The World News Media

Are JWs in America back on the 'door to door' work now ?

Patiently waiting for Truth

Just now, Srecko Sostar said:

Since no religion today bears the title the Apostolic Church

It isn't a title, it is in regards to Core Teachings in of itself. I mean, you were formerly a JW, they were well aware of the events regarding Constantine the Great, more so, as pointed out you were in the debate where @Cos willfully tried to re-write history of the early church.

1 minute ago, Srecko Sostar said:

not even WTJWorg because they call themselves JW

Jehovah's Witnesses, formerly, Bible Students, originated from the Great Awakening/Revival of Christianity, of which the Restorationists originated from, even by root. One can argue that they are Semi-Millerites. It can be noted that even prior to becoming Bible Students, they had to understand what was the Core Teachings are and what was not, an example of this, Pastor Russell concerning Hellfire and Torment.

The Anti-Trinitarian faction wasn't as organized as our Trinitarian/Mainstream counterparts, granted they were the majority while we were the minority. You even attest to that notation of who has more of a presence, Catholicism. even if they were, the Mainstream branded them as sectarian.

Anti-Trinitarian vs the New Christendom has always been in conflict since the events of 325AD, the only difference is we are not as brutalized like our former.

This also goes hand in hand with the fight for Bible Translations.

For perhaps, if you, myself and @Dmitar even @Witness lived in those times and attempt to use early sources to translate the Bible other the later, let alone attest against Creeds, we would all surely all be crucified, and burned at the stake, in Witness' case, they would blame her view of Christ as being God's Son as Witchcraft or the like, liken to what I told @Pudgyregarding Isaac Newton.

8 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

According to you, the Biblical Unitarian is not true either because they are called BU and not AC.

Some if not most are already on that path, this is why I defend the early church for years now, even against some of your assertions.

Those who strive to be, do so over time, an example of this is your former faith use to partake in festivities that are not inline with what the Bible says only to come to an understanding later on, hence Restorationist position compared to most who didn't think twice and outright abandon the practice, this may be the case due to coming to an understanding of the Jewish Calendar whereas such Traditions do not exist.

Over the years, people were still learning and applying, even adapting. Granted, everything pertaining to Anti-Trinitarian was technically almost erased and or changed, i.e. Didache.

12 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

I get it now this too.

I do not think you have if you assume the early church to that of a title.

13 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

It is important to strive to follow

Strive as is in adaptability, applying, changing to line up with what is in the Core Teachings, i.e. understanding that God is not Jesus, and that God is the Father of Jesus Christ (Exodus 3:14; John 8:58, Matthew 16:16, Colossian 1:3, John 17). To understand that Jesus does not pray to himself (John 17)

14 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

(even in wrong way and with plenty of errors) to be true church. :))

You seem to miss the context entirely.

The Core Teachings are quite obvious., hence the early church. even back in those days, notable Church Fathers and or Bishops had to fight to defend these Core Teachings such as Irenaeus of Lyon prior to the events of the Council. Regarding the Council, The New Christianity dominated, and Constantine tolerated all faiths only to cause paganism to infect Christianity. The other council is was enforced you accept or succumb to consequence, hence why our early church counterparts was either lost or scattered, some perhaps even executed for not accepting.

That being said, after all this time, how is it that you were not aware of the Councils? Then again, since you aligned yourself with Trinitarians for a Justifiable Cause, this was never addressed, in addition, you at times, pull information from your former faith, but never pertaining to historical accounts, then again regarding that you attempt to change history concerning the 1900s.

• Views 40.9k
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

…..  

This is exactly the point. Thanks. The Watchtower has ALWAYS turned the generation into a zone of dates. When the Watchtower's previous zone of dates was no longer tenable, there was an excellent oppo

Yes. If you don’t forgive and put it behind you, you never heal. You are forever rehashing your injury. In close to 50 years with Jehovah’s earthly organization, the supportive benefits have far excee

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Pudgy said:

Cartoon dogs are gender less to start with, since 1975 when we were told we were all going to the Vet, to be tutored.

Well those that fell for that were not studying and understanding the scriptures …and they trusted in Men….big learning experience for them ..

23 minutes ago, Thinking said:

Well those that fell for that were not studying and understanding the scriptures …and they trusted in Men….big learning experience for them ..

That situation could be equated to something like that of a game of Telephone. Whereas something is said and down the line, caused some form of division and confusion. So someone who was excited must have said some things that got other people talking whereas others understood the context of what is said and did not partake in spreading what the others were doing, hence the notation of 1975. Plus times in the 70s were different, to the point people do literal action after some things were said, as is excitement of somethings which could lean to action.

2 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

That situation could be equated to something like that of a game of Telephone. Whereas something is said and down the line, caused some form of division and confusion. So someone who was excited must have said some things that got other people talking whereas others understood the context of what is said and did not partake in spreading what the others were doing, hence the notation of 1975. Plus times in the 70s were different, to the point people do literal action after some things were said, as is excitement of somethings which could lean to action.

That is largely true but the original telephone message did lean heavily to that date.with  articles and graphs etc…it was like striking a match and not expecting it to start a fire…they at the top  have to take responsibility for the written articles and graphs that fed that fire….having said that with each article there was a paragraph saying it was all in Jehovahs time line etc etc.

yes the 70s was a different era…but 75 did not start with the rank and file…

I know the GB learnt from that…I listened to a excellent talk from a brother who admitted they had and that the GB had listen to you ( the rank and file ) he was encouraging one’s not to be weakened by that…and then he said the words…..”You don’t think Jehovah was watching all of that “

It was in my opinion a honest admission of a major spiritual stuff up….

it was a great talk…and a humble one…

6394E473-7F75-4E79-8941-3AFBDCA737B4.jpeg

Sometimes, the “Elephant in the Room” has to be there for 40 years before people will admit he is really there, after denying it for 38 years.

That does not take humility.

It takes inevitability, in the face of hundreds of thousands of people that will not drink the Kool Aid.

I was there before, during, and after 1975, and was paying attention.

It was a deliberate attempt to scare the Brotherhood artificially.

What the GB LEARNED, is that you cannot fool all of the people … all of the time.….. and that loss of credibility has serious consequences.….. but that’s OK, the GB never missed a meal, or slept cold.

…….. and NOBODY GOT FIRED or demoted.

.I agree with Srecko Sostar, the search for righteousness is hard and long, as was World War II. Continuous errors and screw-ups and errors by leaders seriously flawed.

Sometimes the WTB&TS seems like a retarded child with an unlimited budget, but people that “get with the program” do better than those that don’t.

Perhaps it is God’s Holy Spirit that makes it turn out well, in spite of the lack of conscious competence.….. making a wholesome chicken soup out of chicken feathers, beaks, and feet.

2 hours ago, Pudgy said:

…….. and NOBODY GOT FIRED or demoted.

No, not the leadership, but I'm sure many were disfellowshipped after its failure, for speaking out against the leadership's folly, as well as their organization. They had "had it up to here", severing all devotion to Wt's "empty philosophy" (Col 2:8); yet received the lowest demotion possible, for rejecting delusions.  Jer 23:16  

Funny thing isn't it, those who leave become the bad guy; while the instigators, the planners of the deceptive boondoggle, remain the good guys.  

3 hours ago, Thinking said:

”You don’t think Jehovah was watching all of that “

So, in other words, the leadership was practicing deception; a crime against God's decrees.   (Lev 19:11,12; Prov 19:9

"Whenever a sentence for a crime is not carried out swiftly, the human mind becomes determined to commit evil."  Eccl 8:11

God knows the end from the beginning. (Isa 46:10;Rev 22:14,15)

"A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear."   2 Tim 4:3

Ahhh, so is this the scripture Fred Franz thought of, which enabled him to put the guilt on the rank and file?  

"'Do you know why nothing happened in 1975?  Then, pointing at his audience, he shouted:  'It was because you expected something to happen'" (Apocalypse Delayed, Penton, 1986, p. 100)

All you say is true….. but compared to Catholic Inquisitions and Crusades that lasted 300 years, what it proves is this:

It’s the best humans are capable of at their best.

Here is the test:

Who, does a BETTER JOB?

(   …. an address and a phone number will be helpful. )

Which reminds me :

On my iPhone, above this post, is an ad for bugmd, showing a cockroach drinking coffee. Your device may show something different, so I am including a copy here.

84CAD22D-A822-49BF-BF24-A001B3884B1A.jpegWhat you do is leave coffee out on your kitchen counter, and in the night, in the dark, cockroaches will assemble around the rim of the cup, and drink coffee. It gets ‘‘em totally wired.

You sneak in, and as fast as you can, flick the lights on and off about twenty times.

Their eyes are frozen open, they have a stroke, fall into the coffee, and drown.