The Librarian

• Views 1.5k
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Laughing at the idea that we are 'helping Jehovah' by setting aside a specific, pre-planned amount of money in advance every month so that we don't forget to donate -- and automatically get a receipt.

Our efforts in working shoulder to shoulder are ways to help one another, encourage one another, and in some tenuous way, I would agree that they could "help" Jehovah. I think a more accurate way to w

Curiously, the spanish version says: "because this is how I collaborate with the work of Jehovah every month" It may be the translator felt hesitant to pour out such a shocking phrase

If it's true that they are making 3 year olds unbaptised publishers, then a family with four children and two adults could be counted as six publishers. There by pushing up the numbers of JW's Earthwide if this is used on a large scale.

However that household may only have one income, so six publishers, but only one contribution per month. 

It's not surprising then that the donations are going down, because in earlier years the total number on Witnesses didn't need 3 year olds to make up the numbers. There were more adults to make donations, but now many of them have left the Org of their own choice. 

17 hours ago, The Librarian said:

@JOHN BUTLER  I also heard of a JW somewhere who ate insects!!!!  I know astonishing isn't it!!?!?

I saw it written somewhere on the Internet that Judge Rutherford ate insects. So it must be true.

BTW.. I love tacos.

I think you are getting confused with John the Baptist who ate locusts. 

However you may see the reason for my comment if you look on other topics, and i did say IF it is true.  

1 hour ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

I think you are getting confused with John the Baptist who are locusts. 

However you may see the reason for my comment if you look on other topics, and i did say IF it is true.  

If you have an early Sunday Morning meeting, you know that you have to race away from the Kingdom Hall as soon as possible to get to the Golden Corral before the Baptists show up like a plague of locusts!

For YEARS I have been vigorously and persistently telling people that when they make a contribution ... even if it's only $20 ... to the B.L.F.M, that they are making the world a happier place, in a small way alleviating world hunger, and honoring God in an indirect way.

After 35 years, I find this still to be true, and encourage all to donate what you can, and donate often! ... either at home, or at the office or place of work.

You will be making the World a better place!

4 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

If you have an early Sunday Morning meeting, you know that you have to race away from the Kingdom Hall as soon as possible to get to the Golden Corral before the Baptists show up like a plague of locusts!

Yep shows i should wake up before typing :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.