The World News Media

Are JWs in America back on the 'door to door' work now ?

Patiently waiting for Truth

Just now, Srecko Sostar said:

Which one (Unitarian) are you? True, false, original, modified, factionalist ...?

Biblical Unitarian.

Factionalist? And this pertains to what?

2 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

I do not understand. I don't think JW understands you either. So I ask: How is God separated from his spirit? 

God is the Father, and the Holy Spirit is of God, not God.

Hence, the Anti-Trinitarian stance. I believe JWs also understand the Holy Spirit isn't God either, hence the view of Trinitarians, who believe The Holy Spirit is God, as is Jesus is God.

3 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Do you have your spirit?

If you are implying that I am alive (life concerning spirit), then yes. All of us here are alive as well. We exist because God breathes life into us by means of his Holy Spirit, not only in humans, but living animals, insects, etc. As is plant/flora life.

God is indeed the creator. I don't know why you went from God's Spirit to the notation of life, but ok.

6 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

And are you separated from your spirit?

Perhaps if I was not alive, then yes.

6 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

I am not separated from my spirit. My spirit and I are one. I am also not detached from my intellect and mind. :))

Well if you were, you wouldn't be a alive. Be it of the Bible or not, that is known logic. The other remark you also sounded as if you were a Spiritualist, if read out of context.

• Views 40.6k
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

…..  

This is exactly the point. Thanks. The Watchtower has ALWAYS turned the generation into a zone of dates. When the Watchtower's previous zone of dates was no longer tenable, there was an excellent oppo

Yes. If you don’t forgive and put it behind you, you never heal. You are forever rehashing your injury. In close to 50 years with Jehovah’s earthly organization, the supportive benefits have far excee

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

I’ll concede that some of the artwork in JW publications is ridiculed. But sometimes it is spot-on. Those pics of the people of God surrounded by frothing, raging, and undisciplined hooligans, shaking their fists in the air—promising freedom but being slaves themselves to corruption—Those pics could not fit anyone more closely. I mean, the guy was the public face of anti-Witness “activism.”

The irony is the comment speaks for itself, as mentioned there will be those who defend him also

image.png

All in all, in the New Normalcy, should your faith community finally return to what they were doing, his activism will most likely continue only to drown out his actions.

3 minutes ago, Space Merchant said:

Biblical Unitarian.

Factionalist? And this pertains to what?

This is interesting video to see how people "of your kind" also are separated from "the truth" and belong to "denominations" inside "same" faith. He speaking about individual various ways for person in searching for truth.

Unitarian and Universalist merged together.  Unitarian Universalism was formed from the consolidation in 1961 of two historically separate Christian denominations, the Universalist Church of America and the American Unitarian Association, both based in the United States; the new organization formed in this merger was the Unitarian Universalist Association.

53 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

This is interesting video to see how people "of your kind" also are separated from "the truth" and belong to "denominations" inside "same" faith. He speaking about individual various ways for person in searching for truth.

Unitarian and Universalist merged together.  Unitarian Universalism was formed from the consolidation in 1961 of two historically separate Christian denominations, the Universalist Church of America and the American Unitarian Association, both based in the United States; the new organization formed in this merger was the Unitarian Universalist Association.

Ah here we go again. This is the same argument Butler made, and was corrected.

Also you might want to re-check the history of the UUA/UUO.

image.png

It is quite clear I am not a Oneness Believer, Oneness is the view of a Unitarian Universalist. Therefore, comparing apples to an orange does not produce factual information, likewise to what Butler did.

Quite obvious by my other responses.

That being said, and now you are confusing denominations. Quite the predicament you put yourself in.

@Srecko Sostar Also your video is a bit misleading to the information you pulled, 2 different things, if you focused primarily on UU then you may have a case. That was an interview. What does it a UU have to do with a Biblical Unitarian who do not abide by Oneness or Interfaith? Unless you assume all Unitarians to literally be the same, for this seems to appear to be the case with what you are doing.

Also granted the UU is primarily organized, they have an organized faith community, hence links to UUA, etc.

10 hours ago, Dmitar said:

@Pudgy Care to tell @Thinking the TRUTH about your Voter Registration in 2016, way before you were d'fd? The good thing, your right to vote for plenty of government positions hasn't been denied.

So, how are you not afflicted. In your state it's classified as UNA, but tell me, you go for the Republican Party as a NRA enthusiast, right? Or are you now an NRA member too. 

This comment basically uncovers yourself ..no witness in good standing and mature would ever post this as it would be considered slanderous by scriptural understanding. You would be if Pudgy wished brought before the elders to explain your accusation and where you got your info and how and why you said such things on a public medium.

In fact your statement could actually put yourself before a judicial committee.

At the least it shows a immaturity which rules out any thing you tend to say as untrustful..and prepared to sink to slanderous talk vis biblical standards.

Personally I find it disgusting.

7 hours ago, Pudgy said:

Oh, just as an aside, in Finland the government considers impairing a person’s right to vote in any way to be akin to a crime against humanity and a violation of a persons basic human rights, therefore the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society in Finland does not in anyway impose congregational sanctions against any brother or sister who chooses to vote, and does not speak against it in any way whatsoever, which would be a punishable felony, as a violation of basic human rights.

I agree with that.

Yes we must have free right as to which government we choose to come under …we make that decision at baptism….and we take and bear the consequences of that decision.

we dont get baptized if we Choose  to vote for a man made ..or still desire to participate in such things …..doesn’t take a scientist to work that one out.

20 hours ago, Thinking said:

Oh for  goodness sake!

Of course, I was being a bit flippant. I was thinking a bit like Dmitar when he used this kind of wordplay a while back in another topic:

On 10/13/2021 at 4:50 PM, Dmitar said:

Does that make a renown person a Student of the Bible, or Bible Student?

The Watchtower did something similar when we used to emphasize more often that even Abel was one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Using the same reasoning, if you are a Witness, I would certainly hope you are also both a Restorationist and a Unitarian. I know you knew what I meant, but for those who didn't, I'll offer a bit more explanation.

If you believe there is only one God then you are a Unitarian and not a Trinitarian. Merriam-Webster includes the following as the very first Definition of unitarian:

1a often capitalized : one who believes that the deity exists only in one person

And the Watchtower recognizes this as a the primary tenet of unitarianism.

*** w77 4/15 p. 247 Isaac Newton’s Search for God ***
Our Unitarian Heritage, by Earl M. Wilbur, Boston 1925, pp. 289-294.

*** w57 7/15 p. 428 par. 3 The Holy Spirit—Third Person of Trinity or God’s Active Force? ***
With but very few exceptions the creeds of Christendom state that God’s holy spirit is the third person of a trinity, coequal, coeternal and cosubstantial with the Father and the Son. . . . An exception is the Unitarian creed . . . ”—Dictionary of Religious Knowledge, Abbott.

And of course we believe strongly that the true religion should be restored according to first century Christianity rather than the apostasy that took over mostly from the second century onward, which was the goal of the Restorationist movement that Russell participated in:

*** w14 5/15 p. 26 par. 1 Are You Moving Ahead With Jehovah’s Organization? ***
JEHOVAH is rightly credited with the establishment of the Christian congregation in the first century and with the restoration of true worship in recent times.

*** g89 10/22 p. 20 Part 20—19th Century Onward—Restoration Imminent! ***
Clearly, what was needed was restoration, the restoration of true worship!...Back in the first century, Jesus reactivated true worship in the form of Christianity. Yet, he prophesied that there would be an apostasy. ... In the latter half of the 19th century, the appointed time for this restoration of true worship was at the doors.  Charles Taze Russell was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in 1852...

@Space Merchant appears to use this same idea of restorationism similar to the first sentence under that topic in Wikipedia.

Restorationism (or Christian primitivism) is the belief that Christianity has been or should be restored along the lines of what is known about the apostolic early church, which restorationists see as the search for a purer and more ancient form of the religion.[1][2][3]

5 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Which one (Unitarian) are you? True, false, original, modified, factionalist ...?

Srecko, you must understand, @Space Merchant is a good word manipulator. He's not a Unitarian Church, even though that woeful fool knows perfectly well what being part of a church, as a Unitarian member, means. 

He enjoys "misdirection" and the third party nonsense to avoid a DIRECT personal opinion. A sad ploy for someone claiming to be a good debater.

In one hand, he made @JW Insider out to be a liar, since he defended @Space Merchant, claim of NOT being a Unitarian.

So, now he is just a "speculator" (Truther) with information to win debates. You don't need to be smart for that, you just need "time" to research the information on the internet in order to give a rebuttal days later, like he does. 

That being said, you will NOT get a direct answer from such a person.

It is my understanding that Unitarian churches vary dramatically, and there is no “Central Command”, like Jehovah’s Witnesses have. 
I was pleased to learn that Sir Isaac Newton could accurately be described as a “Unitarian Restorationist” Christian, as obviously (to me at least ….), he was the smartest natural man known to exist, and because his natural brilliant logic and reasoning led him to believe 90% or so of what Jehovah’s Witnesses believe today, I always thought of him as the first “modern day” Jehovah’s Witness ( … that I am aware of).

Among the non-JW Unitarian Restorationists, are there any serious competitors for the affection and approval of Jehovah God and Christ Jesus?

I would prefer someplace that does not require wearing a tie.

2 hours ago, Thinking said:

This comment basically uncovers yourself ..no witness in good standing and mature would ever post this as it would be considered slanderous by scriptural understanding. You would be if Pudgy wished brought before the elders to explain your accusation and where you got your info and how and why you said such things on a public medium.

Since that fool is badgering me, why not. Therefore, I don't consider anyone here a brother, especially a D'fd one that you happen to like. That says more about you defending him as a Jehovah's Witness to God than your rant to me.

Like I said, you draw the line at Bible Truth.

In fact your statement could actually put yourself before a judicial committee.

And you should have been disfellowshipped long ago. What's your point, along with all those Jehovah's Witnesses in these two forums.

At the least it shows a immaturity which rules out any thing you tend to say as untrustful..and prepared to sink to slanderous talk vis biblical standards.

Personally I find it disgusting.

You mean, just like how you people like slandering the Watchtower, that fool included. You're correct, I personally think it's disgusting how, so many here want to justify themselves. That being said, nothing you people post can be trusted, since you have never shown any kind of spiritual maturity.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.