Srecko Sostar

• Views 4.3k
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the organization (which I grew up calling the society) operates under an unstated premise that it's okay to hold divergent views so long as you don't attempt to create schism. Over the ye

…  

@Pudgy Feel free to call the five absolute true statements of the Bible as Gobbledygook. The stakes are far too high to treat this as a game, and treating as profane what is consecrated to God is the

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

I have 3 questions: Who is a neighbor according to the JW understanding and are there internal classifications of "neighbors"? Is the ex-JW a neighbor?

Are these sincere questions, or merely rhetorical questions intended to scandalize (i.e. cause to stumble) those seeking to find Christ’s Congregation? If you have sincere questions I’ll be glad to answer them. But if your questions are merely rhetorical, then please refrain from making use of such questions. Questions do not establish anything, nor are they a substitute for an argument. That is sophistry and it suggests insincerity and an unwillingness to make a positive case.

I think SS’s questions, whatever else they may or may not be the case, need to be addressed, if you want to have a dialog … it’s a two-way street.

in a forum such as this one asking someone not to ask certain questions reeks of petty tyranny at worst, and arrogance at best.

The way to handle it is if you don’t think the question is appropriate … too bad.

You are in the wrong room.

Just ignore the question and leave it unanswered. 

9FF1D60D-307C-40D0-A4E4-A4AAD154A16C.jpeg

3 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

I have 3 questions: Who is a neighbor according to the JW understanding and are there internal classifications of "neighbors"? Is the ex-JW a neighbor?

Often, people seeking answers are misguided by well-meaning individuals who lack a thorough understanding of the Bible. That situation is truly unfortunate and presents quite a challenge. The significance of loving God and loving others is often emphasized by Christians, and with good reason. Jesus himself declared these to be the most important commandments (Mark 12:28–34; see Deuteronomy 6:4–5 and Leviticus 19:18). The concept of loving others is sometimes expressed more explicitly as the duty to love one's neighbor as oneself. Naturally, the question "Who is my neighbor?" arises.

The command to love our neighbor as ourselves, originally from Leviticus 19:18, is a powerful reminder from the Lord. It urges us not to seek revenge or hold grudges against anyone, but to shower love upon our neighbors. Although the Jews during Jesus' time primarily considered their neighbors to be fellow Israelites, the concept extends far beyond that. God has a much broader definition in mind, urging us to love without boundaries. It goes beyond loving those who are similar to us or can reciprocate that love.

In Luke 10, there is a remarkable account where a knowledgeable scribe, well-versed in the Jewish law, decided to put Jesus to the test regarding the path to obtaining eternal life. Instead of giving a direct answer, Jesus cunningly posed the question back to the scribe (Luke 10:25–37). Displaying his depth of understanding, the scribe promptly replied with the profound commandment to wholeheartedly love God and one's neighbor just as much as oneself. Jesus, fully acknowledging the wisdom in this response, affirmed its truth. However, the scribe, seeking to justify himself further, inquired, "Who exactly qualifies as my neighbor?" In response to this crucial query, Jesus masterfully weaved the Parable of the Good Samaritan.

Do former witnesses meet the criteria of being a "neighbor" according to Christ's understanding? The answer is a resounding yes, they do indeed meet that criteria. However, are there certain individuals who do not qualify as one's neighbor? Yes! These are the individuals who are willing to cause disruption and defy God's law. Among them may be ex-witnesses or individuals who not only fail to abide by God's commandments but even go against the teachings of his word. Thankfully, God has granted these individuals the opportunity to repent and make things right. Matthew 5: 43-44

I believe that the answer to this question varies depending on the individual and the circumstances they find themselves in. While some fortunate individuals are able to enjoy three nutritious and satisfying meals every day, there are unfortunately others who struggle to have even a single meal. Whether Mr. Srecko chooses to have sterile ice cubes or gain knowledge, that decision should be entirely up to him.

The book of Job is full of provocative questions. Also on Quora I saw some asking questions about JW. Many times the person answering (I guess JW) says in the answer that it is not a question, that it should be asked in a different way, that the question is not sincere and similar things.

Jesus could afford the luxury of not answering the Pharisees' questions or silencing them with counter-questions. There is no place for such a strategy here or on Qoura or in other situations, because no JW (or non-JW) is comparable to Jesus.
The answer should not be withheld if one is sure of his answer and can argue it in further discussion and in new questions.

When JW lawyers or JW elders answer questions put to them by the Court, you will never hear them question the judge's sincerity. But you will hear "theocratic strategy."

5 hours ago, Pudgy said:

asking someone not to ask certain questions reeks of petty tyranny at worst, and arrogance at best.

We touched on the topic of "tyranny" in previous comments. WTJWorg uses some forms that can be classified as "tyranny", because it does not allow members to question the GB, does not allow the asking of "uncomfortable" questions, does not allow the use of arguments that are not in accordance with the GB doctrines. 

I strongly believe that Jesus was incredibly open-minded. The contrast lies in the disparity between perfection and imperfection. Despite Jesus' flawless teachings, they did not resonate with the pharisees. On the other hand, imperfect beings like the pharisees were plotting to kill him. Therefore, it is only logical to question the source of spiritual food. What sort of spiritual leader desires to eradicate their opponent solely based on their beliefs? We need to further ponder why anyone would wish to hinder others from knowing the Bible and God the right way?

47 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

When JW lawyers or JW elders answer questions put to them by the Court, you will never hear them question the judge's sincerity. But you will hear "theocratic strategy."

Ever pondered on the strategies employed by other religious organizations? I vividly remember when the Australian Supreme Court reversed the conviction of a Cardinal who had been accused of sexual child abuse.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.