Reddit Will Not Have to Hand Over Identity of Former Jehovah's Witness

• Views 1.3k
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@TrueTomHarley Actually.... it was rogue lawyers looking to sue people who post other people's photos in this case. In the past they only had to ask .... maybe file a DMCA request to the admin of

Everything we say, write, or do, should be completely transparent ... and further WE SHOULD BE PROUD OF EVERYTHING WE SAY, WRITE OR DO ! If not ... reparations and profound real heart felt apolog

Naturally! WTJWorg using Bible verse how all "spiritual food" (not only Bible text), ALL what this Company published, released in any format) is FREE OF CHARGE for humankind.  WT lawyers purposel

Posted Images

@TrueTomHarley Actually.... it was rogue lawyers looking to sue people who post other people's photos in this case.

In the past they only had to ask .... maybe file a DMCA request to the admin of the site......that was all that was necessary.

IP Lawyers in Europe and elsewhere have upped their game to skip the normal steps above straight to sending out threatening cease and desist letters with "penalties" they are asking for in the thousands per photo.

Needless to say for such low budget sites like this one..... you do the risk / reward calculation in your head.

Hence.... closed to new members..... and closed to the public and hopefully their snooping attorneys.

I am hoping the ad revenue from existing users will pay for itself / storage etc....

16 minutes ago, Witness said:

it's got to be rogue Watchtower lawyers. 

Is it any different when people think they can just get up and slander an organization? Create falsehood in order to further the agenda of ex-witnesses and remove those that defend the truth and scripture from that kind of misrepresentation?

At one point, the mighty dollar needed to come to a decision that is afforded to all organization. Malice and immoral behavior is not considered free speech anymore. A topic being looked at in the USA without infringing on the constitution. Free speech is NOT the same as hate speech. What is hate speech. Look up the word "INCITE" and Violating copyright material is NOT free speech.

That's why it is good this site closed its doors to further slander. Was it necessary? NO! all they needed to do is "prevent" the kind of festering malice and copyright, problem solved.

34 minutes ago, admin said:

@Leander H. McNelly No. It had nothing to do with Watchtower in this case.

Wow. You know, when I post photos (seldom here) I generally make sure that they are either my own, of common domain, or acceptable to post if giving credit, which I do. There have been times, however, when when it just seems too picayune to go through all this for just a Insignificant post in social media that will be seen once and never again—who could possibly care? Your experience gives me me pause for thought.

I hope it was not me who was the bad boy that posted what made you trouble. Profuse apologies if so. 

5 hours ago, Leander H. McNelly said:

Free speech is NOT the same as hate speech. What is hate speech.

If WTJWorg use all sort of "witnessing" to explain and assure humankind how..................................................................  all people who will not join Organization to worship God in JW's way of religious devotion ............... will be destroyed in Armageddon ...................

in what sort of speech we can put such words?

Do we need WT lawyers to explain us to whom belong photos and articles and intellectual property that generate this sort of speech ?

14 hours ago, admin said:

No. It had nothing to do with Watchtower in this case.

Glad to hear it. It seems most activity on this site has been WT related.

13 hours ago, admin said:

nope ... not you....

I hope it wasn't me either. But mostly I hope that you can continue the site without losing money. Proactive frivolous lawsuits for legal blackmail have become a thing.

I really am glad I'm not American, sorry folks. Do we get this type of problem here in UK ? I've no idea, I've never been that deeply involved in worldly thinking. But really, misuse of material that is for public use anyway ? Sorry it makes no sense to me. John Butler got D/fed. I wonder if he was about to get sued for some made up story about  'threat to human life' ? 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.