The World News Media

Are JWs in America back on the 'door to door' work now ?

Patiently waiting for Truth

@Witness We know the difference between a prophet inspired and a prophet not inspired. Still - No one after John, not even his students, had the ability to profess visions, have a prophet level of prophesying, miraculous gifts, etc. So you, myself, everyone here, the Jehovah's Witnesses as is others in the Abrahamic Faith, on both factions, are not prophets inspired, and or has any ability of that nature of what Prophets of old as is followers of Christ were capable of doing, anyone who claims such, well, one can call upon the words of Apostle Paul, Galatians 1:1-11. Moreover, those who make claim often than not are affiliated with Spiritism and or Demonic Forces, as is those who claim they can speak to or bring back the dead like that of the Christ. Likewise with those who said they had visions of Heaven and or Hell (which can be contributed to revelations from fallen ones, rebellious angels) - hence the verse in the same passage:

But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

It is also noted if Prophets Inspired existed after Apostle John, we would never have the situation with Constantine the Great, or what any of the Church Fathers did. We would not be having revised Bibles, for an Inspired Prophet can simply get everything together accordingly. There would not be a need for denominations or the Anti-Trinitarian vs Trinitarian factions, for a Prophet Inspired would definitely remedied that, essentially a single flock, the spiritual house of the chosen and the followers against the world itself.

This was addressed to you before in a discussion, the distinction between the 2 is noticeable.

On 11/14/2018 at 1:09 PM, Space Merchant said:

An inspired prophet possesses the miraculous gift of prophesy, inspired and infallible utterance and predictions, as proof they are having the Holy Spirit, of which we can see with Elijah and Elisha - you also already mentioned Moses, who is an inspired Prophet who does indeed have the miraculous gifts. For this is 1 of 9 miraculous gifts that is of the spirit, manifestations of the spirit and is indeed infallible as can be read in the Scriptures itself 1 Corinthians 12:8-10, Luke 4:18 and Romans 3:1, 2 for example.

A normal, Spirit led Prophet who is clearly not inspired and not infallible have the gifts of the spirit regarding prophesying. It is regarded as dominant, the ability for one to profess in spreading the good news gospel of the Kingdom and the Messianic Age of the coming Christ, such of which gives evidence of the holy spirit's role as seen in Scripture, Matthew 24:14, Luke 4:18, Acts 2:18, 19 and Romans 12:6-8. Such ones with spiritual gifts have that is of what is cultivated, or cultivated gifts as some would say.

An inspired prophet's message is inspired, like that of a breathe of God himself, therefore infallible. God is the primary source of the message and the author of the message granted the Word came from him. The written work itself in it's original form is both sacred and inspired. As the verses,

• 2 Timothy 3:16 - All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

For prophets inspired by God have verbal communication through even that of angels, visions that puts forth God's message to those who hear it, they have dreams or night visions that is seen by them even in their sleep, and can convey a message even by means of a trance, other times through songs of praise that contribute to a prophet receiving communication that is divine (Exodus 9:1; Amos 3:3-8; Jonah 3:1, 2)

A prophet that isn't inspired and is not infallible in the message knows isn't the author of anything other than the Bible, they recognize that what they produce is of their own design but remain faithful to the Scriptures in of itself, this includes ALL Bible Translations because none of the translators or transliteratiors are not inspired, the very reason that most, if not all, tend to make revisions after revisions, example like you not knowing (but have used already) what the TR 1245 is and unaware that all translations, even that of JWs, have been revised, thus omitting anything related to the TR 1245, hence my clear view and adherence on Textual Criticism.

A not inspired prophet, or in this case, a normal prophet is encouraged by God's Word, if not, even moved by it. They show and express a genuine love for God and are moved to take action, just as those of old and our church fathers have. They are guided by God by means of influence and thinking, and our speech as with actions by means of the power of His Spirit and His Word, as can be evident by Matthew 13:11, 24:14.

These are the notable figures in the 2nd Century, I've already mention the students of Apostle John to @Patiently waiting for Truth - Ignatius of Antioch and Polycarp.

• There's Church Father/Bishop Irenaeus of Lyons, who he himself is a student of Polycarp.  
  • Papias
  • Aristides
  • Barnabas
  • Shepherd of Hermas
  • II Clement
  • Justin Martyr
  • Tatian
  •  Athenagoras
  • Theophilus of Antioch
  • Theodotus of Byzantium

NOTE: Tertullian is 3rd century, however, concerning Polycarp, he attested that Polycarp was appointed by John, hence why he is seen as a student/disciple of John himself. Likewise with Irenaeus, who said the same thing to a similar effect.

None of them were to be seen and or believed to be Prophets Inspired, for if that were the case, as mentioned, The Church would have not been infiltrated and or attacked from the inside out, nor would the events of Constantine, and later, Theodosius, would ever take effect.

The Apostolic Church would have been like that of a Fortress, from then, into Present Day, into Tribulations times and eventually, God's Day which is Near.

• Views 40.7k
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

…..  

This is exactly the point. Thanks. The Watchtower has ALWAYS turned the generation into a zone of dates. When the Watchtower's previous zone of dates was no longer tenable, there was an excellent oppo

Yes. If you don’t forgive and put it behind you, you never heal. You are forever rehashing your injury. In close to 50 years with Jehovah’s earthly organization, the supportive benefits have far excee

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, Witness said:

About prophesy, none of us should say with "absolute certainty", that prophesy has ceased.  If we do, we have exalted ourselves above the power and ability of the Father.  We are suggesting that we know His plan. 

Just like the prophets and seers of old, do you think God has stopped giving humanity that same ability if things are still ongoing as you state?

Would you recognize a "seer" if he was showing you a sign?

19 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

If there are translations that translate some things (very) differently, then the problem is where? In translation teams? Or in readers and interpreters?

Quite simple, The Early Sources, then you have the Later Sources, for which some of them contain text that is not inspired, rather, are simple narratives, we've been through this several times already, i.e. The Adulterous Woman narrative, Acts 8:37, etc. As is with Hebrew and Greek Strong's.

This also connects to Prophets Inspired and the ones Not Inspired.

1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:

If there are translations that translate some things (very) differently, then the problem is where? In translation teams? Or in readers and interpreters?

This would be a good reason to leave translation to scholars and people with excellent bible knowledge, not someone trying to interpret someone else's interpretation. This is why linguist is important.

5 minutes ago, Dmitar said:

This would be a good reason to leave translation to scholars and people with excellent bible knowledge, not someone trying to interpret someone else's interpretation. This is why linguist is important.

On what basis do biblical scholars explain religious concepts? Based on the text, I guess. Or based on their personal spiritual feeling? Who should give the text to the scholars? Translators and linguists, I guess.  Historians and archaeologists could provide additional information about people and events from the time when the events in the text took place.

On 3/17/2022 at 7:51 PM, Space Merchant said:

Acts 2 is in regards to Pentecost, not anything pertaining to after the death of John. The fact you didn't understand what was conveyed showed that for someone who is patiently waiting for truth, makes no effort to understand Scriptures concerning the difference between Prophets Inspired and Prophets Not Inspired.

I totally disagree with you on this point, and You have no more 'guidance' from YHWH or Yeshua than I do. 

Why you pretend to know so much more I cannot understand. 

Acts 2 : 17, in my opinion, will have a much greater fulfilment when the True Anointed Remnant are given a boost of Holy Spirit from YHWH through Yeshua.  

Because without that, all of us are just fumbling in the dark.  Remember the Ten men clinging to the robe of a Jew. 

It seems that you, just like @TrueTomHarley have no faith in the things unseen. 

What gives you the authority to say that these things will not happen ?

Go careful SM, you may find yourself talking against God and Christ. 

1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:

On what basis do biblical scholars explain religious concepts? Based on the text, I guess. Or based on their personal spiritual feeling? Who should give the text to the scholars? Translators and linguists, I guess.  Historians and archaeologists could provide additional information about people and events from the time when the events in the text took place.

It starts with the linguist. Those that are capable of translation. However, you need not be a scholar to achieve that goal. For the same reason, when something new is found in archaeology, revisions are made if it's necessary to revise the understanding of the writing intent of a particular author. Comparisons are made to justify the context.

5 minutes ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

Acts 2 : 17, in my opinion, will have a much greater fulfilment when the True Anointed Remnant are given a boost of Holy Spirit from YHWH through Yeshua.  

Can I ask what you believe implies with the context is in Acts 2:17? Peter preaches to the crowd!

Now, can Joel 2:28 be applied long with the proverbs in Proverbs 1:23. How about 1 Corinthians 12:10, 28

It seems that most people on here lack real faith in YHWH and through Yeshua. 

I think Space Merchant is treading a very dangerous path for himself, but why would he ?

Well why do the GB of the Watchtower tread that same path ? It's all to do with 'power' and control.

Some people do not want to accept that Yeshua has been given all authority in Heaven and on Earth. 

Yeshua could send angels to give messages to True Anointed ones if Yeshua so wishes. 

Yeshua could send the Holy Spirit from God to True Anointed ones if Yeshua so wishes. 

Miracles have not ceased, and will not cease. 

Yes I AM, Patiently waiting for Truth. 

But I'm NOT pretending that I know more that others. 

9 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

There is no scripture that says  prophesy has ceased. This scripture you quoted, said by a prophet of God and member of the Body of Christ, is not saying anything about it.  In fact, I gave scriptures that proves there would be a prophet to come to God's chosen priests, in the last days.  (Matt 17:11; Rev 11:1-3)(1 Pet 2:5,9,10; 1 Cor 3:16,17)  Only men are saying there are no "inspired" prophets, which shows they are bold enough to check the hand of God.  Every anointed priest is inspired, and among them are prophets.  (Rom 5:5; 2 Cor 1:21; 1 John 2:27)

"Now there are different gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 There are different ministries, but the same Lord. 6 And there are different activities, but the same God works all of them in each person. 7 A manifestation of the Spirit is given to each person for the common good: 8 to one is given a message of wisdom through the Spirit, to another, a message of knowledge by the same Spirit, 9 to another, faith by the same Spirit, to another, gifts of healing by the one Spirit, 10 to another, the performing of miracles, to another, prophecy, to another, distinguishing between spirits, to another, different kinds of tongues, to another, interpretation of tongues. 11 One and the same Spirit is active in all these, distributing to each person as he wills."  

"Now you are the body of Christ, and individual members of it.  And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, next miracles, then gifts of healing, helping, leading, various kinds of tongues."  1 Cor 12

Sadly, you feel people could be inspired by demonic spirits, but not by the Holy Spirit from God. To say that prophecy is a gift eliminated from the Body of Christ, means that you believe a vital member of Jesus is not needed.

"But as it is, God has arranged each one of the parts in the body just as He wanted." 

Not by what men want.

"19 And if they were all the same part, where would the body be? 20 As it is, there are many parts, but one body. 21 The eye cannot say to the hand, “I don’t need you!” Or again, the head can’t say to the feet, “I don’t need you!”  1 Cor 12

Prophets from God are spiritual "seers".  Do you really believe that God would eliminate an "eye" of the Body of Christ?

"And he himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers, 12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, to build up the body of Christ, 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of God’s Son, growing into maturity with a stature measured by Christ’s fullness."  Eph 4

There is not a category mentioned in God's word, where a prophet of God would not be inspired by Holy Spirit, since an anointing is the inspiration of Holy Spirit, coming upon an individual to begin with. 

The definition by God is straightforward and simple, which also helps us identify the false prophets.

18 I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers. I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him. 19 I will hold accountable whoever does not listen to my words that he speaks in my name. 20 But the prophet who presumes to speak a message in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods—that prophet must die.’ 21 You may say to yourself, ‘How can we recognize a message the Lord has not spoken?’ 22 When a prophet speaks in the Lord’s name, and the message does not come true or is not fulfilled, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him.  Deut 18:18-22

"Indeed, the Lord God does nothing
without revealing His counsel
to his servants the prophets."  Amos 3:7

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.