The World News Media

Are JWs in America back on the 'door to door' work now ?

Patiently waiting for Truth

19 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

It's called reading comprehension John.

19 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

John - You are a former Witness

Quite funny that you like to use my name but you hide behind a 'mask'. 

Oh well whatever gives you that little satisfaction SM. 

And I'm sure you told me that you are a Unitarian, don't think I dreamt it. 

• Views 40.7k
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

…..  

This is exactly the point. Thanks. The Watchtower has ALWAYS turned the generation into a zone of dates. When the Watchtower's previous zone of dates was no longer tenable, there was an excellent oppo

Yes. If you don’t forgive and put it behind you, you never heal. You are forever rehashing your injury. In close to 50 years with Jehovah’s earthly organization, the supportive benefits have far excee

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

“Short time remaining" , "Short time left" "The end of this system is so very near" 

Did you not say (about 2 years ago) that you expect the end within 5 years? Or was it 10? (I think it was 5, leaving you only 3 for wiggle room.

12 minutes ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

Direct quotes from that article. and that was written in 1974. 

Yeah, it’s called not knowing the immediate future.

But when Quinn the true Eskimo gets here everybody’s gonna want a dose.

Not with standing the foolishness coming from uneducated former Jehovah's Witnesses, It would be nice if current Jehovah's Witnesses didn't demonstrate the same.

*** w71 4/1 p. 214 Preach God’s Kingdom with the Right Viewpoint ***
In modern times, among the many examples that might be cited is that of the young American couple that had settled down in a fine home and were planning to raise a family. Then one day the husband came home and said to his wife: ‘Just what difference is there between us and the people of Christendom? We are contenting ourselves with mere token service when there is nothing to keep us from being in the full-time ministry. Let’s quit our secular jobs, sell our home and enter the full-time pioneer ministry.’ His wife gulped, for she had been looking forward to the joys of motherhood, to bearing and rearing a number of children. But she went to Jehovah in prayer and asked his help. And he did help her. So they entered the pioneer ministry and in a few years were invited to attend the Gilead missionary school. For some years now they have been very joyful serving as missionaries in a South American country.

*** w67 2/1 Servants of God Full Time ***
7. (a) Why did a brother on the West Coast of the United States sell his home to enter the pioneer work? (b) What blessings have he and his wife enjoyed since then?

I'm beginning to think witnesses here weren't that effective back in their prime as God's Servants.

18 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Yes, it is well said that we should wait for more information. But let’s also keep in mind that future information can be selective. So perhaps we may not know exactly what the contents of the drone are.

The MSM is selective. Finding the truth in the matter, isn't.

I took the time to actually see what the Croatian people have been saying, although some got confused of who owned the Drone, such as yourself and what the BBC attempted to claim, some from your country gave more insight, so much so, in regards to who shot it down is in affiliation with NATO and issue with Anti-Air locks failing; hence the disappointments, Croatian police also assume it to be Russian, but it isn't despite the fact there is a lot of finger pointing. Some of them assumed it could be in association with a False Flag just to get others involved in the War itself.

18 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Speaking of such a comment, I would add that it can be applied to the topic of 1975 too. What if GB and some others individuals provide selective information about the real events in the 1970s?

It wouldn't make sense to apply because a Religious Institution isn't the MSM, nor do they hold any affiliation with the MSM to even attest to selective information concerning what Matthew 24 and 25 pertains to.

This is why it is already concluded the situation of 1975 and the events around it, ever since the book released in 1966 since that is also connected came down to speculation and human errors based on their own understanding instead of context. This was addressed several times already; seems you are asking the same as a parallel this time.

6 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

As a Christian I will keep calm here.

The random ALL CAPs suggests otherwise.

BUT That article from a May 1974 Kingdom Ministry IS encouraging people to sell their houses and give up their 'lifestyle' to pioneer BECAUSE of the so called 'short time remaining' before Armageddon.

Short time pertains to why Matthew 24 and 25 as is 1 John 2:17 was even cited, it seems to me you haven't read either chapter, or take in the context of Apostle John's words. Christians are aware that the End is indeed Near, so they make the effort to do what they need to do for The Great Commission itself, which is not uncommon because of the last Great Awakening period in the 60s and 70s. Great Awakenings are of Christian history, by the way, for someone of your age, I guess aside from reading comprehension, history should be added to the list.

Nowhere in that 1974 article it shows even attests to God's Day. If you simply got that from wicked end, as is ignore not only the verses cited, but the other parts in that same archived article, it shows you are leaning towards the speculative narrative, hence the claim you've adopted by the latter.

The Bible is clear that time is indeed short. Even the Devil himself knows Time is short, in addition, there is much one can do with the life that God has given them, so if they are dedicated to the Commission, they'll do so, moreover, as already pointed out there were some among them who speculated although the claim of God's Day was never even attested to.

That being said, the verse is pretty clear - The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.

Lines up with what the Christ says also.

Lastly, it would not make sense for JWs to even alluded to God's Day because The Commission was still ongoing. As mentioned to @Pudgy if the JWs did exactly as what was mentioned in Matthew 24 concerning 1975, prior to that year they would not be out there at all, hence the context of what Jesus said about the gospel work, it ceasing, and then the end itself actually comes, God's Day. A separation of Sheep and Goat would not even transpire such a short time either.

It was all hype.

Of course, for some speculated from the things they heard, came to their own conclusions.

And if they did not believe that Armageddon would happen in 1975, then why were they encouraging this irresponsible behavior of their congregants.

Not all of them believed God's Day to occur on 1975, only those who speculated, hence why the human error remark was addressed later on, as is the mention of arguments among the JW faith.

Gospel preaching zeal for all faiths around the 60s and 70s was high, hence Great Awakening, the fourth and final one. All of these Awakenings, the Christian zeal is lit up like a fire for a period of years.

When it didn't happen many people found themselves in a bad position without jobs or money to live on. 

Not everyone, as for the latter statement one can assume; the job market isn't as bad in the 60s-80s compared to the mid-90s to now.

7 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

"Short time remaining" , "Short time left" "The end of this system is so very near" 

Matthew 24 and 25, 1 John 2:17 with all references. As is all followers of the Christ even attest to the little time we have. This isn't something new or outlandish, therefore, time is indeed short.

Direct quotes from that article. and that was written in 1974. 

We can see that, but nothing in there attest to God's Day legitimately being 1975, and the other factor that disqualifies that is people were still adhering to the Commission, for Jesus is the one who will give word to cease prior to End Time Tribulations, and evidently, his return, marking God's Day.

The irony here is everyone, although the differences, tend to alluded to the word of Christ concerning God's Word, and all of a sudden, it becomes irrelevant for a known reason, the reason is obvious.

Truther ? I think not. Denier more like. 

Don't even know the term. What makes this remark more laughable because last I checked, the LGBTQ community duped you easily with an NYT article.

And yes, I don't mind doing a call back for that one concerning your defense.

They even encourage us today to get rid of large mortgages in order to pioneer. Nothing has changed since 1974. 

If people sold everything and later were sorry it is because they themselves acted irrationally.

Today - we are still encouraged to scale material things down as much as possible.... yet each one must decide about their situation. 

Quite funny that you like to use my name

Because that is your name. John Butler. I always have called you that after deducing who you were when you went by the name 4Jah2me. The mannerisms have not changed.

you hide behind a 'mask'. 

I don't hide behind a mask, this is how I am. This is how I speak even.

If you want to play the mask game, last I checked, you had several accounts/names (John Butler, john butler II; 4Jah2me), pretending you are not who you truly are; you even played the alluding game when asked several times or when someone drew suspicion. You do this more so because of fear for Admin (who isn't as religious, but tolerates us), but he has no reason to take action against you after you learned from your last lesson. At least the other guy isn't too shy about his last tenures or shy away from it, as you do.

That being said, I can do call backs, so be wise next time before you make a remark. @Pudgy often makes remarks about Superman/Clark Kent and how easily one can deduce who he is, likewise, people can do the same for you, even though you tried to mask it, as seen below here (among MANY examples)

On 3/22/2020 at 7:32 AM, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

Kind of funny really because John Butler mentioned about the GB being removed and he got D/fed from here for it. 

Seriously, you are not around the age to be playing games like this, and you aren't the first to do such a thing, of which people can deduce and call out.

Oh well whatever gives you that little satisfaction SM. 

But it is the truth - you are John Butler; often Clark Kenting and speaking in 3rd person, as seen in the above example among many. You rarely reaction whenever I refer to you as Mr. Butler, but only now because you tried to play a game of which is easily shot down.

And I'm sure you told me that you are a Unitarian, don't think I dreamt it. 

Biblical Unitarian, at least be specific. I never told you directly, it was only mentioned to you when you assumed I was part of the Interfaith, twice. The other time, you assume I was a Muslim for knowing a bit of history, when I am not.

I never asked you for dreams, but if that is how roll with whatever weird fantasy you adhere to, I do not care to be part of it.

3 minutes ago, Arauna said:

They even encourage us today to get rid of large mortgages in order to pioneer. Nothing has changed since 1974. 

If people sold everything and later were sorry it is because they themselves acted irrationally.

Today - we are still encouraged to scale material things down as much as possible.... yet each one must decide about their situation. 

These points were made, as for the claims made pertaining to 1975, it does not make sense because of the verses in question, and that the Commission was not stopped by the Christ. There is a time when the gospel work will stop, clearly, what the others ignore to see, is around the 60s and 70s, and onward, people continue the Great Commission of the gospel preaching concerning the Messianic Age that is to come.

What also amazes me is they also ignore the fact that even in the Bible, it attest to time being short, even the Devil knows time is short, moreover, Jesus and his followers have mentioned that the End is Near, in Jesus' case, he gave us an idea due to the Signs.

That being said, the irony also is that there seems to be some who have a slight defense of material gain over zeal for God's Promise.

5 hours ago, Pudgy said:

If your failed predictions need more “wiggle room”, the hole you have dug can be backfilled without “Weasel Room”.

At least it was not the World War III one that was around 1974-1975 which really got people going, aside from the comet hitting earth, noted as a Judgement from God, by some, that is, if did happen according to claim.

The fourth Great Awakening for Christianity in the 60s to 70s was quite a wild ride.

@Arauna Gospel Preaching won't be the same for you in the New Normalcy. This is what I told @ApostaBabe Linda James and @BroRando.

I also mention that there are challenges for people going forward. COVID-19 isn't gone, and the governments didn't give up power themselves although politicians lessen the restrictions, so it is a temporary rest until things get more serious, and what I said about the 4th procedure, they are slowly pushing that narrative while the Ukraine-Russia situation is taking place, hence distracting people.

As for the New Normalcy, people have become increasing violent and have ill intent. Not sure how your faith community deals with that, unless you are aware enough for situational awareness.

As in violent, it is also bizarre, not too long ago there was a 5 year old who, essentially beat up a teacher, ends up leaving in a stretcher, even prior, kids got into a shoot out with the police. For it is that bad.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.