace to man. The generation living in 1914 will see it.
    (The Watchtower Sep 1 1959 p. 519) Italics added for emphasis.
  15. 1961: “This generation” that is still alive from A.D. 1914 is the generation Jesus said would see “all things occur,” including this world’s end. Deliverance for Jesus’ true followers into God’s new world is due within this generation!”
    (The Watchtower Mar 1 1961 p. 132) Italics added for emphasis.
  16. 1995: “This Generation” refers to both an unbelieving generation of Jews in the first century and to a wicked generation of people in modern times. Furthermore, the length of a “generation” is unimportant. Jehovah’s Witnesses must still consider Armageddon as being imminent and must remain “keeping separate from the evil contemporary generation and zealously doing God’s will.”
    (The Watchtower Nov 1 1995 pp. 10-21)
  17. 2008: “This Generation” refers to both the apostles in the first century and to anointed Jehovah’s Witnesses in modern times. The length of a “generation” remains unimportant. Jehovah’s Witnesses revised understanding “helps to intensify … feelings of urgency.”
    (The Watchtower Feb 15 2008 pp. 21-25).
  18. 2010: “This Generation” continues to refer to both the apostles in the first century and to anointed Jehovah’s Witnesses in modern times. However, although acknowledging that they cannot measure the exact length of “this generation”, its length has become important once again:  its modern length would begin with the generation of anointed Jehovah’s Witnesses who witnessed events in 1914 and would overlap with anointed Jehovah’s Witnesses who would see the start of the Great Tribulation.
    (The Watchtower Apr 15 2010 pp. 10-11 para. 13-14; Jan 15 2014 pp. 30-13 para. 14-16 )

“This Generation” is core to Jehovah’s Witnesses’ doctrine. Additionally, “The Faithful & Discreet Slave” is core to their doctrine. However, these very doctrines constantly change. If the understanding of these doctrines are “gifts” from Jehovah, why do they change? – James 1:16-18.

After reviewing all of the above posts, I needed a way to consolidate and simplify the evidence and the conclusions drawn from that evidence.

I was there and paying attention from 1962 onward ( The Green Bible Era ) so I can put it into a proper perspective from the WTB&TS's viewpoint with a simple illustration.

" Eight old men find a metal drum in their backyard, labeled "DANGER-RADIOACTIVE", and it has the radiation trefoil stenciled on the side.  They roll it around for awhile, and someone says "We need to investigate this!", and they decide to open it.

The open up the barrel and inside is a body, in an advanced state of decomposition, folded so the feet and head are at the opening, with a hangman's noose still around the neck.

Conclusion No. 1 : Obviously a really bad case of Coronavirus.

Conclusion No. 2:  Clearly a case of "Overlapping Cadavers"

Conclusion No. 3: He probably deserved to die, as he had a beard. "

@Space Merchant Now that you said that I remember the thread where Admin did say something before the thread made by John was deleted. TBH, I was angry because back then, I loved my family and to this day I continue to love them. My late uncle was not a Jehovah’s Witness, but he was a firm believe in God and respected what we were doing, preaching the good news, even at times offered aid. In our culture, it is offence for someone to not just speak ill of something in that particular culture, but to speak ill of them as they are dead and buried in death is what angered me at the time. On top of that there was the Ebonics – that thread I believe might still be on this forum somewhere. As to all you said and imaged, I didn’t think that was John until you mentioned angered teen, and the notes you gave about racism.

What was the reason as to why John goes by a new name now? Because I still see Anna’s, Tom’s and your reply and random reactions, and you occasion keep saying "JB".

-----------

Hey good afternoon @Witness, us Jehovah’s Witnesses do follow the Commission. As Jesus commanded, we are preaching the Good News of Jehovah God’s Kingdom around the world. Although we are in the middle of the Coronavirus pandemic, we are still doing just that, as is build up not only our faith, but to those who come to know the Kingdom message, and they very much appreciated that, and what we are doing. As for Porosity preachers, they’re the opposite, for they really do not have preachers, and the heads of the mega church don’t really do anything much. An example of this is what happened in Texas, for them compared to what we did some years ago – truly a difference. This is why my last quote also make the distinction, and to what SM said. Even to this day, Charismatic Christians often speak ill of JWs and anyone who does not believe Jesus to be God. So I take it as to that being the reasoning behind the "Trinity/Commission" question that was asked and as to why Francis Chan was mentioned.

Also, that other bit was kind of weird 0_o. To revel in fleshly things or desires is to openly partake it in. That is kind of the opposite of what we do. I am morally sound.

------------------

@Srecko Sostar, it has nothing to do with activism tho - this is the reason I mentioned "points made in a discussion", no one was an Activist, but rather, gave their points on the issue of child abuse itself, and the visiting student was focused on those 2 points in the discussion related to child abuse. In addition to that was the very reason why I said whenever the topic of sex abuse is brought up, information is given, including insight on the Watchtowers and Awakes relating to the topic. The Bible speaks Christian principles, even going as far as to encourage and or teach others on this - in this case, morality. So, it still would not stop you from talking about it when being in multiple discussions about child abuse. For instance, just in this thread alone, it was brought up, some insight should have been given, so doing nothing could have been made into something. Like I said, our first interaction, you were very vocal about child sex abuse in some congregations.

About Activism, it is the fact of campaigning for policy or action of using vigorous campaigning to bring about change. Activism consists of efforts to promote, impede, direct, or intervene in social, political, economic, legal, or environmental reform with the desire to make changes in society toward a perceived greater good. They can form through mandate building in the community, petitioning elected officials, running, or contributing to a political campaign, preferential patronage (or boycott) of businesses, and demonstrative forms of activism like rallies, street marches, strikes, sit-ins, or hunger strikes.

Understandable. You don't have to be an open person in the general public. But online, you are very open, I can see that, and elsewhere. Alienation, probably not because not only we're aware of sin, we are aware many things, if we were truly "Alienation" we would be oblivious to everything taking place, this goes for problems affecting not a human society, but the general public, mankind as a whole. Reasons for not referring to human societies because every pocket of people are different, sex, race, background, etc. so to equate it to that is a little vague.

My friend, we aren't talking about Activism, or to make change. The issue of morality stems from Scripture even, for if there is a danger, counsel can be given in a discussion about the subject matter.

It does not matter if someone is young or if someone is old - you are on a platform where child abuse is openly discussion even at random, it shouldn't stop you or anyone from providing insight. Perhaps now would be the best time to do so. Like I said, there was only one thread that was Bible heavy on the matter because of discussion, if that can be done, you can do the same, after all, you can create threads as someone on this forum, since you did nothing, you can do something now.

Therefore, you can do something. Does not have to be anything major either. I say this because for some ExJWs they don’t really cover these things.

7 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

But of course it was ok for the Watchtower / JW org / GB to misuse the scripture at Romans 13

https://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/superior-authorities.php

The understanding of the “Superior Authorities” of Romans 13:1 is a teaching where Watchtower doctrine has see-sawed back and forth in clear violation of the principle of the light getting brighter.

Up to 1929 1929 to 1962 1962 onwards
“Evil as these Gentile governments have been, they were permitted or “ordained of God” for a wise purpose. (Rom. 13:1)” Studies In the Scriptures Series I - The Divine Plan of the Ages p.250 “The Superior Authorities are the Most High God Jehovah and his exalted Son Jesus Christ.” This Means Everlasting Life (1950) p.197 “The Expression “superior authorities” means the political governments or authorities.” Life everlasting in Freedom of the Sons of God (1966) p.189

Romans 13:1-2 is simple to understand, describing the Christian obligation to follow the laws of the country. This is how it is interpreted by most Christian religions and how Russell explained the Scripture.

Then we have the Locusts. (Copied from a quote by @Witness back 2019 )

That is just two examples of MISUSE of scripture (or lies) from the Watchtower / JW Org / GB / Leaders.

So, if you condemn other religions for misuse of scripture, why do you not also condemn JWs ?

The misuse of scripture by church or organisation leaders is a stumbling block to others. Luke 17 : 1&2. 

I don't believe we've taken Romans 13 out of context, we do follow laws, but remember, laws and everything pertaining to it varies in different States/Countries, for some actions in, let's say New York City, isn't the same in New Jersey or Florida, vs. some states in the United States vs what you have in the United Kingdom, for if I am not mistaken, variation of laws and rules in different parts of the UK.

As for Romans 13:1-2 (I made this comment a while back on a different forums) - 

An expression at Romans 13 : 1 designating human governmental authorities. That scripture has been variously rendered :  “Let every soul be in subjection to the superior authorities, for there is no authority except by God; the existing authorities stand placed in their relative positions by God.” (NW) “Let every subject be obedient to the ruling authorities, for there is no authority not under God’s control, and under His control the existing authorities have been constituted.” We/Everyone must obey the state authorities, for no authority exists without God’s permission, and the existing authorities have been put there by God.

Jehovah God, though not originating them (compare Mt 4 : 8, 9; 1Jo 5 : 19; Re 13 : 1, 2), has allowed man’s governmental authorities to come into existence, and they continue to exist by his permission. However, when he chooses to do so, Jehovah can remove, direct, or control such authorities in order to accomplish his will. The prophet Daniel declared regarding Jehovah :  “He is changing times and seasons, removing kings and setting up kings.” (Da 2 : 21) And Proverbs 21 : 1 says :  “A king’s heart is as streams of water in the hand of Jehovah. Everywhere that he delights to, he turns it.”— rf. Ne 2 : 3-6; Es 6 : 1-11.

There is Reasons for Christian Subjection

There being no reason for Christians to set themselves in opposition to an arrangement that God has permitted, they have good reason to be in subjection to the superior authorities. Governmental rulers, though they may be corrupt personally, would not normally punish others for doing good, that is, for adhering to the law of the land, for every state/country have different laws; a few that are identical. But a person who engages in thievery, murder, or other lawless acts could expect an adverse judgment from the ruling authority. One guilty of deliberate murder, for instance, might be executed for his crime. Since God authorized capital punishment for murderers after the Flood (Genesis 9 : 6), the human authority, by executing the lawbreaker, would be acting as God’s minister, an avenger to express wrath upon the one practicing what is bad. Romans 13 : 2-4; Titus 3 : 1; 1 Peter 2 : 11-17.

Christian subjection to the superior authorities is not based merely on their ability to punish evildoers. With a Christian, it becomes a matter of conscience. He is submissive to human authorities because he recognizes that this is in harmony with God’s will. (Romans 13 : 5; 1 Peter 2 : 13-15) Therefore, subjection to the superior authorities—to world based political authorities—could never be absolute. It would be impossible for a Christian to preserve a good conscience and do the divine will if he broke God’s law because that is what the political authority demanded. For this reason, subjection to superior authorities must always be viewed in the light of the apostles’ statement to the Jewish Sanhedrin - We must obey God as ruler rather than men.” Acts 5 : 29.

Since the governmental authorities render valuable services to ensure the safety, security, and welfare of their subjects, they are entitled to taxes and tribute in compensation for their services. The governmental authorities can be termed God’s public servants in the sense that they provide beneficial services. (Romans 13 : 6, 7) At times such services have directly assisted God’s servants, as when King Cyrus made it possible for the Jews to return to Judah and Jerusalem and rebuild the temple. (2 Chronicles 36 : 22, 23; Ezra 1 : 1-4) Often the benefits are those shared by all from the proper functioning of the authorities. These would include the maintenance of a legal system to which persons can appeal for justice, protection from criminals and from illegal mobs, and so forth. Php. 1 : 7; Acts 21 : 30-32; 23 : 12-32.

Of course, a ruler who misuses his authority is accountable to God. Wrote the apostle Paul -   “Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but yield place to the wrath; for it is written -   ‘Vengeance is mine; I will repay, says Jehovah.’” - Roman 12 : 19; Ecclesiastes 5 : 8.

As for the Locust bit, if I were you, I would check out the references, for it better helps to understand it. If I remember correctly, Witness argument was that the Locust did not represent the Anointed. If the thread you are talking about where SM and Witness were in a Kickboxing match about, those statements made vs what you mention now might be contradictive.

As for your 2 points:

I don't think there was a misuse of Scriptures, mainly if you read between the lines. So us being in subjection to the law has not changed, in fact, people we minister to recognizes that because they are aware of authorities and God's view of things.

He isn't talking about Religion, he is talking about groups, and often times they preach that God creates evil, resulting in people blaming God for creating badness and or the death of loved ones, and other problems in the world. Verses often used for example would be Habakkuk 1:5-11. 

We preach that God does not create evil, in fact, we often use James 1:13, to show people that God is not reasonable for these bad things.

We also do not use forged or not inspired text, this is why SM essentially "entrapped" you with "Textual Criticism-sque" questions. In his eyes, he practically baited indirectly baited you into saying something about omitted verses, which allowed him to prove his point about omitted verses and former JWs.

He didn't condemn us because he knows we already know the answer to both those questions, that is why no one said anything and just watched - it was a clever move. Just to help you and Srecko out, I'll answer both because for him, he knew both of you would avoid answering.

18 minutes ago, Equivocation said:

Hey good afternoon @Witness, us Jehovah’s Witnesses do follow the Commission. As Jesus commanded, we are preaching the Good News of Jehovah God’s Kingdom around the world.

Hello  Equivocation,

If you are preaching the "good news" around the world, why did Jesus say these words...

"When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel Matt 10:23 before the Son of Man comes."  Matt 10:23

On 8/12/2021 at 11:57 AM, Space Merchant said:

It still does not excuse the New Thought slander. I mean, you did cite Restorationism yourself.

That being said, Basic knowledge in regards to the Bible and the history of Christianity, we can stick with that, especially concerning JWs - we can go with the Bible first. And the fact you bring this up, reminds me of what you stated a while back regarding the Jehovah's Witnesses version of the Bible concerning error - I guess we can start with that, with just 2 questions.

My response to you:

NOTE: Jehovah's Witnesses were spoken of as committing various errors because of their New World Translation (NWT) of the Bible, and they teach that their action on this was because the errors were considered not inspired, hence 2 Timothy 3:16 (All scripture is given by inspiration of God). Not only they were spoken of as removing part of verses, but in their translation, removing a verse/passage entirely.

Concerning errors -  [1] can you explain to me why the Jehovah's Witnesses removed Gospel of John 7:53–8:11 from their translation of the Bible and some have not? Let alone change parts (Partial Verses Omitted) of a verse?

That passage isn't the only example, but we have a few others, as seen below:

image.png

image.png

Also they were spoken of as in error for verses like Acts 7:59, 60 and the verses in Matthew, it was even addressed here - 

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/161040/acts-7-59

[2] Why did the Jehovah's Witnesses make this change to the 2 verses?

image.png

@Srecko Sostar I see why he asked you both those questions, it was based on not why us Jehovah's Witnesses use a translation that omits the verses in question, but rather, to make a distinction between people who knows about what is in the inspired text and what is not in the inspired text. So, since both you and @Patiently waiting for Truth are former Jehovah's Witnesses, even Witness - those were got ‘cha questions, this is why I said to @Patiently waiting for Truth he technically entrapped you both into Textual questions.

Space Merchant said -

NOTE: Jehovah's Witnesses were spoken of as committing various errors because of their New World Translation (NWT) of the Bible, and they teach that their action on this was because the errors were considered not inspired, hence 2 Timothy 3:16 (All scripture is given by inspiration of God). Not only they were spoken of as removing part of verses, but in their translation, removing a verse/passage entirely.

The answer to that note is: Those who consider later additions in the Scriptures, the majority, to be true, but in reality, to a degree they’re in error/incorrect. This accusation is prominently from Triune Believers, Preachers, and of course, Property Preachers since they were mentioned here. Those images, which he said, he pulled from the apostate website known as JWfacts concerning the NWT. The only reason the NWT is talked down by them is because it was produced by Jehovah's Witnesses, reasons why the JWFacts images compare other translations to give the reader an idea, in their eyes, why Jehovah's Witnesses are wrong. In reality, most people we come into contact who knows the history about the Bible, are aware about omitted verses and understand as to why we didn’t include the verse in the NWT.

His first question - 

On 8/12/2021 at 11:57 AM, Space Merchant said:

Concerning errors -  [1] can you explain to me why the Jehovah's Witnesses removed Gospel of John 7:53–8:11 from their translation of the Bible and some have not? Let alone change parts (Partial Verses Omitted) of a verse?

The answer to that is that we are not in the wrong, same with the majority. He said "Textual Analytics” and “Hermeneutics” so that plays a part in the questions asked and gives one an idea as to what he is attempting to do by asking you.

John 7:53-8:11 isn’t inspired text - The Adulterous Woman (Pericope de Adultera) - John7:53–8:11 isn't Bible Canon/ is unauthentic, making it, viewed by most, as spurious and false; an exaggerated story. From what I’ve gathered, there are 267 Greek manuscripts, which are the earliest versions, and are considered the most important by Textual Analysts and or those who follow and are well-versed in Textual Criticism, would point out that none of those 267 contain this passage about the Adulterous Woman. Newer Bible translations that were compiled, and wrote after the more ancient manuscripts were discovered, either omit/remove the passage or add a note or reference along with the passage, stating it was not found in the more ancient manuscripts.

Like this passage, this is the same case for Mark 15:28 and Luke 17:36. Verses, such as Matthew 18:11; 23:14; Luke 17:36 are missing in the NWT used by Jehovah’s Witnesses. These verses are, as pointed out, not in the Common Bible. The reason is because these verses do not belong in the Bible even though many older translations included them. The original manuscripts of the “New Testament” books (the Christian Greek Scriptures) are not available today for use by translators. No one has discovered a Bible book autographed, as it were, by the apostles Paul, John, or others. Yet it is evident that soon after the originals were written, copies began to be made for use by the early Christians. The later copies, those farthest from the originals, tended to have more mistakes, not to mention the weak evidence regarding these types of verses - which brings us to the verses in question.

@Patiently waiting for Truth It is only strange at face value, but if you paid attention as to why he even brought up Textual Analytics, the answer would have been obvious, even if the parts were taken from another book to be “added” elsewhere, it is uninspired.

Same thing with Revelation 1:11, which it was “changed” to make it seem as though Jesus Christ is God, in the NWT and some Bibles, you see the original compared to the changed verse, the image displays that perfectly.

Space Merchant’s 2nd question is

Also, they were spoken of as in error for verses like Acts 7:59, 60 and the verses in Matthew, it was even addressed here - [2] Why did the Jehovah's Witnesses make this change to the 2 verses?

The answer to that is there wasn’t much of a change, like the first question. The argument was pushed by those who believe Jesus is God and since those images are from former Jehovah’s Witnesses, it looks as though they share that same view because of the word “God” which was added to the verse. The fact it is nowhere to be found in the NWT, resulted in the heavy criticism from Triune believers and ExJWs.

Those 2 questions were relatively easy. Seeing that no one was going to answer that, I just decided to say something. I guess you can say I did a solid for both of you.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.