The World News Media

Are JWs in America back on the 'door to door' work now ?

Patiently waiting for Truth

• Views 40.7k
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

…..  

This is exactly the point. Thanks. The Watchtower has ALWAYS turned the generation into a zone of dates. When the Watchtower's previous zone of dates was no longer tenable, there was an excellent oppo

Yes. If you don’t forgive and put it behind you, you never heal. You are forever rehashing your injury. In close to 50 years with Jehovah’s earthly organization, the supportive benefits have far excee

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

Unfortunately she isn't. Because in that same discussion people brought up as to why revisions were made, the difference between early and later manuscripts, etc. - it all traces back to the events of the 4th century, which she is unaware of, as is the fight to defend the Scriptures from Bible Tampering, which effectively won out for a while until people got into the realm of Textual Criticism. When something like this was mentioned, she narrowed it down to propaganda in Christendom when someone corrected her with the truth. Then a sub-discussion came forth when talking about Apocryphal Text, which she was unaware about.

She also assume the KJV to be the true Bible, which it is not. It was also deduced that she isn't as serious about Christianity, especially from snarky comments for attention about events in the Bible (despite it at times revealing the true nature of other Mainstreamers who often get triggered), granted she does not know much about how serious of a threat The Wild Beast and Babylon truly is.

I mean, you should be aware of this, we talked about Strong's before as with roots.

That being said, granted she was, in her words, a MAGA Gun-totting Girl, it is clear from her days at Info Wars, that she is a Conservative Christian (Christian Right). She, as with some other rivals of mine, are unknowingly tied to the Mainstream. As mentioned to @Dmitar, she is the one I've mentioned who later burned her MAGA Hat denouncing whom she followed and although she still holds her semi-political views, she deems politics like that of a cult, hence the opposite of the woke, to this day she complains about it, as is her constant remarks of whom she followed, Trump as is her being a constant target to Leftism. One of the view things she is correct about is what society is doing to children, and those who advocate for things that is of ill intent. The only reason as to why she drew people into Conservatism in the first place a long time ago was due to the fact some people blindly followed her for her attractiveness and not realizing what she was proclaiming, thus the destruction of those who follow, jumping head first into the fire that is the culture war.

Goodness me,,,you certainly do your reasearch…

16 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

I totally disagree with you on this point, and You have no more 'guidance' from YHWH or Yeshua than I do. 

The thing is, this is true, there is no one after John that is an Prophet Inspired, who outlived everyone, even those at Pentecost, who is a Prophet Inspired. This is extremely obvious due to the fact you have many denominations regarding the Abrahamic Faith, the existence of 2 factions of Christendom, etc. Likewise with the numerous Bible Translations, even revised. This is why I said to @Srecko Sostar and @Witness before, even now, for should a Prophet Inspired did exist, be it one or a few, we would not be in the position we are in now, essentially. Not to mention, the students of Apostle John and their ordeal cannot go unnoticed.

God has already made this clear, as did our Christian brothers and sisters before us.

I do not see why you take such disdain for a Prophet Not Inspired, which is what you are, myself, and others. For we have things we can do although our Inspired counterparts have done better.

Why you pretend to know so much more I cannot understand. 

I do not pretend. Hermeneutics is vital. As is research and study.

Acts 2 : 17, in my opinion, will have a much greater fulfilment when the True Anointed Remnant are given a boost of Holy Spirit from YHWH through Yeshua.  

You are now focus on the chosen, even concerning them, the abilities of which was mentioned, died with the Last Apostle. None of them today, Solider of God, and or others, or the ones of whom the Jehovah's Witnesses say is chosen, all of them are not Prophets Inspired.

Although our past counterparts had such abilities, those today, 2nd century and onward, do not.

Granted, I mention this all the time and now you seem to notice this.

Because without that, all of us are just fumbling in the dark.  Remember the Ten men clinging to the robe of a Jew. 

I am well aware, but clearly no one after John had such abilities. You can't even prove it, should you try.

But if you want to be my guess, and if I am in the wrong here, what is stopping you from naming a Prophet Inspired today?

It seems that you, just like @TrueTomHarley have no faith in the things unseen. 

We both know about the Chosen, but the Bible is clear on things pertaining to Apostle John. And what transpired afterwards prior to Constantine having his hand in Christianity.

As pointed out, if Prophets Inspired existed after John's death, his students would not be in a difficult position, Christianity would still be like that of the Apostolic Early Church with no shift or change from Roman Emperors of the rise of Catholicism. No Holy Wars would exist in which blood is spilled on soil, for God's people will be unified against threat, and there would not be any other faction of Christendom, let alone denominations. The only thing we'd be dealing with possibly is those who have a believe in False Gods/Goddesses only like that of God's people in Ancient Israel, or something to a similar effect.

What gives you the authority to say that these things will not happen ?

Because John's students and those after them do not have such abilities. No one can transfigure, no one can attest to having visions and or revelations from God concerning the things to come. All we have is what is written and we do out best to adhere to it. Likewise with the events, 2nd century, to the 4th concerning the Council of Nicaea and onward, Bible Translations, etc.

It's pretty obvious.

Go careful SM, you may find yourself talking against God and Christ. 

Not really because if that were the case, you'd realize the position of the students of the Apostle, who knew God's Word on the same level of Apostle John.

It seems that most people on here lack real faith in YHWH and through Yeshua. 

You never apply discernment, so how can you tell?

I think Space Merchant is treading a very dangerous path for himself, but why would he ?

Not really. But that is quite the accusation.

Well why do the GB of the Watchtower tread that same path ? It's all to do with 'power' and control.

The Watchtower is aware that they are not Prophets Inspired. If they did have absolute power, then they would have been in KAIROS as the majority of Christendom.

Yes I AM, Patiently waiting for Truth. 

You aren't if you didn't realize Apostle John had students.

But I'm NOT pretending that I know more that others. 

Actually you have in the past. A specific Bible Strong's can be coined.

That being said, it is pretty odd as to how both you and @Witness or not only downplaying the students of John who was at his level concerning God's Word, but the history of the 2nd century to the 4th century. For what reason? A mystery.

Surely, former Jehovah's Witnesses would do better than that, but as I said in the past, even recently, Mainstream ideas tend to get the best of you.

11 hours ago, Witness said:

There is no scripture that says  prophesy has ceased. This scripture you quoted, said by a prophet of God and member of the Body of Christ, is not saying anything about it.  In fact, I gave scriptures that proves there would be a prophet to come to God's chosen priests, in the last days.  (Matt 17:11; Rev 11:1-3)(1 Pet 2:5,9,10; 1 Cor 3:16,17)  Only men are saying there are no "inspired" prophets, which shows they are bold enough to check the hand of God.  Every anointed priest is inspired, and among them are prophets.  (Rom 5:5; 2 Cor 1:21; 1 John 2:27)

"Now there are different gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 There are different ministries, but the same Lord. 6 And there are different activities, but the same God works all of them in each person. 7 A manifestation of the Spirit is given to each person for the common good: 8 to one is given a message of wisdom through the Spirit, to another, a message of knowledge by the same Spirit, 9 to another, faith by the same Spirit, to another, gifts of healing by the one Spirit, 10 to another, the performing of miracles, to another, prophecy, to another, distinguishing between spirits, to another, different kinds of tongues, to another, interpretation of tongues. 11 One and the same Spirit is active in all these, distributing to each person as he wills."  

"Now you are the body of Christ, and individual members of it.  And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, next miracles, then gifts of healing, helping, leading, various kinds of tongues."  1 Cor 12

Sadly, you feel people could be inspired by demonic spirits, but not by the Holy Spirit from God. To say that prophecy is a gift eliminated from the Body of Christ, means that you believe a vital member of Jesus is not needed.

"But as it is, God has arranged each one of the parts in the body just as He wanted." 

Not by what men want.

"19 And if they were all the same part, where would the body be? 20 As it is, there are many parts, but one body. 21 The eye cannot say to the hand, “I don’t need you!” Or again, the head can’t say to the feet, “I don’t need you!”  1 Cor 12

Prophets from God are spiritual "seers".  Do you really believe that God would eliminate an "eye" of the Body of Christ?

"And he himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers, 12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, to build up the body of Christ, 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of God’s Son, growing into maturity with a stature measured by Christ’s fullness."  Eph 4

There is not a category mentioned in God's word, where a prophet of God would not be inspired by Holy Spirit, since an anointing is the inspiration of Holy Spirit, coming upon an individual to begin with. 

The definition by God is straightforward and simple, which also helps us identify the false prophets.

18 I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers. I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him. 19 I will hold accountable whoever does not listen to my words that he speaks in my name. 20 But the prophet who presumes to speak a message in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods—that prophet must die.’ 21 You may say to yourself, ‘How can we recognize a message the Lord has not spoken?’ 22 When a prophet speaks in the Lord’s name, and the message does not come true or is not fulfilled, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him.  Deut 18:18-22

"Indeed, the Lord God does nothing
without revealing His counsel
to his servants the prophets."  Amos 3:7

Due to the history that transpired after Apostle John, you can't attest to the Mainstream notion to assume such abilities still take place today.

You need be careful, for if the abilities that the Chosen and John had; people having this today, we would have never had the events of 325AD.

I had reasons to bring up Constantine.

That being said, what I quoted originally of which you ignored, refutes the claim, for Prophesying cannot be confused with what a Prophet Inspired is capable of vs a Prophet Not Inspired.

Also read carefully next time, for this was presented to you before:

21 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

An inspired prophet possesses the miraculous gift of prophesy, inspired and infallible utterance and predictions, as proof they are having the Holy Spirit, of which we can see with Elijah and Elisha - you [Witness] also already mentioned Moses, who is an inspired Prophet who does indeed have the miraculous gifts. For this is 1 of 9 miraculous gifts that is of the spirit, manifestations of the spirit and is indeed infallible as can be read in the Scriptures itself 1 Corinthians 12:8-10, Luke 4:18 and Romans 3:1, 2 for example.

A normal, Spirit led Prophet who is clearly not inspired and not infallible have the gifts of the spirit regarding prophesying. It is regarded as dominant, the ability for one to profess in spreading the good news gospel of the Kingdom and the Messianic Age of the coming Christ, such of which gives evidence of the holy spirit's role as seen in Scripture, Matthew 24:14, Luke 4:18, Acts 2:18, 19 and Romans 12:6-8. Such ones with spiritual gifts have that is of what is cultivated, or cultivated gifts as some would say.

It is not wise to confuse things as the Mainstreamers do.

As a side note, I talked about this when someone brought up those who claim to have visions of Hell.

The added irony to this, @Kosonen, who is also said to be chosen, would say something to a similar effect as I have.

9 hours ago, Thinking said:

Goodness me,,,you certainly do your reasearch…

I run into such people a lot, so at some point one has to understand these type of people and their mindset; discernment. Ms. Ashton is no different.

The Christian Right, Conservativism Christians, are part of the paradigm, as is their Left counterparts, so they tend to be all over the place. Mainstream Christendom has their hands on them also, so much so, as to what I mentioned to @Dmitar concerning the events of 2016, such ones were swept away by Babylon; like a wave of water crashing into people, only a few left standing while the others vanish, type of deal. The person running the show was Pope Francis, with the backing of the UN.

This is why I do not like KAIROS or PEAK because they are affiliates, as is Religious Powers who are of the Beast, one in question who had a hand in the banning of your faith in Russia back then.

@Witness By the way, granted I can't edited, pertaining to Galatians 1:1-11, this is true. No one can have visions at the level of a Prophet Inspired, therefore, anyone claiming, for example, an Angel showed them what Heaven looks like, or Hell; the claim of what God does to the wicked for an eternity to men, women and children, not only is the claim false, but that is indeed a legitimate Prophet who is false, especially one who claims to be a Prophet Inspired.

On 3/16/2022 at 9:09 AM, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

As for john butler II  I think you mentioned, I don't ever remember using that at all.

Also for the record because I know you won't bring it up after this. After John Butler was banned possibly around October of 2019, a few months later, John Butler II emerged around December, pleading with Admin, both in 1st person and in 3rd person, hence you wearing a mask (so to speak), in a few remarks.

It is also noted that it was not anyone else, but you, granted of not only the mannerisms, but what was said. Admin essentially shut that down too, with the thread involved, effectively wiped, likewise to your use of Ebonics, which I will find should the situation calls for it. Of what Admin did, difficult to track with Archives, but the name was found, even if anyone looks at the members of the club itself, the name is found, present day.

Next time, understand the order of your own house, for if something is said, it isn't without reason.

So the order it seems, concerning you, John Butler > John Butler II > 4Jah2me > Patiently Waiting For Truth (current)

https://www.theworldnewsmedia.org/profile/18849-john-butler-2/

image.png

3rd person talk concerning your tenure is quite the mask of which is worn.

That being said, I believe this matter, has concluded, Mr. Butler.

If there is an Allen Entity, I guess one can say there is Butler Entity as well, but such an Entity is aware of his tenured sentience.

17 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

You have no more 'guidance' from YHWH or Yeshua than I do

I agree, we can all ask for Jehovah's holy spirit and receive it. I do not know what she means by "guidance". 

I know that the prophets in Israel received more Holy spirit than others so they could finish a specific task Jehovah wanted them to complete. This fits in with the meaning in Jehovah's name.  "He causes to become" makes people become what Jehovah needs them to be so they can complete a task he has for them.   Or Jehovah worked in them until the task was completed.  Take for  example Cyrus......  Jehovah anointed him and it is clear from his life that he had some diplomatic  skills that were exceptional.  But after he, as a pagan Zoroastrian, had completed the task assigned him (unknown to himself)  - he went to war again and again to extend his realm and was killed by a WOMAN!  it is clear that he did not receive Jehovah's Spirit any longer.

Regarding the gifts of the Spirit - these went away after the Apostle John died.  The special gifts were given by the Apostles who "laid their hands" on those who had not yet received the Spirit.  They then could do the gifts mentioned in 1Cor 14.  But 1 Cor 13 clearly show that these gifts would eventually end and LOVE would replace all gifts in the congregation.

I studied this very well after I came in the Truth because I ran into an apostolic sect in South Africa who believe they are the true Apostles (inherited the apostleship from the original Apostles who passed this on to the next generation). And they do all these weird falling down when receiving the Spirit etc. they talk in tongues and other "gifts " as well.

The secret to understanding this very well is to look to the history in the bible on the "laying on of hands".   If I remember correctly it was only the Apostles who could do this or those who received a special Apostleship. ..... (to be sent out). 

We no longer do the laying on of the hands and when John died these special gifts died with them. 

Moses could do special signs.  Some prophets could do them as well as Jesus and Apostles.  Why?   These signs helped to establish the new congregation - that was the purpose.

Hebrews 2: "For it began to be spoken through our Lord and was verified for us by those who heard him,  while God joined in bearing witness with signs and wonders* and various powerful works and with the holy spirit distributed according to his will.

1 hour ago, Arauna said:

I studied this very well after I came in the Truth because I ran into an apostolic sect in South Africa who believe they are the true Apostles (inherited the apostleship from the original Apostles who passed this on to the next generation). And they do all these weird falling down when receiving the Spirit etc. they talk in tongues and other "gifts " as well.

The secret to understanding this very well is to look to the history in the bible on the "laying on of hands".   If I remember correctly it was only the Apostles who could do this or those who received a special Apostleship. ..... (to be sent out). 

True, there are many who claim to do the same thing, to have the ability to heal when it is untrue, mostly staged.

In the Caribbean Islands, even in the days of my mother and father they seen this, but also saw some who claim to raise the dead; hence why my mother was very careful in her youth, and was encouraged by not simply super heroes, but the fact she came to learn God's Word, it has emboldened her when she got older whereas my Father grew up by Scriptures, for even then he himself didn't believe the Trinity to be true.

Onward to present day, such an idea of healing and raising the dead still persist, so much so, it can also be associated with Spiritism, hence the very thing Christians on the island is cautious about as is being against, Black Magic, which is something serious.

Even in Scriptures, we see examples of Moses vs The Pharaoh's Magicians, as is the one person who claimed to call Samuel who had since passed.

That being said, there are many out there who said they or claim to have the spirit, and due to their actions, as to what spirit they gained, isn't the holy spirit, hence an entirely different spirit.

An example that the Devil and his followers do not have time left so they use their shenanigans on people on the earth, so much so, they gain converts, so to speak.

3 minutes ago, Dmitar said:

A SEER

Someone who who is under God's divine Will, having the ability to discern, have insight, to see and understand things the common person cannot, and or the general public, to perceive a hidden truth about things. They also offer counsel if need be.

5 minutes ago, Dmitar said:

A PROPHET

A man of God, even of whom are found to be inspired, a teacher of a known truth. Through God's Will they make God's purpose and Will known to the people; profess an inspired message. They are also like that of a Spokesman and or Representative of God, often times, perhaps most times, act under Shaliach Principle/Agency (Messenger), speak on God's behalf, to speak His message to the people.

Although a Seer and a Prophet are similar in some aspects, they are different, but if anything, a Seer is mostly the type to discern things. Another thing to note is that in olden times Prophets previously used to be referred to as Seers.

3 minutes ago, Space Merchant said:

True, there are many who claim to do the same thing, to have the ability to heal when it is untrue, mostly staged.

You're talking about physical abilities. No one today has those abilities to heal and to raise the dead. Does that mean, God does not give anyone spiritual insight?

You of all people here should have the intelligence to understand what is meant by different gifts.

The ignorance everyone here is portraying is, between literal and spiritual. Proverbs 1:23, John 7:39

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.