The World News Media

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS | Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Certain Holidays?

The Librarian

2 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Sometimes ... it helps to be too big to get on any truck to take to the slaughter house.

That is my profound thought for today ..... the rest of my posts today I will be transmitting telepathically.

If you think of something profound, and funny .... that would be me!

AP18332206203289-1.jpg

I thought this was fake news. Probably from the GB :)

• Views 3.7k
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Srecko Sostar   Srecko, your words are true. Of course we can express our feelings in words and it is not blasphemy.  And in my opinion the scriptures were written for the Anointed, we are just

The 'Watchtower' is just a magazine. The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is :- The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania is a non-stock, not-for-profit organization[4] headquarte

They say if it's not a religious festival everyone must make up his mind according to their own conscience. Then they list a scripture that criticises every form of special day whether it celebrates a

Posted Images

3 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Sometimes ... it helps to be too big to get on any truck to take to the slaughter house.

That is my profound thought for today ..... the rest of my posts today I will be transmitting telepathically.

If you think of something profound, and funny .... that would be me!

AP18332206203289-1.jpg

I just saw this on the news today.

@BillyTheKid46 Well one thing for certain. Some who thinks they know the Scriptures hold too steadfast on to pagan holidays and practices they love so much, even outside of religion, some people forbids the celebration of holidays because they know the roots, it's origins and the like.

You'd be surprised of how many people went after the Naive Americans during and after Thanksgiving, and who else but those who defend the holiday, even going as far as to send their kids into the fray to demonize people who are against Thanksgiving.

The same can be said of other Holidays. Since December is coming up, there are those who think this Holiday is of the Christ, his Birthday as they call it, but the reality is, it is not. They are quick to attack you for it, go after you for it, not realizing their own ignorance and dishonesty when even the Jewish calendar is placed before them.

That being said, even on that day people do not care about Jesus at all, they go on shopping spreads, they go to wild parties whereas anything goes in the realm of sex and drunkenness, for such actions beget unwanted children and or hit and run, drunk driving and so forth, others, not having a care in the world.

You can be preaching about the Christ and His God, but will be met with those proclaiming the one they call Santa Claus, while you have the demonic folk giving praise to Krampus, and the cherry on top of it all, Sun God and Yule Tree Idolatry.

JUST IN ... FROM THE TELEPATHIC NEWS NETWORK:

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS | Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Certain Holidays?

Reasons vary by individual person, WTB&TS policy, and what particular holiday you are asking about

A survey of approximately 6 million Jehovah's Witnesses said 58% do not celebrate  Halloween because they find it very, very irritating to have uninvited people knocking on their doors when they are trying to take a nap.

1 hour ago, Space Merchant said:

@Srecko Sostar So how would you interpret that verse if you don't mind me asking?

... no prophecy of Scripture, or parables or moral lessons comes from someone’s own interpretation.....

I don't mind you asking me. But my understanding of this or that has a certain, temporary value only for me in fact. In this moment i do not see what importance, about this issue, my interpretation would bring to you S.M. You are Bible scholar of sort, and Jesus and his teachings leaves its influence on every person in a specific way, as well on You too. Let put this to/on Him (not to me) to make interpretation for your spiritual need. :))  

21 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

... no prophecy of Scripture, or parables or moral lessons comes from someone’s own interpretation.....

I don't mind you asking me. But my understanding of this or that has a certain, temporary value only for me in fact. In this moment i do not see what importance, about this issue, my interpretation would bring to you S.M. You are Bible scholar of sort, and Jesus and his teachings leaves its influence on every person in a specific way, as well on You too. Let put this to/on Him (not to me) to make interpretation for your spiritual need. :))  

I'm asking for the verse/passage in question that you brought up, not prophecy. Take a good look at your own response in page 3 before you end up in a pretzel twist, of which, concerning you, begets oddities beyond measure and comprehension.

If you do not know what I am referring to it is Acts 15:2, to an extent you also mentioned Matthew 24:45-47.

Therefore, to quote myself; I will attest

On 11/28/2018 at 10:59 AM, Space Merchant said:

@Srecko Sostar So how would you interpret that verse if you don't mind me asking?

22 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

JUST IN ... FROM THE TELEPATHIC NEWS NETWORK:

Reasons vary by individual person, WTB&TS policy, and what particular holiday you are asking about

A survey of approximately 6 million Jehovah's Witnesses said 58% do not celebrate  Halloween because they find it very, very irritating to have uninvited people knocking on their doors when they are trying to take a nap.

And 100% among them and even other Christians are not fans of The Day of the Dead, especially to Christians who reside in some parts of Africa as well as the Caribbean Mexico and parts of South America.

I think I recall telling you a real life example of a Christian taking it upon himself to go about in the neighborhood on that day giving a Bible to people and telling them that Halloween isn't something to be celebrated some time ago.

3 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

I am the door (the gate); if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.

I asked you to interpret Acts 15:2 and Matthew 24:45-47. I didn't ask you for John 10:9. Plus you are quoting Scripture, not explaining it - 2 different things. Plus you never mention this verse anywhere on any page on this thread alone.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.