Space Merchant

• Views 3.2k
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am so sorry. Somehow my remarks did not translate. ‘Your remarks prove otherwise’ means that you are being modest, and that you obviously are intelligent. The big dumb animals ramming each othe

The only thing I know for sure on this topic is that when I relied on A.I. to transcribe a Bible talk, it rendered ‘Nephilim’ as ‘Netflix.’

This proves you do not know what JW teach and what they base it on.  The bible itself says at psalm 90 how long a generation is - it is NOT a hypothesis!    The span of our life is 70 years,Or 80

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Not me, but WTJWorg's publications.

What I should have said, you don't understand the watchtower literature for you to make an informed decision. Therefore, the only one wrong here is you.

*** it-1 pp. 917-918 Generation ***
Length. When the term “generation” is used with reference to the people living at a particular time, the exact length of that time cannot be stated, except that the time would fall within reasonable limits. These limits would be determined by the life span of the people of that time or of that population. The life span of the ten generations from Adam to Noah averaged more than 850 years each. (Ge 5:5-31; 9:29) But after Noah, man’s life span dropped off sharply. Abraham, for example, lived only 175 years. (Ge 25:7) Today, much as it was in the time of Moses, people living under favorable conditions may reach 70 or 80 years of age. Moses wrote: “In themselves the days of our years are seventy years; and if because of special mightiness they are eighty years, yet their insistence is on trouble and hurtful things; for it must quickly pass by, and away we fly.” (Ps 90:10) Some few may live longer, but Moses stated the general rule. Moses himself, who lived 120 years, was an exception, as were his brother Aaron (123 years), Joshua (110 years), and some others whose strength and vitality were unusual.—De 34:7; Nu 33:39; Jos 24:29.

The Watchtower doesn't say it, the bible does. However, how old did Moses Get? There are exceptions to the rules.

On 2/23/2022 at 8:49 PM, Srecko Sostar said:

As far as I remember Enoch asked God to "take" him.

I have not read it in the bible but that is a good point to consider.  People do not realize how quickly the world turned wicked before the flood. And the period right before God decided t bring the flood saw a greater escalation because of the wicked angels interfering in earth's affairs. It was pretty bad.  That is why it is logical that the world we are living in now will become as bad with wicked angels behind everything.  Very violent, terrible sexual practices with an open hate for God.  

3 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Then an individual realizes that WTJWorg's calculation of generation duration (70-80 years) is a failed hypothesis,

This proves you do not know what JW teach and what they base it on.  The bible itself says at psalm 90 how long a generation is - it is NOT a hypothesis!   

The span of our life is 70 years,Or 80+ if one is especially strong.*But they are filled with trouble and sorrow;They quickly pass by, and away we fly.+

4 hours ago, Arauna said:

I have not read it in the bible but that is a good point to consider.  People do not realize how quickly the world turned wicked before the flood. And the period right before God decided t bring the flood saw a greater escalation because of the wicked angels interfering in earth's affairs. It was pretty bad.  That is why it is logical that the world we are living in now will become as bad with wicked angels behind everything.  Very violent, terrible sexual practices with an open hate for God.  

In short, Wickedness so great that an action must be taken.

On 2/24/2022 at 5:18 AM, Dmitar said:

I was referring to the Jewish Calendar. When does 2023 start @JW Insider?

A serious question for me? You can't be serious!

In the Jewish calendar, the year 2023 AD starts at midnight on January 1, 2023 in at least 24 different major time zones. (Technically, there are about 40 time zones, when you include those minor time zones in a few places that are drawn at intervals of only 30 or 45 minutes. So some purists like to give precedence to the time zone in Jerusalem.)

When 2023 starts on January 1st, it will be the 8th of Tevet, 5783 in the Jewish Calendar. Tevet 8, of course, would have actually started at sundown on the evening before: December 31, 2022.

If you were specifically asking when the year 2023 starts in the Jewish Calendar, then it started about Tishri 1, 1739 BCE. This could have been around the time of Hammurabi, or Joseph in Egypt. 3,760 years ago.

Of course, I suspect that you were really making a reference similar to the one that early Watch Tower magazines made when they would imply that the Jewish year 1915 really starts in October 1914, or something like that. That kind of implication is not accurate. However, if that is what you meant then you may have had in mind Rosh Ha-Shana on Tishri 1, 2022 (a.k.a., September 25, 2022 after sunset). But that is technically the new year 5783, not 2023.

Hope that answers your question.

14 hours ago, Dmitar said:

I was looking for the month of PESACH for the festival of unleavened bread.

I think I know what you mean, but just so that no one gets confused, there is no such thing as "the month of PESACH."

You seem to have meant the month that contains Pesach (Passover), which is the month of NISAN. Passover (Pesach), to the Jews, starts on Nisan 15 and begins the week-long festival of unleavened bread that lasts up to Nisan 21/22. For us, we say Passover starts a day earlier, on Nisan 14, and therefore we separate it from the week-long festival.

Also, I'm sure you knew this, but for others who might be interested, "Rosh Chodesh" is merely the name of the observance of every new moon, not just the one on Nisan 1, but also Iyyar 1 (Tammuz 1), Tishri 1, Heshvan 1, Adar-II 1 etc.

But this has nothing to do with your original question about when the year 2023 C.E. begins in the Jewish calendar. You asked:

On 2/24/2022 at 5:18 AM, Dmitar said:

I was referring to the Jewish Calendar. When does 2023 start @JW Insider?

Even though the so-called sacred calendar can be said to start a new year in the spring on Nisan 1 (not Nisan 14/15) and the so-called secular/agricultural calendar can be said to start the new year in the autumn on Tishri 1, neither of these two dates has anything to do with when the year 2023 begins. That will always be January 1st.

2 hours ago, JW Insider said:

I think I know what you mean, but just so that no one gets confused, there is no such thing as "the month of PESACH."

Pe·sach
/ˈpāˌsäKH/

noun

• 1.Jewish term for the Passover festival. 

Month of Nissan. I just want to see if you are still critical with words with me, when you're not with others. I see you still are. 

However, thanks, now I know why you're so conflicted with 607 BC.

In 2021, we are in year 5781 of the Jewish calendar (September 19, 2020 - September 6, 2021), and in
September the calendar enters the year 5782 (September 6, 2021 -May 19, 2022).

Rosh Hashana & Vayalekh (And He Went) 25 Sep-1 Oct 2022 (29 Elul-5782-6 Tishrei 5783

I'll ask @TrueTomHarley next time. Maybe he will give the visitor a better answer.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.