The World News Media

Not sure if anyone saw this before concerning the Rephaim

Space Merchant

More to the point @Space Merchant.

How can a Christian separate those Nephilim destroyed by God versus those Nephilim that are thought of being descendants of ANAK?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anak#References

30 And Caleb stilled the people before Moses, and said, Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it. 31 But the men that went up with him said, We are not able to go up against the people; for they are stronger than we. 32 And they brought up an evil report of the land which they had spied out unto the children of Israel, saying, The land, through which we have gone to spy it out, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it are men of great stature. 33 And there we saw the Nephilim, the sons of Anak, 79who come of the Nephilim: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

• Views 3.2k
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am so sorry. Somehow my remarks did not translate. ‘Your remarks prove otherwise’ means that you are being modest, and that you obviously are intelligent. The big dumb animals ramming each othe

The only thing I know for sure on this topic is that when I relied on A.I. to transcribe a Bible talk, it rendered ‘Nephilim’ as ‘Netflix.’

This proves you do not know what JW teach and what they base it on.  The bible itself says at psalm 90 how long a generation is - it is NOT a hypothesis!    The span of our life is 70 years,Or 80

Posted Images

20 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

You may want to re-read my comment.

I read comments 3 times before I make a response, a 4th is no required.

20 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Did not see death....? 

What do you mean? That he didn't see his enemies kill him? That he didn't die at all? Or what else?

There is no Bible account of that shows that Enoch's enemies, killed him.

Enoch, being an inspired Prophet of God had foretold God’s coming with His holy myriads in which will execute The Most High's judgment against all things that are not of God; wicked things.

Because of his proclamation, this caused a reaction from enemies who seek to go down the persecution against him. In regards to what you said, Enoch was not killed by his enemies, as stated, no Bible account on the matter, granted, the thing is, God in a way, prevented this; He did not permit Enoch's enemies to kill him, for God has taken Him, and Enoch's life was cut to the age of 365.

The Bible also indicates that Enoch was taken and or transferred to not see death, hence why both @Arauna and I mentioned a form of a prophetic trance, while in it, he did not experience the pangs associated with death itself, for this is easy to find in the text if you read Genesis 5:24 and Hebrews 11:5, 13, as is other noted verses pertaining to Enoch:

Jude [14] It was also about these that Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of his holy ones, [15] to execute judgment on all and to convict all the ungodly of all their deeds of ungodliness that they have committed in such an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things that ungodly sinners have spoken against him.”

[24] Enoch walked with God, and he was not, for God took [taken] him.

[5] By faith Enoch was taken up so that he should not see death, and he was not found, because God had taken him. Now before he was taken he was commended as having pleased God. [13] These all died in faith, not having received the things promised, but having seen them and greeted them from afar, and having acknowledged that they were strangers and exiles on the earth.

The Mainstream Christian idea is that Enoch was taken up to Heaven, which is false. Likewise with the idea that Enoch was never in a trance and or a vision at all, also false. The Truth is mentioned above already. In addition to that is true is it is linked with even the statement of God's own only-begotten Son who attest the following in John 3:13:

No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man.

As you can see, it is clear, that no one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man, who is also the First of the Firstfruits himself.

Likewise, as mentioned with others in Scriptures, some who were in the similar but parallel position to Prophet Enoch, while others, were simply relocated, hence Elijah.

That being said, things of this level should be known to you, you were technically a Bible Student of the Scriptures, were you not? This is why it is good to re-read things so you know. No shame in forgetting, but there is in doing the opposite (Deut. 4:2).

One thing to note is whenever you see [Is No more or No More] it is associated with something being non-existent, even persons; hence death. Likewise with the term expire.

20 hours ago, Dmitar said:

Can Christian challengers be included?

Sure why not. However the MSC crowd has a totally different view of things relating to Enoch.

19 hours ago, Dmitar said:

How can a Christian separate those Nephilim destroyed by God versus those Nephilim that are thought of being descendants of ANAK?

They might make the distinction due to the fact there are some similarities however largely different outside of lineage. I believe even in the Hebrew Text that they were called Emim by the Moabites.

22 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Enoch was not the only "righteous man before God" on earth.

Enoch is the only one of Adam's grandchildren which is mentioned to be a faithful person. He was a remarkable man because his faithfulness is mentioned 3 times.

Eʹnoch continued to walk with the true God* for 300 years. And he became father to sons and daughters. 23  So all the days of Eʹnoch amounted to 365 years. 24  Eʹnoch kept walking with the true God.k Then he was no more, for God took him.l

Hebrews 11:  Eʹnoch continued to walk with the true God* for 300 years. And he became father to sons and daughters. 23  So all the days of Eʹnoch amounted to 365 years. 24  Eʹnoch kept walking with the true God.k Then he was no more, for God took him.l

Jude 1:  14  Yes, the seventh one in line from Adam, Eʹnoch,a also prophesied about them when he said: “Look! Jehovah* came with his holy myriads*b 15  to execute judgment against all,c and to convict all the ungodly concerning all their ungodly deeds that they did in an ungodly way, and concerning all the shocking things that ungodly sinners spoke against him.”d

Enoch came from the line of Cain who were violent people - spiritually far from Jehovah ....as Lamech bragged that he had killed more people than Cain.

“Hear my voice, you wives of Laʹmech;Give ear to my saying:A man I have killed for wounding me,Yes, a young man for striking me.24  If 7 times Cain is to be avenged,aThen Laʹmech 77 times.”outcasts but he also was hated because - as you see above- he was a preacher of righteousness.

They all hated Enoch because he was a righteous man and was a preacher of righteousness.  So Jehovah was kind to him, he did not let him suffer the pangs of death by the hand of killers. He must have assured him - that he has pleased Him well before he died.  Jehovah is a loving God as we all know. 

22 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

What do you mean? That he didn't see his enemies kill him?

Exactly! 

1 hour ago, Space Merchant said:

They might make the distinction due to the fact there are some similarities however largely different outside of lineage. I believe even in the Hebrew Text that they were called Emim by the Moabites.

Well, Goliath can be included. However, there are Christians that might not find that distinction, much less a none believer. I believe the reader would be more interested in the reason behind the Nephilim existence and why God took action.

On 2/22/2022 at 8:30 PM, Space Merchant said:

like what @Arauna said he was in some form of a trance

I meant that he was seeing the future Jehovah promised before he died.  He seems to have been a prophet. A prophet is someone who lays out the word of Jehovah and brings Jehovah's judgement - not just one that predicts the future.

Arauna and SM. 

So you're saying that God actually killed him? You can call his experience a "trance", and the end result with "God took him", the fact remains that he is dead (and you declare that he died and did not continue to live in heaven). If he did not die of old age and disease, and if he did not die of the enemy, then he died at the hands of "friend."

Thus, it could be concluded that God is willing to kill even His own faithful righteous servants. Is this some kind of assisted suicide? For, you describe that Enoch was afraid to die at the hands of the enemy. So he saw that there was no other way out but to die before the enemies came to him. Some prominent people in other biblical scenes also committed suicide or demanded that their friend/servants kill them so as not to fall into the hands of the enemy. From all these examples we can come to the idea that one’s strong desire to end one’s own life is not something that God would condemn.

But when the wish needs to be realized, what are the options? 

Did Jehovah condemn those people for their feelings? It's not. He even preserved their statements in the Bible. - https://wol.jw.org/hr/wol/d/r19/lp-c/102001763

It is therefore controversial that WTJWorg says: The Bible does not condone taking someone’s life even when the person is facing an imminent and unavoidable death.......

...... No, the Bible does not list suicide as an unforgivable sin. - https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/euthanasia/

Enoch did not have the strength to kill himself and save himself from enemies who would torture him? So he asked God to kill him?

WTJWorg, for many years illustrates that there will be an attack on JW's and that enemies will want to kill them (with torture or quickly, GB has not yet described). And what is the general message in the WTJWorg publication? To hide in basements? To stand still and wait for God to save them? For now GB has not recommended that believers pray to God “to take them” and save them that way.

1 minute ago, Arauna said:

You are calling out God?  I guess God killed Moses too! 

What I do is comment on the Bible and comment on your comments, your beliefs, and your claims. Nothing else. I am not judging you or belittle.

As far as I remember Enoch asked God to "take" him. Moses did not ask God to "take" him. But if they loved each other then it is quite understandable that they want to be close to the one you love while dying.

3 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

As far as I remember Enoch asked God to "take" him. Moses did not ask God to "take" him. But if they loved each other then it is quite understandable that they want to be close to the one you love while dying.

Question, how well do you understand, creation? Give the visitor a good reason why Enoch would need to be asked by God if he wanted to be translated

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.