The World News Media

Are JWs in America back on the 'door to door' work now ?

Patiently waiting for Truth

@Srecko Sostar What church is the most prominent in your area? 

Do you hear of any Bible Student Association members in your area? I believe they had a convention in 2020 somewhere around there. Not that they go door to door, but they do preach by word of mouth to others, like most Christians interested in spreading the gospel. Other than that, people get invited to a church to hear the gospel.

This is where "false" religion comes into play. Who is teaching Christ Truth?

• Views 40.6k
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

…..  

This is exactly the point. Thanks. The Watchtower has ALWAYS turned the generation into a zone of dates. When the Watchtower's previous zone of dates was no longer tenable, there was an excellent oppo

Yes. If you don’t forgive and put it behind you, you never heal. You are forever rehashing your injury. In close to 50 years with Jehovah’s earthly organization, the supportive benefits have far excee

Posted Images

Proprietors of Truth.

There is nothing under the stars, or from the center of the earth to the center of heaven, that I have not a right to preach about. All truth is mine, because it is God's, and I am his son. There is nothing which concerns the human race that the pulpit is not bound to teach.
H. W. Thomas.

1 hour ago, Dmitar said:

There is nothing which concerns the human race that the pulpit is not bound to teach.

Yes, if one preaches with kindness you are bound to find listeners and agreement..... but John said himself that "revilers" will not inherit the Kingdom.  

7 hours ago, JW Insider said:

Of course, I was being a bit flippant. I was thinking a bit like Dmitar when he used this kind of wordplay a while back in another topic:

The Watchtower did something similar when we used to emphasize more often that even Abel was one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Using the same reasoning, if you are a Witness, I would certainly hope you are also both a Restorationist and a Unitarian. I know you knew what I meant, but for those who didn't, I'll offer a bit more explanation.

If you believe there is only one God then you are a Unitarian and not a Trinitarian. Merriam-Webster includes the following as the very first Definition of unitarian:

1a often capitalized : one who believes that the deity exists only in one person

And the Watchtower recognizes this as a the primary tenet of unitarianism.

*** w77 4/15 p. 247 Isaac Newton’s Search for God ***
Our Unitarian Heritage, by Earl M. Wilbur, Boston 1925, pp. 289-294.

*** w57 7/15 p. 428 par. 3 The Holy Spirit—Third Person of Trinity or God’s Active Force? ***
With but very few exceptions the creeds of Christendom state that God’s holy spirit is the third person of a trinity, coequal, coeternal and cosubstantial with the Father and the Son. . . . An exception is the Unitarian creed . . . ”—Dictionary of Religious Knowledge, Abbott.

And of course we believe strongly that the true religion should be restored according to first century Christianity rather than the apostasy that took over mostly from the second century onward, which was the goal of the Restorationist movement that Russell participated in:

*** w14 5/15 p. 26 par. 1 Are You Moving Ahead With Jehovah’s Organization? ***
JEHOVAH is rightly credited with the establishment of the Christian congregation in the first century and with the restoration of true worship in recent times.

*** g89 10/22 p. 20 Part 20—19th Century Onward—Restoration Imminent! ***
Clearly, what was needed was restoration, the restoration of true worship!...Back in the first century, Jesus reactivated true worship in the form of Christianity. Yet, he prophesied that there would be an apostasy. ... In the latter half of the 19th century, the appointed time for this restoration of true worship was at the doors.  Charles Taze Russell was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in 1852...

@Space Merchant appears to use this same idea of restorationism similar to the first sentence under that topic in Wikipedia.

Restorationism (or Christian primitivism) is the belief that Christianity has been or should be restored along the lines of what is known about the apostolic early church, which restorationists see as the search for a purer and more ancient form of the religion.[1][2][3]

Okay got you..but it’s hard to read sarcasm and flippancy…for me anyway..just when I thought I had worked you out you screwed with my head….all good..✌️

16 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

It is more so standing on corners and the like. For me personally, the ones more troubling to deal with is the Black Hebrew Isrealites. They themselves tried to change history for the wrong reasons.

That being said, it is going to be tough.

And it will get worse should the gas, energy, and now wheat supply shifts in an unfavorable direction. This will effect people who do not know what is taking place in the background, even members of your faith.

even mentally one needs to defend themselves. Although @Dmitar would say otherwise, he agreed several times on the fact of the influence that has flourish recently in which it can effect some people namely younger people., for ill influence can effect everyone if they're not careful.

This particular EXJW is an interesting case, this excludes the others who went into spiritism full 100%, for this one, he slowly got into it. Despite preaching against JWs for he was essentially the voice of the Warwick protest and a legitimate rival to one of @Srecko Sostar's following, John Cedar (who is now known to be immoral), as for spiritism, he slowly began to be influence by spiritism. After the protest against JWs, he was shown in a video after his rant about the park situation doing a Wiccan practice - The Maypole, the picture below is an example of what that is

image.png

After the video came out, he made another one after he was called out by EXJWs, but soon after he deleted both videos yet for this major error, EXJWs still defend him and they still attack Cedars, however, despite this, he still communicates with Wiccan practitioners, who drew in more EXJW converts.

This is the same EXJW turned Wiccan who attempted to pretend he was a Truther, as is a member of a Hacktivist group only to get called out. As of now he also dwells on conspiracy. For even former members of your faith they need be careful, but most do not watch their step.

That being said, this same move is made by others, to trick people into accepting traditions, stating God sees them as harmless. So one need to be careful.

Granted @Dmitar was confused with his Unitarian remark as was @Srecko Sostar. There were no churches in the area at the time, so learning of God and the Bible was in house, for my Father had a reason for this because of a practice in my mother's country which is related to Spiritism as with violence (although at the time his country his no different), so holding on to what the Bible says is light holding a sword to fend off an extremely disaster laced influence which claim many. As for Biblical Unitarian, this is in regards to the fact my Father, as with me also, believe God to be the Father only, and the Son is the Christ, hence me being vocal against the Trinity and Mainstream, as is some of what spill over into the Anti-Trinitarian faction. Because of Restorationist movement, it actually gives the Anti-Triniarian a legitimate fighting chance against the Trinitarian and the Mainstream.

Very sad all the way around….but this is how the demons infiltrate all forums ..

16 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

13 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

Ok. And? As do most who understand Core Teachings of the legitimate Christian faith vs the other faction that originated in the 4th century, he mentions this early on in the video. For in the days of Constantine, our predecessors, The Subordinationists, it was a dangerous time for them. This even goes into the Reformation, we had to deal with Catholics. Most Subordinationist Christians were killed, even in an era where there was a new Emperor.

To not accept the Creed or the Trinity, death will follow. Therefore, Jesus is not God, he is God's Son.

Moreover, Subordinationists never fought compared to the early days of Mainstream Christendom who took over. Then you have to factor in the issue with Bible translation.

God's Day, Jesus does come back to fight against lawlessness and badness.

God and the Holy Spirit are separate, for the Spirit isn't a literal being. He literally says this in the video Perhaps you took this man's words out of context. He mentions that Trinitarians believe in One God, but in 3 persons, therefore, in the Trinitarian view, The Holy Spirit isn't separate from God, but God himself, essentially. As far as I know, JWs, Muslims and most Anti-Trinitarians do not believe that the Holy Spirit is God, nor do they believe Jesus to be God, rather, the only God, is the Father (YHWH); Jesus states this too.

Unlike our other Unitarian counterparts, we believe Jesu pre-existence. As far as I know most Anti-Trinitarians, even JWs, believe this, but JWs are noted by opponents as Semi-Arians because they believe, like the Subordinationists Jesus was created by God. Some of the Unitarian Church outside of Biblical Unitarian believe Jesus only came into existence when conceived by Mary.

God's name? Srecko, are you aware of what the holy spirit is and what it is capable of?

The Holy Spirit is from [of] God and it itself has many names. Granted this video was posted in my other debate, even the website of this man made the correction; @Costried to get me on that, but failed. Moreover, another person similar to the man in the video, Kel, made the correction.

God indeed has many names, as is his Son, as is his Spirit. His spirit is used to direct his followers, in the past, enabling them to do miraculous acts. The Holy Spirit can be prayed for, and given to those who ask for it. Hence, the ending remark is correct.

The debate against @Cos concerning the Holy Spirit, probably the only debate where I was annoyed with a Trinitarian. Ironically @Dmitar was mentioned in this debate as his last tenure

I remember talking about this video years ago on here, likewise with Kel and Buzzard. 

From what I am aware, the core teachings they're aware about, the only difference is that they're as a whole an organized group compared to others. So not sure of what you are attesting to.

Most of us Anti-Trinitarians trust the Bible also.

One is organized and one is not?

That being said, at the end he made it clear of the different Unitarians out there.

Kel is very very good at explaining about the trinity….I would advise all to listen to him if they find the trinity troubling..

11 minutes ago, Arauna said:

Thinking - you will have to try to get used to the American humor.  I do not understand it myself.  I often tramp in it. LOL

Hahah….yes I do have trouble with it …especially when it’s written…sarcasm is another that I cannot discern ..in written form…I think I get muddy in it too…which is funny really as B Splane at our last big convention said….” You Australians need to be careful with your speech as some think you come over as harsh and sarcastic “…..I smiled as he said that..( as I know I come over as blunt..) 

43 minutes ago, Thinking said:

There were no churches in the area at the time, so learning of God and the Bible was in house, for my Father had a reason for this because of a practice in my mother's country which is related to Spiritism as with violence (although at the time his country his no different), so holding on to what the Bible says is light holding a sword to fend off an extremely disaster laced influence which claim many. As for Biblical Unitarian, this is in regards to the fact my Father, as with me also, believe God to be the Father only, and the Son is the Christ, hence me being vocal against the Trinity and Mainstream, as is some of what spill over into the Anti-Trinitarian faction. Because of Restorationist movement, it actually gives the Anti-Triniarian a legitimate fighting chance against the Trinitarian and the Mainstream.

I am sorry you and your father have had such a hard fight to stand for your biblical principles …and under such conditions as you have described.

13 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

They'll eventually track bank accounts with some new ruling.

They're also afraid to say COVID-19 is Endemic.

Although they less restrictions, chance are, they'll bring them back, so for example, if you do go preaching, who is to say you'll be stopped to have your papers checked?

That kind of power those in power will not let go 100%, temporarily, but not permanent.

There is no REAL let up with COVID in Australia New Zealand  and Canada..

In The Eastern parts of Australia where the most population is they have eased restriction only because a election is coming up..so they are acting kind and placating that population..the rest of Aust it’s like this COVID has just started..we are back in 2020…

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.