The World News Media

TOP STORY TODAY:  DETAILS TO FOLLOW …..

Pudgy

The Denver Post doesn't make any sense. If the pair was working together to harm Witnesses at the Kingdom hall, like Bonnie and Clyde, they would have died like Bonnie and Clyde, not murder-suicide.

But, just like anything that sparks speculation by disenchanted witnesses here, why don't people just invoke their right to free speech and be brave enough to let the Org know how they really feel about it. Then look to start your own religion, just like Some Israelites did when they started worshiping Baal.

Also, wordplay with the word "murder" doesn't make a difference.

(Matthew 5:21) 21 “You heard that it was said to those of ancient times: ‘You must not murder, but whoever commits a murder will be accountable to the court of justice.. . .

Let's not start misrepresenting scripture to the public in what is considered self-defense to a Christian of Faith. Should Jesus have used the self-defense ideology to preserve his life?

It appears, this topic should have been entered in the "closed forum" so illogical participants could air their complaints about the Org in a private group setting.

The difference with Murder is, even thought you might NOT be judged by man's law with self-defense, you won't escape God's judgment, since God still considers it murder.

(James 2:10, 11) 10 For if anyone obeys all the Law but makes a false step in one point, he has become an offender against all of it. 11 For the one who said, “You must not commit adultery,” also said, “You must not murder.” If, now, you do not commit adultery but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of law. . .

Once again, let's not combine man's law and the bible with our own belief to justify an erred assumption. Murder is murder to God, justified or not, and a person will be judged for taking the life of another by God, justified or not.

That is why, people cannot apply that hypothetical in wartime to justify murder through war in order to preserve ones own life. Simply put, we should not place ourselves in a position to be judged just like those two individuals if they had a sinful motive.

• Views 10.6k
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did Elon Musk buy this platform?

Often this happens when the person has reached a resolution to follow through, given their first opportunity. Their paralyzing dilemma resolved, they can give the appearance that all is completely wel

Where is your respect for truthful speech?!  Every single news report told that Police said that they were MARRIED and FORMER MEMBERS of the Congregation.  Why the contentious spirit?  Who are you

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, Moise Racette said:

Murder is murder to God, justified or not, and a person will be judged for taking the life of another by God, justified or not.

I don't think anybody here is disputing that.

The thing is, the man was obviously not of sound mind to take such drastic action. The question is, what got him into this desperate state? Or was he already unstable and something happened that was the last straw that broke the camels back? What is clear is as Amidsttheroses says; he sent a strong message.

What was he trying to say is what I would like to know.

(I agree, this topic should be moved to the closed club.

Would you mind @JW Insiderwhen you have a moment? Thank you!)

1 hour ago, Anna said:

The thing is, the man was obviously not of sound mind to take such drastic action. The question is, what got him into this desperate state? Or was he already unstable and something happened that was the last straw that broke the camels back? What is clear is as Amidsttheroses says; he sent a strong message.

What is the psychology of Satan to use imperfection to his advantage? Should any witness be surprised? The fact you have forums, such as this one promoting negative things about the Org and it's members, gives people emotional ammunition to justify their behavior.

https://nypost.com/2019/08/15/caller-threatens-mass-shooting-at-kingdom-hall-of-jehovahs-witnesses/

https://www.unionleader.com/news/crime/police-man-accused-of-shooting-up-jehovahs-witness-kingdom-hall-was-there-to-commit-suicide/article_9599604c-5685-5e22-9a29-cffac8dd2e02.html

https://www.kiro7.com/news/south-sound-news/shots-fired-into-kingdom-hall-of-jehovahs-witnesses/750155526/

I second the motion on moving this topic. I feel, there should at least be one place for scholarly bible discussions.

12 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

I prefer leaving it here where people who have already read it and weighed in can continue to do so. Maybe just start another version of the same topic over there?

I think Pudgy already has it in the closed club too, but everyone started commenting on it here. Probably because they didn't notice what club it was. I didn't straight away..

If you research the Hebrew word for “murder” the analysis is quite extensive.

There is a world of difference between “justifiable homicide” and “murder”. 

Self defense is justifiable homicide.

If you prefer, you can always let the scumbag KILL YOU and/or your family and friends instead. 

It was common practice during Jesus’ time for all men to be armed, all the time …. Especially fishermen.

Or do you think that for 3-1/2 years Jesus did not notice that at least two Apostles and those fishermen Apostles carried knives and swords?

if someone is trying to kill you, and you defend yourself and kill him first, yes there is BLOODGUILT.

His blood is on his OWN HANDS, not yours.…

.….. much better than having YOUR blood all over the parking lot.

I strongly suspect when at least two Apostles were carrying their personal swords, they were not also carrying over sized spoons and forks.

51B6C1D0-D0BC-42A1-89E1-1EB546BD9EAB.jpeg

59C75DFE-4F53-4005-86CC-405493B3DA34.jpeg

407C99E9-189F-4C35-B0E4-F6712E1010F6.jpeg

@JW Insider I don't mind if you remove or delete my comments in order for this topic to go into "JW Closed Forum" I believe all the participants and posters here, aside from me are already members of that JW closed forum where even a d'fd person that is liked can participate unimpeded.

That's not the value of scripture with its application, but friendship of man, before God, is the norm in that forum.

Then the poster doesn't understand the biblical implication of what murder means to God. That opinion of murder in the eyes of man is meaningless.

That salty application also indicates, the poster has no faith in God's promise of resurrection. Human value.

ESV | 1 Ch 22:8 But the word of the LORD came to me, saying, ‘You have shed much blood and have waged great wars. You shall not build a house to my name, because you have shed so much blood before me on the earth. 

God's righteous Justice is indisputable, not for any man.

Moise:

You are confusing two entirely different principles.

In the Bible, and today among every nation on Earth, warfare is NEVER CONSIDERED TO BE MURDER.

OTHERWISE … there could never be peace!

…..be a sport.

Actually look it up.

(…. and as an aside, you always revert to ad hominem attacks when your arguments are failing.)

1878B7F8-1BDF-49CE-BFBC-F0ED74E2BC21.jpeg

It's sad, posters confuse scripture to make their own understanding justified. I guess the same can be said about the incident in question. Somehow, human imperfection will always play a role in Satan's world.

Never understood how, "truth" can be ad hominem. Must be logic when those attacks are made in form of a cartoon.

1 Corinthians 15:33

FYI - In my congregation we had two suicides, and our sister congregation had a couple who drove off to Florida and gassed themselves. One of the suicides was a fellow young elder and that was really hard and I didn't see it coming. The other one was a young man who took some sleeping pills and drowned himself. The couple I didn't know other than in passing and I got a mental vibe off them like there was something wrong with them before it happened. The young man who took some sleeping pills was a missed opportunity. I felt bad about him because he kept "making up" stuff to confess to and I tried to explain to him that the things he was doing weren't great, but didn't rise to the level of judicial intervention. At the time I was just really exhausted. I was working full time, pioneering, handling the school and I was just used up. I didn't have the band width to deal w/needy. Maybe I should have made room, but he had another brother who was doing OK and his parents and it's not like I was the only elder available. He wasn't even in my book study.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.