• Views 2.1k
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who said that? A donkey?  

There’s a guy I’ve heard about that wants to build a big wall to keep the undesirables out.  He’s changed the design a few times, even the cost to build it.  He’s been caught lying about his plans, in

Have you not seen false visions and uttered lying divinations when you say, “The Lord declares,” though I have not spoken? GB claim how they are "spirit guided", and that The Watchtower as main f

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

desire to posses something is too strong

There’s a guy I’ve heard about that wants to build a big wall to keep the undesirables out.  He’s changed the design a few times, even the cost to build it.  He’s been caught lying about his plans, including who will foot the bill.  Even at the inconvenient sacrifices of thousands, he still doggedly pursues his goal to procure enough money to build his wall.   

It all sounds very familiar to me.   How much does it cost to build a wall of fabricated stories?  Apparently, a LOT.  Ezek 13-1-23

10 hours ago, Witness said:

Ezek 13:1-16

Have you not seen false visions and uttered lying divinations when you say, “The Lord declares,” though I have not spoken?

GB claim how they are "spirit guided", and that The Watchtower as main food instrument for feeding JW people, "declares God's words". We can find sentences in WT publications that directly connecting JHVH and Jesus as speaking through WT magazine and publications. But we see how JHVH not spoken nothing to Them. GB is under "false visions" guidance.   

This brochure is so disturbing.  Perhaps it's all the happy and "peaceful" looks on everyone's faces, influencing JWs that giving to the organization brings contentment.  

“Do not make any gods to be alongside Me; do not make for yourselves gods of silver or gods of gold”.  Exod 20:23

(Put another way: “do not make a god called “Jehovah’s organization that is built with your silver and gold)

It begins with this scripture:  "Honor Jehovah with your valuable things." - Proverbs 3:9   

Is it still true that congregations are growing at a remarkable rate at the same time they’re being consolidated?  It sounds like a revision is in order for this brochure.

"Beyond giving of themselves in the preaching and teaching work, all are privileged to support it through monetary donations.  Doing so is most fitting, for it is vital that this Christian work continue."

It is very sad and hypocritical that the governing body interprets Prov 3:9 as God requiring material possessions when the chapter is about obtaining wisdom from God - truth in Christ, the Logos.  John 1:1  The governing body’s thinking is debased, earthly; not spiritual, but devoid of what the Holy Spirit can teach us.  Phil 3:18,19  They reflect the covetous desires of the world. Gal 5:16-17  Really, JWs, is this how Jesus taught his followers?  Did he say, sell all your belongings and give all those valuables to the rulers of the temple?  He actually chastised them about making his Father’s house a “marketplace”. John 2:16   Interestingly NPR has a program called, “Marketplace” broadcasting the trends in the global economy to help you make the “smartest decisions”, which appears to be the purpose of the brochure above.   The Watchtower wants YOU to invest your money in the latest “trend” to be offered in the last days; an earthly organization that promises spiritual paradise, peace and prosperity, as a high return.  But, is this the smart decision that Jesus expects us to make? 1 Thess 5:3

"Of course, the sources of such donations varied. In the first century, some Christians sold items that they owned, such as fields or houses, and brought the money to the apostles. The apostles distributed these funds to those in need. (Acts 4:34, 35) Others set aside money and gave regular donations to support the work. Thus, people of all walks of life—from the very wealthy to the very poor—had a share.—Luke 21:1-4w18.01 18 ¶7; 19 ¶9

I am wondering, what does the Watchtower mean by supporting the work, since the scripture in Luke 21 has nothing to do with Christ’s preaching work, but everything to do with money going into the temple treasury, the temple that he replaced with his body.  John 2:19,21   Nothing that the organization does today imitates the “work” of the apostles who preached in truth.

For it pleased those from Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor among the saints who are in Jerusalem.  Rom 15:26

And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.  1 Cor 13:3

They desired only that we should remember the poor, the very thing which I also was eager to do. Gal 2:10

Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.  1 Tim 5:8

Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poorand you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”  Matt 19:21

I do hope JWs don’t believe they can “buy” eternal life in the Kingdom by relinquishing their material goods to a voracious Beast; and “investing” oneself to an organization that promises salvation.  Micah 6:11,12; Rev 13:1,4

“The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, that a man found andconcealed, and in his joy he goes and sells everything that he has and buys that field.   “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant searching for fine pearls. 46 And when hefound one very valuable pearl, he went andsold everything that he possessed and purchased it.  Matt 13:44-46

“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; 20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matt 6:19-21

Christ’s and the apostles teachings are still FREE, at least that is the message given to people in the “preaching work”– until one steps into the organization, where “treasures on earth” take precedence over treasures in heaven.

Prov 3:9:

“Honor the Lord with your possessions, (wealth, riches, substance)
And with the firstfruits of all your increase;
10 So your barns will be filled with plenty,
And your vats will overflow with new wine.”

This speaks of God’s “special possession”, the “firstfruits” of God’s children, that must sacrifice their lives as His faithful priests, 'buying' from Christ refined gold filling the heart with the treasure of truth, of wisdom; bringing honor to their Lord. Deut 26:2,4;  2 Pet 2:4,5,9; Rom 8:23; James 1:18; Rom 11:33; 1 Cor 1:4-9

Paul told the anointed firstfruits,

Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own20 For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God with your body.  1 Cor 20:19

“I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see.”  Rev 3:18

I will bring the one-third through the fire, Will refine them as silver is refined, And test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, And I will answer them. I will say, ‘This is My people’; And each one will say, ‘The Lord is my God.’ ”  Zech 13:9

They are the Temple/dwelling of God and Christ, where Holy Spirit, symbolized by wine, will flow freely imparting the wisdom of life to all in the Kingdom.  John 2:3-11

God is not interested in building man’s “temple” with a monetary system that thrives in Satan’s world. This is a dream of men which has corrupted truth with its changing lies.  2 Thess 2:9-12  He encourages all of us to become rich in the teachings of Christ that leads to eternal life. Christ’s “living water” flows through the  sealed “firstfruits”, “trees” bearing fruit in all seasons “for the healing of the nations” of mankind in the Kingdom. John 4:10;7:38; Ezek 47:6,7,12; Ps 104:16; Isa 44:1-5; Zech 4:11,14; Rev 11:4; 22:1,2; Matt 7:16-20   All will become filled with the water that provides life.   The “big trees of righteousness” that Stephen Lett called all JWs during the 2018 Annual Meeting, applies to those chosen to serve in the Temple/Holy City.  Their “fruit”, filled with living water/wine/wisdom/Holy Spirit provides the knowledge of God to all His children.  THIS is what the Kingdom is about, not living in a big beautiful house with a garden, although God’s faithful children will lovingly have their needs well taken care of; it’s about knowing the Father and His Son, and living by the Word.  Micah 4:2

Wisdom has built her house,
She has hewn out her seven pillars;
She has slaughtered her meat,
She has mixed her wine,
She has also furnished her table.
She has sent out her maidens,
She cries out from the highest places of the city,
“Whoever is simple, let him turn in here!”
As for him who lacks understanding, she says to him,
“Come, eat of my bread
And drink of the wine I have mixed.
Forsake foolishness and live,
And go in the way of understanding. Prov 9:106

Wisdom is the fulfilled New Covenant, the dwelling place of God, built on the foundation of the apostles and the prophets -  built on the Body of Christ. 1 Cor 3:16; 2 Cor 6:16; Eph 2:20; Rev 5:6-10; 3:12

And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And the one who hears, let him say, “Come!” And the one who is thirsty, let him come. The one who wants, let him take the water of life freely. Rev 22:17

By reading further in Prov 3:9 we are assured that honoring God with material possessions is not at all what the scripture is teaching us.

Happy is the man who finds wisdom,
And the man who gains understanding;
14 For her proceeds are better than the profits of silver,
And her gain than fine gold.

15 She is more precious than rubies,
And all the things you may desire cannot compare with her.
Length of days is in her right hand,
In her left hand riches and honor.
17 Her ways are ways of pleasantness,
And all her paths are peace.

18 She is a tree of life to those who take hold of her,
And happy are all who retain her.

The days of building temples with material goods are done. We have a Temple already being built with living stones on the anointed Body of Christ – built with the riches of wisdom of truth, bought from Christ once turning away from the WT idol. 1 Pet 2:5,9

We give back to God through our devoted worship and sacrifices of praise. 

Eph 2:20-22; 2 Thess 2:13,14; Luke 7:35; 1 Cor 1:24; Rev 5:11,12

Listen, my dear brothers and sisters: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him? James 2:5

Since we know for ourselves, we know there is money. Money brings many things, almost everything. The Bible gives such a statement: A feast is ready for laughter, and wine makes life merry, but money is the answer for everything. ECL. 10:19.
Money is the answer. It is understandable to me that "the organized religion" or any association, needs money to operate. But manipulation with membership that material things to be rendered for the corporation, because God loves it and wants it, it's really saucy/presumptuous

To educate people for how to "invest" money and other material possessions is what people need in this money based World.

But, does "spiritual leaders" aka GB, and particular WT Department existing for that purpose? To give financial advises to "the flock"? Is it Their task to take care about member's money and real estate and silver and gold? Is it on Them to collect member's possessions INTO WT Corporation/s?  

Task for Church Leadership (according to their own new light about 1919 doctrine) is this:

to SHARE Spiritual Food. 

NOT to COLLECT Material Possessions

TO SHARE  vs. TO COLLECT ....opposite verbs, Antonyms Not Synonyms  

If they Collect Money, only reason for that must be to Help PEOPLE, and  NOT to making new buildings and buying Things for "fine life" inside those WALLS (literal and spiritual walls, by the way).  Not to building KH on members expenses and then, after some years to Sold it and put money in WT Corporation account, and not giving one single $ to Congregants who contribute in building with own money, time, food, working power and skills.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.