The World News Media

Let's Talk About Evolution!

John 12.24to28

4 hours ago, boyle said:

The characteristics and traits are the same, but why do “women” hold women to a different standard within society, when it comes to accepting it, even though their gender can be just as evil?

You tend to talk about things that are bothering you, @boyle, so as to any female pedophile problem you have, here are some things to consider...

In ancient Israel, there were many forms of disgusting and sordid behavior. Child sacrifice. Baal worship, with male and female temple prostitutes. The people came out of Egypt and were given laws against bestiality and abuse, why? Because that's the kind of lifestyle they had known. That's what was going on in the cultures around them. 

Rahab was from Jericho. Many false religions of old would make girls give their virginity at the "sacred temples" in a form of ritual prostitution. It was part of their culture. It was wrong and bad and disgusting, but many people took part in it and supported it. Woman allowed their children to go to the "temple" to be used in immoral ways.

Jehovah regulated polygamy because the people were already so prone to rebel against God's standards, He made the concession temporarily for polygamy, but can you imagine what a mess that would have been to live in such a household back then? We don't have to imagine - there is a Bible record. Before the Mosaic Law: Sarah and Hagar; Leah and Rachel and Bilhah and Zilpah. After the Mosaic Law: Hannah and Peninnah. And I'd hate to know how it went in Solomon's house.

When Jesus walked the earth, there was still immorality in Israel. Mary Magdalene had been abused by seven demons. The account in Noah tells us that wicked spirits used to materialize bodies and they would take anyone they chose. Can you imagine poor Mary Magdalene being abused by seven of them at once? What kinds of sick twisted immoral things did they put that woman through? 

How about the woman in this account: 

"Now one of the Pharisees kept asking him to dine with him. So he entered the house of the Pharisee and reclined at the table. And look! a woman who was known in the city to be a sinner learned that he was dining in the house of the Pharisee, and she brought an alabaster jar of perfumed oil.  Taking a position behind him at his feet, she wept and began to wet his feet with her tears, and she wiped them off with the hair of her head. Also, she tenderly kissed his feet and poured the perfumed oil on them.  

"Seeing this, the Pharisee who had invited him said to himself: “If this man were really a prophet, he would know who and what kind of woman it is who is touching him, that she is a sinner.”"

What kind of sinner was she? The Bible doesn't say. And yet Jesus said she was forgiven.

"But in reply Jesus said to him: “Simon, I have something to say to you.” 

"He said: “Teacher, say it!” 

"“Two men were debtors to a certain lender; the one was in debt for 500 de·narʹi·i, but the other for 50.  When they did not have anything to pay him back with, he freely forgave them both. Therefore, which one of them will love him more?”  

"In answer Simon said: “I suppose it is the one whom he forgave more.” 

"He said to him: “You judged correctly.”  

"With that he turned to the woman and said to Simon: “Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave me no water for my feet. But this woman wet my feet with her tears and wiped them off with her hair.  You gave me no kiss, but this woman, from the hour that I came in, did not stop tenderly kissing my feet.  You did not pour oil on my head, but this woman poured perfumed oil on my feet.  Because of this, I tell you, her sins, many though they are, are forgiven, because she loved much. But the one who is forgiven little, loves little.”  

"Then he said to her: “Your sins are forgiven.”  

"Those reclining at the table with him started to say among themselves: “Who is this man who even forgives sins?”  

"But he said to the woman: “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

• Views 4.7k
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just read up about the Cambrian explosion and you will not believe in evolution.  This cambrian "explosion" is never talked about by evolutionists  because all animals suddenly appeared in one layer /

And did you know that over eons Fozzie Bear evolved into Yoda? (… albeit in a galaxy, far, far away ….) Proof? Listen to their voices! Look at the hair in Yoda’s ears! They BOTH sound

How evolutionary theory evolves...an illustrative short story:   So you've got a bunch of guys in khaki shorts running around with a few tiny pieces of what they think might be old human bon

Posted Images

On 4/19/2023 at 8:09 PM, boyle said:

some forms of creation have evolved to adapt to whatever spot in time

Okay, back on the other definition of evolution again...

Some people think that if you let enough time go by, an octopus will improve their "cognitive awareness". They might say that dolphins are showing such "cognitive awareness". And that chimpanzees are really "cognitively aware".

("Cognitive awareness"??? Code-word for another-evolutionary-theorist-vocabulary-higher-than-you-so-I-must-be-smarter-because-I've-got-cooler-science-words.)

Here's a picture of a nice old Volkswagen. Did you know that if enough time goes by and there is another open spot for it because of life cycles changing and environmental cues, it will, completely on its own and by random mutations for natural selection, increase its "cognitive awareness" and evolve into the Millennial Falcon???

(😆 Yeah, only in sci-fi world dreams...)

IMG_7398.jpeg

IMG_7399.jpeg

32 minutes ago, boyle said:

Zoologists don't undermine the intelligence of animals

Zoologists are individuals, just like any other scientist. They are affected by their own personal beliefs and biases.

One famous evolutionary theorist is Richard Dawkins. He doesn't think there's a Creator.

"Richard Dawkins said so, so it must be true, it's like, magic of reality or something, yeah, evolution." Not! (Who is Richard Dawkins anyway and why does anybody trust him to teach about anything in creation when he can't even figure out that there is a Creator? Isn't that a little bit like going to an English teacher who doesn't know their ABC's?)

Here's some fantasy for sci-fi lovers: The subtle aspects of biological variation amidst the nuances of multiple complexities constantly shift to concepts that add up to equating unique traits. I mean, the significantly astronomical cognitive powers mutate and the evolutionary pressure culls off negativity to lead to optimal leaps. And because the selective pressures are changing, the unique traits of the old rusty Volkswagon can be directly linked to the environment, so if you wait like a billion years, all those small changes will add up and the old rusty Volkswagon will have AI or evolve into something like this...

IMG_7401.jpeg

IMG_7400.jpeg

37 minutes ago, boyle said:

Really, did he tell you that directly? I thought it had to do with a lot of issues imperfect people were demonstrating to him, that he felt compelled to denounce all evil and pretenders in the most harsh way. I don't know what kind of understanding ExJWs have on the matter, but scripture is straight forward. If it wasn't, then why did Paul add his wisdom in 2 Timothy 4? Just to fill up space in the scrolls?

Jesus never denounced anybody in a harsh way. He was straightforward, yes, but not overly harsh.

"You see, I was in fear of you, because you are a harsh man; you take what you did not deposit, and you reap what you did not sow.’  He said to him, ‘By your own words I judge you, wicked slave. You knew, did you, that I am a harsh man, taking what I did not deposit and reaping what I did not sow?  So why did you not put my money in a bank? Then on my coming, I would have collected it with interest."

The Master in the illustration was not the one who was harsh. It was the slave who was wicked and harsh. The slave was lazy and mean and bad. Even though the Master had given him everything he needed, that slave still refused to work, and then the slave had the nerve to call the Master bad names. 

Jesus is not harsh. Jesus has never been harsh.

2 Timothy 4 is talking about how to deal with false teachers in the congregation. The context of Revelation is different.

In Revelation, Jesus said to John: "What you see, write in a scroll and send it to the seven congregations: in Ephʹe·sus, in Smyrʹna, in Perʹga·mum, in Thy·a·tiʹra, in Sarʹdis, in Philadelphia, and in La·o·di·ceʹa...So write down the things you saw, and the things that are, and the things that will take place after these." Some of the things written to the congregations were specific to those ancient congregations. "The things that are." Some of the things written to the congregations are for our day. "The things that will take place after these."

In Revelation chapters 2 and 3, many times Jesus says that he will be coming soon to remove their lampstand or to reward the faithful in the congregation. He says some of the congregations are like a synagogue of Satan with lots of really bad things going on. He says for some Christians that being near those congregations is like being in prison. To other Christians he says they need more love. Right near the verses later about Armageddon, Jesus says to keep on outer garments that no one may see their nakedness. He is talking about being clothed with love. Jesus talked about love all the time. The illustration regarding being lukewarm or cold was also about showing love.

The congregation has evolved into a cold place. There are many faithful individual Christians in the congregations, but there is also a lot of coldness as far as love is concerned. Jesus is coming to remedy that situation very soon. In the meantime, any Christians who find themselves in figurative "prison" for the "ten days" must maintain their strong love and faith and hope. Jesus is coming to set us free from this particular situation shortly. (Disfellowshipping doctrine will be removed soon, at the beginning of the great tribulation.)

50 minutes ago, boyle said:

I don't have a problem, but your mental state does, if you think you can use reverse psychology on me, lol! I told you a few times not to be twisting my comments. I don't know why you keep insisting.

Do you get off, twisting people's comments? Or can it be you think it gives you more ammunition to boast about other things that aren't related? Either way, you seem to be impressing yourself, so please, continue, lol!

You just expose your heart every time you speak.

How to talk like an Evolutionary Theorist and Impress All Your Friends...

Randomly select four words from this list:

virtually

lineages

microorganisms

originated

process

common ancestors

organisms

fundamental

progeny

molecular

genes

mimicry

comprehensive

DNA

diversity

distinguishable

differences

modifications

successive

generations

fundamental

keystones

species

million

any word ending in "-ity"

any word ending in "-istry"

any word ending in "-ology"

any word with at least five syllables

any word that sounds like Spock might use

Add an adjective to every other word you selected from the above list and make a grammatically correct sentence. (It doesn't have to make sense, as long as it sounds good.)

Form the sentences into paragraphs until you fill several pages. Then go back to each paragraph and insert the name of somebody who published information on evolutionary theory (you can use Google if you want.)

Congratulations! Now you are a convert to the Cult of Evolutionary Theology! And you didn't even need to get a degree! 😃

WDS  -  ( the “inside to outside version”…)

The agenda driven humorless stain on the soul of humanity that makes most people dislike talking to Jehovah’s Witnesses.

JW core beliefs should be welcomed, with a line outside the Kingdom Halls of people wanting to get in!

100BA88A-6B8B-49EA-9E44-1349CCEAA70E.png

The Earth’s population is increasing roughly for every new JW, a hundred more people are born. … and it takes about 27 witnessing “man years” to produce ONE new JW who will stay his whole life!

10 minutes ago, boyle said:

WDS - funny you made that statement. People coming here think pudgy and Audrey are Jehovah's witnesses. How wrong they are, but that's what they tell people in the streets.

I don’t.

As usual, ad nauseum, you slander by making accusations based on a distorted world view not based on real world facts.

I feel sorry for you … truly.

21 minutes ago, boyle said:

More, psycho babble!

Since we're talking about Evolution/Make-Believe, here is a make-believe conversation with someone who believes in evolution...

Jehovah's witness says: "God had the Bible written down."

Atheist says: "That's dumb. God couldn't write a book."

Jehovah's witness says: "Can you write a book?"

Atheist says: "Yes."

Jehovah's witness says: "So, you don't think God could write a book?"

Atheist says: "No."

Jehovah's witness says: "Okay. So, you don't believe God exists. How do you think everything got here?"

Atheist says: "In a primordial soup of pre-protein molecules with various complex pressurized changes over millions of millennia multiple mutations morphed in both micro- and macro-evolutionary configurations of quasi-deoxyribonucleic acid and eventually sporadically combined via unknown cataclysmic catalysts into the first living organism."

Jehovah's witness says: "That sounds like a lot of word salad. Now, how did all that happen? Did somebody put those things in place or something?"

Atheist says: "Nope. It all happened like magic. Nobody did it. It just happened all by itself."

Jehovah's witness says: "I can see you read a lot of fantasy books. Do you believe somebody wrote the fantasy books?"

Atheist says: "Yes."

Jehovah's witness says: "So, you believe somebody wrote the fantasy books, but you can't believe that God told somebody write the books of the Bible. You believe some invisible unknown process happened to cause life in the universe, but you can't believe an invisible person could possibly exist and direct the writing of a book to explain that creation process. Is that right?"

Atheist says: "Yes. I don't believe in what I can't see."

Jehovah's witness says: "Have you ever seen any of the authors who wrote your fantasy books? Have you ever seen any of the authors who wrote your evolution books? Have you ever seen any of the authors who wrote any of your school books?"

Atheist says: "No."

Jehovah's witness says: "Then how do you know they exist?"

Atheist says: "Some people on a forum told me, and they seemed pretty convinced. They even used really big vocabulary words."

Really big vocabulary words are overrated.

People can see witnesses. Jehovah had Jesus send out witnesses. There were many witnesses of Jesus' resurrection. There are no witnesses of evolution. You can decide for yourself what makes more sense to believe.

"At that time Jesus said in response: “I publicly praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intellectual ones and have revealed them to young children.  Yes, O Father, because this is the way you approved.  All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one fully knows the Son except the Father; neither does anyone fully know the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son is willing to reveal him.  Come to me, all you who are toiling and loaded down, and I will refresh you.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am mild-tempered and lowly in heart, and you will find refreshment for yourselves.  For my yoke is kindly, and my load is light.”

45 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

WDS  -  ( the “inside to outside version”…)

The agenda driven humorless stain on the soul of humanity that makes most people dislike talking to Jehovah’s Witnesses.

JW core beliefs should be welcomed, with a line outside the Kingdom Halls of people wanting to get in!

100BA88A-6B8B-49EA-9E44-1349CCEAA70E.png

"Therefore this is what Jehovah the God of Israel says: ‘Here I am bringing such a disaster on Jerusalem and Judah that it will make both ears of anyone who hears about it tingle.  And I will stretch out on Jerusalem the measuring line applied to Sa·marʹi·a and use the leveling tool applied to the house of Aʹhab, and I will wipe Jerusalem clean, just as one wipes a bowl clean, wiping it and turning it upside down.  I will forsake the remnant of my inheritance and give them into the hand of their enemies, and they will become plunder and spoil to all their enemies,  because they did what was bad in my eyes and were continually offending me from the day that their forefathers came out of Egypt to this day.’”

Jehovah has allowed the nations to "wipe" the "stain" away in the past. He will do it again shortly.

Then there won't be any more "Kingdom Halls". It'll just be good-hearted people doing the best they can to encourage one another for 3 1/2 years until the UN gets their time in the limelight complete. Jehovah will gather us together more like a real family instead of this bogus business corporation stuff. Then more people will want to hang out with us (us meaning Jehovah's friends, anybody who can help others learn about Jehovah's personality, from whatever background they are), instead of like how it is today, pushing people away all the time with the Pharisee-like coldness.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.