The World News Media

The "new light" never extinguishes the old "light", but adds to it - C.T. Russell, WT February 1881

Srecko Sostar

GB constantly finds reasons to change its previous point of view, opinion. And so it happens that the previous "Light" has become the current "Darkness".
Every mind-unchained JW should be concerned about his role in believing and spreading today's "Truth", because tomorrow it will be declared "Darkness".

Some JWs will try to rationalize this theological/doctrinal middle ground with the idea that "it is not the truth that changes but our understanding of the truth". "Present Truth" is changing, the book Proclaimers says, because of "advances in the understanding of truth."

The book Proclaimers deals with the terms:

1-"light is progressive"
2-"progressive understanding"
3-"shining of light is progressive"
4-"study of God's Word is progressive"
5-"progressive Truth"
6-"recognizing the progressive character of the unfolding of Scriptural truths"

After this kind of terminology used to defend the changes in the doctrines of the WTJWorg, we may wonder what JWs actually believe. Do they believe in "The Bible"? Do they believe in "The Truth"? Do they believe in "The Progress"? Do they believe in "The Understanding"? Do they believe in all these separate elements, which can only be correctly connected and formed together giving the final product only within their Main Church Body aka GB?

Regardless of how JWs feel about this, it is significant that a large number of their "Truths" are being changed to such an extent and significance that they can no longer be called, or even should not be called "Truth", but become, rejected and forgotten over time, "The Interpretation" of some human minds.

• Views 4.4k
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Srecko Sostar As I see it, a large part(not all) of those who claim to be Christians, including JWs, and the lady of the video you shared (JW Research Rose) all work under the same principle. The pri

Of all the religions on Earth, it is my long and carefully considered opinion, based on what I consider to be irrefutable facts, that as a group, Jehovah’s Witnesses have the best chance of all of the

1.)   How do you define “progressiveness”? The general society seems to have an evolved definition that changes daily. And does the truth of God REALLY coincide with the truth proclaimed by the W

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Errikos Tsiamis said:

This advice would greatly benefit both JWs and visitors alike.

• "Don’t follow the ways of the wicked; don’t do what evil people do. Avoid their ways, and don’t follow them. Stay away from them and keep on going, because they cannot sleep until they do evil. They cannot rest until they harm someone." (Proverbs 4:14-16)
  • "Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers." (Psalm 1:1)
  • "How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, Nor stand in the path of sinners, Nor sit in the seat of scoffers!" (Psalm 1:1)
  • "For one day the wicked will be destroyed, but those who trust in the Lord will inherit the land. Just a little while longer and the ungodly will vanish; you will look for them in vain. But the humble of heart will inherit every promise and enjoy abundant peace." (Psalm 37:9-11)

Advices, recommendations,  tips are good. The problem may arise in the perception of the observer.

I just have one question …..

The answer will tell us the truth about many things.

If a Brother or Sister does their research and takes a theocratic position different than “current light”, and is disfellowshipped for apostasy, and later, as “new light” is revealed, it turns out they were correct …. do they get reinstated with an apology and reparations?

The theocratic implications of THAT truth are staggering!

I have absolutely no problem with the Governing Body being wrong, and correcting itself as time goes on

This happens in all areas of human endeavor, including physics, chemistry, astronomy … and the list goes on and on and on.

I temember when no one knew anything about Plate Tectonics, and everyone “knew” Mars had an advanced global system of canals, and Venus was a hot, humid jungle.

But no one quoted many dozens of Scriptures to support those ideas, which were wrong, or represented to their audience that they knew that by “Special and Exclusive Revelation from God”.

And for their benevolence bathed daily in a waterfall of free, never ending money. 

Or destroyed the lives and families of those heretics that did not believe them.

4 hours ago, Errikos Tsiamis said:

When people start making assumptions and judgment about others without any evidence or basis, it reveals a lack of understanding and empathy. Therefore, the wiser decision is to embrace the truth, as long as it is understood accurately. The truth of the Bible will conquer every hurdle that human beings have created to impede it.

I agree to believe that there is truth in the Bible that will stand the test of time. But we are emphasizing the "truth" of the WT Society here. 

So are you forgetting that Russell began to doubt the established "truth" of the existing religions of his time. And none of the JWs take as a bad thing for him. He had critical thinking about his faith.

When did JWs stop critically examining their own beliefs? This happened after they came to know and accepted the WTJWorg "truth". With the passage of time and belonging to the newly acquired doctrine, they reduced their caution towards the ideological nonsense of their own religious elite who replaced ideological nonsense of  their previous religious leaders from the former church.

JWs have fallen into the same kind of religious circle dominated by the drivel of a few "peddlers" of God's Word. If JWs would stick to exclusively moral teachings from the Bible, that is, Jesus' sermons, then they would be in the Truth. But as they are today, they are in the Network of Interpretations.

6 hours ago, Errikos Tsiamis said:

Rationalizing a belief can be beneficial, similar to how Jesus rationalized the actions of the Pharisees as not aligned with God's teachings. I believe the term for that is referred to as a "reinterpretation." or "revision." I suppose that's something that former members fail to understand when they make baseless arguments.

Kinda like when Betty Crocker revised the brownie into a fudge-like brownie, which was nothing but a undercooked brownie.

Of all the religions on Earth, it is my long and carefully considered opinion, based on what I consider to be irrefutable facts, that as a group, Jehovah’s Witnesses have the best chance of all of them to be found acceptable to God and Christ. 

All the blessings of my life, which is almost over, is because I obeyed what I was taught by Jehovah’s Witnesses. 

The reverse is also true. 

The CORE 15% of what is taught is of life saving value, and to the best of my knowledge cannot be found elsewhere. 

That, to me, means the CORE 15% is in fact the “True Religion”.

I do not expect perfection from employers, spouses (and I have had three …), friends, the Police and/or Court Systems, Armed Forces military leaders, soldiers, sailors or airmen, or the McDonalds drive-thru which almost ALWAYS seems to screw up my order. 

The tolerance I have for applied stupidity I suspect Jehovah God also has for us … after all …. he is the Sovereign God of this Universe, and extending mercy does not diminish his majesty, authority or security in any way.

If we “stick our neck out”, someone can “cut off our head”.  Not so with Jehovah God.

I also suspect that, with MANY Biblical examples to review for reference, he has a high tolerance for us being theologically bat-crap crazy. Thousands of years of colossal screw ups and institutionalized injustices were tolerated before He replaced the old system.

I often think, Jehovah with a casual thought could destroy all his enemies, everywhere, in an instant … so why did He have brave men of valor fight and die on ancient battlefields, and put them through all of that?

Why does Jehovah God now allow the Governing Body to chase away almost as many disciples of his Son, as 8 million recruiters can enlist? 

I almost know, but I can’t prove it, as it would be “preaching error”, if I can’t prove it.

I suspect we are all being sifted, and hardened in “trials by fire” …. after all, the ONLY way you can get experience in how to endure getting beaten … is to get beaten.  

Military Special Forces know this … that is why training includes real torture, beatings, and conditioning on how to endure without being broken. Think of the 144,000. They will be given immortality … life forever with great power and authority, independent of God, but exactly parallel in purpose and agreement!

How does Jehovah know they can be trusted to be good at it? Immortality, by definition, means it can never be revoked.

EXPERIENCE.

Just as a Navy Seal, when dropped from a helicopter 12 miles off shore and has to swim to shore, then run 15 miles to base and without eating or rest, read an entire book, and take a test on it, there are casualties. People die, or fail, or wounded, or thrown out because they just can’t cut it.

Some of us are just plain not good enough, focused enough, motivated enough, tough enough, or strong enough.

You get the test FIRST ….….. and the lesson AFTERWARDS.

321202F4-026D-4F24-BB50-E9185DE648A8.png

2 hours ago, Errikos Tsiamis said:

1.)   “The Watchtower's commitment to progressiveness is intertwined with its unwavering adherence to the Bible as its foundation. Thus, the truth of God coincides with the truth proclaimed by the Watchtower. “

1.)   How do you define “progressiveness”? The general society seems to have an evolved definition that changes daily.

And does the truth of God REALLY coincide with the truth proclaimed by the Watchtower?

Let’s test that:

1.a)   Where in the Bible, does God or Christ teach “overlapping generations”?

1.b)   Where in the Bible do the Apostles indicate that is what they were taught?

A “Mission Statement” and what is reality often falls short in ALL corporations.

1.c)   Please provide hard evidence that your above statement is not just a liberal progressive fantasy.

2.)   “Those who intend to attack the Watchtower are also attacking the sacredness of scripture, and consequently, defying God.”

2.)   These two things are obviously not even close to being the same thing.

It is an arrogant false comparison that is intended as a veiled threat, common to all religious leaders since a tribal Shamen claimed the majority of meat for himself “… because God said so!”  

It is blatantly false to anyone with basic common sense. Nice try, though. 

3.)   “To truly grasp Russell's perspective as someone discovering new ideas beyond the accepted boundaries of Christendom, the answer will become clear to those who seek understanding rather than questioning the entirety of Christendom.”

3.)    I fully agree with that.

New evidence has come out showing the “Cross” Jesus died on may have PROBABLY been more likely to be a two piece construct. Unfortunately Christendom’s guesses are sometimes more accurate than the Society’s guesses. This applies to all areas of theocratic analysis. They do get SOME things right!

Russell’s article in the very first Watchtower “What is Truth?” is an excellent touchstone to support or collapse all of my, or your above points.

“What is Truth” is worthy of framing and hanging up in the bedroom.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.