The World News Media

Are JWs in America back on the 'door to door' work now ?

Patiently waiting for Truth

2 minutes ago, Space Merchant said:

Although a Seer and a Prophet are similar in some aspects, they are different, but if anything, a Seer is mostly the type to discern things. Another thing to note is that in olden times Prophets previously used to be referred to as Seers.

Now put this into intent within spirituality.

• Views 40.7k
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

…..  

This is exactly the point. Thanks. The Watchtower has ALWAYS turned the generation into a zone of dates. When the Watchtower's previous zone of dates was no longer tenable, there was an excellent oppo

Yes. If you don’t forgive and put it behind you, you never heal. You are forever rehashing your injury. In close to 50 years with Jehovah’s earthly organization, the supportive benefits have far excee

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Dmitar said:

You're talking about physical abilities. No one today has those abilities to heal and to raise the dead. Does that mean, God does not give anyone spiritual insight?

Essentially what I told Witness concerning the difference of those who are Prophets Inspired vs Prophets Not Inspired. Although both have Spiritual Insight, only the Prophets Inspired had such abilities to heal and raise the dead, even have visions, etc.

What I do not understand is the mainstream idea that such things people assume those Inspired still exist despite the very history of Christianity refuting the claim itself.

2 minutes ago, Dmitar said:

You of all people here should have the intelligence to understand what is meant by different gifts.

This was mentioned in a response to Witness.

Pages 39-41

2 minutes ago, Dmitar said:

Now put this into intent within spirituality.

Although alluded to Seers also, I believe this was said concerning those who are under God's Will and Purpose.

But as mentioned, the latter adhere to the Mainstream Ideology, which does not reflect with what is written, nor the history itself concerning Christianity.

But I left them with a question to name someone who is indeed inspired, and still, no answer was given.

That being said, those who claim to be inspired, are the ones to kid themselves when such went out with the last Prophet Inspired who outlived everyone, Paul, Peter, those of Pentecost, etc.

9 minutes ago, Space Merchant said:
23 minutes ago, Dmitar said:

A SEER

Someone who who is under God's divine Will, having the ability to discern, have insight, to see and understand things the common person cannot, and or the general public, to perceive a hidden truth about things. They also offer counsel if need be.

23 minutes ago, Dmitar said:

A PROPHET

The reason this matters is because the first entrepreneur of the Bible is Pharaoh’s daughter, who withdrew a small prophet from the Bank of the Nile.

It all fall apart if she withdraws a small seer.

Think people.

Otherwise, why would scripture mention in Acts 6:3

Brothers and sisters, choose seven men from among you who are known to be full of the Spirit and wisdom. We will turn this responsibility over to them New Living Translation And so, brothers, select seven men who are well respected and are full of the Spirit and wisdom.

Does this mean they possess the same spirit?

How about Matthew 24:45

Matthew 24:45, NIV: "Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time?

Do people honestly believe they shouldn't be under a different gift as responsible people?

4 minutes ago, Space Merchant said:

Although alluded to Seers also, I believe this was said concerning those who are under God's Will and Purpose.

But as mentioned, the latter adhere to the Mainstream Ideology, which does not reflect with what is written, nor the history itself concerning Christianity.

Then you should mention the differences instead of telling the visitor there is no such thing as spiritual gifts when you are talking about literal abilities. To different issues.

11 minutes ago, Space Merchant said:

But I left them with a question to name someone who is indeed inspired, and still, no answer was given.

So, you don't believe the bible is the "inspired" word of God just to remove yourself from your error like @JW Insider How does this gem square with people using a false tool in Christianity, then?

18 minutes ago, Dmitar said:

Then you should mention the differences instead of telling the visitor there is no such thing as spiritual gifts when you are talking about literal abilities. To different issues.

The alluding was quite obvious, as for where I quoted myself. It came from a thread concerning False Prophets.

12 minutes ago, Dmitar said:

So, you don't believe the bible is the "inspired" word of God just to remove yourself from your error like @JW Insider How does this gem square with people using a false tool in Christianity, then?

I quoted the Word to be inspired several times, however, there was a time Bible tampering did exist and they had won out, only for Textual Criticism to come into play. That is why I told Srecko the following concerning early and later sources.

Well the reality is, Mainstream Christendom have and continue to use this as a tool to the truth itself for the majority are KJV-Onlyist who believe Jesus to be God when the Scriptures does not even suggest that.

But as mentioned it all points back to 325AD, and evidently the issue with the Bible Translations later on.

If I recall, JWI is aware of this, concerning the birth of the Trinity Doctrine, as is the creation of the KJV, along with Bibles that use a later source, which caused confusion to many.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.