• Views 10.6k
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did Elon Musk buy this platform?

Often this happens when the person has reached a resolution to follow through, given their first opportunity. Their paralyzing dilemma resolved, they can give the appearance that all is completely wel

Where is your respect for truthful speech?!  Every single news report told that Police said that they were MARRIED and FORMER MEMBERS of the Congregation.  Why the contentious spirit?  Who are you

Posted Images

I like how all those "brave" folks say they go packing to church....and that none of this would have happened.... but don't they know there is the element of surprise? True, we don't know the whole story yet, but I doubt any of those gun toting people would have changed the outcome of this particular tragic story. It's obvious the husband only intended to kill himself and his wife....and did it pretty quick probably. 

What if the shooter had decided to kill everybody in the parking lot in addition to his wife?

The police are typically 12 minutes away, but an armed BROTHER could be as little as one 16th of a second (usually 3 to 5 seconds) away to solve the problem without a parking lot full of bodies and blood.

33 minutes ago, xero said:

Other sources say these were former members. I'd be interested to find out more from anyone local.

You know that "former member" and "was not one of Jehovah’s Witnesses" is the same thing in our eyes, and only depends on who is saying it. I.e a news reporter will say "former member" and someone at the KH may say "they were not Witnesses". 

I think the point the media is trying to accomplish is, it's another dark day for shootings in America. That apparent murder-suicide of "former" members of that congregation, doesn't necessarily detail if they were active or former members.

The politics of this world is, should Americans be allowed to carry guns in a house of worship. In some States, that's already allowed. Will a good guy with a gun be helpful in a shooting? 

That depends on the circumstance. There was a couple trying to make a point about guns in a church in 2017, the fool shot himself by accident inside the church. There was a shooting in a Texas church and a person with a gun shoot the suspect. A shooter in California was subdued by church members, no guns. One size doesn't fit all.

People that look at scripture in Jesus time might say, Some apostles carried swords. Yes! They did, but how many apostles involved themselves with Roman politics or an incursion in a synagogue. I recall, when Jesus was jailed, tried, and killed without so much as 1 apostle doing anything about it. I believe Christ words were, if my kingdom was part of this world, my servants would fight for me.

John 18:36 Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world; if it were, My servants would fight to prevent My arrest by the Jews. But now My kingdom is not of this realm." Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders.

It is a tragedy, we should just leave it at that.

4 hours ago, Moise Racette said:

It is a tragedy, we should just leave it at that.

Well put, Scripturally based statements….But this is more than a tragedy.

This is a strong MESSAGE - inherent in the actions that played out on that Kingdom Hall property in Denver.

The MESSAGE is a HIGHLY SYMBOLIC EXPRESSION OF RAGE, EXASPERATION, DESPERATION and ANGUISH!!

The perpetrator left behind evidence of this: 1) His murdered wife  2) His murdered self 3) Three incendiary devices found at the scene 4) A 911 phone call at 9 AM telling that there was a fire at the Kingdom Hall

I was told that at a nearby Kingdom Hall Meeting yesterday, it was announced that the murder was carried out by people who were not Jehovah’s Witnesses and it was coincidence that it occurred on Kingdom Hall property. This defies logic. This appears to be deceit without regard for truth and accuracy.

I posit that it would be more constructive for the members of the two congregations that use that Kingdom Hall to ask themselves:

• Do I need to be supplicating Jehovah for mercy in any neglected shepherding or lack of love shown to these desperate souls?
  • Did the Shepherds seek the lost sheep as Jesus and Jehovah instruct?
  • Was Justice given to their situation?

Both local news sources, Denver7 and 9news, told in their original stories, which have not changed for over 24 hours, that the Police stated that the two murdered adults were former members of a Jehovah’s Witness congregation at this Kingdom Hall.

Why else was this Kingdom Hall chosen as a murder site?

Why else was this Kingdom Hall chosen to be set on fire?

The perpetrator was sending a message to Somebody (singular or plural) who attends THIS Kingdom Hall.

Let he who has ears, listen…

BTW I do attend and am a member of a Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses in the Denver metro area. That does not mean that I know more than the police on site investigating the case. Irrespective of my geographic location, I am able to hear A VERY STRONG and MOST EMPHATIC message being sent by the perpetrator. 

@xero@Anna@TrueTomHarley@Pudgy

2 hours ago, Amidstheroses said:

Both local news sources, Denver7 and 9news, told in their original stories, which have not changed for over 24 hours, that the Police stated that the two murdered adults were former members of a Jehovah’s Witness congregation at this Kingdom Hall.

@xero@Anna@Pudgy@TrueTomHarley

@Witness

There is some interesting and telling commentary on the TWITTER feed of the THORNTON POLICE DEPT, a local Police department which is one of the law enforcement entities involved in the investigation. GO TO BOTTOM OF NEWS STORIES BELOW TO SEE LINK TO TWITTER CONVERSATION / opt to follow this Police Dept on Twitter.

image.png

Copied off local Denver news station, 9News.com, online website:

3 incendiary devices found after murder-suicide at Jehovah's Witness Kingdom Hall

A woman was shot and killed by her husband, who then killed himself Sunday morning in Thornton.
https://www.9news.com/mobile/article/news/crime/active-shooter-jehovah-witness-church-thornton/73-d3e16d55-2169-40aa-9af1-896f63ce35dc

Article shared from the KUSA app, download the app today at https://www.9news.com/appredirect/.

I posit that it would be more constructive for the members of the two congregations that use that Kingdom Hall to ask themselves:

• Do I need to be supplicating Jehovah for mercy in any neglected shepherding or lack of love shown to these desperate souls?

So what you’re saying is that the guy getting pummeled is the one at fault?

image.jpeg

The perpetrator was sending a message to Somebody (singular or plural) who attends THIS Kingdom Hall.

Or wants to. And he sent that person his message right between the eyes. If his primary beef was with some other oaf of.a neglectful shepherd, I would think that is the person who would have been plugged.

Why else was this Kingdom Hall chosen to be set on fire?

Very likely because the wife was ‘returning to Jehovah’ and the hothead murderer was not going to stand for it. What better place to carry out his rage than at the house of Jehovah?

Of course, there could be more to the story, but I’d hate to assume it. Trouble in the guys life? I think a good default position to take is that of Proverbs 19:3

It is a man’s own foolishness that distorts his way, And his heart becomes enraged against Jehovah.”

Crazies and murderers are a dime a dozen today. Though we are inching that way, thus far we have not reached the new normal of finding out who the fellow was angry with and punishing that one for setting him off.

It’s like the guy in Australia (cue @Thinking) who planted a bomb in a Kingdom Hall that killed the speaker and injured several others. They caught him decades later in connection with some other offense. He turned out to be a lifelong loser and hothead who terrorized everyone in his wake on any number of pretexts and had for his entire life. His wife at the time had been attending the Kingdom Hall—thus the brothers became that year’s target.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.