Witness

• Views 2.9k
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You are so polished at blame-shifting, not even addressing the topic.  It's okay that you are lied to, by men who are getting rich through their tried and true scheming methods that fleece the flock. 

@4Jah2me, I think you understand the role of the anointed as the holy priesthood and "living stones" of God's Temple. (1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17; Eph 2:19-22)    Samuel Herd once said, "all" JWs are

Oh dear. I know you think I'm nuts, suffering from WDS, (should you trademark this?), but I think you've been ingesting too much of WT's twisted teachings. 🙂 Oh, that could also be a sign of WDS!  Tha

David Splane continues:

“By the end of the century, he certainly had shown he had blessed the efforts of the brothers, do you know that every year since 1983 more than 144,000 have been baptized each year and our brothers today don’t have the gifts of the spirit. 

So what does this indicate?  It indicates that Jehovah has made a mighty outpouring of his spirit in these last days.  It’s a marvelous thing to behold.  When you think of it, we sort of had our explanation backwards in the past, because in the past the idea was that the spirit was poured out in 1919 and the locust went to work because the locust were Jehovah’s people.  But that’s not what the Bible says, is it.  The Bible says the locust finished their work and after that the spirit is poured out. “

The change in the locust identity was made in 2019.  The “mighty outpouring” of holy spirit has now become evident as beginning in 1983 onward. 

This was the teaching of the locust in 1989:

• Joel’s prophecy gives us even more food for thought. Why, “the great and fear-inspiring day of Jehovah” is imminent! Mankind must be warned. Like the locusts in Joel’s prophecy, Jehovah’s Witnesses devastate Christendom by relentlessly exposing her spiritually barren state. This arouses the fury and opposition of her leaders, but any wall-like obstacles they try to set in the path of the symbolic locusts prove ineffective. Jehovah has poured out his spirit upon his people, equipping them to announce his judgments. Therefore, in the short time remaining before God’s fear-inspiring day, let us have a full share in helping others to ‘call on the name of Jehovah so as to get away safe.’
    w89 3/15 pp. 30-31

The same year - 1989 “They have a modern Governing Body of older Christian men from various parts of the earth who give needed oversight to the worldwide activities of God's people. these men, like the apostles and older men in Jerusalem in the first century, are anointed members of the faithful and discreet slave class designated by Jesus to care for all of his Kingdom interests here upon earth. History has proved that they can be trusted to follow the direction of the holy spirit and that they do not rely on human wisdom in teaching the flock of God the ways of genuine peace. (The Watchtower; Dec. 15, 1989; p. 6)

Well, no.  They can’t be trusted whatsoever, because THEY taught that JW “locusts” were devastating Christendom in 1989, six years after Splane says the Holy Spirit was beginning to be “poured out” onto the organization. 

They rely totally on human wisdom.  There is a Spirit of Truth and a spirit of falsehood. (1 John 4:6) David Splane harbors the spirit of falsehood.  Luke 6:45

57 minutes ago, Witness said:

David Splane continues:

“By the end of the century, he certainly had shown he had blessed the efforts of the brothers, do you know that every year since 1983 more than 144,000 have been baptized each year and our brothers today don’t have the gifts of the spirit. 

So what does this indicate?  It indicates that Jehovah has made a mighty outpouring of his spirit in these last days.  It’s a marvelous thing to behold.  When you think of it, we sort of had our explanation backwards in the past, because in the past the idea was that the spirit was poured out in 1919 and the locust went to work because the locust were Jehovah’s people.  But that’s not what the Bible says, is it.  The Bible says the locust finished their work and after that the spirit is poured out. “

The change in the locust identity was made in 2019.  The “mighty outpouring” of holy spirit has now become evident as beginning in 1983 onward. 

This was the teaching of the locust in 1989:

• Joel’s prophecy gives us even more food for thought. Why, “the great and fear-inspiring day of Jehovah” is imminent! Mankind must be warned. Like the locusts in Joel’s prophecy, Jehovah’s Witnesses devastate Christendom by relentlessly exposing her spiritually barren state. This arouses the fury and opposition of her leaders, but any wall-like obstacles they try to set in the path of the symbolic locusts prove ineffective. Jehovah has poured out his spirit upon his people, equipping them to announce his judgments. Therefore, in the short time remaining before God’s fear-inspiring day, let us have a full share in helping others to ‘call on the name of Jehovah so as to get away safe.’
    w89 3/15 pp. 30-31

The same year - 1989 “They have a modern Governing Body of older Christian men from various parts of the earth who give needed oversight to the worldwide activities of God's people. these men, like the apostles and older men in Jerusalem in the first century, are anointed members of the faithful and discreet slave class designated by Jesus to care for all of his Kingdom interests here upon earth. History has proved that they can be trusted to follow the direction of the holy spirit and that they do not rely on human wisdom in teaching the flock of God the ways of genuine peace. (The Watchtower; Dec. 15, 1989; p. 6)

Well, no.  They can’t be trusted whatsoever, because THEY taught that JW “locusts” were devastating Christendom in 1989, six years after Splane says the Holy Spirit was beginning to be “poured out” onto the organization. 

They rely totally on human wisdom.  There is a Spirit of Truth and a spirit of falsehood. (1 John 4:6) David Splane harbors the spirit of falsehood.  Luke 6:45

The things that comes out of the mouth of this GB 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤷‍♂️, are we just plain ignorant all for believing this utter nonsense in the past.... 

Are you guys not understanding what was going on when the 'helper' came? It did nothing but open the way for the heavenly reward. Jehovah God now would make the choice of 144000, up until the final sealing. As long as there are ones living there could be a choice by Jehovah. He did not chose a herd of them at Pentecost just because these were baptized, that is the mistake we make. We tell ourself like we know that Jehovah chose all 3000 of them. That is incorrect. All the account tells us was they were baptized. Remember Demas? He left and returned to the world and what about those who Paul warned would be the ones who would take ones from among them out of the congregation? The number is 144000, of which Jehovah, not us, are making the choice. And at their death, they will have finalized their place on a throne in heaven, not before. All this other talk is trivial. This is not a rodeo. 

5 hours ago, John Houston said:

Are you guys not understanding what was going on when the 'helper' came? It did nothing but open the way for the heavenly reward. Jehovah God now would make the choice of 144000, up until the final sealing. As long as there are ones living there could be a choice by Jehovah. He did not chose a herd of them at Pentecost just because these were baptized, that is the mistake we make.      We tell ourself like we know that Jehovah chose all 3000 of them. That is incorrect. All the account tells us was they were baptized. Remember Demas? He left and returned to the world and what about those who Paul warned would be the ones who would take ones from among them out of the congregation? The number is 144000, of which Jehovah, not us, are making the choice. And at their death, they will have finalized their place on a throne in heaven, not before. All this other talk is trivial. This is not a rodeo. 

Yes, anyone, anointed or not anointed, can leave Christ and become disobedient to his teachings.  Demas is a good example of someone who left Jesus’ teachings for the “things in the world” – the world at that time period and its religious environment.   2 Tim 4:10; 1 John 2:15

I agree that in the first century there were people chosen by God through the anointing of Holy Spirit as “firstfruits” – the first of the children of God.  They were those whom Christ promised to send with good news (John 13:20; Matt 10:14; James 1:18)  And many became believers in Christ who were baptized with water. They received Jesus and understood his words, through the blessing of Holy Spirit.  Acts 2:38-41  The last supper of Christ was attended by only his close disciples - it was they who entered the "New Covenant".  Many believed in Christ and were baptized, but he did not invite all to be his Bride; who as the fulfilled covenant of life, would with Christ bring life to all in the Kingdom.   (Isa 42:6; 2:2-4; John 15:16; Luke 2:32; Acts 13:47; Rom 4:13; Rev 21:1-4)  All believers receive the promise of life through the New Covenant, but at different times.  

Paul stated:

“For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. 20 For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21 that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.  We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23 Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies.” Rom 8:19-23 (Zech 4:8-10)

With that revealing of the Bride/anointed sons of “Israel”/”144,000”, “freedom and glory” comes to the rest of God’s children in the Kingdom.  Rev 22:17

5 hours ago, John Houston said:

He did not chose a herd of them at Pentecost just because these were baptized, that is the mistake we make.

The problem is what the GB is telling all of you.  It appears to me that Splane is building a case to give credence for a change about to happen. The more I ponder on it, the more it appears that the 144,000 teaching as applying to just the anointed will be eliminated.  Here is the foundation for the stage being set: 

WT 2016, Jan. pg 24-26

Jehovah began choosing anointed ones after Jesus was resurrected. It seems that in the first century, all true Christians were anointed. For hundreds of years after that, most of those who said that they were Christians did not really follow Christ. Even so, during those years, Jehovah anointed those few who were true Christians. 

Four years later, we find almost word-for-word, the same quote:

WT 2020, Jan. pg 30-31: 

Jehovah began choosing anointed ones after Jesus was resurrected. It seems that in the first century, all true Christians were anointed. In the centuries that followed, most of those who claimed that they were Christians did not really follow Christ. Even so, during those years, Jehovah anointed the few who were true Christians. 

In his talk, Splane compares the numbers of growth of only anointed in the first century, to the amount of newly baptized ones from 1983 onward; emphasizing again, the number “144,000” which ordinarily applies to the anointed in WT's teachings.  

I believe the question is, what will JWs think if the teaching is dropped totally.  What will the anointed who are with you, feel about this?   Already, there is no anointed priesthood utilized by God in the organization, except for the GB. (1 Pet 2:5,9; Mal 2:7)  Elders are honored, while anointed are told to be humble and quiet.  They are told not to share their anointing with anyone, or to bond together as an anointed group.  (Isa 29:4)

“And I will keep on doing what I am doing in order to cut the ground from under those who want an opportunity to be considered equal with us in the things they boast about.” 2 Cor 11:2

And, elders not anointed have the authority to judge an anointed/dwelling of God’s Spirit/ as deserving of a spiritual death. (1 Cor 3:16,17) (John 16:2; Rom 14:4; Rev 13:15) 

Splane remarks that there are no gifts of the spirit, but "Gentile" elders not of “Israel” are somehow appointed by God as your leaders, as “gifts in men”.  Can you imagine any anointed ones in the first century tolerating this type of oppression against them?

“I wrote to the church, but Diotrephes, who loves to have the preeminence among them, does not receive us. 10 Therefore, if I come, I will call to mind his deeds which he does, talking nonsense against us with malicious words. And not content with that, he himself does not receive the brethren, and forbids those who wish to, putting them out of the church.”  3 John 1:9-10

God's priesthood is conquered in the last days, not by a literal army holding guns, but by malicious, blasphemous words against them. (Rev 13:5-7) (Num 18:7; 2 Chron 13:9)  Already, it has been mentioned by the elders that every JW is part of the Body of Christ, which was once truthfully, taught as comprised of the anointed “Bride” to come. (1 Cor chapter 12; 2 Cor 11:2; Eph 2:20-22)  If all JWs are subsequently told they are the “temple” of God, as S. Herd has stated, there will be very little difference between WT’s teachings and those in Christendom. The Temple, dwelling of God, is the symbolic 144,000.  (1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17; 2 Cor 6:16; Eph 2:20-22; Rev 14:1)

God's holy people have only been conquered by any nation, when they have sinned.  This was the result of false teachings and idolatry.  Since the organization holds out the promise of salvation over and above Jesus Christ alone, (John 14:6) what do you think God and Christ feel about the actions of their anointed priesthood today submitting to lies said about them?  Who are the anointed ones fallen from God's favor?  Isn't it those who preach falsehoods that you admittedly recognize?  (Rev 8:10,11; 17:1; 13:11; Matt 24:24)

False prophets were among God’s people in the past, as false teachers will be among you. They will secretly bring in their own destructive teachings. They will deny the Lord, who has bought them, and they will bring themselves swift destruction. 2 Many people will follow them in their destructive waysand will cause others to dishonor the way of truth. In their greed they will use good-sounding arguments to exploit you. The verdict against them from long ago is still in force, and their destruction is not asleep."  2 Pet 2:1-3

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”  Acts 4:12

https://pearl-disgustingthing.blogspot.com/