The World News Media

Jehovah's Witness paedophile discovered to be back working with children at a church run by his father-in-law

Jack Ryan

• Jehovah's Witness elder was convicted of child sex offences last year
  • Richard Hill is back working with children for the religious group
  • Female cousin told investigators he abused her in 1981 when she was six
  • There are claims he is now door-knocking homes alongside children
  • His father-in-law is reportedly the senior elder at the local church 

A Jehovah's Witness church patriarch convicted for paedophilia is working alongside children again in Melbourne.

The allegations were made against Richard Hill by his cousin over sexual offences dating back to 1981 when she was aged six.

Hill was found guilty last year but says police are aware of where he works and that he is permitted to do so, according to a report in The Age newspaper.

He is reportedly undertaking door-knocks along with young members of the church.

According to Mr Hill's cousin Melissa Buchanan, he is again working at the church which is run by his family. He was last year found guilty of sexually assaulting Ms Buchanan in 1981 when she was just aged six

The publication claims that Hill's father-in-law is in charge of the movement's Kingdom Hall at Plenty, about 20 kilometres north-east of Melbourne.

'I pleaded not guilty to all charges but we decided not to keep going because of mental stress on my family and the costs,' Hill told The Age.

'I spent over $100,000 defending myself in the courts. You get to a point where you turn the other cheek and walk away. I am definitely not guilty.'

Screen Shot 2016-08-27 at 9.21.33 AM.png

The allegations of abuse from 35 years ago were brought against him by relative Melissa Buchanan - investigators were told they had been living in the same home at the time when he entered her room after showering wearing only a towel.

Ms Buchanan, 41, was then forced to sit on his lap and told to be quiet as he sexually abused her.

The victim - who is no longer part of the church and has been shunned for deciding to leave - says the incident was kept quiet by her family in an attempt to protect theirs and the church's reputation.

Screen Shot 2016-08-27 at 9.21.26 AM.png

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3759504/Jehovah-s-Witness-paedophile-discovered-working-children-church-run-father-law.html#ixzz4IYBW95vu 

• Views 694
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.